• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steamworld Dig -- MB-955E773C287F56A4 - Taken by derExperte. 20 entrants total.
Gone Home -- MB-5A28400B95027B78 - Taken by Scipius. 26 entrants total.

t1410298420z1.png

Gunpoint is very fun and unique game. It's also not too long either which is something people with long backlogs should appreciate.

Its length really the only downside, especially since he added workshop support. I got my money's worth at $10. $1 is a steal. Seriously everyone needs to try Gunpoint

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gunpoint -- MB-A6EC33537A00FF6B - Taken by Freedom = $1.05

Haunted

Hack 'n' Slash is now out of Early Access. That was fast.

It's 33% off for a week. Anyone have updated impressions?

More here.
Just saw the official release announcement on Steam.

Where's the big fanfare? Where's the OT? Don't let this little game go quietly, I thought the AF prototype had tons of potential.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gunpoint -- MB-A6EC33537A00FF6B - Taken by Freedom = $1.05

thanks to those who recommended it and especially to the anon nice person!!!!

dani_dc

Hack 'n' Slash is now out of Early Access. That was fast.

It's 33% off for a week. Anyone have updated impressions?

More here.

Had no idea this existed, looks like it could be an interesting game, worried it might be a bit too easy to "break" so to say, but I'll keep my eye on it none the less.

For the folks playing Gone Home for the first time... go in with an open mind and explore the house properly. It's not immediately obvious but the game actually has four stories being told simultaneously and only one of them is narrated. You get the rest from reading the notes, diaries, letters and through inference and extrapolation. That's why it's important to be patient and read all the notes that you'd usually skip in other games because they will allow you to link up the stories at the end. These other three stories are slice of life vignettes that could prove interesting even if you don't enjoy the highly controversial main story of the game.

Another important aspect of the game is the mid 90s atmosphere that it painstakingly recreates. I've always felt that the game would best be enjoyed by people in their 30s or higher who have lived through that period for the nostalgia it evokes. I'm sure there are quite a few teenagers today who wouldn't know how annoying it used to be when someone returned a VHS cassette without having the decency to rewind it ;)

And don't get stuck in this 'it's not a real game' thing. You might not like it and heck, you might even end up thinking that it was a waste of money, but I doubt any of you fine folks will be of the opinion that it should never have existed in the first place.

Teeth

Just saw the official release announcement on Steam.

Where's the big fanfare? Where's the OT? Don't let this little game go quietly, I thought the AF prototype had tons of potential.

It's one of the biggest problems (for developers) of Early Access. Once your game is actually released, it's a complete non-event.

That said, I get the feeling that Hack and Slash is the type of game that is an amazing concept that doesn't translate as well to actually playing it. I still think it's pretty great though.

These other three stories are slice of life vignettes that could prove interesting even if you don't enjoy the highly controversial main story of the game.

There is nothing controversial about the main story. Actually scratch that, the only controversy that I saw was from some in the LGBT community decrying it's complete lack of context to the oppressive nature of actually being gay during that time period. That it's too soft on the world. Particularly, that the ending
should not be considered "happy", as two high school age girls with no support systems running out into an oppressive world usually leads to bad things, not "freedom".

Freezard

I went with the $10 tier, I was missing 4 games so it was like paying $2.50 each which is around the same as a 75%off sale on Steam.

Prison architect has never been lower than $10 so getting it for 1/4 that price is already a good deal.

Yeah I suppose I'll just get the $10 bundle then, even though I don't support the early access system. Hopefully not all of the games are simulators/sandbox cause I hate that D:

Parsnip

According to the mighty modbot, these games are still available on this giveaway. Syberia II is pretty great at least.

Runespell: Overture -- MB-665DDC29724911F2
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-3E5543A7B7B8E285 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-8577FB141F931515 - Taken by Aerocrane
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-2B6FAF37FD635148 - Taken by nja
Greed: Black Border -- MB-548A699BDDA0FEFC - Taken by agniswarm
Space Hack -- MB-E80F835E1F938DBB - Taken by billmcdougal
Syberia II -- MB-8C6B32D21EB150CF - Taken by ndawgdrake. 1 entrants total.
Orbital Gear -- MB-EBFDB6AC09F256CB - Taken by bronson
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes -- MB-00B531F26D174598 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.

For the folks playing Gone Home for the first time... go in with an open mind and explore the house properly. It's not immediately obvious but the game actually has four stories being told simultaneously and only one of them is narrated. You get the rest from reading the notes, diaries, letters and through inference and extrapolation. That's why it's important to be patient and read all the notes that you'd usually skip in other games because they will allow you to link up the stories at the end. These other three stories are slice of life vignettes that could prove interesting even if you don't enjoy the highly controversial main story of the game.

Another important aspect of the game is the mid 90s atmosphere that it painstakingly recreates. I've always felt that the game would best be enjoyed by people in their 30s or higher who have lived through that period for the nostalgia it evokes. I'm sure there are quite a few teenagers today who wouldn't know how annoying it used to be when someone returned a VHS cassette without having the decency to rewind it ;)

And don't get stuck in this 'it's not a real game' thing. You might not like it and heck, you might even end up thinking that it was a waste of money, but I doubt any of you fine folks will be of the opinion that it should never have existed in the first place.

Yeah, absolutely this. I enjoyed the true sense of exploration and discovering a story throughout seeing the whole house.

Well said, and seconded.

Edit: Thirded?

liezryou

Not sure if this was mentioned, but alien isolation price just went up in ukraine to be on par with the russian price (2$ up to 27$).

Kanokare

Wow! Congratulations dude! I always assume that no one actually wins those things. Good luck on the interview!

Thanks to Spoderman on CAG, one of the games is this: Star Traders 4X Empires

Thanks! I've actually won stuff from EVGA before too. I won one of those huge mouse pads from Thermal and a Turtle Beach Headset, I think Z2?

I received a call yesterday about a p/t job I applied for, but by the time I realised I had a missed call it was too late (it was an eastern states number); fortunately, though, the position will be advertised for another few weeks, so I doubt I missed my chance. The hard part, if all goes well, will be resisting the urge to spend the extra income on silly things like a replacement SSD (because my current one likes to lock up and has corrupted itself twice now) or a new monitor (because my current one is quite literally falling apart). I'm eyeing the 900 series myself and had originally intended to upgrade in time for AssCreed Unity, but I'll probably instead hold off on that until after the Winter Sale because games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9050/

Ohh. Hope it all pulls through for you as well dude! I really want AssCreed Unity too but I may be picking it up on Xbone depending on which of my friends get it. I too must resist the urge for more games. About 400 on Steam and all I play is CS:GO and FF14!

Picked up Pixel Junk Shooter for little under a pound on Humble's sale. Stunning little game visually, very playful. About what I'd expect from that studio. Audio is the most interesting thing about it to me. Would love to know what inspired them. I get a fantastic voyage vibe from the whole thing. Got a foil out of it as well, but it's not worth too much.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

FEAR 2 -- MB-0E06466A4F96DFCB - Taken by pupo
FEAR 3 -- MB-8230AA7B5DE6E2D2 - Taken by nja

This bundle was great timing, I was just thinking about replaying the original.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We need to spam Atlus' twitter to release that thing on Steam.
Even with the 'gamepad' interface.

Fuck it, I'll take the gamepad interface if it means SMT on Steam.

Thanks to Spoderman on CAG, one of the games is this: Star Traders 4X Empires

Ehh, on one hand, it's not really that interesting looking.

On the other hand, the dev says that it will have cards on launch.

Still not sure.

Copons

Oh hell, I was in doubt if buying the current Humble Bundle 10$ tier or preordering a 1059€ iPhone 6 Plus 128GB.

In the end I chose the bundle but eh, I may regret it.

Copons

You still can buy three $349 iWatches.

OMG, my brain just froze at the 1059€ iPhone so I thought you were joking here.

Instead WOAH they look like really really kitsch, especially if compared to the Moto 360.
I don't know anything about their actual functions, but at least the Moto one looks like a gadget dropped from the future or something, and not some kind of lame jewel that people are gonna trade in for cash to buy a proper 1059€ iPhone.

Annubis

What's the point of a watch nowadays anyway?
If I want to know what time it is, I'll just slip my cellphone out of my pocket for a second.
I don't need an inferior duplicate =/

EDIT: ^ Beaten.......... I guess ?

Well DR2 is good. But RE5 is utterly shit.
Uhh no. It's still one of the best Action Games from last gen.
Nah, I'd agree with RE5 being fairly bad too. Not a Resident Evil game while simultaneously a poor imitation of RE4, shoe-horned co-op with no unique mechanics of note, inventory streamlined, melodramatic, Matrix Wesker and Jill (ugh) alongside blockhead Chris for stars of the show, neutered violence, on-rail sections and zombies with guns coupled with typical cover-based shooter nonsense, et cetera. Even if it had a different name, there's not a whole lot to it that is actually that well executed in order to elevate itself.

At least the out-of-place rockpunching gave me a good laugh for all the wrong reasons.

Well put. And yet you are not a professional gaming journalist. But this dude is: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dead-rising-3-apocalypse-edition-review/1900-6415861/
Honestly that rating not too far off from what I'd give Dead Rising 3 if I actually believed in a score system. I'll just ignore some of the reviewer's tangets.

It is riddled with bad game design like you wouldn't believe. Then the Untold Story episodes kick up it a notch in awfulness.

AHA-Lambda

I still don't understand the appeal/purpose of smartwatches. Then again I also have no need for a tablet either.

PC, watch and phone. I'm set.

rickyson1

is adding money to a humble bundle order after the fact to move up tiers easy to do?

I definitely want the $1 tier since I don't have any of them but don't really want to bother with anything higher even though prison architect looks sort of interesting since I already have papers please and gone home

was thinking i'd get the $1 tier now and bump it up to the prison architect tier if whatever gets added in a week is any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom