• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Don't know whats going on with my DS4 now.
Was in the middle of Xenoblade and it stopped working.
I keep just hearing a connect and disconnect.

Chariot

2014-09-08_23-31-09.jpg
I'll bite. Is that twitter?

edit: it is. 20k so far? Pff, way to go. I hope they're not joking :D

Jawmuncher

update DS4Windows using the updater in the folder

I did and it's still messing up. It just sits there at connecting.
Don't know why it just did this out of the blue.
Going to try transistor real quick, since that has native PS4 controller support so I can make sure it's not the controller itself.

iosefe

I did and it's still messing up. It just sits there at connecting.
Don't know why it just did this out of the blue.
Going to try transistor real quick, since that has native PS4 controller support so I can make sure it's not the controller itself.

don't forget to uncheck hide ds4 if you play Transistor then

by native you mean touchpad works as intended?

Played a couple of hours of Tales of Maj'Eyal.

I won't go through my big categorized spiel for this one just because I only put a couple of hours into it and it wouldn't be fair. Just a few things to note: It does have a Roguelike "feel" in that it's turn-based, requires some thought, it's relatively hard, and allows for choices of different races and classes. It adds a few extra modern elements like putting points into stats when you level up. One of the major differences is it feels way more open. Most of the races and classes start in wide open spaces like forests. It requires you to change your previous roguelike strategies of "Enter the tunnel and wait for the five monsters to attack you individually" for "Oh shit, okay, are they all causing me damage? Yes? Weakest first. No? Strongest first. Can I use healing? Can I use ALL the skills? Fuckfuckfuck!"

The other thing you'll notice is the shit-ton of achievements. A lot of them are repeats of each other for seven various combinations of game modes. And no, you don't get the lower-downs automatically. I was playing on Normal Roguelike (one death) mode. I got an achievement for one thing I accomplished, but didn't get it for Normal Adventure (a few deaths) or Exploration (infinite deaths) mode. If you're into achievements, it becomes a real brain-scratcher as to whether you want to start at the hardest or easiest levels.

From what I've played thus far it feels like a competent roguelike. It's not my favourite one ever (Nethack,) nor even my favourite one on Steam (Dredmor,) but I'd say it's worthy to stand side-by-side with them. And it just might be worthy of your dollars.

Now if only they could work on making sure it doesn't crash on the create a character screen half the time.

Generally speaking, the data archives of games that are mod-friendly can be extracted. Poke around on Google for extraction tools/guides.
Time to get to work on the screenplay.
http://abload.de/img/mwpbjj2w.jpg
With you being constantly either on Gaf or - I presume - the hunt for rare games, when do you actually find the time for your movie career? Or is that only an elaborate ruse for the off-chance of getting someday enough credentials to get close to your beloved Saoirse? :p
---
I saw some... footage of the game on mangagamer..... >_>
Wonder how much of the plot gets lost by censoring it? I am serious, not joking. It looked like an essential part of the game after all.
---
Seems they added VAC to 100% Orange Juice. Cant wait to see people complaining why they get VAC banned ;)
I have the game, even installed but I am afraid of it being too complicated. Does anyone here play it to show a newcomer the ropes?
---
Haven't kept up with the thread today (busy playing DR3 :>), so sorry if I'm late, but Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are coming to Steamworks early 2015: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks
That's great news and a great find! Maybe I'll play the second and OTR before the third. I have read many preferring the earlier games. Wonder how they compare between each other and also how much sense it makes to play DR2 and DR:OTR since they seem so similar? That's what I took from reviews I watched tbh.
---
I understood that reference.gifs
I didn't get any those. Wonder what they mean.
---
Also glad that I'll see Shadow around here after all :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-5A4D6B4279A45D08 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 9 entrants total.

t1410217597z1.png

Jawmuncher

fuck it guess i'll try a different DS4 tool and go from there.
Looks like it's an issue with Xinput actually. Going to try and reinstall the xbox drivers.

Volimar

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-5A4D6B4279A45D08 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 9 entrants total.

t1410217597z1.png

I can't imagine that this game will ever be as entertaining to play as it is to watch videos of people playing it.

Jawmuncher

Nevermind I have no clue what the hell it is.
Reinstalled the Xinput drivers and now it's just not knowing what the hell.

It keeps just saying new controller found.
Like it's constantly getting plugged and unplugged.

Jawmuncher

Okay i'm piecing together that somehow my PS4 controller is being seen as a 360 controller when plugged in. That's why it's going back and forth. But it's only when any DS4 tool or DS4Windows is opened.

Why it would go back and forth like this is beyond.
Guess i'll try and figure it out.

Jawmuncher

Reset my computer and it works now.
That's the first time that's ever worked for fixing something on my end.

Oh well at least it works now.
50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

Evrain

Five Nights at Freddy's
My very detailed impressions on the game.

2spooky4me
The ESC button: saving you from Golden Freddy since 2014
On a less memetic note, I'm curious to see exactly how a sequel would unfold - would be unique to explore the restaurant for clues, only to hastily retreat to the security room as the clock strikes midnight. Okay, would deduct from the experience, but I'm dying (no pun intended) from a more realistic scenario, e.g. fiddling with the automatons and power lines by day desperately attempting to squeeze more juice out of the generator

Seriously. The Metal Slug 3 port wasn't very good, as I posted my impressions here a while ago (although I hear that the slowdown issues were also present on the real Arcade version). Anyway, still better than nothing, I guess!
Glad to know it wasn't just my rig, I couldn't believe it but got used to it because the game is that freaking good.

I haven't bought a new game since starting Dark Souls and TF2 regularly, freaking DS is impossible. I love it, but it rages me with that backtracking.

Other than the jumpscare when you lose, I didn't think Freddie's was very scary. Though I didn't actually play it, I just watched someone else play it. They only made it to the second day though, so maybe it ramps up later in the game. I heard someone say it was scarier than P.T., but I find that hard to believe.

started playing Ys 1 today , im not liking the combat system and the fact that i have to grind every 5 minutes to progress in the game but i still think is a fun game

Mokoi

Banned
wonderfully put, Mokoi. but how thoroughly did you play it?

Just made it to night two.
Can't be any scarier than watching the Rangers this season :p
Why got to remind me. :(
The ESC button: saving you from Golden Freddy since 2014
On a less memetic note, I'm curious to see exactly how a sequel would unfold - would be unique to explore the restaurant for clues, only to hastily retreat to the security room as the clock strikes midnight. Okay, would deduct from the experience, but I'm dying (no pun intended) from a more realistic scenario, e.g. fiddling with the automatons and power lines by day desperately attempting to squeeze more juice out of the generator
I've been pressing the ESC button so many times thinking it's the pause/option menu. Also yes that would actually be a great idea to implement. It would actually be pretty cool if you visit during the day, and during their performance they add a extra lyric to the song saying tonight we play or something like that.
Other than the jumpscare when you lose, I didn't think Freddie's was very scary. Though I didn't actually play it, I just watched someone else play it. They only made it to the second day though, so maybe it ramps up later in the game. I heard someone say it was scarier than P.T., but I find that hard to believe.
Yeah the jumpscare was pretty unexpected, and I got spooked. I say it really is a different experience from watching a video of someone playing, and actually trying to keep the automatons at bay yourself. Only to have them pop up in your face when you think you're clear. I'm not used to jumpscares really since I don't play horror games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom