• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ok, so two of my latest backing projects are not turning out quite as I hoped so far.

First, there's all the Shovel Knight Nintendo EU shenanigans. Game is still not out and what not.

Now Comcept decided all Mighty no 9 backers should get a free copy of Mighty Gunvolt 3DS. Yeay!! ... but nope

If I live outside North America, is it possible to get a code for my region?
Sorry but we can only offer everyone North American 3DS eShop codes. We realize backers come from all over the world, and we very much value our fans from other countries, but unfortunately region-free codes were not an option, so we picked the region where the majority of our backers hailed from.

Murican BIAS

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but unfortunately region-free codes were not an option

RUjkpaM.jpg

liezryou

Do CS:GO missions expire? I have one sitting in my inventory as I bought the current operation pass while it was half off, but since I don't play the game online thanks to my extra-crummy internet connection (the fibre rollout recently started playing silly buggers with my ADSL sync speeds, which is a good thing in its own way), I'd rather save it for when I have real internets.

I seriously doubt you have a worse ADSL connection then I do ATM. I'm currently in Pakistan with A 4MB net that has been desyncing everu 5 mins since Friday morning. I went and yelled at the Dsl people today morning at the exchange, so hopefully it will get fixed soon. Until then, 3G for me.

JaseC

I seriously doubt you have a worse ADSL connection then I do ATM. I'm currently in Pakistan with A 4MB net that has been desyncing everu 5 mins since Friday morning. I went and yelled at the Dsl people today morning at the exchange, so hopefully it will get fixed soon. Until then, 3G for me.
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 384
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2476

:(

Edit: Usually, once the working day is over, I can resync at about 1Mbps less than what my max speed used to be, but not at the moment. My upload speed is artificially capped due to the plan I'm on, so that's always sitting at 384Kbps unless there's a line fault.

zkylon

zkylewd
:(

Edit: Usually, once the working day is over, I can resync at about 1Mbps less than my what my max speed used to be, but not at the moment. My upload speed is artificially capped due to the plan I'm on, so that's always sitting at 384Kbps unless there's a line fault.

this is a neat excuse not to play games saoirse

Teppic

It finally happened. Made a mistake by selling an operation breakout case for €0.1 when I should have sold it for €1. Day ruined :(

zkylon

zkylewd
actually one of my many issues with sleeping has to do with the fact i have nightmares almost every day

fortunately they almost never involve videogames

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
I preordered war in the north. I honestly have no idea why it got such a bad reception. I played it constantly for a few days, had alot of fun with it.

It's good fun but has stuttering issues with AMD cards, occasionally very severe. At one point (and during the final level, no less) it's necessary to use on-board graphics in order to make it through without instacrashing.

Myshkin

Just finished going through the #GAMERGATE thread. It's a treasure trove of people to plonk, starting with the ones attacking Boogie.
No one from here got plonked; huh, guess SteamGAF really is the best.

Arthea

It finally happened. Made a mistake by selling an operation breakout case for €0.1 when I should have sold it for €1. Day ruined :(

It's still better than trying to buy 0.08€ card for 0.80€. Good that Volvo saved me from that mistake, at least one plus to new trade system.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How do I rip music from my games? In this case, trying to grab everything STALKER's got. I own all three, but the official website only provides a selection of sounds for download. I've seen full soundtracks on YT, but the audio quality's bad.

Steam\SteamApps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds

The music folder only has two songs, but if you search for "guitar" a bunch of songs pop up under the character folders.

No idea if this is because I have one of those hefty stalker mods installed and all the data is laid out. Also no idea if this works on the later games. There's an extra here as well, which could be useful.

JaseC

Xelios posted in that page :(

Speaking of, I think he's bowed out of the collecting game. I was listlessly browsing the 'net a couple of weeks ago and ended up at AStats, so out of curiosity I looked up his profile, which had been updated a few weeks earlier, and he was still in the 2,500 ballpark, which is where he was prior to the Top 500 list being taken down (back in May).

ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif

Dr Dogg

gog has sale again, this time birthday sale, one day for each year.

Well briefly glancing at the deals I thought I might be safe then I realised there's a lot of Ubi titles there and I'm probably going to get suckered into picking up DRM free Ass Creed for the digital goodies alone if it (inevitably) goes on sale. :(

hitoshi

Sequel is coming, so this might come handy for those who missed the first (great) episode!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Costume Quest -- MB-B2F5CA4F81FE4B25 - Taken by darkchewie. 11 entrants total.

t1410184896z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Speaking of, I think he's bowed out of the collecting game. I was listlessly browsing the 'net a couple of weeks ago and ended up at AStats, so out of curiosity I looked up his profile, which had been updated a few weeks earlier, and he was still in the 2,500 ballpark, which is where he was prior to the Top 500 list being taken down (back in May).

ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif

that's kinda sad actually

Tizoc

ok, so two of my latest backing projects are not turning out quite as I hoped so far.

First, there's all the Shovel Knight Nintendo EU shenanigans. Game is still not out and what not.

Now Comcept decided all Mighty no 9 backers should get a free copy of Mighty Gunvolt 3DS. Yeay!! ... but nope

Murican BIAS

Even with all this BS, people'll still buy nINTENdo's ish and turn a blind eye to such things. As an EU 3DS owner, I gotta suffer through this shit along with having to wait a year for Atlus games.
It's also ridiculous in reverse: EU could get a game 3+ months BEFORE US owners could get it.
Now come and look at Sony systems: REGION free, no restriction on content on the store, an a PS4 game that's cheaper than UK? Hop onto US PSN and oh look it's on sale for lie 75% less than what you'd normally find in the UK.

I get on th 3DS eShop and I find Code of Princess for like 18 Pounds...on sale.

Teppic

It's still better than trying to buy 0.08€ card for 0.80€. Good that Volvo saved me from that mistake, at least one plus to new trade system.
I've been buying cards for 0.03 and five at the time lately. Someday I'm going to buy five cards for 0.3 instead.

Even with all this BS, people'll still buy nINTENdo's ish and turn a blind eye to such things. As an EU 3DS owner, I gotta suffer through this shit along with having to wait a year for Atlus games.
It's also ridiculous in reverse: EU could get a game 3+ months BEFORE US owners could get it.
Now come and look at Sony systems: REGION free, no restriction on content on the store, an a PS4 game that's cheaper than UK? Hop onto US PSN and oh look it's on sale for lie 75% less than what you'd normally find in the UK.

It's an extremely ridiculous thing for any company to do in this day and age. We now live in a global time, where anyone in the world can be in contact with anyone else in the world. Yet we still have stupid reasons that mean a game released in a language we understand can't get to us until a year afterwards. It infuriates me to no end.

FloatOn

Good morning steamgaf. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I made the slightest bit of dark souls 2 progress (dlc 2 is so rough). Worth noting though is that I ended up at this house party last night that had this crazy projector hooked up to a ps4.

We played Need for Speed Rivals and I now desperately want that game on steam. But the majority of the time we played Towerfall Ascension. and that my friends, is one of the best local multiplayer party games I have ever played. It was as intense as it was hilarious.

There was this one moment where one of my friends blindly shot an arrow straight up and it came down on top of my other friend and it won the round. I will purchase Towerfall Acension soon to replicate this laugh riot at my house one day soon for sure.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Not that this is really the thread for it, but this is not really the case with the Vita, at least not if you're going digital. If I want to avoid crappy PSX classics, I have to format the system and buy a separate memory card to switch between accounts. Plus I have to get someone in the states to buy a PSN prepaid card to me or whatever. :/

Still better than 3DS' region lock, for sure though, but hardly flawless.

Tizoc

It's an extremely ridiculous thing for any company to do in this day and age. We now live in a global time, where anyone in the world can be in contact with anyone else in the world. Yet we still have stupid reasons that mean a game released in a language we understand can't get to us until a year afterwards. It infuriates me to no end.

Might not be related to the topic but if I may add: we can now watch the latest episode of anime series within an hour of its Japanese broadcast. Granted it is not for ALL series, but still the fact that such an option exists...
yOU tell that to someone from 5-10 years back and that'll blow their mind.

Ninty gonna Ninty and we're just gonna deal with it and accept it.

Tizoc

Not that this is really the thread for it, but this is not really the case with the Vita, at least not if you're going digital. If I want to avoid crappy PSX classics, I have to format the system and buy a separate memory card to switch between accounts. Plus I have to get someone in the states to buy a PSN prepaid card to me or whatever. :/

True true, should the Vita allow for access to all PS Stores, like the PS3 and 4 do...brah you have no idea how much Vita/PSP goodness is on that JP Store.
Digitally, yes, you are restricted to one store but retail? Nothing stopping ya bro, so you could get the US ver. of Persona 4 Golden on your EU account Vita and rock that ish on it. Likewise for DanganRonpa 1 and 2, and any game on Vita that doesn't have tempting DLC.

Arthea

except for the card for other account thingy, I don't see what's the difference. We still need prepaid PSN cards for Sony store, unless we have US credit card.
It's still region free and I'm ready to praise Sony every day for that.

Arthea

I've been buying cards for 0.03 and five at the time lately. Someday I'm going to buy five cards for 0.3 instead.

wait... there are cards for 0.03? Where how when? I never have seen one at that price. Lowest I ever was able to buy a card was for 0.05€

It's a crime.

exactly!

Never played Beyond Good & Evil before, soooo tempting.

succumb to temptation with the rest of us. I always end up buying something on gog sales, even if now I mostly play steam games somehow.

Thankfully not one of their insomnia sales (though these will never be the same now that Jack Keane 2 has been removed from the store)

we will never forget, though, even if removed, Jack Keane 2 lives in our hearts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom