• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Seeing that Assassins Creed: The American Saga is coming to PC, will Ubisoft remove the individual Black Flag and Liberation from the Steam store?

rtcn63

Yeah, it'll probably be like the recent CoD bundle, except it'll just be Assassin's Creed 3 repeated five times, and odds are know one playing will notice.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Gold Rush Classic got cards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh, behave.

Is it weird that it feels good?

Arkham Knight is confirmed for June 2nd guys :D

That's a Watch Dogs-level delay. The game was originally scheduled for "late 2014".

Edit:
Seeing that Assassins Creed: The American Saga is coming to PC, will Ubisoft remove the individual Black Flag and Liberation from the Steam store?

It probably won't come to Steam. The Far Cry collection didn't. To answer your question nonetheless, it'd likely just be a new sub rather than a new game app (see: Anno 2070 Complete).

EVERYONE BUY IT!

Being scared isn't fun for me. So much so that I didn't even get on a roller coaster until I was in my 20s. Bioshock is probably as scary as I can handle. I didn't even enjoy the jumpscares in the Walking Dead Season One.

So yeah, definitely passing on Five Nights at Freddy's.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Metal Slug X just appeared in the registry. It releases in a about 3.5 weeks (October 1st/2nd, depending on your time zone) and is 25% off ($5.99/141.75 RUB) until then.

Annubis

Being scared isn't fun for me. So much so that I didn't even get on a roller coaster until I was in my 20s. Bioshock is probably as scary as I can handle. I didn't even enjoy the jumpscares in the Walking Dead Season One.

So yeah, definitely passing on Five Nights at Freddy's.

That's my biggest issue with a lot of the recent horror games.
It's all jump scare which feels cheap.
Doesn't help that the volume of said jump scare is always way too fucking high (i.e. avoid headset)

derExperte

Oh man, I made a big mistake by first doing all the side stuff in Saint's Row IV. I have literally 99% of the city, unlocked every upgrade and ability I wanted to have , level 50 long ago and immense amounts of money. Now the only thing's left is to play the story - but I kind of demotivated now, that my Boss won't get any better or that I can't conquer much more It feels like I already won and every other mission I do now feels tedious, despite the great humor of the game.

Seeing that the side missions for characters are all about doing the available side content I avoided doing that randomly and just did everything for every new team mate when he/she/it became available and then moved to the next story mission. Still hit 50 a good while before the end but I think that was the most reasonable approach and I play most open world games like this. A few sidemissions, then the story, then the rest.

That's my biggest issue with a lot of the recent horror games.
It's all jump scare which feels cheap.
Doesn't help that the volume of said jump scare is always way too fucking high (i.e. avoid headset)

Heck, even Mortal Kombat pulled that shit. It got to the point that I didn't want to unlock things anymore.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Star Wars: KOTOR at GMG for $2.49, and probably the Jedi Knight games too. I was checking isthereanydeal for KOTOR 2, and was wondering if there a reason why KOTOR 2 isn't on sale more often, and outside of Steam?

Deques

Metal Slug X is just Metal Slug 2 isn't it?

Yup

With these improvements

• Much of the music has been remixed or altered.
  • Many stages have the time of day changed. Instead of individual levels being set at either day or night, the stages can take place at dusk, twilight, or sunset.
  • It is now possible for the player character to become fat by collecting food items in every stage after Mission 2; in the original game, the obese transformation was only possible in Mission 4.
  • All levels contain an increased enemy count and new enemy placements, as well as different enemy characters, and new boss placements.
  • Vehicle types and locations are different.
  • There are more power-ups, POWs, and items (particularly food) in each mission. These items are often hidden.
  • Many environmental elements have different reactions when shot, such as exploding with unexpected results or randomly spewing out items or enemies.
  • Stronger versions like the heavy machine gun, flameshot, shotgun, laser rifle, and rocket launcher are available. Each deals more damage than their normal counterpart, has a different appearance and a wider (or longer) area of impact. If the player happens to be fat while using these heavier weapons, they appear differently and can cause even more damage.
  • Several new weapons are included: Stones, Iron Lizard, Enemy Chaser, Super Grenade, Drop Shot, and a new Golden Metal Slug, which is available in Mission 3.
  • The original art for Metal Slug is shown at the end of the game while the credits are rolling, instead of the black screen used in Metal Slug 2.

Miguel81

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Star Wars: KOTOR at GMG for $2.49, and probably the Jedi Knightt games too. I was checking isthereanydeal for KOTOR 2, and was wondering if there a reason why KOTOR 2 isn't on sale more often, and outside of Steam?

Isn't that just the Mac version? Or is that the one you want?

They are SteamPlay so it should work on PC too.

Ok, I was unaware of that. Maybe I'll take advantage of this deal at that price, too.

Jawmuncher

Yup

With these improvements

• Much of the music has been remixed or altered.
  • Many stages have the time of day changed. Instead of individual levels being set at either day or night, the stages can take place at dusk, twilight, or sunset.
  • It is now possible for the player character to become fat by collecting food items in every stage after Mission 2; in the original game, the obese transformation was only possible in Mission 4.
  • All levels contain an increased enemy count and new enemy placements, as well as different enemy characters, and new boss placements.
  • Vehicle types and locations are different.
  • There are more power-ups, POWs, and items (particularly food) in each mission. These items are often hidden.
  • Many environmental elements have different reactions when shot, such as exploding with unexpected results or randomly spewing out items or enemies.
  • Stronger versions like the heavy machine gun, flameshot, shotgun, laser rifle, and rocket launcher are available. Each deals more damage than their normal counterpart, has a different appearance and a wider (or longer) area of impact. If the player happens to be fat while using these heavier weapons, they appear differently and can cause even more damage.
  • Several new weapons are included: Stones, Iron Lizard, Enemy Chaser, Super Grenade, Drop Shot, and a new Golden Metal Slug, which is available in Mission 3.
  • The original art for Metal Slug is shown at the end of the game while the credits are rolling, instead of the black screen used in Metal Slug 2.

It's 2 with a heap of bugfixes and some new stuff.

The framerate on MS2 was all kinds of fucked up.

Nice.
Metal Slug 2 is my all time favorite and I have never beaten the X iteration.
Remember I would play it every time I went to the bowling alley.

Shadownet

Banned
please don't go

Many people have talked to me about this. I won't be leaving, but I'll be sure to put some people on ignore. All I was trying to do is help out the community. If people have a problem with it then can PM me quietly. Not make a scene. I'm here to help and talk about games, and enjoy a good time. I and other people who are just trying to help like Sub should not be driven away by some people who are only out to hurt others emotionally. That is all.
---------------
About Divinity OS. can you import your single player campaign character into multiplayer campaign? or do you have to start over? Is it possible to switch back and forth? It would sucks if you have a high level character but you can't use it when a friend want to play online.

I know in Saints Row 4. a buddy can just jump into your campaign so there is no need to create a new character.

So Runers recently released and I haven't seen anything on GAF about it. I took the plunge and its actually pretty good. Its a rouge-like with a huge variety of spells to craft. The environments, enemies and exporation are basic, but the fun and variety mostly comes out of the spell creating system which is deep, not just the same spell with different coloured particle effects.

I recommend it.

Lomax

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Star Wars: KOTOR at GMG for $2.49, and probably the Jedi Knight games too. I was checking isthereanydeal for KOTOR 2, and was wondering if there a reason why KOTOR 2 isn't on sale more often, and outside of Steam?

Disney.

Chariot

Tried playing L.A. Noire for a change, but I think that's not my game. My first real interview went horribly, because my thoughts deviate from what the game want to hear. Why isn't his registered gun not an valid evidence? He doesn't even try to make something up, he straight-up says it's bullshit and the interview ends? Its like a even more punishing Phoenix Wright and I just don't know what the game wants to hear from me. :/ Also I hate driving. Is there a purpose for this open world?

The nature of the story missions is that they integrate many times with the side missions, so you'll see that you'll start one and it will skip to the final stage many times. This is good and bad, you don't repeat content, but you lose out on a lot of the banter you would have experienced during those missions. But if you've done 99% of the map already, I doubt it will take you more than an hour or two to finish everything in the story missions and a few of them are pretty entertaining and a lot different from the rest of the game.
Yeah, but I lost my motivation. I had fun conquering the city and shaping the Boss the way I wanted her to be. It feels like I already have won, since I took over the city. I just love conquering things :(

Seeing that the side missions for characters are all about doing the available side content I avoided doing that randomly and just did everything for every new team mate when he/she/it became available and then moved to the next story mission. Still hit 50 a good while before the end but I think that was the most reasonable approach and I play most open world games like this. A few sidemissions, then the story, then the rest.
I love doing everything I can before progressing - aside from busywork like collecting stuff. Saint's Row should've let the programm putting up some kind of resistance like incursions into your area you have to defend.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Fall -- MB-54D183FBCF670D69 - Taken by adriano999. 14 entrants total.
8BitBoy -- MB-7D57DCFA14A06DC1 - Taken by Aitor. 7 entrants total.
Orbital Gear -- MB-1CB742B62CAA0F14 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-B23DD106A598E418 - Taken by 19Kilo. 10 entrants total.
Continue?9876543210 -- MB-147B5B0838B82EB3 - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-C1513159FBB2D577 - Taken by spindoctor. 14 entrants total.
Lifless Planet -- MB-58DD4EF5B84BD4B9 - Taken by freshVeggie. 16 entrants total.

t1410199416z1.png

Nete

About Divinity OS. can you import your single player campaign character into multiplayer campaign? or do you have to start over? Is it possible to switch back and forth? It would sucks if you have a high level character but you can't use it when a friend want to play online.

I know in Saints Row 4. a buddy can just jump into your campaign so there is no need to create a new character.

Single player and multiplayer save files are the same, so there is no problem on moving from one to the other at any point.

The only difference on starting a game on single or multi is allowing your friend to create a char instead of using one of yours. But even that can be bypassed using a respec.

Turfster

Humble Store End of Summer Sale
  • Wolf Among Us 10€
  • Murdered 12€
  • Kerbal 15€
  • Psychonauts 0.79€
  • Age of Empires III 9.24€
  • Batman Apples GOTY 5€
  • Amnesia 4.02€
  • Gone Home 6.5€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 4€
  • Among the sleep 15€
  • The swapper 2.5€
  • The bridge 0.89€
  • Samurai Gunn 6€
  • Nihilumbra 1.39€
  • Nights 2€
  • Lego the movie the game 7€
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited 5€

Also free copy of Warlock today
(Sorry, no percentages, too old to do all that math in my head =p)

Lomax

Tried playing L.A. Noire for a change, but I think that's not my game. My first real interview went horribly, because my thoughts deviate from what the game want to hear. Why isn't his registered gun not an valid evidence? He doesn't even try to make something up, he straight-up says it's bullshit and the interview ends? Its like a even more punishing Phoenix Wright and I just don't know what the game wants to hear from me. :/ Also I hate driving. Is there a purpose for this open world?

Yeah, but I lost my motivation. I had fun conquering the city and shaping the Boss the way I wanted her to be. It feels like I already have won, since I took over the city. I just love conquering things :(

I love doing everything I can before progressing - aside from busywork like collecting stuff. Saint's Row should've let the programm putting up some kind of resistance like incursions into your area you have to defend.

Yeah, I wish I had known Saints Row IV was done the way it is before I started. Though at least they don't make you repeat stuff or block a lot off. Saints Row 2 still has the best mission setup. Still, the last few main missions are pretty satisfying, I'd definitely go back and finish them at some point even if you take a break for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom