• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Single player and multiplayer save files are the same, so there is no problem on moving from one to the other at any point.

The only difference on starting a game on single or multi is allowing your friend to create a char instead of using one of yours. But even that can be bypassed using a respec.

If they recreate a new character. I'm assuming once you go back to single player mode. all your character will still be the same? and the one they created will still be saved in multi player mode?

RealMeat

Banned
---------------
About Divinity OS. can you import your single player campaign character into multiplayer campaign? or do you have to start over? Is it possible to switch back and forth? It would sucks if you have a high level character but you can't use it when a friend want to play online.

I know in Saints Row 4. a buddy can just jump into your campaign so there is no need to create a new character.

Someone can join your single player game at any time, but they take control of one or more of your characters. You can't take your character into someone else's game.

SSPssp

Is the Humble Store reCAPTCHA broken for anyone else?

Add me to the list. Maybe they're getting hammered?

Edit: I use firefox but I just tried it in another browser (chrome) and it worked. Humble tweeted to use Chrome or another browser if you're having problems.

So after 2 'in game time' hours of trying to get Dead Rising 3 to run...I finally have succeeded. I don't know which one did it, but I disabled FRAPS + the Steam Overlay and it now runs.

For some reason, it still keeps going to windowed mode out of full screen (I think it's something Steam) and crashes when trying to change the options. Still a ton of issues, but at least I can run the damn thing.

So, for those of you with immediate CTD or 'deadrising3.exe stopped responding' issues, trying disabling all overlays.

Mono

Also free copy of Warlock today
(Sorry, no percentages, too old to do all that math in my head =p)

They don't seem to be limiting the giveaway by anything other than an email address! Hopefully people won't hoard a bunch of copies and then sell them later. :X

iavi

Thank for all the lethal league love in here, cause I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

This game is amazing. Feels like it would have been right at home, had it released on the dreamcast alongside JSR and powerstone.

Nete

If they recreate a new character. I'm assuming once you go back to single player mode. all your character will still be the same? and the one they created will still be saved in multi player mode?

Nope. Multiplayer in D:OS is actually *your* single player game adding a friend, so if he recreates a char it would be still modified even when playing alone. He just takes control of one of your chars with all implications, he doesn't bring a new one.

Think on it as the AI of your second char gaining self-awareness Skynet style for a while :p

Dr Dogg

Now my Neo Geo AES copy is utterly worthless.

Oh I don't know. If someone breaks in to your place you could deliver a hefty whack to the head with the massive cart. Can't exactly do that with a Steam copy now can you?

So after 2 'in game time' hours of trying to get Dead Rising 3 to run...I finally have succeeded. I don't know which one did it, but I disabled FRAPS + the Steam Overlay and it now runs.

For some reason, it still keeps going to windowed mode out of full screen (I think it's something Steam) and crashes when trying to change the options. Still a ton of issues, but at least I can run the damn thing.

So, for those of you with immediate CTD or 'deadrising3.exe stopped responding' issues, trying disabling all overlays.

I completely forgot that one of the first things I did when the game wouldn't launch for me (due to missing files on Capcom's part nonetheless) was disabling Steam's overlay and Steam Cloud. Might be the reason I haven't had any issues then. FRAPs and Afterburner work fine without a hitch for me but I only used then to check some system useage and turned them off completely after settling on playing.

madjoki

They don't seem to be limiting the giveaway by anything other than an email address! Hopefully people won't hoard a bunch of copies and then sell them later. :X

Not even email address, you can get multiple with same address.

But there is this "Be sure to redeem this game to your Steam account before Sept 22, 2014 @ 10am PT. Once it is redeemed on your account, it is yours to keep, but the key is only available for a limited time."

Grief.exe

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Star Wars: KOTOR at GMG for $2.49, and probably the Jedi Knight games too. I was checking isthereanydeal for KOTOR 2, and was wondering if there a reason why KOTOR 2 isn't on sale more often, and outside of Steam?

Disney.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles, a suggestion for Enhanced Steam:
An option for the Weeklong Deals page which uses the price search function to hide any game that's not at its lowest price ever, in order to clear out much of the garbage being discounted all the time.

Spares

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-ADDCF40113808C05
Space Hack -- MB-A3FEFD45F5358D14 - Taken by nightstorm
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-ACFBCFF3F06C6D9F - Taken by electroflame

Shadownet

Banned
Nope. Multiplayer in D:OS is actually *your* single player game adding a friend, so if he recreates a char it would be still modified even when playing alone. He just takes control of one of your chars with all implications, he doesn't bring a new one.

ahh okay. thank you for the clarification!

Played a bit of Lethal League and I love it. Thanks to Shadownet but I also nees not beef up my skills hardcore.

I don't know much about it but it seem to be something like Smash Brothers? and its taking over GAF by a storm.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eschalon: Book I -- MB-EA809B9E8D44C1DD - Taken by Htown
Eschalon: Book II -- MB-1E9589A1D5A5D684

BTW, Wolf Among Us for 9.99$

Time to bite or not?

YES. I really enjoyed the game. deff worth it for $10

DogMeat77

I keep hearing interesting things about Five Nights at Freddy's so I think I might pick it up. I also don't have any of the other games in the bundle so win win. Thanks for posting.

TWAU was a good buy when i got it for ~$7. It's around 8-10 hours of gameplay, and it seems to have been better received than TWD S2. Liked it a lot myself.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Warlock Master of Arcane -- MB-BBF50A03DA17687A
Solar 2 -- MB-03490373A9227D3C

I WANNA PLAY THE WARLOCK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABaHY1WuAkM

Humble Store End of Summer Sale
  • Wolf Among Us 10€
  • Murdered 12€
  • Kerbal 15€
  • Psychonauts 0.79€
  • Age of Empires III 9.24€
  • Batman Apples GOTY 5€
  • Amnesia 4.02€
  • Gone Home 6.5€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 4€
  • Among the sleep 15€
  • The swapper 2.5€
  • The bridge 0.89€
  • Samurai Gunn 6€
  • Nihilumbra 1.39€
  • Nights 2€
  • Lego the movie the game 7€
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited 5€

Finally getting NiGHTS into Dreams. Also, another 2 week Humble sale? Good night wallet.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Stonerid
Memories of a Vagabond
Five Nights at Freddy's
Eschalon: Book 1
Eschalon: Book 2
Me and PostApocalypse 2: Scraping

$1.89

https://www.indiegala.com/

Didn't see it posted

I knew I should have waited to buy Five Nights. $2.50 was a good price though.

In this for Eschalon.

Arkham Knight is confirmed for June 2nd guys :D

Boooo, it should have been for February.

Seeing that Assassins Creed: The American Saga is coming to PC, will Ubisoft remove the individual Black Flag and Liberation from the Steam store?

It's coming to PC, but it doesn't include the final entry in the Saga, Rogue.

Thanks, Ubi.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Gold Rush Classic got cards.

I really should get around to idling again, but I just haven't felt like doing it, even with Idle Master. I'm not surprised that the card values are already fairly cheap for Gold Rush since it was in a bundle.

Jase C can stock up some more Pat & Mat copies :p

It's not $.69 though. Will buy another copy the next time it reaches that price again.

They are SteamPlay so it should work on PC too.

Oooh, good to know. Might buy some of the SW games.

I'm still salty that Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis didn't go on sale during the Summer Sale probably because of Disney :/

Haven't kept up with the thread today (busy playing DR3 :>), so sorry if I'm late, but Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are coming to Steamworks: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

Good, good, now bring Dead Rising 1 to the PC and all will be well.

Dr Dogg

Haven't kept up with the thread today (busy playing DR3 :>), so sorry if I'm late, but Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are coming to Steamworks early 2015: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

Woooo! Been meaning to get tucked into Resi 5 on PC/Steam but still haven't earned a single Achievement and have made next to no progress in DR2 or OTR. Well seeing as they're tentatively stating "transitioned over early next year" we've got a bit if time to knock them out before doing them all again but for Steam Chievos!

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Gold Rush Classic got cards.

Wow, I had no clue that game had been remade. For some reason I got a copy of that as a kid, but I was way too young to figure much of it out, especially in the era before being able to just hop on the internet to get past puzzles. I don't know if I ever actually made it out of the opening town at all. I'd just run around, locate a few supplies as best as I could and then quickly die on the boat.

What an odd remake, surprised there was a market for it.

Chariot

• Wolf Among Us 10€
  • Murdered 12€
  • Kerbal 15€
  • Psychonauts 0.79€
  • Age of Empires III 9.24€
  • Batman Apples GOTY 5€
  • Amnesia 4.02€
  • Gone Home 6.5€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 4€
  • Among the sleep 15€
  • The swapper 2.5€
  • The bridge 0.89€
  • Samurai Gunn 6€
  • Nihilumbra 1.39€
  • Nights 2€
  • Lego the movie the game 7€
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited 5€

Not a problem, by the power of Open Office:

Yeah, I wish I had known Saints Row IV was done the way it is before I started. Though at least they don't make you repeat stuff or block a lot off. Saints Row 2 still has the best mission setup. Still, the last few main missions are pretty satisfying, I'd definitely go back and finish them at some point even if you take a break for a while.
I certainly will. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom