• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Even with all this BS, people'll still buy nINTENdo's ish and turn a blind eye to such things. As an EU 3DS owner, I gotta suffer through this shit along with having to wait a year for Atlus games.
It's also ridiculous in reverse: EU could get a game 3+ months BEFORE US owners could get it.
Now come and look at Sony systems: REGION free, no restriction on content on the store, an a PS4 game that's cheaper than UK? Hop onto US PSN and oh look it's on sale for lie 75% less than what you'd normally find in the UK.

I get on th 3DS eShop and I find Code of Princess for like 18 Pounds...on sale.

What can we do about it? We let Nintendo know that it's a garbage practice daily, but it would be extremely difficult to ignore their consoles at this point. 3DS is an absolute powerhouse and the WiiU is about to be the most desirable current-gen console from my perspective.

Now, we can continue to cross our fingers that the pirates develop a way to get around the region lock. Then we can import games,at our leisure.

Chariot

I did everyone a favor and found the screenshot they would want most.
ss_3f5b5da81d609298e9d89e47125cc4a9b17984fa.600x338.jpg
You do everything to please USA GAF, eh? :/

Arthea

I did everyone a favor and found the screenshot they would want most.
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/321190/ss_3f5b5da81d609298e9d89e47125cc4a9b17984fa.600x338.jpg?t=1410162607[/IMG[/QUOTE]

no cards yet again... will they ever learn to sell their games on steam?

[quote="Deques, post: 128965892"]Another VN? I googled for more information about it. Found out that it is an eroge game[/QUOTE]

pay attention! this is all ages edition! we are not ready for eroge

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
hmmm ... 2 new games in the coming soon section

*This is the All Ages version. All explicit adult content has been removed; however, it does contain violence, coarse language, suggestive themes, and partial nudity.

Pffffft, get outta here with this. If Hatoful Boyfriend can stretch the limits of modern society and allow mankind to truly kindle the flames of passion with bird-kind
only to have BBL mode kick the door in
, then this shall not stand!

Kinda weird to see so many VNs now, both eastern and western developed.

Deques

pay attention! this is all ages edition! we are not ready for eroge

*This is the All Ages version. All explicit adult content has been removed; however, it does contain violence, coarse language, suggestive themes, and partial nudity.

We are ready for that part though

Chariot

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I mean that any genre of VNs can have eroge games in that genre. I never thought there were Ninja Eroge VNs. It's just funny is all :)
Ninja eroge isn't too weird, honestly. Look for "My girlfriend is the president" or the like
In the not so distant future, in an alternate universe version of Japan... a young man awakes to discover that the house of his childhood friend who lives next door has been changed into the White House. Why? Because she's the president, of course! The president of New Japan, appointed by an alien who crash-landed on earth and brainwashed humanity to this new world order of bishoujo leadership in which you come to take a vital spot in the new moe administration. Sound like a crazy bishoujo love comedy? That's because it is - one of the most madcap, romantic, erotic eroge tales ever told puts you in the position of trusted adviser trying to return the world to its original, pre-cute-alien-invasion state. How will you respond to this turn of events?!
I am sure, people who read more VNs than me, can pull out the really weird ones.

derExperte

Now when I respawned I did so back in the place y BUT without the previous objective marked as complete essentially forcing me to go back to place X. It's an obvious oversight but these things add up.

Same thing happened to me. It wasn't that big of a deal in itself but weird.

And I had to restart from a checkpoint yet again because now Bats was stuck in an animation loop in a cutscene. And before that a guard couldn't move out of a corner. I knew the game had problems, read about even more serious stuff during release but I didn't expect this, Origins is approaching Deadly Premontion-like levels of jank.

Kinda weird to see so many VNs now, both eastern and western developed.

Pretty sure the Japanese ones were always out there, but not on Steam and/or translated.
As for the western ones, gamers slowly started paving the way for VNs themselves: games like Dear Esther, Gone Home, and To the Moon all readied gamers for an all-story, no-gameplay experience such as a VN. And of course, Katawa Shoujo was there before them all, but that one was free.

Ninja eroge isn't too weird, honestly. Look for "My girlfriend is the president" or the like I am sure, people who read more VNs than me, can pull out the really weird ones.

I know of "My girlfriend is the president". I suppose I'm not too versed in the genre. I tend to pick them up on Steam but don't really seek them out outside of it. Always happy to see them come to Steam though :)

Teppic

wait... there are cards for 0.03? Where how when? I never have seen one at that price. Lowest I ever was able to buy a card was for 0.05€
When I say buy it means I have put in a buy order. There's no guarantee I will get all cards, at least not for a couple of months, and for most of them even longer. Some sure bets seems to be CS:GO, Garry's mod, Sniper Elite V2.

Chariot

Yes there are only eroges visual novels. Nothing else exits, and it's all a bunch of sick smut.
B-but...!

Pretty sure the Japanese ones were always out there, but not on Steam and/or translated.
As for the western ones, gamers slowly started paving the way for VNs themselves: games like Dear Esther, Gone Home, and To the Moon all readied gamers for an all-story, no-gameplay experience such as a VN. And of course, Katawa Shoujo was there before them all, but that one was free.
What was the first japanese or japanese looking Visual Novel on Steam? Was it Analogue?

I know of "My girlfriend is the president". I suppose I'm not too versed in the genre. I tend to pick them up on Steam but don't really seek them out outside of it. Always happy to see them come to Steam though :)
Yes, I'm really glad for all these. Even desmutted smut.

Knurek

What can we do about it? We let Nintendo know that it's a garbage practice daily, but it would be extremely difficult to ignore their consoles at this point. 3DS is an absolute powerhouse and the WiiU is about to be the most desirable current-gen console from my perspective.

Or you could, I don't know, boycott Nintendo and play one of the thousands of PC games you have in your library?
Sorry if this seems like a personal attack, but I just don't understand something here. You seem to punish Ubisoft for their Uplay client, yet embrace Nintendo's shitty consumer practices at the same time...

Sajjaja

Ha, i totally wrote that wrong. I meant to inquire whether playing Dead Space on low sufficiently mitigated the horror aspects to the point of being more playable for you (since you implied that being chased by things, like the regenerator in Dead Space, made it rough for you).

Never mind, i clearly need sleep.
Thing about dead space was that it was mostly jump scares and after the initial scare, most enemies become easy to deal with.Though that game certainly did have its moments. And no, I don't think the lower graphics hurt the experience for me :p Though I'd have to replay it in HD to say for sure.

Arthea

I call it now, steamgaf GOTY will be DoS and Banished will be in top 10, I hope Trails too, as it's my GOTY
(I totally will vote for it as my GOTY second time (><)

Grief.exe

Or you could, I don't know, boycott Nintendo and play one of the thousands of PC games you have in your library?
Sorry if this seems like a personal attack, but I just don't understand something here. You seem to punish Ubisoft for their Uplay client, yet embrace Nintendo's shitty consumer practices at the same time...

PC is an open platform, and I would like to keep it that way. Consoles, not so much.

Though I do see somewhat of a double standard there.

I call it now, steamgaf GOTY will be DoS and Banished will be in top 10, I hope Trails too, as it's my GOTY

SteamGAF? Nah, last year Bioshock Infinite was barely pushed out of first place.

Needless to say, I have little faith.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF? Nah, last year Bioshock Infinite was barely pushed out of first place.

Needless to say, I have little faith.

By Rogue Legacy nevertheless! Credit where credit's due!

Monooboe

Anyone have a tip one a game that goes for around 6-8 keys? I have most of the bigger and known games. Are there any hidden gems out there?

Tizoc

Grab it! Superb game, it would even worth it's full price. You will have fun and agony. Fun while playing and agony when Ubisoft teases the sequel yet again."All Ages Version"? That means, there is an uncensored version that is so smutty that you can't have it uncensored on Steam? Oh my~

Here's hoping for an HB ver. that nets you the Steam+smutty ver. or something like that.

Now, we can continue to cross our fingers that the pirates develop a way to get around the region lock. Then we can import games,at our leisure.

I'd rather it be official than use custom firmware personally

milena87

Original Sin deserves it, but I somehow doubt that it will come first. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong ;)

And now I'm reminded that I have yet to properly play Banished after buying it at launch :/

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Incredible. It launched sept. 12 2003. I joined a month after (oct 13 2003.) So old!

Yep

I remember using the Steam beta and the backlash surrounding the end of WON and how bad CS 1.6 was and how Steam would backfire on Valve etc.

To be fair, Steam was certainly...interesting back then. I still miss Chess though.

My account will turn 11 years old on the 12th, along with Steam itself. One of the first 10,000 users and still just about going here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So more card idling if you have any left?

I still have ~$34 in drops to use up, but MAGIX has been discounting its 2014 stuff by 50% over the past couple of months, so I'll just wait until history repeats itself and in doing so save a further 10% per title.

Original Sin deserves it, but I somehow doubt that it will come first. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong ;)

And now I'm reminded that I have yet to properly play Banished after buying it at launch :/
In steamgaf GOTY list? Most likely! Overall gaf GOTY? Nope! No enough PC gamers to go against console exclusive votes.

So my Sunday was filled with bleaching the back patio, killing brown widows (yes brown, didn't know of their existence until this weekend), and painting the patio ceiling. I'll get around to playing games one day!

Hope everybody had a great weekend, good morning gaf!

Arthea

Incredible. It launched sept. 12 2003. I joined a month after (oct 13 2003.) So old!
I waited almost 10 years to join, well, somewhat less than 10, but that just shows how stubborn I am. Steam kinda opened floodgates, though, now I have and origin and uplay, and registered to Kalypso, etc.
It only will get worse, won't it? (><)

Knurek

I just wish we could vote for games we played in 2014, not for games that were released in 2014. I don't think I've finished a lot of new ones this year. :\
MRORANGE's 52 games thread should give an easy way to verify if voter actually played the game he voted on.

PC is an open platform, and I would like to keep it that way. Consoles, not so much.
Though I do see somewhat of a double standard there.

To be fair, NDS was an open platform for most of its life. :) And still made oodles of cash for Nintendo!
The fact that one could play Fate//STAY NIGHT and best Lemmings port on it was they only reason I bought the hardware.
Don't plan on buying 3DS anytime soon if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom