• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
New games greenlit, agian without any announcement.

Mind Zero - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309930148

Well, at least new games are somehow sneaking through Greenlight. Still miss the big batches though.

2014-09-08_23-31-09.jpg

giphy.gif

maty

After activating a copy of Warlock from Shadownet's giveaway, Humble store sent me an extra key so here it is (I registered earlier but they didn't send me an email until now).

Also Toki Tori 2+.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-2649F735E4DA8A42 - Taken by hepburn3d
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-D4BACF2FE5EBECC3 - Taken by salazar547

Finally other games still available from a previous giveaway

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128352677&postcount=4706

Nabs

started playing Ys 1 today , im not liking the combat system and the fact that i have to grind every 5 minutes to progress in the game but i still think is a fun game

I think max level is 10 or something like that. You'll hit that in a second.

Yeah the jumpscare was pretty unexpected, and I got spooked. I say it really is a different experience from watching a video of someone playing, and actually trying to keep the automatons at bay yourself. Only to have them pop up in your face when you think you're clear. I'm not used to jumpscares really since I don't play horror games.

Hopefully my previous post didn't come off as condescending (I certainly didn't mean it to be), you just reminded me how I felt about the game after watching some let's plays. I did hear that it gets better as you go. I only got the game today, which is why I had been watching videos in the first place.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Red Dead Redemption starts incredibly well. I'd buy a PC version in an instant!

Sadly I think I spoiled something about the ending when looking for details about the expansion, to see if I should buy it too on the PSN sale last week (I did). Here's hoping I can forget about it...

Time to give away a spare Humble steam key gift for a bloody fantastic game! Less than 15 minutes though, so act fast!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Juke Joint Jezebel:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Juke Joint Jezebel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psychonauts -- MB-0C94D2941BEB81F7 - Taken by KingDirk. 2 entrants total.

t1410223237z1.png

Miker

Two of the games I'm currently most hyped for are Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the Steamworks release of RE5. Capcom has had me by the balls forever now, and they just won't let go.

Grief.exe

Two of the games I'm currently most hyped for are Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the Steamworks release of RE5. Capcom has had me by the balls forever now, and they just won't let go.

REmake and Ace Attorney Trilogy as well.

Play some games tonight?

Yeah.

I'm going to head over to the Microsoft store Destiny release party tonight.

Apparently they have a ton of food, people playing Destiny, and giving out prizes.

Sounds like a blast.

Lomax

Please keep in mind:

These are not keys for the actual game. These are 50% off coupons

The developers printed off way too much at PAX Prime 2014 and were going to throw them away, so as a gift from an Enforcer to GAF, I'm giving them away.

Learn more here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/edge-of-space-early-access-review/1100-6418590/

When do these expire? Do they stack with other discounts?

I don't remember. Probably?

I already used the code I took for myself. It applies to the base game and the special edition.

I went ahead and took one, it would stack with other discounts, but it expires November 1st, so it's unlikely there will be a sale by then. Was really hoping it would last through the winter sale. Thanks for grabbing them though :)

Miguel81

started playing Ys 1 today , im not liking the combat system and the fact that i have to grind every 5 minutes to progress in the game but i still think is a fun game

When you hit higher levels you'll be running through enemies like a bat outta hell. Some of the bosses will put you in your place, though. That is, if you're playing on hard/nightmare.

Should I jump directly into Shadowrun Dragonfall, or is it worth playing through the main campaign first (is it even worth revisiting after playing Dragonfall)?

KarmaCow

Just dumping some bundle keys and a copy of Warlock from the Humble Store thing I got without checking if I had it already.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-6CB9A3E998181BF3 - Taken by dxhc99. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-7854665B9F8092A2 - Taken by Buttonbasher. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-DEB13A2294FA5D87 - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-F3A0D2580C5074BF - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-E12113AA16F62744 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-C5E4C33D3EEC1B30 - Taken by gar3. 2 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-A5120931754D4170
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-5B84D67808FF9E99 - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-D5D101CE1E4647DF
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-B6951995445E461E - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Runespell: Overture -- MB-0DDC6832BA7D3981 - Taken by Undead Bokun. 1 entrants total.
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-8A3D8382EBF0127F - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-F476BE7FFE222EEE - Taken by PurpleMoustache. 1 entrants total.

t1410224677z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played about 2 hours of Dead Rising 3 despite my wife getting on my case saying I should be unpacking boxes. Totally worth it.

I'm actually pretty surprised how well it runs. Even with a bunch of zombies on the screen, it usually runs at between 25-30 fps at 1920x1080. That doesn't sound too great, but I have an AMD Radeon HD 7850 which is technically below the minimum specifications.

During the two hours I didn't experience any bugs at all.

Volimar

I played about 2 hours of Dead Rising 3 despite my wife getting on my case saying I should be unpacking boxes. Totally worth it.

I'm actually pretty surprised how well it runs. Even with a bunch of zombies on the screen, it usually runs at between 25-30 fps at 1920x1080. That doesn't sound too great, but I have an AMD Radeon HD 7850 which is technically below the minimum specifications.

Really enjoying Dead rising 3. Yes.

Rub it in why don't you?

I've been waiting for your impressions fellow 7850 brother, that's actually good to hear, I expected far worse considering what everyone else has been saying, if it's not too much to ask what settings are you using, do you have anything turned off?

Salsa

lot of my DR3 issues were fixed by moving the game to my SSD

go figure

lock ups were probably for having issues loading textures or something

Mokoi

Banned
I'm now considering purchasing Dead Rising 3 just so I can have it run smoothly and brag about it. Also it looks really fun.

Salsa

im also playing DR3 totally fine, unlocked to 60 too. 12 hours in and no crashes/bugs

dunno what to tell ya. performance isnt stellar but it's more than playable and im having a blast

Thanks for posting, I was curious since I have the same card. Guess I'll just have to wait until I eventually upgrade my rig.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm going to head over to the Microsoft store Destiny release party tonight.

Apparently they have a ton of food, people playing Destiny, and giving out prizes.

Sounds like a blast.

I want Destiny to be good. I do. I'm just not that hyped for some reason. I did play the Alpha and Beta, and it was cool.

Also, I want that PC version, moreso. Seems strange that they havn't talked much about it.

im also playing DR3 totally fine, unlocked to 60 too. 12 hours in and no crashes/bugs

dunno what to tell ya. performance isnt stellar but it's more than playable and im having a blast

At 720p?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been waiting for your impressions fellow 7850 brother, that's actually good to hear, I expected far worse considering what everyone else has been saying, if it's not too much to ask what settings are you using, do you have anything turned off?

I actually didn't tweak the settings at all, I just went with the defaults. I'll load up the game again and take a look.

Fake Edit:

Lomax

So I finally idled my Warlock cards because I figured I'd make a badge since they are super cheap now, and of course I get a foil.

Nabs

I finally unlocked 60 and the game has been running pretty well. Not locked, but it's not bad.

Mozendo

So what controllers does SteamGAF recommend/use?
I got a SNES buffalo controller as a surprise gift today and I've been loving it so far.
Anyone got experience with the PS2 controller adapters?

Grief.exe

I want Destiny to be good. I do. I'm just not that hyped for some reason. I did play the Alpha and Beta, and it was cool.

Also, I want that PC version, moreso. Seems strange that they havn't talked much about it.

I'm actually not buying anything, just going down for the snacks, prizes, and a bit of gaming.

I don't think I will end up going though, just too exhausted.

Accoun

Stupid question, but what was the name of the website that had 60 FPS (and better quality) gaming videos before YT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom