• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhead79

Neo Member
Is anyone else having issues with in-home streaming after the Sept 3rd update? I'm still getting 1080p60 streaming but it's very choppy now. I'm getting 'Slow display' messages. I've seen some people posting about issues on the Steam community discussions but no real solution as yet.
My host system has an i5-4670k and an R9 290, network is wired 1gbps.

TGMIII

YESSSSS

Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are nice touches as well.
Will end up buying DR2 now.

Just hope that RE5 is indeed the Gold Edition.
That would be a great bonus and would help them sell more copies easily.

Is there any reason to believe that RE5 would be the Gold edition or are you just hoping?

Metal Slug X just appeared in the registry. It releases in a about 3.5 weeks (October 1st/2nd, depending on your time zone) and is 25% off ($5.99/141.75 RUB) until then.
The best Metal Slug. And I just spent the last spare change in my account goddamnit.

Add: Anyone who regularly to plays MS3, PM me for a friend invite.

derExperte

Can anyone play a GFWL game? Or even start the client anymore? Trying to get Dead Rising OtR to run but nope. When I starting GFWL alone (downloaded here it says something about a connection error. Have they shut it down? Is there a trick for Win 8.1?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone play a GFWL game? Or even start the client anymore? Trying to get Dead Rising OtR to run but nope. When I starting GFWL alone (downloaded here it says something about a connection error. Have they shut it down? Is there a trick for Win 8.1?

GFWL isn't dead (yet). Did you follow these steps to the letter?

ArjanN

Crazy Taxi port is garbage tier but it's still more than worth it for Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain.

Sega have said they're fixing up Crazy Taxi and the other games in the Dreamcast collection on Steam:

Hi all,

You may have noticed some new things crop up in our existing Dreamcast collection on Steam, such as achievements. Currently this content isn’t accessible but it’s part of an initiative from SEGA over the next few months which is going to improve the player experience for these titles. We don’t have an exact date for these improvements just yet but please bear with us, we’ll keep you posted with more information just as soon as we’re able to.

Thanks for your patience.

SEGA

jshackles, a suggestion for Enhanced Steam:
An option for the Weeklong Deals page which uses the price search function to hide any game that's not at its lowest price ever, in order to clear out much of the garbage being discounted all the time.

I think he's off GAF/Steam for about a week or so....I think the chances of him catching this are probably slim

Well DR2 is good. But RE5 is utterly shit.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Looking above, I see what you are saying.

I had the same problem yesterday (albeit on Windows 7). I just uninstalled Games For Windows Marketplace and ran the GFWL installer again. Seemed to fix it right up.

Jawmuncher

For me RE stands for Horror Survival. And RE5 is far away from that. Also its the first one that goes complete Apeshit with the parasite.

Eh. I like all the RE's so I take them for what they are.
I like the Survival Horror games and I like the action games. I never try to compare the genre differences. I can see why others dislike the shift though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think he's off GAF/Steam for about a week or so....I think the chances of him catching this are probably slim

Ha just saw this after unpacking my PC and getting it set up in my new place. It might still be another day or two before I finish getting everything unpacked. In the mean time, it's probably best to email me right now with suggestions like that - my contact info can be found on the Enhanced Steam homepage. :)

Hope GAF is doing great! I hear DR3 is a pretty bad port :(

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Correct. Operation Raccoon City is apparently being left 4 dead, but that's hardly surprising.

I'd still like to see it get ported to steamworks as despite being fucking dreadful I still had fun with it :p I heard the DLC was much better than the main game as well and never got play that.

vg260

Haven't kept up with the thread today (busy playing DR3 :>), so sorry if I'm late, but Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are coming to Steamworks early 2015: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

Nice! I think those are the last of my GFWL games, so I get to finally part ways with it.
Played DR2 on 360, but not OTR. Won it from Capcom, so I'll try it out when it happens. Probably will pick up DR2 cheap during the next sale for completeness.

EDIT: Dang. MK Kollection is GFWL. Not totally free of it.

EDIT2: SFxT

JaseC

Quickfire SteamGaf

Fallout 3 had achievements with GFWL right? Which is now defunct?

So does it just have none at all now?

I would assume that to be the case as you no longer need to register your CD key or sign into your GFWL account, which presumably means that the game can't register achievement triggers because it has no user info to look to.

Nabs

Thank for all the lethal league love in here, cause I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

This game is amazing. Feels like it would have been right at home, had it released on the dreamcast alongside JSR and powerstone.

That's what I'm saying. The hype is so real right now.

Played a bit of Lethal League and I love it. Thanks to Shadownet but I also nees not beef up my skills hardcore.

Nothing a little practice can't fix :) The game simply gets better as you play and improve.

Oh hell yes. I will hold off my DR2OTR playthrough until then.

iDOsryD9epVcg.gif

Jawmuncher

I wonder if Capcom would ever bring the Case Zero and Case West to steam.
I know those are Xbox Exclusive along with DR1 but man it sure would be nice to have all of DR in one place.

Though they still need to get that ball rolling for RE as well. Were Missing 1, 2, and 3 which all had PC ports.

I know those are Xbox Exclusive along with DR1 but man it sure would be nice to have all of DR in one place.

Though they still need to get that ball rolling for RE as well. Were Missing 1, 2, and 3 which all had PC ports.

hell, we don't even have the DLC for RE5. They need to at least look into that, dammit.

Grief.exe

Capcom has been doing good work for the PC community as of late.

Porting over Dead Rising 3 and RE4, the latter of which Qloc went the extra mile, REmake/RER announcements, and RE5/OTR/DR2/SFIV losing GFWL.
Obviously, they haven't been perfect and have some more things to work on, but they have been making me happy.

Going forward they need to continue to provide support for their existing games with issues, DR3, DMC3, and Racoon City come to mind. And just give us Dragon's Dogma.

I enjoyed DR1 and would like to play that one again!

ViviOggi

Sega have said they're fixing up Crazy Taxi and the other games in the Dreamcast collection on Steam:

Oh wow, that's great news. Hopefully someone also finds a way to mod the soundtrack exactly like it was in the original (I need my Crazy Taxi to always start with YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So what's left then GFWL wise then that people would want converted to Steamworks ? I can think of Red Faction Guerilla, Dark Souls, and some of Codemasters driving games (and I personally really want FUEL ported over).

I'm guessing QLOC are going to be very busy for a bit anyway :p

JaseC

So what's left then GFWL wise then that people would want ? I can think of Red Faction Guerilla, Dark Souls, and some of Codemasters driving games (and I personally really want FUEL ported over).

I'm guessing QLOC are going to be very busy for a bit anyway :p

RFG's Steamworks patch is in the works. Personally, I'd like to see Gears and Viva Pinata jump on the bandwagon, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom