• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Original Sin deserves it, but I somehow doubt that it will come first. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong ;)

And now I'm reminded that I have yet to properly play Banished after buying it at launch :/

Man, I wish I could feel as happy about Original Sin as everyone else does. I mean, I recognise the good parts of it, but something about it just hasn't clicked for me.

L.O.R.D

FUJ9d8i.jpg

will, i tried to have some fun with him
lol, they are soo lazy for the excuse , can't they find another excuse ?

Man, I wish I could feel as happy about Original Sin as everyone else does. I mean, I recognise the good parts of it, but something about it just hasn't clicked for me.
It's not noob friendly, might turn some people away.
http://i.imgur.com/FUJ9d8i.jpg[IMG]

will, i tried to have some fun with him
lol, they are soo lazy for the excuse , can't they find another excuse ?[/QUOTE]
Probably just a bot.

StAidan

I just wish we could vote for games we played in 2014, not for games that were released in 2014. I don't think I've finished a lot of new ones this year. :\
MRORANGE's 52 games thread should give an easy way to verify if voter actually played the game he voted on.

I have the same problem, I've finished tons of Steam games this year, but Shovel Knight is the only 2014 release. I keep thinking I'll make it to a few newer ones. So far, hasn't happened :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of, I think he's bowed out of the collecting game. I was listlessly browsing the 'net a couple of weeks ago and ended up at AStats, so out of curiosity I looked up his profile, which had been updated a few weeks earlier, and he was still in the 2,500 ballpark, which is where he was prior to the Top 500 list being taken down (back in May).

ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif
I'm glad I can understand the context for this .gif now, after having finished that game this year. I seriously need to play Portable Ops (on a friend's PSP), 4, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes soon.

Not that this is really the thread for it, but this is not really the case with the Vita, at least not if you're going digital. If I want to avoid crappy PSX classics, I have to format the system and buy a separate memory card to switch between accounts. Plus I have to get someone in the states to buy a PSN prepaid card to me or whatever. :/

Still better than 3DS' region lock, for sure though, but hardly flawless.
The bolded can be bypassed thanks to Amazon. Just use a genuine US address there, and you're all set. That's what I do for my PS3 (as the US PSN store doesn't allow non-US credit cards), and it works fine.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Pretty sure the Japanese ones were always out there, but not on Steam and/or translated.
As for the western ones, gamers slowly started paving the way for VNs themselves: games like Dear Esther, Gone Home, and To the Moon all readied gamers for an all-story, no-gameplay experience such as a VN. And of course, Katawa Shoujo was there before them all, but that one was free.

Well there have been western VNs for a while just not many noteworthy ones.

Arthea

SteamGAF? Nah, last year Bioshock Infinite was barely pushed out of first place.

Needless to say, I have little faith.

There are no BioInf this year!
Well, kinda is... if we count DS2, which I genuinely forgot, I mean that it released this year.
I kid, I kid, don't shoot me

mossypne

Is it me or Dead space thats causing this problem? When i move the mouse it takes a second for the game to register ive moved and move the camera. Yet i don't have this problem on any other game.

I'm glad I can understand the context for this .gif now, after having finished that game this year. I seriously need to play Portable Ops (on a friend's PSP), 4, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes soon.

The bolded can be bypassed thanks to Amazon. Just use a genuine US address there, and you're all set. That's what I do for my PS3 (as the US PSN store doesn't allow non-US credit cards), and it works fine.

Let me save you some time and perhaps save your friend a broken psp...don't bother with Portable Ops. It's not very good and the story is terribad retcon-city garbage poopstain. Instead, play the superior and actually considered canon portable game in Peace Walker.

if anything, just read a wiki or watch a youtube for portable ops.

Is it me or Dead space thats causing this problem? When i move the mouse it takes a second for the game to register ive moved and move the camera. Yet i don't have this problem on any other game.

It has real bad mouse smoothing. Look up how to disable it or disable the in-game v-sync and just use driver-side vsync instead. I *believe* that doing that will solve the issue but it's been a while since i messed around with that game. Plus, the DS games just hard-lock to 30 fps if you use in-game vsync anyhow so that shit is garbage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Do you have vsync/triple buffering enabled?

Dr Dogg

I call it now, steamgaf GOTY will be DoS and Banished will be in top 10, I hope Trails too, as it's my GOTY
(I totally will vote for it as my GOTY second time (><)

I'm sorry dude but my number one spot is already filled with Resident Evil 4 and I can't see that changing unless Resi 4 Super Hyper Climax HD Edition releases by the end of the year. Still got to get started on Original Sin but any year RE4 gets a rerelease I feel like I enjoy it even more.

Arthea

I'm sorry dude but my number one spot is already filled with Resident Evil 4 and I can't see that changing unless Resi 4 Super Hyper Climax HD Edition releases by the end of the year. Still got to get started on Original Sin but any year RE4 gets a rerelease I feel like I enjoy it even more.

Thank you for reminding me that I still haven't played it...
that was heavy sarcasm, if you are wondering

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes, Dead Space has some mouse-related problems.

Turn off v-sync in the game's options. If you see a lot of tearing after that, you need to force v-sync through your drivers or using D3DOverrider instead of the in-game option.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space#Vertical_sync_.28Vsync.29

Also, running the game above 60 fps tends to screw up the mouse control also.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space#Mouse_lag_and_random_sensitivity

B-but it's a remake!

Just hit me: this is going to be the first year Valve don't release a game since....I don't even know lol (2010?). Man, if only they'd make games again ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Let me save you some time and perhaps save your friend a broken psp...don't bother with Portable Ops. It's not very good and the story is terribad retcon-city garbage poopstain. Instead, play the superior and actually considered canon portable game in Peace Walker.

Really? Is it that bad? Isn't it worth just one playthrough?

And don't worry, I'll never think of breaking his PSP. I've never broken anything on purpose, although I won't deny I sometimes felt the urge to :p

what are you talking about? they released doto just a year ago!

They did. They've been releasing games on a yearly basis basically. That trend won't continue this year. That's what I meant.

But I know doto is not their game, and they didn't make GO yada yada :p

RS4-

Christ, ISP finally pulled through.

A month without goddamn internet lol. What have I missed? Looks like Super Time Force, and DR3. Anything else?

And I hope everyone's been doing well!

Was looking at some Steam review on it and some people have played it for 60 hours!?o_O Doesn't seem like a game like that at all.

you can beat the game in about 5 hours , the rest of the time probably went to speedrunning , unlocking all the achievements , etc

one of my favorite games this year

Shadownet

Banned
I just want to say I won't be on GAF anymore. Those of you who I am currently helping out with whatever. I will of course finish what I started, so do not worry.

Good bye.

Deques

The PC version was released a long time ago, this is just a remake (of the PC port).

Maybe my definition of remake is different than the rest of you.
Remake to me is a complete overhaul of a game where a new engine is made, new/different graphic, new features.
Port is just a port, mostly a direct port with no significant changes are made. Graphical enhancements can also be a part of a port.

Volimar

Shadownet, take a break to be sure, but I really hope you come back. The vast majority of us really like your contributions to the thread.

I'm guessing the argument over offering the services of his friend was the straw that broke the camel's back. Kind of sucks getting talked down to when you're just trying to help folks out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like Sekai Project is putting another visual novel on Steam. No store page yet though.

risingangels_portfolio.png

Natalie Puccile, an officer of the Katajion Directorship, listlessly monitors a listening post in deep space hoping for something greater to match her brilliance and skill. That chance of a lifetime arrives as she takes command of the KSS Nimross on a mission to locate a missing research team investigating an ancient civilization. Mysteries abound in what she and her crew find on their journey.

It's supposed to release on the twelfth of this month.

hmmm ... 2 new games in the coming soon section

Hype intensifies.

I call it now, steamgaf GOTY will be DoS and Banished will be in top 10, I hope Trails too, as it's my GOTY
(I totally will vote for it as my GOTY second time (><)

I really need to get back to the Steam version of Trails.

Besides it won't stand a chance against the real SteamGaf GOTY, Paca Plus.

It had Calling to the Night though, so it wasn't a completely awful game.

rickyson1

took me a couple weeks but finished the first witcher

before I move on to the second are any of those standalone adventures in the first one worth playing?

milena87

I just want to say I won't be on GAF anymore. Those of you who I am currently helping out with whatever. I will of course finish what I started, so do not worry.

Good bye.

Shadownet, take a break to be sure, but I really hope you come back. The vast majority of us really like your contributions to the thread.

Yes, please, Shadownet. What Volimar said.
Taking a break and distancing yourself for a while might be a good thing, but please consider coming back when you're comfortable again :)

Sharkiller

I'm guessing the argument over offering the services of his friend was the straw that broke the camel's back. Kind of sucks getting talked down to when you're just trying to help folks out.
Thats bad. I dont have much time to contribute but I always like to read his posts when i have time to read all the unread pages. Hope is that shit and come back quickly
and dont health related.
Only talked to him a few times but is a really cool guy. &#10084;

Mono

A boy, helpless to protect that which he cherished... A girl, hopeless in the face of a promise unkept... A man, desperate to escape his finite destiny... A child, forgetting what must not be forgotten... OVERDRIVE presents a brand new super hero epic!

That's the most anime thing I've read
all week
!

Maybe my definition of remake is different than the rest of you.
Remake to me is a complete overhaul of a game where a new engine is made, new/different graphic, new features.
Port is just a port, mostly a direct port with no significant changes are made. Graphical enhancements can also be a part of a port.
You could say Capcom ported it again, that still doesn't make it a new release.

Dr Dogg

Valve will make an announcement with a teaser along the lines of "Can lightning strike thrice?" And a 3 slowly fades on to the screen and boom Half-Life
2: Episode
3 is announced.

Thank you for reminding me that I still haven't played it...
that was heavy sarcasm, if you are wondering

Oh you! I'm surprised you aren't giving Trails some love. It did take over a lot of people's activity feeds on release day. Dark Souls II has to be making a late charge what with the new DLC wowing people it seems.

B-but it's a remake!

Well it's essentially the XBLA version, running at 60fps (a lot more work to get it to that than most games) and about 25-33% of the textures reworked so I'd call it a portmake! Plus remakes and ports are allowed if it's new to Steam so there :p

I felt the same about Rogue Legacy.

Hahaha I was waiting for the opposition. I get the feeling Watch_Dogs will get some digs if it ends up high despite enjoying it myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still eagerly awaiting the reactions after L4D3 will be official revealed. Will it be hype or bitterness, apathy?

I just hope it has some sort of SP campaign rather than the quasi-campaigns we got with the first two titles. Considering Far Cry 2's creative director was working on the game for quite some time, I'm choosing to be optimistic on that front.

Nabs

Christ, ISP finally pulled through.

A month without goddamn internet lol. What have I missed? Looks like Super Time Force, and DR3. Anything else?

And I hope everyone's been doing well!

Lethal League is the best game in a while and SteamGAF is ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom