• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

LOL about that...

Maybe not an hour, but you were so close on the mark to what actually happens for that first dungeon wtf lol. Also the game is incredibly badass, and once you get over the initial 30 minute hump and the action starts it doesn't stop.

Just watched some let's play to jog my memory and it does seem to have that as well. Oh well the rest of the game more than makes up for it.

I finished The Witcher 2, after a few false starts a few years ago and starting over. I will add that reading The Last Wish (the only one of the first two introductory books translated in English so far) adds a nice little element, picking up on things that were tossed in. It's by no means mandatory, though.

All of the positive things have been said before. Don't expect a dialog choice with a blue option, a neutral white option and a red option, all with very clear motives. The game really pushes (borrowed from a short story) the idea of the "lesser of two evils." The player makes that final choice constantly.

I had other games on deck for the next in my backlog, but right now I need some flashy pulp. Going to give Blood Dragon a whirl, in that vein.

Lol, I was just looking up on how DR3 turned out.

Sounds like typical Capcom trash.

The game is actually really good when it works. And Capcom games are usually pretty decent ports from my experience. DR2 and OTR, Lost Planet 3 and RE4:UHD were all solid.

I just want to say I won't be on GAF anymore. Those of you who I am currently helping out with whatever. I will of course finish what I started, so do not worry.

Good bye.

I don't want to come off like a jack wagon here, but expecting everyone to agree with everything you say on the internet is kind of an unrealistic goal. SteamGAF is better than most, but that doesn't mean it's always rainbows and sunshine.

Thick skin is needed when posting on the internet.

Still no DR3 patch. The sad thing is Capcom is researching what causes the bug :S

maybe one of these days I'll see what the splash screen looks like....

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah I thought Capcom put out good ports. Dmc4 runs great on my pc, and that was handled by capcom I believe.

That was mostly because of the MT Framework engine they had. You shoulda seen amazing classic ports that Capcpom used to do like Devil May Cry 3 and Resident Evil 4. Those were the best ports ever!!!! /s

Just watched some let's play to jog my memory and it does seem to have that as well. Oh well the rest of the game more than makes up for it.

It's pretty much just an excuse to start the first dungeon though, and the extent of him being lost is "oh this dude's lost, help plz" and then you just go in and start killing monsters to the most badass music ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sgnFikzIFI

Uzzy

Sigh a semi-mmo that's not on PCs. What has gaming come to? Why are developer's so scared to port their games to PC? I wanted it so bad :(.

In Bungie's case, the last game they themselves brought to PC was Myth II, back in 1998. (Halo 1/2 were ported by other developers)

I'm sure it'll come eventually to PC, but I can see that there might be a lack of experience in developing games for PC at Bungie, which might account for the delay.

Weren't we speculating the same thing about halo: master chief collection? Any word on that?

Microsoft don't care about PC gaming, so don't hold your breath.

Lain

Well geez man, its a bit hard not to worry after you advertise being a middleman for selling games, take money and then say you're leaving all on the same day..... :/

I'm almost definitely expecting to be ripped off now.

I don't want to speak for him, but in the same breath he said he was leaving, he said he would finish what he started.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Weren't we speculating the same thing about halo: master chief collection? Any word on that?

nope ... pretty much the same thing - when the console version sales drop considerably - they'll probably announce the PC version

That was mostly because of the MT Framework engine they had. You shoulda seen amazing classic ports that Capcpom used to do like Devil May Cry 3 and Resident Evil 4. Those were the best ports ever!!!! /s

Capcom can only do extremely good or extremely bad. There's no middle ground.

Microsoft will probably push Halo as the big Xbox One thing in 2015 so I doubt we'll see it. If the One wasn't competing so heavily we might have seen a port.

AkuMifune

Banned
So is that new Sherlock game launching this month or...

Been looking forward to it for awhile and need to pre-order something before I waste the money on something stupid. Like food.

Parsnip

I hope Panta Rhei will be closer to MT Framework than any of their previous efforts.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
In Bungie's case, the last game they themselves brought to PC was Myth II, back in 1998. (Halo 1/2 were ported by other developers)

I'm sure it'll come eventually to PC, but I can see that there might be a lack of experience in developing games for PC at Bungie, which might account for the delay.

well ... seeing as the initial release of Myth II (or was that the first Myth?) was deleting some crucial system files when you tried to uninstall it - I'm not really sure I trust Bungie to do the PC port ;)

Dr Dogg

Bungie will return to their home eventually. The platform that gave them their big break in the big wide world. Destiny to the Mac in 2015!

Saying that I've still got copies of Marathon 1 and 2 kicking around but due to being an arse don't have the sexy boxes for them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

MS won't comment on a PC port of the MCC until after it hits the X1, but it's been "mistakenly" listed on Amazon UK and Amazon ES already, which followed reports from E3 that H2A displayed kb&m controls upon the X1 controller turning itself off.

but RDR is still coming ;) just ask Jase :p

With Wheelman being unlikely, RDR PC is going to be my big "I told you so!" moment. ;)

Kacho

Enjoy.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PhoReal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream -- MB-690562DCA306A2AB - Taken by KingDirk
System Shock 2 -- MB-C3C8641AD378AF91 - Taken by Perun

The_Monk

Finished El Cid Campaign in Age of Empires II HD, this man had a lot to re-built and it sure wasn't easy to find a place he would call "home". Still plenty more to do with the other Campaigns, great to have a game with such meaty content as well giving me such warm felling regarding nostalgia.

Best investment in recent times regarding Steam no doubt. Will get Age of Mythology HD too, later on. Already got 40 hours out of this game and I know many more will come, it's very relaxing and a time sink but in a good way. :)

Jadax

I checked but it seems there's nothing new :S

Also yes, I have almost 9 hour on DR2, two were used to farm cards, two are real, in which I TRIED to play the game, making the same sequence a LOT.
Other four hours were used to try to run the game with no luck :D

I actually didn't have any problems with DR2, not sure why you're struggling to run it. Also, I didn't know it had cards?

zkylon

zkylewd
I certainly enjoy and appreciate all the Trails screenshots (and funny captions) that you and Zkylon upload.

I should probably play it more myself, but it made such a positive initial impression on me that I'm actually afraid to start it up again in case things go downhill from here on and ruin that impression. Especially since I get the feeling from comments he made that Zkylon at least found the game was meandering on without enough of any real significance happening. Did you find that too?
it has a slow middle act for sure, with chapters 1 and 2 being pretty much filler just throwing droves of characters at you. it does pay off later seeing them all again but i really lost interest at like chapter 2 and had to play it in short sittings for a while until i got through it. and it's not like boring or anything but nothing really happens and nothing bigger than the random sidequests and like doing average bracerwork is even hinted at so they really lost me there. i don't mind slow build ups but i want mystery, i want to feel that shit's gonna go down eventually, not just some random scenes of come the fuck on estelle throw yourself into his bed already -_-

won't really get much more into it cos i'm about finishing it but it does get better in chapters 3 and 4, with like conspiracies and plot twists and evil orbments and shit and that's all i'm asking

Grief.exe

Still no DR3 patch. The sad thing is Capcom is researching what causes the bug :S

The issues with Dead Rising 3 date back to the XBO version. I would be inclined to believe that Capcom won't be willing to invest the required development time to fix the game entirely.

Sigh a semi-mmo that's not on PCs. What has gaming come to? Why are developer's so scared to port their games to PC? I wanted it so bad :(.

It will happen, stay patient.

I was vac banned in tf2 for scripting my pistol to unload like a madman back before it was f2p. I'll never modify anything ever again :(

That vac ban in my profile is a bit embarassing

xBladeM6x

I was vac banned in tf2 for scripting my pistol to unload like a madman back before it was f2p. I'll never modify anything ever again :(

That vac ban in my profile is a bit embarassing

Aren't you able to appeal VAC bans? Or are you saying that you were unbanned, but there's a permanent mark in your file?

Seanspeed

Banned
In fairness, I don't think Shadow has ever said or done anything here to give any impression that he's likely to 'rip off' anyone - quite to the contrary, I think?
I didn't think so, but it seemed like an awfully sketchy sequence of events to me. If somebody somewhat trusted were to want to make a break from GAF and make a bunch of money at the same time, that would be an awfully good way of doing.

I don't want to speak for him, but in the same breath he said he was leaving, he said he would finish what he started.
I saw that, but those are just words.

Anyways, hoping that its as he says, and if so, then I hope you cheer up Shadownet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom