• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Yo have you seen the Origins combat salty tears? That shit was actually too fast for people.

Going back to Asylum and City felt like slow-motion after Origins.

I guess I haven't. For me it just felt off in the beginning and I didn't immediately realize why exactly, but in the end adapting to the more aggressive thug AI wasn't really a huge deal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess I haven't. For me it just felt off in the beginning and I didn't immediately realize why exactly, but in the end adapting to the more aggressive thug AI wasn't really a huge deal.

It isn't a huge deal, but it's better and a hell of a lot more fun. I actually did the combat challenge rooms 100%.

Helmholtz

I remember seeing a bunch of the concept and character art for GW1 and its expansions and then finding out that it was an RPG and thinking it would be the greatest game of all time. Then I saw what it actually looked like in game and was sad. I never ended up playing it.

What I wouldn't give for a game that actually translates the ArenaNet art into 3D properly.
I think some of the later expansion for GW1 (Nightfall, Eye of the North) looked quite pretty at times. But yeah, as a whole the game is a bit dated by now.
As much as I'm not a big fan of GW2, I have to say that game did a pretty good job of realizing ANet's concept art. It's a very pretty game in my opinion.

Parsnip

It isn't a huge deal, but it's better and a hell of a lot more fun. I actually did the combat challenge rooms 100%.
Opposite for me, I had more fun with City and back when it came out I did the Batman combat challenges on x360. Couldn't be bothered with the other characters though.

Teeth

I think some of the later expansion for GW1 (Nightfall, Eye of the North) looked quite pretty at times. But yeah, as a whole the game is a bit dated by now.
As much as I'm not a big fan of GW2, I have to say that game did a pretty good job of realizing ANet's concept art. It's a very pretty game in my opinion.

GW2 looks great (and I've actually played it; seems very well constructed, but it's just not for me), but I don't feel it lives up to the art. There's a painterly aesthetic that it's missing. The designs are nice and it has great scope and expanse, but I just don't feel like it's even possible, with the amount of content an MMO has to have, for any company to live up to the detail of their art.

Additionally, the level design issues inherent to huge, multi-user areas wreaks havoc with the art design. It's just the nature of the beast.

DocSeuss

A bit OT, but I wanted to reminds you guys. If you want to buy some cheap Steam games. Please look below. I will only post this every once in a while on here to avoid derailing stuff. I hope you guys aren't offended since this is technically advertising. If you are. I apologize. Please PM me if you feel uncomfortable with this.

unnngghhh, Ryse and STFU+soundtrack at that pricccceeeeeee...

Miguel81

How is the Aveline content for Black Flag? I'm almost done with the main quest and was thinking whether I should play that or go for the multi.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How is the Aveline content for Black Flag? I'm almost done with the main quest and was thinking whether I should play that or go for the multi.

It's pretty short, maybe an hourish or so long? It's pretty cool though and looks nice. I liked Aveline a lot and you have the content so you might as well check it out.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Shadow, did you read the OP?

Edit: Not that I entirely mind. But at least post it in the BST thread and link back here. Dunno.

He specifically said his source doesn't want the attention from B/S/T and just wants it within SteamGAF. I dunno, I see why perhaps MRORANGE wouldn't want it here anyways but I don't care. Isn't hurting anyone.

Dr Dogg

Regards to Arkham Origins and the combat mechanics, that Deathstroke really found out that lots and lots of players were button-mashers. No wonder some don't get on with the combat as it's all about combo building in Origins and once you get a good flow going and get the various Specials going you can be unstoppable.

dmix90

Unless I'm looking at the wrong exchage rate sites, they aren't. At least for Ryse.
This. Plus if you add PayPal exchange rate things will look even more suspicious. I am not saying that i am not jealous but this is kinda strange.

Example:

Ryse: Son of Rome - $39.99, RUB 899, UA $19.99
RUB 899 = $24.336 + ~$0.9 with paypal RUB/USD exchange rate.

This mistery guy selling this game for $17.00. Well i don't know, he might work at a loss :D or he have a source of cheap as dirt TF2 keys or his bank give him tasty percentage from his purchases back or.........

ZOROYFL.png

Grief.exe

Dusk Golem's thread is considerably increasing my hype for Evil Within. Just need to grab that and Lords of The Fallen to perfectly round out October.

Already have Shadow of Mordor for early October and Isaac for the rest of the year.

He specifically said his source doesn't want the attention from B/S/T and just wants it within SteamGAF. I dunno, I see why perhaps MRORANGE wouldn't want it here anyways but I don't care. Isn't hurting anyone.

If we let one person post their listing it's kind of difficult to tell everyone else they aren't allowed to. This thread needs to self-moderated by the community to some extent so I think it's only fair to point it out.

Miguel81

It's pretty short, maybe an hourish or so long? It's pretty cool though and looks nice. I liked Aveline a lot and you have the content so you might as well check it out.

I'll try it out a little later then as I never played Liberation, I'm kinda getting burned out at the moment, though(It always happens with the AC series). Unfortunately, Freedom Cry will have to wait for next year. Can't force myself or I'll end up despising the game.

Dusk Golem's thread is considerably increasing my hype for Evil Within. Just need to grab that and Lords of The Fallen to perfectly round out October.

Already have Shadow of Mordor for early October and Isaac for the rest of the year.

Are you picking up Alien Isolation as well? That one looks like the Alien game that I've always wanted to try.

Shadownet

Banned
If we let one person post their listing it's kind of difficult to tell everyone else they aren't allowed to. This thread needs to self-moderated by the community to some extent so I think it's only fair to point it out.

I'm only doing this once per month or something. I don't wanna spam SteamGAF

Tellaerin

To be fair, I don't think it's common for sellers to specifically request that people only advertise their services in the Steam thread, and outright say that they don't want to be mentioned in B/S/T. Under the circumstances I think it's pretty reasonable for Shadownet to "advertise" here, and if anyone says, "Why can he do it if I can't?", it's easily explained. Complaints and objections will probably end up doing more to derail the thread than his single post did.

To be fair, I don't think it's common for sellers to specifically request that people only advertise their services in the Steam thread, and outright say that they don't want to be mentioned in B/S/T. Under the circumstances I think it's pretty reasonable for Shadownet to "advertise" here, and if anyone says, "Why can he do it if I can't?", it's easily explained. Complaints and objections will probably end up doing more to derail the thread than his single post did.
This also opens the doors for anyone to pull that. But whatever. I might end up using him myself, so it's not like I want him to go away completely or something.

Who all here is getting The Evil Within? I'm tentatively excited for it.

I don't see how that changes anything. The rules are very clear.

Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.

But yeah let's leave it at that. If most people are fine with it, whatever. I just don't think it should be posted here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Escaflowne must surely be steamgaf's favorite anime ever

Teeth

Stop me from what?

Ha, i totally wrote that wrong. I meant to inquire whether playing Dead Space on low sufficiently mitigated the horror aspects to the point of being more playable for you (since you implied that being chased by things, like the regenerator in Dead Space, made it rough for you).

Never mind, i clearly need sleep.

Sendou

Oh no, that's what I started playing today after finishing Saints Row 4 (I should probably start posting in the 52 Games - 1 Year thread, making great backlog-progress). Is it boring or frustrating?

I see that this was discussed by others as well but let me offer how I feel. Arkham Origins simply no longer represents that damn near perfect game design Arkham Asylum did. It shares many problems with other modern games. The combat is technically faster like Stallion Free said but the way the combat works in this game every encounter is just tedious. I don't think the faster speed is an improvement either. Arkham Asylum had the perfect balance. Also it seems harder to actually get down those LT+Y takedowns (while enemies are down you can finish them) making encounters even longer. Some other gripes I had with the game include distracting graphical bugs and weird ass game design (oh this door is locked and when you do this completely unrelated thing it's now open for no good reason). Actually the one thing that made me quit the game was when I did an objective in the game that told me to go from place x to place y. I went to place y and died while doing a Silent Predator encounter there. Now when I respawned I did so back in the place y BUT without the previous objective marked as complete essentially forcing me to go back to place X. It's an obvious oversight but these things add up.

So it's both boring and frustrating. Just the thought of going for the usual open world stuff in this game just doesn't excite me. Arkham Origins shouldn't have been an open world game. I don't know what's it with Origins (and to smaller extent City). Arkham Asylum is one of my favorite games of all time. I finished it four times never being bored. Origins and City weren't the same for me anymore.

Wok

I don't see how that changes anything. The rules are very clear.

Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.

But yeah let's leave it at that. If most people are fine with it, whatever. I just don't think it should be posted here.

I also prefer when rules are the same for every post, no matter who is the poster or how generous he is. When we are talking about trading, money is involved, so things can get dirty.

Indeed, liezryoumaneil99 got banned after being really aggressive towards another trader in the B/S/T. I can remember another trader insulting Dunder because his prices were too good and he was getting all the clients. You don't want this kind of crap to happen outside the B/S/T.

zkylon

zkylewd
sure took its time for tits to get interesting

finally chapter 4 we get into coup d'etats and rebels and more crossdressing, my kind of thing

i'm now kinda excited about the second one but considering the pacing of this one, i'm not so sure...

Finished The Banner Saga, it was nice, but the story could be done better, also fuck that ending, I don't feel like playing part 2 after it.

Shadownet

Banned
freaking Dead Rising 3 would not stop crashing. sigh..

Edit:

Also, as I said I will not be posting or advertising like everyday. I was just making that one post so people are aware of the deals that's all. I put it in spoiler tags and quotation. I also left a warning at the top and tell people that if they have any questions or requests to message me privately.

I know we have rules about not doing selling, advertising or buying stuff on here. But I'm taking every precautions possible. What else do some of you want? I mean the seller originally want to only have a few clients, but I told him I could try and help other people of SteamGAF get in on the cheap games.

I mean this is in the utmost respect toward them but if you guys want I can just stop this whole thing and we can all go back to buying games from liez and dmix. Just trying to help some of you guys out that's all.

oipic

Indeed, liezryou got banned after being really aggressive towards another trader in the B/S/T.

Yep, that case escalated quickly indeed... money changing hands for what could potentially be interpreted as 'undue' (or disproportionate) profit can definitely lead to some tension (although it was maneil99 who was banned, before liezryou reads this and panics!) :)

Yep, that case escalated quickly indeed... money changing hands for what could potentially be interpreted as 'undue' (or disproportionate) profit can definitely lead to some tension (although it was maneil99 who was banned, before liezryou reads this and panics!) :)
As much as he was abrasive about it, he was right.

Tellaerin

I also prefer when rules are the same for every post, no matter who is the poster or how generous he is. When we are talking about trading, money is involved, so things can get dirty.

Indeed, liezryou got banned after being really aggressive towards another trader in the B/S/T. I can remember another trader insulting Dunder because his prices were too good and he was getting all the clients. You don't want this kind of crap to happen outside the B/S/T.

It's not a question of favoritism. We're talking about someone specifically saying, "I don't want to advertise in the B/S/T thread because I don't want to be overwhelmed with responses". I think we can all agree that this isn't the norm for traders - most of them aren't going to go out of their way to avoid getting too much business - so I can't really imagine the thread being inundated by similar posts.

I don't have a horse in this race myself. I've never bought anything through traders. But from what I've seen, there are folks here in this thread who are interested in this. If Shadownet isn't allowed to mention it here, and the seller deliberately wants to avoid the B/S/T, anyone who's potentially interested is going to lose out. Now personally, I thought that seeing people have a chance at discounts they wouldn't otherwise get should take precedence over an arbitrary anti-spamming rule. An occasional post like that by one person isn't going to plunge the thread into chaos, and shutting him down seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. But hey, what do I know, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom