• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDirk

Stay Shadownet. The world is not fair if a know-nothing, barely competent Steam baby like me can stay in these choppy waters but a goddamn sea stallion like yourself is cast out. Take a break, and obamabrushthatdirtoffyourshoulder.gif

Milamber

I just want to say I won't be on GAF anymore. Those of you who I am currently helping out with whatever. I will of course finish what I started, so do not worry.

Good bye.

You will be missed. Sucks, but if you really have to, we can't stop you. Good luck out there.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah, just take a break dude and then maybe think about coming back. And I'm not just saying that cause of cheap games, you seem like a good person. Good people are always needed on the internet.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I just hope it has some sort of SP campaign rather than the quasi-campaigns we got with the first two titles. Considering Far Cry 2's creative director was working on the game for quite some time, I'm choosing to be optimistic on that front.

oh Jase ... you're always optimistic about everything ;)

Christ, ISP finally pulled through.

A month without goddamn internet lol. What have I missed? Looks like Super Time Force, and DR3. Anything else?

And I hope everyone's been doing well!

Source 2 got stealth launched and was forgotten with that same stroke :lol

REmake HD got announced too.

I just hope it has some sort of SP campaign rather than the quasi-campaigns we got with the first two titles. Considering Far Cry 2's creative director was working on the game for quite some time, I'm choosing to be optimistic on that front.

Yeah, I think they need to shake it up a bit. Not sure a prettier L4D will cut it (unless they come up with a good service for it....). I was hopeful Hocking was working on it, but he left and Church seems to be into VR now, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Unless the two finished their portion on the game...

Mokoi

Banned
So it looks like Sekai Project is putting another visual novel on Steam. No store page yet though.

risingangels_portfolio.png

It's supposed to release on the twelfth of this month.

Hmm, looks like generic animu shit just like that fighting game coming out. Will buy and thanks for the heads up.

Lethal League is the best game in a while and SteamGAF is ignoring it.

I am incapable to do my on research on a game, and need someone to sell me on it.

Nahh, I know how to look shit up. Game looks fun, and shall be getting it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Knights & Merchants, of all things, now has a beta update branch. The only possible reasons that come to mind are:

- TopWare is implementing its Reality Pump DRM (highly unlikely but stranger things have happened), or
- KaM Remake is officially being incorporated into the game

oh Jase ... you're always optimistic about everything ;)

It works out... sometimes. ;)

Arthea

Oh you! I'm surprised you aren't giving Trails some love. It did take over a lot of people's activity feeds on release day. Dark Souls II has to be making a late charge what with the new DLC wowing people it seems.

Hahaha I was waiting for the opposition. I get the feeling Watch_Dogs will get some digs if it ends up high despite enjoying it myself.

You kidding, right? I'm playing Trails entirely too much lately, I thought you all would be already tired by seeing screenshots pop up in your activity feed all the time.

Also I've read your impressions on Road Not Taken (I think I took you for der Experte for some reason before). I'm not sure what to think about roguelike aspect to it, I kinda got burned on concept, lately I don't like any roguelike I try, including steamgaf GOTY of 2013. :\

Also I probably need to readd Watch Doggies to my wishlist, if there is a chance I'll like it, and I like concept.

Knights & Merchants, of all things, now has a beta update branch. The only possible reasons that come to mind are:
- TopWare is implementing its Reality Pump DRM (highly unlikely but stranger things have happened), or
- KaM Remake is officially being incorporated into the game

It works out... sometimes. ;)

Reality Pump DRM? the hell is that?

like when?

Dr Dogg

You kidding, right? I'm playing Trails entirely too much lately, I thought you all would be already tired by seeing screenshots pop up in your activity feed all the time.

Also I've read your impressions on Road Not Taken (I think I took you for der Experte for some reason before). I'm not sure what to think about roguelike aspect to it, I kinda got burned on concept, lately I don't like any roguelike I try, including steamgaf GOTY of 2013. :\

Also I probably need to readd Watch Doggies to my wishlist, if there is a chance I'll like it, and I like concept.

Hahaha nah all I'm saying is you got to manipulate the situation dude, put some suggestive psychology out there by saying "Trails is SteamGAF GOTY #1 for sure oh and some other games".

I usually flick through peeps screenshots and give me the thumbs up and what not but I've been a bit slack recently and there's a lot to catch up on there so haven't really been paying attention for a bit. I've seen you post a few in here, and by a few I mean 5 a day!

Road Not Taken is alright, it's bastard hard mind and I've got lost in a tide of new acquisitions so have popped it to the side for now. It's been getting quite regular update form the folks at Spry Fox and they have been tweaking the gameplay in some beta releases too. Though I think the Rougelike-like crazy of 2013 really over saturated the market but there's only a few concepts in Road Not Taken like procedural levels and perma-death other than that it's a puzzle game with basic RPG elements.

Watch_Dogs to me is Splinter Cell x Far Cry so if you dig those 2 games you might get something out of it. It's got a bit of a lull in the story come the midpoint but it's a tad shorter than the usual Ubisoft grind-em-up and can but finish in 12-15 hours, maybe 10 of you just focused on the main plot.

Jawmuncher

I hate Portable Ops so much that I am never bothering with it when I do my yearly franchise play through. Even MGS4 still gets played on that. Calling to the night truly was it's only saving grace.

Seanspeed

Banned
I just want to say I won't be on GAF anymore. Those of you who I am currently helping out with whatever. I will of course finish what I started, so do not worry.

Good bye.
Well geez man, its a bit hard not to worry after you advertise being a middleman for selling games, take money and then say you're leaving all on the same day..... :/

I'm almost definitely expecting to be ripped off now.

milena87

took me a couple weeks but finished the first witcher

before I move on to the second are any of those standalone adventures in the first one worth playing?

They're interesting, but not vital. I played them a while ago and I don't remember them much. They're not connected to TW2, though.

If you're interested in the world of The Witcher I'd recommend reading at least the first two books instead of playing these adventures.
The first two books are short stories (some connected to each other). They introduce some of the characters that we see in the videogame.

Then, if you like the style, you can continue and read the rest as well. They'll properly prepare you for The Witcher 3 and the glorious return of Yennefer and Ciri :p

Tizoc

Decided to tweet the Gunvolt people in the hopes of a Steam release for Gunvolt
https://twitter.com/GunvoltOfficial

There are various games that have a small resolution that got released on Steam, Gunhound EX, Shantae, etc. so I'm hoping the resolution thing won't be an issue, but even then it would be great if they put in the effort for the resoluion to work and look good on PCs.

I certainly enjoy and appreciate all the Trails screenshots (and funny captions) that you and Zkylon upload.

I should probably play it more myself, but it made such a positive initial impression on me that I'm actually afraid to start it up again in case things go downhill from here on and ruin that impression. Especially since I get the feeling from comments he made that Zkylon at least found the game was meandering on without enough of any real significance happening. Did you find that too?

aku:jiki

I need to start a new game, haven't touched anything since finishing Steamworld Dig... Do I want to play Oath in Felghana? I do but I'm too lazy to launch it, someone convince me please!

Well geez man, its a bit hard not to worry after you advertise being a middleman for selling games, take money and then say you're leaving all on the same day..... :/

I'm almost definitely expecting to be ripped off now.
Don't worry, this is about his 25th "drama quit" in this thread. His life is a telenovela.

Sendou

I need to start a new game, haven't touched anything since finishing Steamworld Dig... Do I want to play Oath in Felghana? I do but I'm too lazy to launch it, someone convince me please!

It's a good game that gets interesting to play fast (important to note here: most RPG's from Japan never do).

I'm not ignoring it. But it's a multiplayer game and therefore I'd be terrible at it, so I suppose "avoiding it" is a better term.

Yup, same here. It looks amazing, but I'd only play it casually so I bet I'd be crushed if I dared to play online :(

Also, I was going to buy a 4 pack from Shadownet, but sice it seems he's gone I guess I'll just wait for a Humble Bundle... I guess it was a signal, lol

Shadownet pls don't leave, I mostly lurk but I think you're a good poster, and I'm not saying this just because you could have sold me some cheap games

Deques

Yup, same here. It looks amazing, but I'd only play it casually so I bet I'd be crushed if I dared to play online :(

Also, I was going to buy a 4 pack from Shadownet, but sice it seems he's gone I guess I'll just wait for a Humble Bundle... I guess it was a signal, lol

Shadownet pls don't leave, I mostly lurk but I think you're a good poster, and I'm not saying this just because you could have sold me some cheap games

If you have him on Steam you might still be able to get 4-pack from him

aku:jiki

It's a good game that gets interesting to play fast (important to note here: most RPG's from Japan never do).
So it does not start with the mandatory JRPG "first town" where you have to spend an hour learning about some husband who got lost in the mines and some kid who lost their kite before you can actually get started on the adventure?

This is enticing news indeed.

Sendou

So it does not start with the mandatory JRPG "first town" where you have to spend an hour learning about some husband who got lost in the mines and some kid who lost their kite before you can actually get started on the adventure?

No, it actually starts kicking your ass pretty fast. Main thing about the game is combat which is fast, fun and from time to time very challenging. Make no mistake it still features the usual JRPG cliches but I think the feel of the game made it for me. Definitely a personal favorite of mine.

Hugstable

Banned

LOL about that...

Maybe not an hour, but you were so close on the mark to what actually happens for that first dungeon wtf lol. Also the game is incredibly badass, and once you get over the initial 30 minute hump and the action starts it doesn't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom