• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, differences between graphical settings in Dead Rising 3 are huge.
Black Soma's screen
Max settings
And I still can't get fixed 30FPS :(

I'm one of those guys that likes to do his zombie killing in Fancy Suits or Army/Police uniforms. Unoriginality is my specialty.
It's what I used in the last few hours.

C4FABB567F5B54D5722FE3E1AA4B5690DA85DFAB

0CB9E9273BB506337783F20DC52BF3F8C38F7121

Jawmuncher

And I still can't get fixed 30FPS :(

It's what I used in the last few hours.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/48733830147159603/C4FABB567F5B54D5722FE3E1AA4B5690DA85DFAB/[img]
[img]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/48733830149841115/0CB9E9273BB506337783F20DC52BF3F8C38F7121/[img][/QUOTE]

I like pretending that i'm trying to bring order and keep my job as well.
Some sort of really worried cop that's more concerned about losing his job than the actual zombie outbreak.

Okay I will only say this once. The rest will be words of mouth. I am still helping a seller in selling steam games.

Y'know, I've had plenty of conversations with your trader on this subject and it's not something he's really happy about. He plays nice because he's a great guy, but the whole reason he isn't posting things in the B/S/T is because the volume he got posting in there burnt him out. So you're not helping him do anything here; you're merely trying to help SteamGAF get into the party (so to speak) while technically working within the seller's rules.

I was about ready to speak my piece on this last night when you posted it, as I was pretty sure he wouldn't really be appreciative of what you did. But on the off chance that you asked him and he somehow said he was okay with it, I didn't say anything. When I finally spoke with him about it this morning, he stated that he never told you it was okay to do what you're doing but since SteamGAF handled it, he wasn't worried about it and it wasn't like you were dumping a ton of orders on his doorstep.

I understand wanting to help the community out, and you do plenty of that for sure. But there are already more than enough people providing access to cheap games from the motherlands for comparable costs (for example: the russian bear liezryou, who had a bunch of valid points when he posted about this last night).

I may not be an active part of this community anymore, and I am not one for drama, but I am good friends with your trader and it really pisses me off when people break his rules and make his life more complicated. Hell, it pisses me off that I even have to talk about him and mention parts of what he does for his friends. He's up and quit doing this before because he's been overwhelmed and he's up and he's also created new subsets of his clientele when enough people break the rules. Please do not push him to this point.

Jawmuncher

For family sharing I just have a few quick questions.

Your library can't be in use by more than 1 account correct?
Example i can't be playing Castlevania and my friend something else that I own.

I ask because I tried a test with long live the queen and it wasn't doing shit about kicking either of us out.

Echoplx

For family sharing I just have a few quick questions.

Your library can't be in use by more than 1 account correct?
Example i can't be playing Castlevania and my friend something else that I own.

I ask because I tried a test with long live the queen and it wasn't doing shit about kicking either of us out.

Yeah that's right, it gives you five minutes before forcing the game to exit, there should be popups in the corner every minute.

For Target b1g1 25% off game cards, I can mix Steam cards with eShop cards and get the discount right? I need $20 for The Evil Within and $20 for my Wii U.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eschalon: Book I (Steam) -- MB-7723C9018B04E674 - Taken by nightstorm
Eschalon: Book 2 (Steam) -- MB-F9C90FF4CF2EADF3
Memories of a Vagabond (Steam) -- MB-ED24D4D384493E8B - Taken by Henry Swanson

hitoshi

I have never encountered this screen before - and to be honest, it is kind of frightening. Not in this exact case, but the chance of having a game taken from your account. It happened before with previous betas / press branches, but it was never preceded with a screen like this, it simply just vanished from my library. Not this time.

Ciwb551.jpg

FULL DISCLOSURE: BETA KEY WAS PROVIDED BY A PR AGENCY FOR PREVIEW PURPOSES. (Don't write a news item about it, dear Kotaku)

Oh man, Red Johnson Chronicles was added to Steam, and I have a key from that Groupees bundle! I've been wanting to play these for a long time now. Awesome!

rostocker

I hope it works with the gift link.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rostocker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

st...er_292x136.jpg

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-2A8B22F429CC30EF

milena87

Divinity II looks super fun and is $4 on the Humble store. Should I do it?

If you like Action RPGs set in a weird and kinda whacky world then by all means go for it.

I really liked my time with Divinity 2. The story has a few interesting twists and the characters are funny.
I really liked personalizing my castle/palace and deciding which people to bring with me.

It's a pretty easy game, though. It might get challenging if you rush into battle while in dragon form. At least at the beginning, you're not totally invincible :p

Gaspode_T

Giving away Toki Tori 2+ from Humble flash bundle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gaspode_T, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-1BA89A9EB9A47AFF - Taken by Divius. 2 entrants total.

t1410256718z1.png

Duke Nukem Forever says it's Steam Play, so that means I'd be safe buying this, right? And I'm well aware of the reputation of this game. I'm not necessarily looking for a good game, it looks like it's good for some dumb fun and mindless violence. Does it at least do that well enough to justify a few bucks?

And does anybody know if these are separate keys? I'm only after Sonic.

Exuro

The recent 15 mins vids they made took them several years, what makes you think they could make a series on a proper schedule? lmao
Well, the fact that they were going to work with adult swim on a series for one. I'm sure they've been working on ways to increase productivity. And they were on their own schedule of course. I'm not talking about some weekly show.

I don't really think it's worth it for them to do it though. The amount of work they'd put into it probably wouldn't pull as much profit as spending a few hours making a new hat.

They wanted to work on it, but it didn't work out. Their schedules couldn't match. That project's bust.
Obviously. They managed to get expiration date out though.

Deques

Duke Nukem Forever says it's Steam Play, so that means I'd be safe buying this, right? And I'm well aware of the reputation of this game. I'm not necessarily looking for a good game, it looks like it's good for some dumb fun and mindless violence. Does it at least do that well enough to justify a few bucks?

And does anybody know if these are separate keys? I'm only after Sonic.

Steamplay games can be registered as both mac and pc, dont worry about mac only version

Dr Dogg

Dead Rising 3 is one of those games that's easy to get 30fps but really hard to maintain 60fps. The Batman Arkham Origins bits work for SLI but they do cause the High and Medium level of shadows to flicker and don't play well with SMAA T2x and scaling in some scenes is only about 60% but it does the trick for the time being. Also it's probably worth noting that even if you're playing at 30fps it's worth unlocking the game and clamping the framerate with Afterburner/RSS as I was getting some odd frame timing issues with spikes and drops, especially whilst moving fast with the default lock in place.

Speaking of moving fast, texture streaming is really a bit wonky as I found traveling across town in reasonably fast car I get there before the higher res textures had swapped out for almost every object. And that's with the game installed on a rocket fast SSD. Takes about 5 seconds for everything return to normal.

I'm pretty sure you need a code to get more than tier 1. "After the first reward, all other rewards will only be available if you have redeemed your pre-order code."

Yeah upon relogging in last night that looks the case. Though the first rewards screen had some fruity description. Oh well free tat nonetheless.

I need word of wisdom from steamgaf, I wanna buy dreamcast collection, but I already have sanic, are these separate keys or one?
Also I haven't bought it until now because ports are bad, how bad are we talking?

A little late, and you might not care at this point, but I just bought it and it's a single key.

Sucks, because I only wanted Sonic.

Duke Nukem Forever: I'm well aware of the reputation of this game. I'm not necessarily looking for a good game, it looks like it's good for some dumb fun and mindless violence. Does it at least do that well enough to justify a few bucks?

Not really no.

Even at the most basic level (shooting aliens with guns), DNF is a failure. Half the time you're not even doing that though, instead you're solving puzzles, riding in vehicles, or doing something just plain boring and nonsensical.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/57900/

DNF is more of a "rabbit hole" game. You play it to see how deep it goes, how truly awful it gets.

Monooboe

Wolfenstein is the best first person single player campaign I've played since Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

Honestly I like it a lot better than Bioshock Infinite which I thought dragged on way too long at certain parts.

I agree completely! I so loved Wolfenstein, it's GOTY for me at the moment. I though I was finished with the corridor shooter genre but Wolfenstein reminded me that it wasn't the the genre that was at fault it was the games that were being released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With you being constantly either on Gaf or - I presume - the hunt for rare games, when do you actually find the time for your movie career? Or is that only an elaborate ruse for the off-chance of getting someday enough credentials to get close to your beloved Saoirse? :p

Haha, I'm not literally always here. This is my first post in about 12 hours. ;)

Duke Nukem Forever isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I'm in this camp. I was pleasantly surprised, but only slightly. That being said I don't think I could have stomached the game if the PC version hadn't been patched to support a concurrent weapon limit of four (up from the default of two).

That being said I don't think I could have stomached the game if the PC version hadn't been patched to support a concurrent weapon limit of four (up from the default of two).

It's pretty hilarious considering one of the achievements involves keeping a certain handgun throughout the ENTIRE game(the very first one you pick up).
Playing through a 10+ hour FPS with one gun(ignoring the useless handgun)...That's pretty nuts.

I'd give Gearbox credit for the patch but uh...they fixed something that should have never been broken in the first place.

Probably could have included an achievement called "Here's shit in your eye!"
Carry the turd from the intro through the entire game and then throw it at the final boss. That'd be interesting.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's pretty hilarious considering one of the achievements involves keeping a certain handgun throughout the ENTIRE game(the very first one you pick up).
Playing through a 10+ hour FPS with one gun(ignoring the useless handgun)...That's pretty nuts.

I'd give Gearbox credit for the patch but uh...they fixed something that should have never been broken in the first place.

Probably could have included an achievement called "Here's shit in your eye!"
Carry the turd from the intro through the entire game and then throw it at the final boss. That'd be interesting.
Or carry a garden gnome throughout the game and throw it in a rocket?

Morning Steam-GAF. I have a rotten cold coming on and I'm going on holiday on Friday. I'm hoping my incredible fitness and superhuman healing factor will kick in and I'll be back to my prime by then. In the meantime I will mope about and generally feel sorry for myself.

Any recommendations for games to play when you're sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom