• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Developers get a cut on card sales right?

I don't understand why some games don't have cards and wallpapers

especially waifu cards and wallpapers

I asked myself the same thing just recently, in specific to Ubisoft titles. I mean, slam some cards on your latest AssCreed XIV and for the few hours of work you'll get plenty of easy money for months/years. No idea why they wouldn't want to do it.

Strazyplus

zX6YQf0.gif

Thats funny but what is that that caused the cat to do that?

kiyomi

Welp, after 75 hours I've finally finished Divinity: Original Sin and it crashed at the beginning of the ending credits.
Someone knows if there's something interesting during or after the credits or I'm good to go?

(Also I may write something about it in the next few hours, but meanwhile I've just have to thank Milena again for having gifted me what I'm pretty sure will be my GOTY!)

Congrats. I'm 5 hours in and I've only made it as far as running around the first town. ( ._.)

Grief.exe

Something interesting just dawned on me about the card market. Only half the owners of games can create badges.

Of course, only a minority of total owners will want to craft badges so there will never be supply problems. Still interesting though.

Ozium

I asked myself the same thing just recently, in specific to Ubisoft titles. I mean, slam some cards on your latest AssCreed XIV and for the few hours of work you'll get plenty of easy money for months/years. No idea why they wouldn't want to do it.

because uPlay

was there ever a proper guess or hint to what this is

from 2011 said:
And Gabe has a few ideas of his own - including a top-secret project in development that won't be ready for another five years. "The next five years, when you look back, it's going to make today look like the stone ages," he says before disappearing around a corner.

Stars of Blood? :(

or Keighley took it out of context, looking at the last sentence?

Copons

Something interesting just dawned on me about the card market. Only half the owners of games can create badges.

Of course, only a minority of total owners will want to craft badges so there will never be supply problems. Still interesting though.

Even considering booster packs?

(I'm asking because I'm not even able to think of the mad math I'd need here :D )

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

(I'm asking because I'm not even able to think of the mad math I'd need here :D )

No assume all badges have an even number of cards and players are allowed 50% of the total in drops and that every card is dropped in an equal amount to the other cards.

They'd probably do it

on uPlay

That really depends on how boosters actually drop and I don't think anyone knows how it works exactly.

But let's assume that game X becomes unavailable to buy right now so there are enough cards for 50% of the owners to craft one badge. If boosters continue to drop at certain intervals, at some point, everybody should be able to craft a badge. So theoretically it's possible I guess.

Deques

Looks like the Dragonfall DLC for Shadowrun is going to be removed. Anyone know of a trader who got it for cheap? Most of them are selling it for 5 keys, kinda too much

Chariot

I am through with Saint's Row IV, 84%, with only collectable stuff missing. I hate collecting, so I gonna skip that. Was a fun ride, although I was a bit exhausted, after I finished reconquering the city. I would've wished for something special to happen when hitting 100% territory :(
In any case, very excited for Gat out of Hell and further sequels.

Is the general consensus that Origins isn't as good as the other Arkham games? It's the only one I haven't played.
It is the general consens, especially for fans of Asylum. Some people were already uneasy about City being open world and thus a little less dense. But City managed to keep everything in a rather small area, so the open world was bursting with things to do and to see. Origins has a very nice story, some enjoyed it more than the other ones, but it makes a lot wrong when it comes to the open world aspects. The world is to big with too few things to do, aside from collecting random riddler stuff, combat is deliberately slower due Batman being in a heavier suit at that time and swinging around isn't much fun when it's very inconsistent where you can hook to. But by all means, it's not a bad game and I would never recommend to skip it. Just be aware, that's is neither as tight as Asylum, nor as fun in the open world as City.

Copons

You are right. I didn't put some of the considerations such as booster packs, or not every person unlocks their cards for simplicity.

That really depends on how boosters actually drop and I don't think anyone knows how it works exactly.

But let's assume that game X becomes unavailable to buy right now so there are enough cards for 50% of the owners to craft one badge. If boosters continue to drop at certain intervals, at some point, everybody should be able to craft a badge. So theoretically it's possible I guess.

Well, we know that every time someone crafts a badge, a booster "spawns" in someone inventory.
What we don't know is WHICH GAME's booster spawns. I mean, if I craft a Wheelman badge, the new booster will be a Wheelman's or, like an OutRun's?

Also, I don't know if this would change anything. :D

Shadowrun is so good; the writing in it is top notch. Playing Divinity made me want to go back to it. Apparently I had stopped just before the final level because I don't like to ever finish games.

Tell me about it. Tomb Raider has paralyzed me. I'm at the last campsite, the "point of no return." I don't know if I want to go back to that shitty Shantytown that I hate to find the last GPS things, then go back to the shipwreck village and go hunting for mines that may or may not be bugged, or just finish the game uncompleted.

That "why aren't you on PC" thread is something else let me tell you. I've given up trying to convince people to try PC gaming in real life and after reading that thread I don't think I'm going to try online anymore either lol. Couches and controllers seem to be the "killer app exclusive" of consoles apparently, as I sit on my couch with a controller playing my PC. That thread was a really strange thing to read this early in the morning.

Indignate

I'm playing through my friend's copy at the moment as well and I'm really liking the story and combat. I'm really looking forward to Dragonfall's Director Cut too now. The only thing I don't really care for is the decking. The areas are boring and I don't like being stuck with one person instead of my whole crew in the real world.

I actually thought that the Matrix areas were pretty neat and the combination of doing that while your team was fighting in the real word was fun, until it became difficult to get by some of those areas since the people that you can hire suck at doing it efficiently.

fantomena

The GMG people must have married some of the top bosses at 2K.

It's like every week:

* Phone beeps. you have received mail*
* Checking: New Sale from GMG!"
* Me: Yes! Please be seomthing new and cool!*
* GMG: Here is a good selection of great 2K game sales *
* Me: Oh....nevermind *

This can also relate to SEGA.

Dr Dogg

That "why aren't you on PC" thread is something else let me tell you. I've given up trying to convince people to try PC gaming in real life and after reading that thread I don't think I'm going to try online anymore either lol. Couches and controllers seem to be the "killer app exclusive" of consoles apparently, as I sit on my couch with a controller playing my PC. That thread was a really strange thing to read this early in the morning.

Here's one of my musings on the matter whenever "The PC" as a platform gets brought up. We are all on such a wide ranging a differing set of hardware, operating systems and vendors completely but outside of the hardcore tech forums I visit to get on my soap box there is very little in-fighting between the community. Someone on a 6 year old laptop can get advice from someone with $2,000's worth of GPUs and be on good terms or even play the same games together. Now go visit any thread on one of the internets various gaming communities about both the newer consoles and the previous generation and you'll find a lot of them fighting amongst themselves despite there being next to fuck all difference between them. Do you see folks with SLI setup saying "the power gap is huge" to others who have integrated graphics?

It would be nice if we could all get along but in The Wild West that in the internet it's been a song and dance as old as the hills. There's some really nice folks on here who only play on consoles and from my travelings around here they are in the majority it's just the noisy ones that dampen the mood sadly. But hey such is life.

Releases in a few weeks.

Hahaha does this count as a new release? Bizarre after ashecitism said something yesterday.

Edit: Hold on? What on earth is this? Is this published under licence or something?

It's like every week:

lmfaooo, right!? I had to unsubcribe from their email list cause it was always 2k this 2k that, with some sega in between.

It's like every week:

Followed shortly by, "Have my Playfire rewards deposited yet? Nope, okay, I'll wait until next week when the 2K games are on sale again and check then!" Repeat.

Teeth

Tell me about it. Tomb Raider has paralyzed me. I'm at the last campsite, the "point of no return." I don't know if I want to go back to that shitty Shantytown that I hate to find the last GPS things, then go back to the shipwreck village and go hunting for mines that may or may not be bugged, or just finish the game uncompleted.

Just ask yourself: "Will finding the collectables be fun for me?"

If the answer is "no" then don't do it, just complete the game. The collectables mean absolutely nothing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eww. Nexon? As in....NEXON?
Edit: Hold on? What on earth is this? Is this published under licence or something?

Yeah, several years ago Valve partnered with Nexon to develop Counter-Strike games aimed at Asian markets. Zombies is the first such title to be distributed through Steam, though.

More specifically, it looks like Counter Strike Nexon Zombies is based off of Counter Strike Online 2, which is a F2P CS that Nexon made specifically for Korea. It looks like it takes a lot of inspiration from CSGO but Nexon developed it entirely by themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online_2

Actually, Zombies is a spin-off of the original. CSO = GoldSrc, CSO2 = Source.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I actually thought that the Matrix areas were pretty neat and the combination of doing that while your team was fighting in the real word was fun, until it became difficult to get by some of those areas since the people that you can hire suck at doing it efficiently.
I don't like how a lot of the fights in there are 1v4. I don't want to image how hard it must be on the higher difficulties.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yeah, several years ago Valve partnered with Nexon to develop Counter-Strike games aimed at Asian markets. Zombies is the first such title to be distributed through Steam, though.

Actually, Zombies is a spin-off of the original. CSO = GoldSrc, CSO2 = Source.
Huh. I don't know what to make of it but interesting, I guess?

NOTE: This is DLC for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, you have to own the base game to use this DLC, it should work, I just bought it from GMG and tried to redeem it only to discover I don't own LoS2 as a matter of fact, in other news, I am an idiot, enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Castlevania: LOS 2 Armored Dracula DLC Skin -- MB-88DAD0CEB26549AC - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.

t1410278859z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom