• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

What's the point of a watch nowadays anyway?
If I want to know what time it is, I'll just slip my cellphone out of my pocket for a second.
I don't need an inferior duplicate =/

EDIT: ^ Beaten.......... I guess ?
Be a use I can check my watch much much faster then I can check my phone. It's also a pain to pull out if your hands or full. Also every time you take out the phone you increase the chance of dropping it.

Chariot

What's the point of a watch nowadays anyway?
If I want to know what time it is, I'll just slip my cellphone out of my pocket for a second.
I don't need an inferior duplicate =/

EDIT: ^ Beaten.......... I guess ?
Not quite. Ellen is making fun of the fact that we used to read time from a watch on the wrist, moved to our cellphones and now are apparently back to to wristwatches.

I think wrist watches are quite useful. There are some moments in life where it's not possible to use a phone. When the battery is empty, when you can't use a phone in an area or when you're held hostage by some bank robbers who collect all cellphones and you just forgot your google glasses that day. But cellphone watches are silly in my opinion - unless you can use them as MP3 players. That would be kind of cool when you have long sleeves.
An Apple iWatch, just when you thought spotting hipsters couldn't get an easier!
iSundial incoming

derExperte

OMG, my brain just froze at the 1059€ iPhone so I thought you were joking here.

Instead WOAH they look like really really kitsch, especially if compared to the Moto 360.
I don't know anything about their actual functions, but at least the Moto one looks like a gadget dropped from the future or something, and not some kind of lame jewel that people are gonna trade in for cash to buy a proper 1059€ iPhone.

If they have an iWatch but no iPhone they might as well trade it in as apparently it won't function without one.

Not so sure about the Moto looking much better though and I just read an article that they use really old tech inside and downgraded the battery, runtime is about one day. Apple conveniently didn't mention theirs so it's probably bad too right now. It's just a weird product category and they need to slim these things down before you can wear one whithout earning strange looks.

Hanzou

is adding money to a humble bundle order after the fact to move up tiers easy to do?

I definitely want the $1 tier since I don't have any of them but don't really want to bother with anything higher even though prison architect looks sort of interesting since I already have papers please and gone home

was thinking i'd get the $1 tier now and bump it up to the prison architect tier if whatever gets added in a week is any good
I believe that is how it works.

Sorry in advance if I've messed up, this is the first giveaway I've done where HB has given you the option to connect to steam, so hopefully I've not messed something up. It should be ok though. gonna give another one away if this works. It should be ok though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pyroclastic:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pyroclastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steamworld Dig -- MB-DCB880FCD34F7915 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 14 entrants total.

t1410299140z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I knew you like Suikoden, (didn't know that much, though), I was kinda pulling your leg, also referencing that we all Suikoden people tend to want all games to be like Suikoden.
i don't consider myself suikoden ppl -_-

it is a really good series tho

IDK man, Trails is great, I'm kinda amazed that you seem not to like it all that much. Oh, and characters are great, there is no denying that, you can try, but you won't be successful.
i dunno i thought agate was undoing so much good will it was hard to fall in love with anyone

except my anelace <3

megaten dungeons are the hell, glad you noticed it. I always imagine that's how hell must feel like (><)
yea they're pretty bad but at least in design they're headache inducing mindfuckers which i enjoy. nocturne in particular is fucking insane, which i like

believe me when I say you better not, that's like unlimited time sinks, Civs way even.
yea i guess

i should just play fire emblem damnit

tbh my biggest srpg disappointment ever is front mission 5 being so fucking bad

i mean it might have to do with the fan translation being not so great but damn i hated the hell out of that game

Hope zkylon doesn't check the thread
good thing i sleep in the afternoons ~.~?

Vuze

I still don't understand the appeal/purpose of smartwatches. Then again I also have no need for a tablet either.

PC, watch and phone. I'm set.

Me neither, especially if you have to carry around your phone with it to work. Imo that's a step back instead of forward.
And I especially expected more design-wise from Apple. Except for the Milanese Loop and Steel Link models they really don't look appealing to me. But we'll see. Looking forward to try one at least.

Copons

Not so sure about the Moto looking much better and I just read an article that they use really old tech inside and downgraded the battery, runtime is about one day. Apple conveniently didn't mention theirs so it's probably bad too right now. It's just a weird product category and they need to slim these things down before you can wear one whithout earning strange looks.

No, yeah, I wasn't talking about features (also because I don't care enough to read about them more than what I need to make fun of them :D ).
But the Moto 360 being round... it is so sleek, beautiful, future looking and most importantly, it could be mistaken for a normal watch.
The Apple one has this wannabe luxury vibe, I don't know, it makes me think of those early 2000s cell phones designed by some exclusive fashion company, like D&G or somehting, with like jewels encrusted, and they were supposed to be sold to rich women, but instead I've actually never see nor heard anyone using them. :D

bigace33

I still don't understand the appeal/purpose of smartwatches. Then again I also have no need for a tablet either.

PC, watch and phone. I'm set.

Tabs are great for reading books, comics, and gaming mags like Gameinformer. As of late mine has been a life saver because my GPS conked out (my phone) so I've been using mine as a GPS. Like someone said, if you are gonna be out and want to surf the net it's better than lugging around a laptop.

rickyson1

man i already played em all, it's one of my favorite jrpg series

I knew you like Suikoden, (didn't know that much, though), I was kinda pulling your leg, also referencing that we all Suikoden people tend to want all games to be like Suikoden.

I like to occasionally plug this when this kind of topic comes up,have you ever played exit fate? if you aren't opposed to rpg maker games(although it does have it's own art at least) it's a pretty solid game that was heavily inspired by Suikoden(massive amount of possible party members,a castle that gets built up throughout the game,it even has an army combat thing pretty similar to Suikoden 2 etc,it was all made by one person too which is kinda cool),it's free and fairly long(I haven't played it in years but I wanna say....30ish hours maybe?)

here's a link to it

http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10

Volimar

So @NeoGAFShitPosts is retiring because of what it deems to be bad bans from the admins lately. Ouch.

I wonder if WatchGAF is all over the iWatch...

/looks

Nope.

As for me, I'm perfectly happy with my Swatch Touch. I'll never buy an Apple product anyway. Maybe someday when smartwatches aren't so thick I'll consider getting one.

That swatch is sweet.

A-Train 9 Premium 3.0 should be arriving a month behind schedule.

Doc Clarke said:
For the first time, Degica, the new publisher of A-Train here, have had the opportunity to prepare a game in the franchise for launch worldwide.
A-Train 9 Premium 3 - Now known as A-Train Railway Simulator, is the first in the series we have been involved with prior to launch.
Our aim is to make it the best experience possible. Localization and support is very important to us, and we aim to provide the best product possible - and the best support thereafter.
At some point the game will likey move to it's own community on Steam (not sure yet... details still need to be sorted)
A-Train Railway Simulator is a big step forward and represents several years building on the core A-Train 9 game.

I will post game media early next week along with more details.
Oh, the release date?

Fingers crossed for the 26th September.
Train Fever's giving this game and others like it plenty to worry about. I hope A-Train: City Simulator does well for Natsume and Artdink, what with the lack of sim-games for that platform.

Lain

I'll wait until next week to see what games are added to the new humble bundle. The only games I don't have are Luftrausers, Gone Home and Prison Architect, none of which are must have for me at this time. Plus I have to see if I can squeeze some more purchases on DMM on my budget.

The first tier though is damn good. Gunpoint, Hammerwatch and Steamworld Dig are awesome games, short and to the point with addicting gameplay (Steamworld Dig might feel repetitive to some, but i loved all that digging).

Phinor

don't don't think a U2 album is worth installing itunes

I tried. Had to register, to register without handing them your credit card info you apparently have to "buy" something free from iTunes. I did that, started the registeration process. They asked TWO different e-mail addresses from me, didn't accept "U2" as an answer to one of their security questions because some Apple engineer decided the answers need to be longer than that. Finally got through the registration process and it said activation details were sent to my e-mail address. Sure enough, they sent them to my SECONDARY e-mail address I gave them. I clicked activate, they asked my username&password, apparently my username didn't exist. Gave it 10 minutes, finally my username blinked into existence and I got through that part. Then they asked me to give my account details again to process my "forgot account information" request?! Fair enough, gave them the info again. Nothing happened but I switched back to iTunes and finally logged in. I went into albums, tried downloading, it asked me to login again which I did, and at that point iTunes decided I need to activate my account so they sent activation details to my primary e-mail address. That was two hours ago, nothing has happened. I've re-requested the activation e-mail couple of times. Also I can't do anything in iTunes before I get that e-mail.

Apple is so easy and fun. Got the album via other means, thanks.

Chariot

So @NeoGAFShitPosts is retiring because of what it deems to be bad bans from the admins lately. Ouch.
Oh no, I love this twitter posts. What happened? Are there some stories of worth or is this a general thing.

edit: Oh, Tenumi was the beginning of the end.

kiyomi

I tried. Had to register, to register without handing them your credit card info you apparently have to "buy" something free from iTunes. I did that, started the registeration process. They asked TWO different e-mail addresses from me, didn't accept "U2" as an answer to one of their security questions because some Apple engineer decided the answers need to be longer than that. Finally got through the registration process and it said activation details were sent to my e-mail address. Sure enough, they sent them to my SECONDARY e-mail address I gave them. I clicked activate, they asked my username&password, apparently my username didn't exist. Gave it 10 minutes, finally my username blinked into existence and I got through that part. Then they asked me to give my account details again to process my "forgot account information" request?! Fair enough, gave them the info again. Nothing happened but I switched back to iTunes and finally logged in. I went into albums, tried downloading, it asked me to login again which I did, and at that point iTunes decided I need to activate my account so they sent activation details to my primary e-mail address. That was two hours ago, nothing has happened. I've re-requested the activation e-mail couple of times. Also I can't do anything in iTunes before I get that e-mail.

Apple is so easy and fun. Got the album via other means, thanks.

You didn't even get to the bit where iTunes hitches constantly and is completely unusable.

liezryou

So was this discussed already? Dead rising 3 just got region locked, buy ANY copies you can find leftover on dispenser if you are interested in reselling.

derExperte

No, yeah, I wasn't talking about features (also because I don't care enough to read about them more than what I need to make fun of them :D ).
But the Moto 360 being round... it is so sleek, beautiful, future looking and most importantly, it could be mistaken for a normal watch.
The Apple one has this wannabe luxury vibe, I don't know, it makes me think of those early 2000s cell phones designed by some exclusive fashion company, like D&G or somehting, with like jewels encrusted, and they were supposed to be sold to rich women, but instead I've actually never see nor heard anyone using them. :D

http://www.vertu.com/

The shape isn't the problem imo, it's the thickness. We'll eventually get there.

Is steam acting up for anyone else? Keeps freezing and "pasting" itself to the desktop and refusing to shut down via task manager. Might be able to get it shut with command prompt but I obviously shouldn't have to do that.

TGMIII

Only Fear I don't have is 3 and somehow I doubt it's worth £5.89,

Fear 1 is a heavily underrated FPS, still one of the best shooters mechanically to this day.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like to occasionally plug this when this kind of topic comes up,have you ever played exit fate? if you aren't opposed to rpg maker games(although it does have it's own art at least) it's a pretty solid game that was heavily inspired by Suikoden(massive amount of possible party members,a castle that gets built up throughout the game,it even has an army combat thing pretty similar to Suikoden 2 etc,it was all made by one person too which is kinda cool),it's free and fairly long(I haven't played it in years but I wanna say....30ish hours maybe?)

here's a link to it

http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10

that looks pretty cool actually

dunno if i want to dive in another turn based jrpg just this minute tho

but yeah the castle building thing is actually one of my favorite gameplay "thingies" ever. it's not really a mechanic or anything, it's just a cool thing i wish more games did

KingDirk

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-CBCE6A5F7DA88419 - Taken by bobnowhere. 16 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-BFA89A8689C1291D - Taken by Myshkin. 35 entrants total.

t1410310900z1.png

Sorry if this seems redundant. =P

Tellaerin

Me neither, especially if you have to carry around your phone with it to work. Imo that's a step back instead of forward.
And I especially expected more design-wise from Apple. Except for the Milanese Loop and Steel Link models they really don't look appealing to me. But we'll see. Looking forward to try one at least.

Those look like the wristwatch equivalent of the 80's brick cellphone. Ugh. Just way too big and clunky, especially for something you'd be wearing on your wrist. Not that any of this is going to stop the status-conscious Apple legions from buying them in droves. -_-

Chariot

Wow, uh, i'm a little scared to speak my mind on that, but uh, a permaban for that on Tenumi? Yeah...
I wonder if someone creates a thread regarding the quitting of @NeoGAFShitPosts where we can discuss these issues. I would love to see some real talking about the overall situation.
I was thinking about installing it today. Is it scary? I can't handle scary games. ;w;
Creepy little girl.

Khronico

I really like what I've seen of Papers Please but it's something I could never enjoy playing. The menial task of checking tons of documents for legitimacy while being timed is so stressful to me. It's an awesome concept though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom