• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally finished tits

pretty cool ending, lots of exposition but entertaining stuff and really sets things up for tits second son or whatever it's called

overall i think it was a pretty decent game, def riled up some nostalgia for ps1 rpgs and at moments it really lived up to my favorites, lots of fun characters (olivier <3) and when the story got going it was actually pretty entertaining. the whole wincest thing kind of weirded me out and tbh i'm kinda heart broken overall for estelle since poor girl doesn't seem to get a fucking break.

my biggest problem with the game is just on the gameplay side, i found almost all the sidequesting to not be much more than a waste of time and the dungeons and the combat were both pretty uninspiring in that they were never deep or interesting enough to amount to anything. it's all made worse cos your party just keeps changing. it takes like 35 hours for you to even be able to have a 4 member party for more than 10 minutes.

i mean i was totally hoping i would get to have a big ass party with like 6 or 8 members and plan turns and formations and strategize but nothing of that was really there. maybe in ng+ or something but i'm not really interested.

pacing is also kinda bad, for the better part of the first two chapters nothing really important happens and while the payoff for all the build up is actually pretty good, the road there is kind of a drag.

overall i'm kind of excited for tits 2 since the story really seems like it's going somewhere fun (
holy shit she actually told him!
) but i hope dem gameplay issues get sorted out

also i heard u get to play with anelace in tits 2 which makes it hype as fuck!

zkylon

zkylewd
f9409sM.jpg

why
dat's hot

meanwhile at valve someone just discovered the gradient tool in photoshop

Arthea

I know that wasn't directed at me, but you can hit the link I posted to my impressions if you're curious. :p

sorry I'm a bit busy with work now (shocking I know), I will try to find that link and read it later.
or you could post it again (><)

edited: zky, I'll comment on your post later too, please be excited

The_Monk

Morning my good GAFfers, hope everyone is doing okay in this fine Tuesday. Here's a warm espresso for those still waking up:

tea+(1).gif

I already miss having the front Steam page with lots of great deals, I think it's time for another sale. Who's with me?

Either way the upcoming months are going to be crazy, lot's of goodies coming, lot's of choices. I honestly been watching all the latest Beyond Earth gameplay videos and I can't wait to read some of your impressions, the game seems to be very pretty and relaxing, perfect for those afternoons when days are getting shorter.

BHK3

Banned
card trading is an absolute nightmare, I just want foils for some games and I get all these awful offers for a bunch of my cards or my dota stuff...I decline them and this is one of the responses.

ebea60e10b.jpg

I don't get why it's only through trading that you are told they are scammers and awful people, why not have it written on their profile? Like when they are vacbanned or trade banned?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Morning my good GAFfers, hope everyone is doing okay in this fine Tuesday. Here's a warm espresso for those still waking up:

tea+(1).gif

Much appreciated, I had a lovely hot chocolate to wake me up this morning, have a sore throat so anything to soothe it is going to go down well!

I should find something warm and fuzzy on Steam to enjoy. Although I have to make it through work for the next 7 hours or so first..

JustLynx

card trading is an absolute nightmare, I just want foils for some games and I get all these awful offers for a bunch of my cards or my dota stuff...I decline them and this is one of the responses.

I don't get why it's only through trading that you are told they are scammers and awful people, why not have it written on their profile? Like when they are vacbanned or trade banned?

use this site, i had no probs so far, and it's brilliant, saves a lot of searching http://www.steamtradematcher.com/

Jadax

ebea60e10b.jpg

This happens almost every other day if you're active on outpost - now I don't even bother declining the trade, just keep it up for a while so that the other person has this little little strand of hope that I may accept his lowball offer for my games.

Much more fun when they rage all over your trade threads on outpost after this.

BHK3

Banned
This happens almost every other day if you're active on outpost - now I don't even bother declining the trade, just keep it up for a while so that the other person has this little little strand of hope that I may accept his lowball offer for my games.

Much more fun when they rage all over your trade threads on outpost after this.
Yea I do the same, I keep the trades up. At least on outpost I can pubically tell them to fuck off and have everyone see it. I even got a little fanbase from telling off low ballers for a little bit before I finally left the scene.
use this site, i had no probs so far, and it's brilliant, saves a lot of searching http://www.steamtradematcher.com/
Gonna take a bit for it to match my 1600 steam items with other people, but I'll check it out :V

The_Monk

This is really sad, shame some people are so rude and insist or contributing with such toxity and negative comments in this hobby so frequently.

Much appreciated, I had a lovely hot chocolate to wake me up this morning, have a sore throat so anything to soothe it is going to go down well!

I should find something warm and fuzzy on Steam to enjoy. Although I have to make it through work for the next 7 hours or so first..

Have a great day at work, soon you will be at home relaxing for a bit, I hope! Hope that sore throat is nothing too serious. ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
All preparation for the big purge.

JaseC curled up in a ball rocking slowly, clutching a framed photo of Saoirse as his Steam count steadily drops, all around the country, people flock to him as their libraries are eradicated, his account alone remaining the last bastion of gaming. As numbers dwindle we lose bundle games, expansion packs, annual sequels, there aren't even visual novels left remaining, still the library count drops, lower, lower, 100 now, then 10, then 2, 1... a nation holds its breath as Bad Rats remains. Surely this will hold? Can this one game withstand the purge? For a moment, hope remains, then all is lost. Bad Rats is removed from JaseC's account. There is silence. Darkness. No more hope.

Then, a notification appears.

"You have received a gift copy of the game Wheelman on Steam".

JaseC lets loose a single tear. This is enough.

This is enough.

Tellaerin

Duke Nukem Forever is the first mainstream FPS in years to actually have something to say

I know you're kidding, but I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the production of that game would shoot down the suggestion that it was meant to have some sort of message with extreme prejudice. :p

Good to see you around these parts again more regularly, sir. You've been missed. : )

To try and get my writing back up to scratch I have decided on an endeavour that may be the death of me. I'm trying my best to write a Steam review for every game I beat. So far I have done it with three games in the past 2 weeks so I'm doing alright and hopefully can keep it up. Has anyone else tried this? Or do you just review Steam games you particularly loved or hated?

Ozium

I know you're kidding, but I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the production of that game would shoot down the suggestion that it was meant to have some sort of message with extreme prejudice. :p

I was only sort of kidding.. as I found the whole vanity and ego mechanic, along with the idiotic story to be a perfect counterpoint to the oh-so-serious call of duty games and their focusing on satisfying the player's ego over anything meaningful..

maybe I read too much into it, but that was my take away

maybe the devs didnt intend this but, like all great art, the interlocution between art and viewer are there

I was only sort of kidding.. as I found the whole vanity and ego mechanic, along with the idiotic story to be a perfect counterpoint to the oh-so-serious call of duty games and their focusing on satisfying the player's ego over anything meaningful..

maybe the devs didnt intend this but, like all great art, the interlocution between art and viewer are there

Bulletstorm did things like this. People Can Fly did it rather openly with the duty calls game they put out.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going to be in Europe until the 27th, but god dang it, I have October Horror Hype building within me. I'm going to go crazy with horror stuff this October.

So many horror games I'm going to play from Steam.

Tellaerin

That's a fair take on it. Its existence (and its relationship to the greater context in which it's embedded) says something, even if the developers weren't deliberately setting out to make a point with the story and mechanics.

Deques

Going to be in Europe until the 27th, but god dang it, I have October Horror Hype building within me. I'm going to go crazy with horror stuff this October.

So many horror games I'm going to play from Steam.

Europe is quite scary place to be in. Which part of Europe are you going to visit?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Europe is quite scary place to be in. Which part of Europe are you going to visit?
Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland. We've had one of our rental car widows shattered by someone trying to loot it, but we had nothing inside the car besides dirty laundry.

JustLynx

Is there any way to filter the games? and it seems a little buggy, says I have a lot of unfinished sets when I don't. I know the other filter is there but I don't want it scanning my entire backpack when I only need cards from a few set games.

I didn't get any problems with it, check the settings maybe, because you can set the searching to the way you like it
also, there's a filter at the bottom right

just play with it and you'll see its great

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Batman games were region locked on release?
And usually, how much for russian copies?

WB hasn't region-locked a single thing yet. Injustice is something of an exception, however: earlier in the year, Valve decided to place ACRTAG on a handful of games, and while WB removed it at first, it was later put back as somebody figured, "Well, if Valve thought we should, then maybe we should." I wouldn't look to that as a precedent, though, as Mordor is region-free.

JaseC curled up in a ball rocking slowly, clutching a framed photo of Saoirse as his Steam count steadily drops, all around the country, people flock to him as their libraries are eradicated, his account alone remaining the last bastion of gaming. As numbers dwindle we lose bundle games, expansion packs, annual sequels, there aren't even visual novels left remaining, still the library count drops, lower, lower, 100 now, then 10, then 2, 1... a nation holds its breath as Bad Rats remains. Surely this will hold? Can this one game withstand the purge? For a moment, hope remains, then all is lost. Bad Rats is removed from JaseC's account. There is silence. Darkness. No more hope.

Then, a notification appears.

"You have received a gift copy of the game Wheelman on Steam".

JaseC lets loose a single tear. This is enough.

This is enough.

tumblr_mgy8lxz3db1qb6ufkmb.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

tea+(1).gif

I already miss having the front Steam page with lots of great deals, I think it's time for another sale. Who's with me?

Either way the upcoming months are going to be crazy, lot's of goodies coming, lot's of choices. I honestly been watching all the latest Beyond Earth gameplay videos and I can't wait to read some of your impressions, the game seems to be very pretty and relaxing, perfect for those afternoons when days are getting shorter.
It's a very rainy morning here (with thunder and lightning too), so everything is right with the world (for now at least, I'm sure I'll find something to feel bad/complain about pretty soon :p).

For my wallet's sake, let's hope there are no more sales ever. Who am I kidding, bring them on!

I spent last night playing RE6. I might do it again tonight.

Good day to you too.

Tizoc

First come first served
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warlock -- MB-2883CA1BB725E5CC

t1410213639z1.png

Ozium

Ice cold Coca-Cola... I drink that.
Ozium... I spray that.
Faerie Solitaire... I play that.

I'm not a rapper.

Volimar

I wonder how Saoirse would react if she saw all the waifu-ness of her in this and the Appreciation page. I'd like to think she'd get a kick out of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how Saoirse would react if she saw all the waifu-ness of her in this and the Appreciation page. I'd like to think she'd get a kick out of it.

I remember her saying in an interview years ago that she used to Google herself out of curiosity until people started saying nasty things. GAF's appreciation thread is actually the first result for "Saoirse Ronan appreciation", so she wouldn't have to go digging very far, haha.

Tizoc

Have more RAWKIT LAWN CHAIRS in your Steam Library my good fellows
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Slug X -- MB-640DEFB583F97535 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 38 entrants total.

t1410268899z1.png

Arthea

finally finished tits....

I can see where are you coming from with dungeons not being all that great or sidequests not up to your standards, but your other complaints have more to do with what you want, not what's really bad in this game.
Firstly, combat isn't bad at or shallow, I don't know why you think so, as you don't explain.
Secondly, I really can't agree with "bad pacing". I understand that you didn't like doing sidequests, they felt as a chore (bracer ones), but you don't need to do most of them, you know that, don't you? You could ignore them entirely and even if you don't, how pacing is bad if there is always something happening?
As you say, characters are great, it's one of small amount of games where I await characters to comment or react instead of waiting for them to shut up.
I think the way you are given characters at some time when your paths cross and then they leave you is not a bad thing at all. I understand wanting everyone to dance around you awaiting your commands, but that's not go things work, wouldn't you agree?
And most importantly you don't mention one thing that can get somewhat bad in this game: backtracking. The way sidequests and story events are handled makes you move back and forth a bit too much to my liking.
and how could you not mention cooking, fishing, orb making and other fun?!

anyway, I agree with you that awaiting SC (second chapter) will be really hard.

I see your point, but "humour" turned me off this game completely, I can understand being not bothered by it, though, if you enjoy the rest what a game has to offer.

The_Monk

Good to see you around these parts again more regularly, sir. You've been missed. : )

Thanks, I'm trying to keep up with you all fine people the best I can but still, there's plenty I miss (I still don't get the thread title after so many pages).

It's a very rainy morning here (with thunder and lightning too), so everything is right with the world (for now at least, I'm sure I'll find something to feel bad/complain about pretty soon :p).

Ah my good man, you always loved rain and so do I. Rain in games? Even better!

I spent last night playing RE6. I might do it again tonight.

Good day to you too.

Hey todd, glad to catch you here, I haven't seen you in some time. :)

I finished the console version of RE6 some time ago and I had great fun playing Co-op from start to finish. It's a decent action game, not a true RE title however. Either way I plan on replaying on PC for the greater experience and just so I can stay in the main menu for a while before entering the game. I simply love this theme right here. Just by listening I have some good nostalgia from when I played with a friend. Good times. It also reminds me of Batman for some reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
and dark souls spidercove beaten for the fifth time

no sunbros needed by now but still pretty stressful

what's nice of having beaten the game so many times is that i use consumables so freely now and it makes everything so much more manageable

but yea fuck dem spiders, girly zky may hate em but manly mustache zky aint afraid of no shitty spiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom