• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Daily SPAZ 80% off
Midweek
  • Banner Saga 50% off
  • Van Helsing Franchise 50% off

Humble Day 2
  • Batman Citrus GOTY 5€
  • Broforce 9€
  • Child of LIght 7.5€
  • Monaco 1.20€
  • Reflex MX vs ATV 0.80€
  • Prison Architect 8.66€
  • State of Decay 6.33€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 Going East 2€
  • Dust 2.5€
  • War in the North 5€
  • Legend of Dungeon 1.88€
  • Not the Robots 2€
  • Capsized 0.8€
  • Memoria 5€
  • Ascendant 4€

(reposting for new page in case people miss it over the fold)

They planned to release it in two episodes, from what I heard.

Indeed. The real issue was the fact that they put it on early access asking for more money after already getting over 3 million. Then announced Elijah Wood in the voice cast and everyone went nuts because he sounds expensive. I get why people would be angry but I'm not too miffed by it.

That "why aren't you on PC" thread is something else let me tell you. I've given up trying to convince people to try PC gaming in real life and after reading that thread I don't think I'm going to try online anymore either lol. Couches and controllers seem to be the "killer app exclusive" of consoles apparently, as I sit on my couch with a controller playing my PC. That thread was a really strange thing to read this early in the morning.

I'm 5 posts in and it's already ridiculous.

I'd hate to play online with "PC Master Race" kids. This is probably the biggest, as I find most vocal proponents for PC gaming to be insufferable.

...wot?

Deques

NOTE: This is DLC for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, you have to own the base game to use this DLC, it should work, I just bought it from GMG and tried to redeem it only to discover I don't own LoS2 as a matter of fact, in other news, I am an idiot, enjoy.

Thanks for the DLC :)

I'm 5 posts in and it's already ridiculous.

...wot?

I'm trying to keep a level head and just read it for comedy but the misinformation that some of these people have about PC gaming just blows my mind, they seem to be terrified by the smallest things like updating drivers, something I don't think twice about during 5 minutes it takes to do, it's just really strange.

Thanks for the DLC :)

You're welcome! :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow at the Van Helsing II DLC being on sale, I wonder if it's a mistake. :p

It doesn't get better. I don't think it's worth trying to educate people anymore. Either they will or will not get into it.

People believe what they believe and sometimes you just can't change it. I get some people and there are legit reasons to NOT want to do PC gaming (initial investment, lack of exclusives)...but yeah. Some are just NOPE.gif.

Making games is expensive.

The second part is coming though.

I wonder what would have been delivered if they only got the original $300k they were asking for? A Scribbled cartoon on a coffee stained napkin? I know they said it would be a small flash quality game but that was out of their price range.

Tizoc

How's MX vs ATV Reflex?
It's $1 on Humble Bundle and I wouldn't mind racing games like this if they give a 'sense of speed'.

derExperte

How's MX vs ATV Reflex?
It's $1 on Humble Bundle and I wouldn't mind racing games like this if they give a 'sense of speed'.

It's about off-road races so you won't get Burnout but what are the alternatives? The free roaming is nice for a while, see Motocross Madness, the car/truck races are too easy and the bike races too hard. Physics feel good. Don't know what more to say, it's been over three years now.

Soon what? My hands tingle, too. Please give 'em a reason to return tingling where they should tingle.

I don't know about that tingling business you have going on there but I just think it can't be long now before a sale on Steam.

Turfster

Chainsaw warrior is a 60% off 24 hour flash sale on Steam.
It's... not a very good port, though.
(How do you fuck up a board/card game?)

I think I'm just going to give up on Dead Rising 3 for now until the stability improves. Without only a limited amount of time to game, I don't have time to put up with this crap. 3 hours in and I can't enter the diner.

It's a shame, because it seems hella fun.

Khronico

How's MX vs ATV Reflex?

It's a pretty good offroad racing game with an extremely satisfying physics and track deformation system, I don't remember how the sense of speed is though, I played the PS3 demo like 3 years ago. It's definitely worth one dollar.

Parsnip

I wonder what would have been delivered if they only got the original $300k they were asking for? A Scribbled cartoon on a coffee stained napkin? I know they said it would be a small flash quality game but that was out of their price range.

Yup, they had a really small scope for the original pitch and that obviously changed with the money. They also bumped up the documentary crew cut from the original 100K to something more, can't remember exactly how much that was though.

The docu has been great, by the way. Everyone should watch it once they start selling it (they may already be selling the first half of that too).

That might be the case, but why ask for Elijah Wood, when you can find cheaper and also good VAs in America?
Who knows. Elijah has adventure game cred. Collusion!
They have pumped their own money to the project for a good while now, I'm not going to complain if they fund the rest of it from their own pockets as long as they deliver the full game in the end.

Chariot

I think I'm just going to give up on Dead Rising 3 for now until the stability improves. Without only a limited amount of time to game, I don't have time to put up with this crap. 3 hours in and I can't enter the diner.

It's a shame, because it seems hella fun.
Something I catched in the Dead Rising issue thread: could you install older drivers? Some people with nvidia installed older ones and got huge improvements. Installing the game on a SSD gives a lot of improvement too.

edit: Oh, you already posted there. Nevermind then.

Well, at least Magic is sort of complex.
Chainsaw Warrior is "pick a card, stuff happens, pick the next card" etc
It's a mystery then. I have yet to see a better cardgame on the PC than the Yugioh games. Not even Hearthstone gives me as much fun as the fairly simple Yugioh games did.

Nikodemos

Welp, this day had to come eventually. Latest update busted Steam on my desktop. I guess Valve eventually dropped compatibility with ancient crap like my machine.

I'm finding it really difficult to pick something to play and I'm skirting the line of playing CS:GO Competitive. Does anyone have any advice or resources to learn how to play that game? I'm terrible at CS but have always admired the skill required from the outside looking in.

Minimum requirements for Resident Evil Remake, now online:

Processor: Quad Core or Six Core CPU
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 12 graphics card with 8 GB video RAM
DirectX: Version 12
Hard Drive: 266 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Capcom also said this:

"We are aiming to replicate the originale Playstation experience here, so we can say you now, officially, that the game will fully support 640x480 resolution with 10 frames per second. You can also use your i device to control Jill or Chris, or both of them, intruducing a brand new two sticks cooperative mode in which the player must collect a good amoun of herbs in a little time frame."
This isn't funny. :<

Capcom also said this:

"We are aiming to replicate the originale Playstation experience here, so we can say you now, officially, that the game will fully support 640x480 resolution with 10 frames per second. You can also use your i device to control Jill or Chris, or both of them, intruducing a brand new two sticks cooperative mode in which the player must collect a good amoun of herbs in a little time frame."

Oh how I wish this was true haha. That twin-stick mode would be pretty great, although much better maybe in RE:0.

Deques

Capcom also said this:

regbc-610.jpg

Looks like a joke

Chariot

eh I'm on AMD. I'd just rather spend my time actually playing games instead of getting games to work. Too much fun with Payday 2 right now anyway.
Fair enough. It's just sad that this game has so many problems, I hope they're working on a patch. The game is quite fun.

Also: is Steam ok right now? I can't access the website.

Jawmuncher

Capcom also said this:

"We are aiming to replicate the original Playstation experience here, so we can say you now, officially, that the game will fully support 640x480 resolution with 10 frames per second. You can also use your i device to control Jill or Chris, or both of them, intruducing a brand new two sticks cooperative mode in which the player must collect a good amoun of herbs in a little time frame."

regbc-610.jpg

That's one hell of a joke.

rtcn63

Hey, at least Capcom had the mind to include the Xbox-exclusive Crushed Blacks™ filter. Damned ungrateful PC elitists. Go back to your toy Indians and basement cupboards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like the Gabriel Knight remake is yet another one for the pre-order pile (OST).

That's a sodium rich post :p

;)

Oh I had a look in town earlier and didn't see anything Rugby Challenge 2 related and even asked one if the independant retailers here if they ever had stock of it. It only showed up in their catalogue from their wholesaler for PS3 and 360 so I get the feeling this is a somewhat elusive release. If I ever see a copy I'll grab you one but I think there's more chance of you getting a copy of The Wheelman to be honest.

Yeah, I can't say I was expecting you to find a copy. Thanks for trying.

Edit: Call of Juarez is back and available everywhere again. The app hasn't been touched at all so who knows why it was yanked in the first place.

Arthea

Fair enough. It's just sad that this game has so many problems, I hope they're working on a patch. The game is quite fun.

Also: is Steam ok right now? I can't access the website.

I was about to post that I can't access community at all, I even get an error message, something I never seen before! volvo is evolving, that's scary

wait what Gabriel Knight remake? That's first I hear about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom