• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So what's left then GFWL wise then that people would want converted to Steamworks ? I can think of Red Faction Guerilla, Dark Souls, and some of Codemasters driving games (and I personally really want FUEL ported over).

I'm guessing QLOC are going to be very busy for a bit anyway :p

I think someone already found the RFG Steamwork patch underway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Capcom would ever bring the Case Zero and Case West to steam.
I know those are Xbox Exclusive along with DR1 but man it sure would be nice to have all of DR in one place.

Though they still need to get that ball rolling for RE as well. Were Missing 1, 2, and 3 which all had PC ports.

I fully expect RE 2 and 3, maybe even CVX, to come to most current platforms if RE1 HD Remaster does well in sales.

BibiMaghoo

I would assume that to be the case as you no longer need to register your CD key or sign into your GFWL account, which presumably means that the game can't register achievement triggers because it has no user info to look to.

This makes me sad. I hope they patch them in, but I guess that's unlikely.

Also, just discovered Idlemaster. This is awesome. Thought I would have to still fullscreen my games.

Grief.exe

So what's left then GFWL wise then that people would want converted to Steamworks ? I can think of Red Faction Guerilla, Dark Souls, and some of Codemasters driving games (and I personally really want FUEL ported over).

Red Faction:G getting a Steamworks patch http://steamdb.info/app/20500/history/

Dark Souls is the big one for me. I would love to see Bethesda remove GFWL from FO3 and add in Steam Achievements. GFWL is almost optional for that release, so they may not touch it.

GTAIV is another huge one.

Capcom has been doing good work for the PC community as of late.

Porting over Dead Rising 3 and RE4, the latter of which Qloc went the extra mile, REmake/RER announcements, and RE5/OTR/DR2/SFIV losing GFWL.
Obviously, they haven't been perfect and have some more things to work on, but they have been making me happy.

Going forward they need to continue to provide support for their existing games with issues, DR3, DMC3, and Racoon City come to mind. And just give us Dragon's Dogma.

I enjoyed DR1 and would like to play that one again!

That is quite the understatement.

Humble So cute bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Toki tori 2+
  • Triple town
  • Girls like robots
TIER 2: 8$
  • Woodle Tree Adventures
  • Where is my Heart?

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Nabs

Can anyone play a GFWL game? Or even start the client anymore? Trying to get Dead Rising OtR to run but nope. When I starting GFWL alone (downloaded here it says something about a connection error. Have they shut it down? Is there a trick for Win 8.1?

Have you gone to xbox.com and signed in? You may have to accept some new terms. Yeah. That is the reason why I have this scar on my forehead.

Anteater

Capcom has been doing good work for the PC community as of late.

Porting over Dead Rising 3 and RE4, the latter of which Qloc went the extra mile, REmake/RER announcements, and RE5/OTR/DR2/SFIV losing GFWL.
Obviously, they haven't been perfect and have some more things to work on, but they have been making me happy.

Going forward they need to continue to provide support for their existing games with issues, DR3, DMC3, and Racoon City come to mind. And just give us Dragon's Dogma.

I enjoyed DR1 and would like to play that one again!

I think capcom usa have been great, at least I think they have been trying to be as transparent as possible.

AHA-Lambda

GTA IV and Dark Souls I'd say.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
RFG's Steamworks patch is in the works. Personally, I'd like to see Gears and Viva Pinata jump on the bandwagon, too.

I think someone already found the RFG Steamwork patch underway.

Red Faction:G getting a Steamworks patch http://steamdb.info/app/20500/history/

Dark Souls is the big one for me. I would love to see Bethesda remove GFWL from FO3 and add in Steam Achievements. GFWL is almost optional for that release, so they may not touch it.

GTAIV is another huge one.

GTA IV and Dark Souls I'd say.

Ooooooh shit! Didn't realise the patch for RFG was already underway. Sweet. It would be nice to see its multiplayer given a boost by going to steamworks as well. I consider Dark Souls an inevitability as well, seems like Namco has jumped right on the PC train in recent months :)

Rockstar would be stupid to not port GTA IV and the episodes to Steamworks, but well, Rockstar innit. Never know with them.

let's just hope they don't follow that with Wash_Doge-level quality of the game (and the port) ;)

Don't worry, it'll be worse. The last batmobile footage I saw basically had it looking like arkham city with some bad spyhunter driving sections hacked in.

Metal Slug X just appeared in the registry. It releases in a about 3.5 weeks (October 1st/2nd, depending on your time zone) and is 25% off ($5.99/141.75 RUB) until then.

Niiiiiice. More Metal Slug is always a good thing.

Humble Store End of Summer Sale
  • Wolf Among Us 10€
  • Murdered 12€
  • Kerbal 15€
  • Psychonauts 0.79€
  • Age of Empires III 9.24€
  • Batman Apples GOTY 5€
  • Amnesia 4.02€
  • Gone Home 6.5€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 4€
  • Among the sleep 15€
  • The swapper 2.5€
  • The bridge 0.89€
  • Samurai Gunn 6€
  • Nihilumbra 1.39€
  • Nights 2€
  • Lego the movie the game 7€
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited 5€

Also free copy of Warlock today
(Sorry, no percentages, too old to do all that math in my head =p)

Don't care about the percentages, old man.
Do care about the lack of prices in USD though. :p

For me RE stands for Horror Survival. And RE5 is far away from that. Also its the first one that goes complete Apeshit with the parasite.

It's also the first one that goes completely apeshit with the idea of making it a TPS cover based shooter in the back half of the game.

Wait the day before Smash?
That sure as hell ain't getting touched by me then until later.

You have chosen... poorly.

I wonder if Capcom would ever bring the Case Zero and Case West to steam.
I know those are Xbox Exclusive along with DR1 but man it sure would be nice to have all of DR in one place.

Though they still need to get that ball rolling for RE as well. Were Missing 1, 2, and 3 which all had PC ports.

For collecting purposes, sure.
But it's probably highly unlikely as Case Zero (good) and Case West (dumpster fire) weren't ever ported to PS3 either. They could do it, but I don't know why they would at this point.

GFWL is entirely optional for Fo3. It's not required at all and is completely inert.

This is what the brilliant minds of Steam Support told me when I bitched that I couldn't get a GFWL key generated; however the last time I tried to boot it, the game just sat at the "give me your GFWL key" screen...
Maybe you can just click okay with it empty or click cancel if there's a button for that?

Kacho

Haven't kept up with the thread today (busy playing DR3 :>), so sorry if I'm late, but Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are coming to Steamworks early 2015: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

OMG YES! This is great, great news. I'll no doubt pick them all up.

I'm finally getting an itch to play Euro Truck Simulator 2. Is there anything I know before I pull the trigger on it? Controller/keyboard good enough or is it a wheel-only type of game?

DR2 and RE5 were high on my GFWL removal hit list. Great that its going away. Red Faction G is already being worked on. GTA IV and GTA IV Liberty City Stories are the next two that I need that are likely.

I would replay Fallout 3 if GFWL gets removed but it isn't a must have.

Then we have this group that will probably never get touched or if they do, I'll probably have to rebuy them:

Dark Void
Fable 3
Iron Brigade
Viva Pinata

kiyomi

How's Euro Truck Simulator 2? I own the first game but I haven't put much time into it. Is there good controller support?

Benedict

Enjoyed Where is My Heart on Vita/PSP but not sure I'd pay $8 tier...

Interested in Five Nights Freddy but have all the other games...

First world monday problems...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DR2 and RE5 were high on my GFWL removal hit list. Great that its going away. Red Faction G is already being worked on. GTA IV and GTA IV Liberty City Stories are the next two that I need that are likely.

I would replay Fallout 3 if GFWL gets removed but it isn't a must have.

Then we have this group that will probably never get touched or if they do, I'll probably have to rebuy them:

Dark Void
Fable 3
Iron Brigade
Viva Pinata

Iron Brigade already has visible Steam achievements.

derExperte

GFWL isn't dead (yet). Did you follow these steps to the letter?

Thanks, now DR at least starts and I can open the GFWL client. But when logging in in DR it asked me to download an update (Login Assistant whatever) which I did. Now I get error 8007065b. I'll try a few other things but apparently DR doesn't recognize controllers anymore? Better wait for next year then, I hope I can get Bulletstorm to run though.

Have you gone to xbox.com and signed in? You may have to accept some new terms. Yeah. That is the reason why I have this scar on my forehead.

I already did that an can log in fine through the website.

xBladeM6x

Ooooooh shit! Didn't realise the patch for RFG was already underway. Sweet. It would be nice to see its multiplayer given a boost by going to steamworks as well. I consider Dark Souls an inevitability as well, seems like Namco has jumped right on the PC train in recent months :)

Rockstar would be stupid to not port GTA IV and the episodes to Steamworks, but well, Rockstar innit. Never know with them.

Dark Souls, GTA IV, and Dirt 3 and I'll be a happy camper.

Been too long since we talked about Speedrunners, we can't let people think Lethal League is better than it.
Yep, it's time for you know what.

Speedrunners Competition
10 official maps, 10 chances to win up to 10 random games, 1 fast chicken that will make you cry.

1. DunderHassan
2. iosefe

Quote a small section of this post to join in.

liezryou

So for 43$... Sims 4 is quite the let down as far as worth goes. I think i would have been better off playing the free sims 2 ultimate edition i got on origin a while ago.

Been too long since we talked about Speedrunners, we can't let people think Lethal League is better than it.
Yep, it's time for you know what.

Speedrunners Competition
10 official maps, 10 chances to win up to 10 random games, 1 fast chicken that will make you cry.

1. DunderHassan

Hunger Games: MockingDunder

Grief.exe

So for 43$... Sims 4 is quite the let down as far as worth goes. I think i would have been better off playing the free sims 2 ultimate edition i got on origin a while ago.

You could use this same sentence to describe literally any game EA releases at this point.

Anytime they release a game, there is always massive buyer's remorse. Just be like me, pretend they don't exist.

Arthea

I need word of wisdom from steamgaf, I wanna buy dreamcast collection, but I already have sanic, are these separate keys or one?
Also I haven't bought it until now because ports are bad, how bad are we talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom