• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Fall -- MB-54D183FBCF670D69 - Taken by adriano999. 14 entrants total.
8BitBoy -- MB-7D57DCFA14A06DC1 - Taken by Aitor. 7 entrants total.
Orbital Gear -- MB-1CB742B62CAA0F14 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-B23DD106A598E418 - Taken by 19Kilo. 10 entrants total.
Continue?9876543210 -- MB-147B5B0838B82EB3 - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-C1513159FBB2D577 - Taken by spindoctor. 14 entrants total.
Lifless Planet -- MB-58DD4EF5B84BD4B9 - Taken by freshVeggie. 16 entrants total.

t1410199416z1.png

Chariot

Oh man, I made a big mistake by first doing all the side stuff in Saint's Row IV. I have literally 99% of the city, unlocked every upgrade and ability I wanted to have , level 50 long ago and immense amounts of money. Now the only thing's left is to play the story - but I kind of demotivated now, that my Boss won't get any better or that I can't conquer much more It feels like I already won and every other mission I do now feels tedious, despite the great humor of the game.

GMG has a MAC sale, but you can buy Bioshock Infinite pass for 6€.
There's also a Sega deal, nothing special.

That's not a bad price for the season pass. I'm still holding out on a complete infinite bundle for $10 or less before the year is out. Also waiting for a good deal on Xcom, SRIV, and Civ V complete.

C'mon, 2K, stop overvaluing your IP!

Lomax

Oh man, I made a big mistake by first doing all the side stuff in Saint's Row IV. I have literally 99% of the city, unlocked every upgrade and ability I wanted to have , level 50 long ago and immense amounts of money. Now the only thing's left is to play the story - but I kind of demotivated now, that my Boss won't get any better or that I can't conquer much more It feels like I already won and every other mission I do now feels tedious, despite the great humor of the game.

The nature of the story missions is that they integrate many times with the side missions, so you'll see that you'll start one and it will skip to the final stage many times. This is good and bad, you don't repeat content, but you lose out on a lot of the banter you would have experienced during those missions. But if you've done 99% of the map already, I doubt it will take you more than an hour or two to finish everything in the story missions and a few of them are pretty entertaining and a lot different from the rest of the game.

Jeez really slept in today(already 11:30am here). What's going on GAF? I'm gonna try to get some episodes done in the walking dead... That's if xenoblade or pikmin 3 don't call for me)

Edit:my bad, I don't know why that quote was part of my post, guess I pressed the multi quote button by accident

Enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eschalon: Book I -- MB-677CD2AEBA0C0687 - Taken by DocSeuss

Anteater

how much was metal gear solid ground zeroes on the ps4 when it first launched, 30 bucks?

I kind of want to play it, for some reason it feels like a long while since I've played a big japanese title.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
how much was metal gear solid ground zeroes on the ps4 when it first launched, 30 bucks?

I kind of want to play it, for some reason it feels like a long while since I've played a big japanese title.

wasn't it $40 or $50? I'm pretty sure it was more than $30

I'm still having a lot of fun playing DR3. I'm in chapter 3 and have reached level 15. I really enjoy wandering around the open world and finding/discovering things. Finding blueprints for combo weapons and vehicles has been my favorite thing so far. There are so many zombies on screen it's crazy to see. Oddly enough, I have not had any performance issues with the game thus far. I'm playing at 1080p with settings on high. I did not unlock the frame rate, I do do have vsync enabled, and I haven't noticed any frame rate issues so far. I wish everyone had the same smooth experience I've had thus far. Oh yeah, getting sick (bad cold) on the weekend sucks.

I need to start a new game, haven't touched anything since finishing Steamworld Dig... Do I want to play Oath in Felghana? I do but I'm too lazy to launch it, someone convince me please!

Don't worry, this is about his 25th "drama quit" in this thread. His life is a telenovela.

if you are going to play oath in felghana remember to install the voice patch

Tizoc

...aaaaaaaaaand it crashed again :V
Guess I'll be playing on the lowest settings if the high ones bork my lappy this way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-2448009D3D814570 - Taken by Annubis
Eschalon Book I + Book II -- MB-8F766BEEE597E6A7 - Taken by Sub Zero
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-916A2B68038B5A96 - Taken by redlacs

RDR Remastered for PS4/XBONE, followed by a reveal for Steam/PC a few months later. That wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.

I doubt the PC release would be held back, although having said that we still don't have an actual release date for GTAV Redux.

Amzin

This is as good as bought. I'm glad it's the all ages version. If my wife caught me playing this during one of those segments in the game, it would be divorce time.

I'm a little scared to google it at work, what's the difference in the all ages version? I'm a huge fan of Watanabe typically and had no idea he worked on a VN. Don't normally play those but would make an exception!

Jawmuncher

Yeah i remember there were some backlash with the pricing.

So I guess the steam release will probably be around 20bucks

15 to 20 bucks is the perfect price for it.
There more than just the main mission and messing around with routes and how to sneak through them is a lot of fun. Even if you just play straight through all the missions that range is still worth it.

I see them selling GZ during a sale again.
Not even as a preorder but as a launch price of 20 but coinciding with the sale to push numbers. Since that worked well with MGR.

Jawmuncher

That VN is 45 dollars on mangagamer.com (NSFW Link)
Prepare for that. Since Go Go Nippon was the same price on steam as it was on their store 9.99.

I'm a little scared to google it at work, what's the difference in the all ages version? I'm a huge fan of Watanabe typically and had no idea he worked on a VN. Don't normally play those but would make an exception!

The all-ages version will be the entire game, minus the aforementioned sexual encounters that were present in the original visual novel. The game was originally published in English in 2012.

hitoshi

Great RPGs.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eschalon Book 1 -- MB-B994E98D0AFFC4B3 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Eschalon Book 2 -- MB-614D024BB83F5FAB - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.

t1410203496z1.png

yuraya

15 to 20 bucks is the perfect price for it.
There more than just the main mission and messing around with routes and how to sneak through them is a lot of fun. Even if you just play straight through all the missions that range is still worth it.

I see them selling GZ during a sale again.
Not even as a preorder but as a launch price of 20 but coinciding with the sale to push numbers. Since that worked well with MGR.

I think there is a good chance of Konami just releasing it bundled with The Phantom Pain. Wouldn't be surprised if they do. PP is bound to include the prologue anyways whenever it releases.

Jawmuncher

I think there is a good chance of Konami just releasing it bundled with The Phantom Pain. Wouldn't be surprised if they do. PP is bound to include the prologue anyways whenever it releases.

I could see them offering it later on as some sort of incentive for those who still haven't bought it yet. But they would be dumb to not try and get a few more purchases as a standalone on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom