• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for BinaryPork2737:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stonerid -- MB-EA2B992A25CEBDAF - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-F66D8044DB09DE6F
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-A8B2EF2A5ADF4159 - Taken by Arthea. 10 entrants total.
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-7408498B1867BFDB - Taken by Kifimbo. 7 entrants total.
Crazy Taxi -- MB-AD2FD770E09663BA - Taken by salazar547. 4 entrants total.

t1410201636z1.png

RagManX

Is the Humble Store reCAPTCHA broken for anyone else?

Just successfully CAPTCHAed a few minutes ago. The page said enter the two words shown, but there was only one (and it was a number, not a word, but whatever). I entered that and got my free key shortly after. Hope that helps.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Been too long since we talked about Speedrunners, we can't let people think Lethal League is better than it.
Yep, it's time for you know what.

Speedrunners Competition
10 official maps, 10 chances to win up to 10 random games, 1 fast chicken that will make you cry.

1. DunderHassan
2. iosefe
3. Nabs

Quote a small section of this post to join in.

Dunder ... you're a monster!! ;)

rtcn63

RE5 isn't terrible. As a horror game, yeah probably. Though RE4 would as well. Both are different sorts of B-movie camp. RE5 has an inferior inventory system (though being able to hotkey weapons was a plus), the forced AI partner during singleplayer is a minor to major irration, and boss fights were just flashy set pieces that weren't too fun to play.

But I prefer RE5 over Gears of War and most other TPS titles. The combat still has that visceral feel, and I love upgrading weapons.

liezryou

You could use this same sentence to describe literally any game EA releases at this point.

Anytime they release a game, there is always massive buyer's remorse. Just be like me, pretend they don't exist.

I guess i should have bought directly off origin so i could have gotten a refund... but buying from a cd key reseller and saving a few bucks was more appealing.

Ah well it's only 43$, and while i am enjoying it and will get plenty of enjoyment out of it; It really is like a barebones sims game. It seems like a game that should have been released 10 years ago, not in 2014.

Dr Dogg

Huh it seems through either a funky email link or problems their end but UbiSoft's AC Unity Unite preorder program it open to just about anybody now. Oh the temptation of free in game tat though I get the feeling the single player mission tied to it might need a preorder code. Oh well one way to find out...

MRORANGE

Wow, finally managed to hit that 24.000 character limit in the OP, Gaf really needs to bump it to 35k at least.

Or I could just post twice...

Dr Dogg

Well I can't believe that worked. I now have a swanky digital sword set for AC U. Just got to recruit a couple of members and it's digital pantaloons, soundtracks and comic books for everyone.

And you guys and gals give Uplay shit.

Can you explain better?

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/assassinscreed-unity/unite-program/index.aspx

Might need to change the location but all the details are there.

Wow, finally managed to hit that 24.000 character limit in the OP, Gaf really needs to bump it to 35k at least.

Or I could just post twice...

I'll make sure my October Recommendation isn't 5 billion words then.

derExperte

Thanks, now DR at least starts and I can open the GFWL client. But when logging in in DR it asked me to download an update (Login Assistant whatever) which I did. Now I get error 8007065b. I'll try a few other things but apparently DR doesn't recognize controllers anymore? Better wait for next year then, I hope I can get Bulletstorm to run though.

I already did that an can log in fine through the website.

After multiple tries I managed to finally login and 'download my profile', whatever that means, without the error in Bulletstorm. Well it said something didn't work but I'm in. Better just play through the game now without quitting I guess. ;) Trying DR later again. Yay?

Tizoc

edit: Bah gawd...only 24 games left to idle as per ModBot...

A quickie one, it's the first game BTW :V
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warlock -- MB-2883CA1BB725E5CC

t1410213639z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is what the brilliant minds of Steam Support told me when I bitched that I couldn't get a GFWL key generated; however the last time I tried to boot it, the game just sat at the "give me your GFWL key" screen...
Maybe you can just click okay with it empty or click cancel if there's a button for that?

How long ago was that? It's literally impossible to retrieve your GFWL key for the game these days -- there's no pre-launch window, no in-game window, and no registry entries.

Dr Dogg

I logged and it says:

"*All rewards will be available at Assassin’s Creed Unity game launch, if you have redeemed your pre-order code."

So i think you'll need to redeem a code to have some kind of benefits.

It appears slightly different at my end and to start with you couldn't even access the mini site unless you had a retailer code. It gives the impression that the first 4 tiers will unlock but the 5th needs everyone to input a preorder code. It's a bit of an insidious promotion as it's essentially asking your customers to market the game for you can rope 3 other people into not only buying the game but also to preorder it from only one specific retailer.

After multiple tries I managed to finally login and 'download my profile', whatever that means, in Bulletstorm. Trying DR later again. Yay?

I make sure I back my GFWL profile up with GameSave manager so when the time comes that the plug is pulled from GFWL that the oddities like Bulletstorm will still function. That and so my Achievements haven't gone to waste.

dex3108

Well I can't believe that worked. I now have a swanky digital sword set for AC U. Just got to recruit a couple of members and it's digital pantaloons, soundtracks and comic books for everyone.

And you guys and gals give Uplay shit.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/assassinscreed-unity/unite-program/index.aspx

Might need to change the location but all the details are there.

I'll make sure my October Recommendation isn't 5 billion words then.

I will join you if you are OK with that. Just tell me name of AC team :D

Not exactly the thread for this, but finally bought a wii U. PC/Steam and Wii U seems to be the best combo nowadays.

People say this, and I do get that it's probably the best combo (due to lack of crossover games between the systems). But I currently just have a PC and a 3DS and I honestly can't even bring myself to buy the 3DS games that I'm interested in as they are just so dang expensive. The best games on Nintendo systems are pretty much always the Nintendo games and they seem to stay at like full retail price years and years after release. I keep thinking myself that a WiiU would be fun in the mix, but I just can't see myself ever shelling out for more than like 1-2 $50+ games a year at the absolute most.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, Target is apparently having another buy one get one 25% off on gaming gift cards, including Steam gift cards, of course. Not sure if I'll pick up any this time though.

Xanathus

Here's a junk game maybe you can get some cards out of it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xanathus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-2D33448401A28E29 - Taken by Htown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom