• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I played it on ps3, for free*.

You're the worst
tumblr_m98llq5cRb1rt25jy.gif

Yeah, trying to sum up RE5 with a reductive description of the first level is pretty goddamn funny.

yup. game is pretty damn good, although ill understand an argument made on the basis that it's not a good resident evil game.

But that it's not a good game at all? Naw, it's a great coop action game with horror elements and a ton of replayability. It's possibly the best AAA big budget capcom game last gen, too. It just had the impossible task of being better than RE4, which no game can really live up to.

Sci-fi RTS Ancient Space now in Steam for pre-order. This is from guys who are making that Hard West (kickstarter) turn-based Wild/Weird West game. Impressive cast there (if you are into sci-fi): John Billingsley, Aaron Douglas, Ron Glass, Richard Gunn, Dina Meyer and Dwight Schultz.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249190/

And some highlights from stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv5JnWJuOCM

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ancient Space, but not committing to a purchase until reviews with story impressions are available - I'll wait and see if they actually make good use of all those big names.

GaussTek

Will wait for a bundle. DotEmu does lazy, slapdash work. The bug where the Windows start bar doesn't disappear during the game if it's on top has been carried over from game to game, even though they're aware of it.

Seriously. The Metal Slug 3 port wasn't very good, as I posted my impressions here a while ago (although I hear that the slowdown issues were also present on the real Arcade version). Anyway, still better than nothing, I guess!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so apparently just moving the game's folder to the new drive and uninstalling and reinstalling should let steam rediscover the files and that's that

Yeah, Steam Mover/Steam Tool stopped being necessary when Steam began supporting additional library locations.

derExperte

It appears slightly different at my end and to start with you couldn't even access the mini site unless you had a retailer code. It gives the impression that the first 4 tiers will unlock but the 5th needs everyone to input a preorder code. It's a bit of an insidious promotion as it's essentially asking your customers to market the game for you can rope 3 other people into not only buying the game but also to preorder it from only one specific retailer.

I'm pretty sure you need a code to get more than tier 1. "After the first reward, all other rewards will only be available if you have redeemed your pre-order code."

Maybe one of these months GMG will add my Playfire rewards to my account so I can buy something

Have you checked whether your GMG and Playfire accounts share the same email?

I had the same problem as you until I realised when I created an Playfire account I had used a different email address from the one used with GMG, and since I couldn't change them in the settings, and since I didn't want to ask for assistance and wait for at least a couple of weeks just for a reply, I just created a new account on Green Man Gaming using the same email address as my active Playfire account and that fixed it.

Seriously. The Metal Slug 3 port wasn't very good, as I posted my impressions here a while ago (although I hear that the slowdown issues were also present on the real Arcade version). Anyway, still better than nothing, I guess!

I only have those things during online co-op.

I'm still missing that last £0.50 for that last Metro Last Light achievement. I wonder if I should bother since it ends in like 1 day and half....Playfire takes a while to track those things.

Have you checked whether your GMG and Playfire accounts share the same email?

I had the same problem as you until I realised when I created an Playfire account I had used a different email address from the one used with GMG, and since I couldn't change them in the settings, and since I didn't want to ask for assistance and wait for at least a couple of weeks just for a reply, I just created a new account on Green Man Gaming using the same email address as my active Playfire account and that fixed it.

Yeah everything is the same, I've had this problem since the service started, it just takes forever for them to deposit rewards.

Eternia

Oh, so the middle mouse button actually opens new windows on links for the client now. I must have missed that while those big updates were rolled out. I might actually use the client sometimes instead of actively avoiding it!

iosefe

Story Playthrough of: Sniper Elite v2

going in, i was told i t was a stealth game that wasn't a stealth game. or it was corridors that you shoot in. With that in mind, i didn't take the game so seriously. I did get a grasp on the story, and usually i play for great stories. this isn't one of those. this game is all about the Head/Vital/Nut shots.

As i played through, i threw caution to the wind and just shot people and shot people. needless to say, it was enjoyable. the game itself isn't too long, so i wouldn't say it wore out it's welcome. it stayed exactly as long as intended to and gave me a decent 3 hours of shooting. i've yet to touch the Challenge mode nor the Multiplayer, which there is still people playing.

I've also been told Sniper Elite 3 is several times better. i rather enjoyed this, so i have nice expectations for when i start that one up

Oh, so the middle mouse button actually opens new windows on links for the client now. I must have missed that while those big updates were rolled out. I might actually use the client sometimes instead of actively avoiding it!

It is still really slow at loading pages so stick with the web version.
cheeky.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-B9E92BFEEF352AC7
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #8 -- MB-80BDF33AE31E299B - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #9 -- MB-18C1B9810C95532C
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #4 -- MB-8CB424BAC8E7C317 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 3 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #5 -- MB-6B29B2874BB5E91D
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #6 -- MB-0FB0806261F08F6E - Taken by maty. 1 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #7 -- MB-834D3EE64FDE1A3B
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #2 -- MB-9D75BE312FB25E02
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #3 -- MB-23A4077B9A52DBAC

t1410214776z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've been playing a little of Hexcells Plus, which I was lucky enough to win in a Modbot raffle from FiveElementNinja a little while back. That's an awesome puzle game, can't wait to crack on more with it. I have a feeling I'll be going straight into Hexcells Infinite afterwards too. That game really works, and while at first I was finding myself wondering what the logic behind choosing particular squares was the more I play the more I understand why I should be choosing one over another, it's all starting to click. I know it's been recommended here many times before, but if you're at all interested in picross style puzzles and somehow haven't already got this, absolutely give it a shot.

louiedog

Anyone else not getting any email from the Humble Bundle? :(

Sometimes popular bundles create a delay in emails. This freebie is probably doing the same. if you're looking for your key page sign into your account and see if it's already in your library or available from the claim section at the top of the page.

Myshkin

BTW, Wolf Among Us for 9.99$

Time to bite or not?

I paid $8.49 in the summer sale, but I feel that I overpaid.
It had a good comic look and each character had their hook about how their life changed when they had to move to the big city.
It's a VN where you only ever make a few choices (which place to go first).
It has pointless and annoying QTE.
I think people like the plot twists, but the story is short.

Freezard

Sometimes popular bundles create a delay in emails. This freebie is probably doing the same. if you're looking for your key page sign into your account and see if it's already in your library or available from the claim section at the top of the page.

Thanks found it in my library :)

Gvaz

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Edge of Space #9 -- MB-7A3E2E58A49ECB75 - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #8 -- MB-919212697768C93E - Taken by hitoshi. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #3 -- MB-F056A69734F83423 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #2 -- MB-B44ABD8F9037A92C - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.

Edge of Space #5 -- MB-567C2F2C5A8DC379 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #4 -- MB-6E783E022462C3B9 - Taken by jediyoshi. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #7 -- MB-5FC98B153733E94E - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #6 -- MB-C9336CB86D3519BD - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #20 -- MB-5F94C879B16922B0 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #21 -- MB-59FA62D687DE89FE
Edge of Space #22 -- MB-CE706C7A20DE13D1 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #23 -- MB-50C68E599B7C3E46 - Taken by theMrCravens. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #24 -- MB-A6DF7AAD276702D4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #25 -- MB-CF5B8677F001ED1D - Taken by Hero Prinny. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #26 -- MB-ED6F98C748D41163 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #27 -- MB-D3FD714881E104D2 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #28 -- MB-2AB48A112DBBD6E3 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #29 -- MB-E6285ACCB57910FF - Taken by EmergentFocus. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #14 -- MB-8AA5DB1D1E064833 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #19 -- MB-20E79DA375555C4A - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #18 -- MB-F9438A9AE546FF0E - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #11 -- MB-61D8CDA0B290583C - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #10 -- MB-8C183879D92BE44F - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #13 -- MB-90AB043443321F35 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #12 -- MB-3BDD6FF306E801AB - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #15 -- MB-8B7649E55031C60C - Taken by Snakethesniper. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space -- MB-F8FD05F3E2C2F2D1 - Taken by Wok. 2 entrants total.
Edge of Space #17 -- MB-824BE944FA570457 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Edge of Space #16 -- MB-A378A649FB63B2D4 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1410213697z1.png

Please keep in mind:

These are not keys for the actual game. These are 50% off coupons

The developers printed off way too much at PAX Prime 2014 and were going to throw them away, so as a gift from an Enforcer to GAF, I'm giving them away.

Learn more here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/edge-of-space-early-access-review/1100-6418590/

Myshkin

Warlock is a good game. It's nowhere near as dull as Civ has become.

But now that Warlock 2 is out I don't see any reason to get Warlock, unless you want to get the Armageddon DLC and play that - but I only ever wanted to do the Armageddon runthrough once. Biggest improvement in Warlock 2 is the soft city cap avoids the late game 4X tedium on larger maps.

Say I were to grab a season pass from the motherland that is not locked right now; but I can not add it to my account because the base game is locked and I haven't purchased it on Steam so it has to remain in my inventory until I can get the base game on my account... what happens to my gift season pass if the sub gets locked before I am able to acquire the base game and redeem the gift?

Is it likely to stay unlocked because I bought it prior to any locking or is it likely to be retroactively locked since it wasn't activated before the lock was enabled?

deadflower81

Neo Member
Just tried Runespell Overture on my Mac (thanks to the giveaway of FiveElementNinja!) but sadly it crashes on startup!

After a quick search on google, I saw that i'm not the only one with this problem.

It seems that it doesn't work on a Mac with Mavericks installed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom