• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

So what controllers does SteamGAF recommend/use?
I got a SNES buffalo controller as a surprise gift today and I've been loving it so far.
Anyone got experience with the PS2 controller adapters?

I always thought about getting one of those, the SNES pad is my all time favorite, but I've heard they don't hold up very well and they really have such a limited range of uses I never spent the money. I do need to replace my controller though, the d-pad on mine is shot.

topyy

Just dumping some bundle keys and a copy of Warlock from the Humble Store thing I got without checking if I had it already.

enter it wrong,need a new winner.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KarmaCow:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kung Fu Strike -- MB-3CCC3EC7B3CE4EA8 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

t1410226477z1.png

Miguel81

I got a SNES buffalo controller as a surprise gift today and I've been loving it so far.

The Dualshock 4 is recommended around these parts. If you have Windows 8/8.1 and a bluetooth adapter you'll be pretty much set for wireless play.

Edit: And an Xinput wrapper, of course.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very nice, thanks for the reply, I might have to pick this up sooner than later now.

No worries man. I'm planning on playing through it now and then probably again when I eventually upgrade my graphics card which will probably be next summer. I guess I should also mention that I have an 8 core 3.11GHz AMD FX-8120, 24GB of DDR3 RAM, and a pretty fast SSD.
please don't start posting specs, I'm just giving a reference for my results.

The game is definitely playable, I'm really loving it so far.

Ozium

played five night's at freddy's.

went through the first night, then the game crashed on the second...

it's very dull all you do is look at cameras? it's like a visual novel without words

Accoun

I actually didn't tweak the settings at all, I just went with the defaults. I'll load up the game again and take a look.

Fake Edit:

Doesn't it actually renders thing in 720p on high or something? I'd have to check Totalbiscuit's Port Report video, but in advanced settings there's an option for rendering resolution and it's not max even on high?

Still, it's probably still good for something below minimal requirements.

[FAKE EDIT]
And thanks for answers, guys. :)

No worries man. I'm planning on playing through it now and then probably again when I eventually upgrade my graphics card which will probably be next summer. I guess I should also mention that I have an 8 core 3.11GHz AMD FX-8120, 24GB of DDR3 RAM, and a pretty fast SSD.
please don't start posting specs, I'm just giving a reference for my results.

The game is definitely playable, I'm really loving it so far.

Cool, I'm about the same specs wise, with some drivers and patches it should run even better.

Mozendo

I always thought about getting one of those, the SNES pad is my all time favorite, but I've heard they don't hold up very well and they really have such a limited range of uses I never spent the money. I do need to replace my controller though, the d-pad on mine is shot.
Limited range of use?
The only flaw I can think of is that the controller feels hollow.

The Dualshock 4 is recommended around these parts. If you have Windows 8/8.1 and a bluetooth adapter you'll be pretty much set for wireless play.

Edit: And an Xinput wrapper, of course.
I'd love to get a Dualshock 4 if I wasn't such a poor bum.

Oreoleo

That's a negative. Some people suggest rolling back to a previous graphic card driver but that only decrease the crashes.

Completely eliminated them for me. After getting two crashes in the first hour I rolled back to the 335 drivers. 17 hours later not a single other crash in sight.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I use my Dualshock 4 for games since it's pretty decent all around with the d-pad being servicable also it came with my PS4 so I didn't have to buy it solely for my PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doesn't it actually renders thing in 720p on high or something? I'd have to check Totalbiscuit's Port Report video, but in advanced settings there's an option for rendering resolution and it's not max even on high?

Still, it's probably still good for something below minimal requirements.

Yeah I just looked in the advanced screen and you are indeed correct that it's rendering at 720p (and up-scaling, I guess?) but I'm just happy that it runs at all to be honest!

Usually when something is marked as being below "minimum requirements" I tend to think of it as maybe it will play on the lowest settings, so I was worried.

Ah dang didnt check just checked Reddit/gamedeals and no one posted

It's not that no one posted. I tried to do it myself yesterday evening, only to be informed by an autobot that IndieGala deals were being temporarily blocked. It's because the reps for the site conducted spammy behaviour on Reddit (multiple posts announcing whenever a game was added, price increases, last 24 hours, etc). IG deals have essentially been banned for a month.

iosefe

One more call out for people that might want to do so Sonic Racing!

anybody? we have 3 people so far: me, salazar, and shadownet

Lomax

Limited range of use?
The only flaw I can think of is that the controller feels hollow.

I'd love to get a Dualshock 4 if I wasn't such a poor bum.

Limited range in that there's no analogue sticks on it, so it would only be good for emulation and platformers basically.

Shade

Bundle stuff not taken from previous giveways. Take them before they find a home in the garbage dump. (You know you want them!)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Spidy -- MB-DC001BDEC50D3AD4 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-41D7F35493657B0B - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Theatre of war -- MB-4E161AF21DD2EB57 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-59BDBDB40F3DE9AC - Taken by Kaper. 1 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-2BC03E11277324C8 - Taken by hepburn3d. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
miner wars arena -- MB-95D6EE34A11CF056 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
post apocalyptic mayhem dlc -- MB-53B82128741E31A6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
alein zombie megadeth -- MB-65ACEC6E08EABF7B - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Graxia and DLC 3JDWM-964P4-6MZQM -- MB-9848905826CB4FFB - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-84A1AEFB82A403DC - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
wasteland angel -- MB-A50124ABC335E8E2 - Taken by Vandrar. 4 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-00136C55BA6C926B - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
RACE Injection -- MB-1FD16B86388D8780 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-6454189DD1E2DEF8 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-23CD6E5AC5198564 - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-DD750952507F8864 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 4 entrants total.
Fortrix 2 -- MB-851B79F13467DD0F - Taken by deadflower81. 2 entrants total.
Eets Munchies #2 -- MB-2649B0D19072B282 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
madballs in babo dlc -- MB-5CDEE47B84344645
Really Big Sky -- MB-BB4F8ED1AA33698D - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.

t1410229357z1.png

StAidan

I used a wired 360 controller for the longest time, but now my preference is a Wii U Pro controller with Mayflash adapter. I like the 80hrs of wireless battery and the much better D-pad.

Miguel81

Five Nights at Freddy's looks like it could be horrifically fun, and thanks for the recommendation SteamGAF. That montage video on the Steam page of YT personalities freaking out, though....cringe-inducing(Note to self: I am not target audience).

Off to write reports, zzzzzzzz

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-10B5DB3B98445354 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.

t1410230377z1.png

KingDirk

So fuck, I just bought two games I already owned from the Humble Store hoping to raffle them and it says on the links they're for personal use only. Am I fucked?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I saw some... footage of the game on mangagamer..... >_>
Wonder how much of the plot gets lost by censoring it? I am serious, not joking. It looked like an essential part of the game after all.

Judging from my friends impressions the censored version will be the better off choice and recalling Overdrive's other games I'd guess that's a good bet.

Shadownet

Banned
Okay I will only say this once. The rest will be words of mouth. I am still helping a seller in selling steam games.

I won't post prices on here. But I will start again tomorrow. I will set up a page with prices. if you need a price check or whatever. PM me privately if you like a link to that page starting tomorrow. Do not discuss it in SteamGAF. Also please keep this between SteamGAF members. Since I will not help anyone that isn't.

Miguel81

So fuck, I just bought two games I already owned from the Humble Store hoping to raffle them and it says on the links they're for personal use only. Am I fucked?

I'm not sure if this supportpage from Humble will help. Have you tried contacting them to unclaim the games?

Edit: I wish JaseC was here for this stuff.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-6F8C108D9ABB1EC6 - Taken by Sarcasm

Momentary

Banned
Holy hell! I just finished Wolfenstein, and DAMN! Was that one badass story with awesome gameplay to boot. It surpassed Bioshock Infinite and is in my top 3 for the year. It was damn fun to finally play an FPS with actual bosses. Every set-piece looked unique. Very little reused assets aside from boxes and enemies. The stealth in the game was fun and not forced. The gun play was on point with almost every weapon feeling satisfying to use. Multiple firing modes were also not useless and kept the mainstay weapons feeling fresh. Dialogue between characters made me want to actually pay attention to the story, which was also pretty great. That, coupled with a fantastic soundtrack, really made the game a complete package. I hope Jens Matthies, the guy who wrote the story and dialogue, stays with the team to pen out future projects. I hope the game did well enough to keep Machine Games in the business.

Maybe they could do a spin-off character action game with Caroline and that Power Suit. That was bad as how easy she handled those mechs.

On a side note. I'm not saying Bioshock Infinite is a bad game. It just wasn't as good as this in my opinion.

Damn, differences between graphical settings in Dead Rising 3 are huge.
Black Soma's screen
Max settings

Are people messing around with Dead Rising 3 at all? The cutscenes look almost CG quality at times, and must be in-engine given they take into account costume changes. They look a lot better than the game at large.

Shadownet

Banned
On a side note. I'm not saying Bioshock Infinite is a bad game. It just wasn't as good as this in my opinion.

Wolfenstein is the best first person single player campaign I've played since Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

Honestly I like it a lot better than Bioshock Infinite which I thought dragged on way too long at certain parts.

Jawmuncher

I'm one of those guys that likes to do his zombie killing in Fancy Suits or Army/Police uniforms. Unoriginality is my specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom