• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Wow, uh, i'm a little scared to speak my mind on that, but uh, a permaban for that on Tenumi? Yeah...

Back on-topic, pretty pumped to have a reason to finish Typing of the Dead: Overkill since it has Playfire Rewards this week

This isn't a post-ocracy and you don't get anywhere arguing with the post-tator.

jlMgQNw.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I was thinking about installing it today. Is it scary? I can't handle scary games. ;w;
it's a bit scary, yeah. lots of dark corridors and creepy girl popping out of nowhere and lights suddenly turning out and lots of blood and all that

not the scariest and it's a pretty blatant style of horror but yea, it's a scary game, even tho it's not necessarily super tense

it's really fun tho

Only Fear I don't have is 3 and somehow I doubt it's worth £5.89,

Fear 1 is a heavily underrated FPS, still one of the best shooters mechanically to this day.
the 20 minutes i gave it on singleplayer really didn't do anything for me coming from someone that loved fear 1

difficulty seemed too hard in an annoying way for singleplayer too, but that might be me just being bad. like it felt like it didn't scale down from coop number of enemies

liezryou

Seems like State of Decay and Ultra Street Fighter IV too. Fable Anniversary has new region locked package too, but doesn't seem to be in use.

Fable probably will get locked on release. Is this the beginning of the end of russian trading? Is valve rigorously pushing region locking on publishers/devs?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So was this discussed already? Dead rising 3 just got region locked, buy ANY copies you can find leftover on dispenser if you are interested in reselling.

Seems like State of Decay and Ultra Street Fighter IV too. Fable Anniversary has new region locked package too, but doesn't seem to be in use.

damn, damn, damn, damn ... what the hell is going on? :/ I really hope this doesn't mean that all future Capcpom games will be region-locked from the get-go :/ daaaaaamn

Fable probably will get locked on release. Is this the beginning of the end of russian trading? Is valve rigorously pushing region locking on publishers/devs?

I REALLY want to believe that those are just isolated cases ... but ... something tells me they're not ;(

rtcn63

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Putin's work. Further retaliation for US/EU sanctions.

Helmholtz

I was thinking about installing it today. Is it scary? I can't handle scary games. ;w;
When I originally played it I found it kind of scary. This was when I was pretty young though.
Iirc the only truly scary parts are a few jump scares here and there. The enemies were mostly military looking dudes.

I really hope games stay unlocked but at the same time I feel like this has been a crazy fantasy world for a while that had to end eventually. South Park for 20, Dead Rising 3 for 17, LotR for 22, etc. Crazy discounts.

Grief.exe

our 1st 3 days of preorder sales have been mind blowing.. i cant talk numbers but i can say that we sold more than triple what Dead Rising 3 sold on their launch day.. and that is astounding. so extra thanks go out to all the fans that have supported Rebirth! we are pushing a few extras in just for you guys!

http://bindingofisaac.com/

Uzzy

So if Microsoft buys Mojang we might finally see Minecraft on Steam.

Given how little Microsoft care about PC gaming, I doubt it.

As an aside, $2 Billion? Just how many new IPs and studios could Microsoft fund with that amount. Goddamn it.

iosefe

As an aside, $2 Billion? Just how many new IPs and studios could Microsoft fund with that amount. Goddamn it.

maybe thye'll finish their other 2 game with that at least

Jawmuncher

Mojang buyout gets a "neat" from me.
Doesn't seem like a big enough deal to me. Though only have one game under their belt albeit a large one.

gngf123

Damn, NeoGAFShitPosts is calling it quits. We're all safe to post terrible things without fear of public humiliation!

Just spotted this as well. I can kind of see where he is coming from I guess. It's a shame because that feed was pretty entertaining.

Microsoft paying $2B for Mojang seems a lot, but Minecraft really seems like it could just continue making money for a long time. I wonder how future PC development would go though.

Yeah. I don't know what the legalities of this would be, but if they could pull it from other platforms, and make it a Bone exclusive... I can see that definitely helping their system sales.

Uzzy

Yeah. I don't know what the legalities of this would be, but if they could pull it from other platforms, and make it a Bone exclusive... I can see that definitely helping their system sales.

I doubt they'd pull it from other platforms, as they can keep getting income from those, but I'd imagine that updates would quickly dry up.

I can easily see a Minecraft 2 being Xbone and Windows 9 exclusive though.

Fox318

Just spotted this as well. I can kind of see where he is coming from I guess. It's a shame because that feed was pretty entertaining.

Microsoft paying $2B for Mojang seems a lot, but Minecraft really seems like it could just continue making money for a long time. I wonder how future PC development would go though.

Its a smart buy on Mircosoft's end to purchase it.

The only thing that would be nice for minecraft on steam is workshop support.

KingDirk

SEPARATE RAFFLE! These are what I accidentally double-bought. Ironically, Gone Home would be bundled just, like, two days after...

ANYWAYS! These should work!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-1CC3C063710E43CA - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
Gone Home -- MB-7617CA7EFBC7E617 - Taken by GaussTek. 14 entrants total.

t1410314080z1.png

derExperte

Microsoft buying any studio is horrible news for the studios and everyone who likes games from those studios.

There was also this. https://twitter.com/notch/status/251239807257296897

While I wouldn't care about what I said two years (or two minutes) ago for $2b I always figured that they have all the money they need anyway.

2 years is a long time

Maybe Persson is sick of Minecraft. But if I were MS I would make sure he stays on board for a while.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Microsoft buying any studio is horrible news for the studios and everyone who likes games from those studios.

Halo wouldn't have been what it was unless Microsoft had bought it, although that was over a decade ago.

Maybe wait to see what happens before passing judgment?

There was also this. https://twitter.com/notch/status/251239807257296897

While I wouldn't care about what I said two years (or two minutes) ago for $2b I always figured that they have all the money they need anyway.

2 billion bucks could be very persuading.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just went to buy yesterday's Humble Flash Bundle and I can't find it. Turns out it only lasted for one day. I hope I hadn't been lazy and bought it last night, but whatever. Not like I was going to play those games anyway.

Stitch

Gold Member
difficulty seemed too hard in an annoying way for singleplayer too, but that might be me just being bad. like it felt like it didn't scale down from coop number of enemies

I'm pretty sure it was harder than 2, which always felt like it was really gimped for consoles :/

So enemies being tougher really made me enjoy it more than 2.

FEAR 1 is still the best.

I just went to buy yesterday's Humble Flash Bundle and I can't find it. Turns out it only lasted for one day. I hope I hadn't been lazy and bought it last night, but whatever. Not like I was going to play those games anyway.

Most flash bundles are one day only. I think the PAX bundle has been the only exception.

Tizoc

Where's everyone getting papers please from again? I want to gift it to my cousin, just so he could experience it.

Zeliard

humble mumble stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeliard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

IttleDew -- MB-1F8E72B874198661 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.
Gone Home -- MB-3C31DFD6EF3D5DDA - Taken by Htown. 5 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-6AA41B9FF59A001B - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-EBF02874F64EAAEC - Taken by swx. 7 entrants total.

t1410305020z1.png

gngf123

Thanks to this thread I just remembered that I need to pick up Isaac Rebirth.

I've put in 200 hours, think I'm ready to do it again.

diablogod

Thanks to this thread I just remembered that I need to pick up Isaac Rebirth.

I've put in 200 hours, think I'm ready to do it again.

I put in a obscene 450+ hours myself. I love that game. Hopefully Rebirth is just as good. Only wish Danny B was doing the soundtrack ><

Mokoi

Banned
Yo lethal league is pretty fun, and definitely plan on playing it more. Just tried it out before I had to catch up on some stuff.

Mono

I just got all the achievments in Skyrim, yay! I've had all but one for a long time; that Legendary Dragon one is hard to get.

My game is running at about 10 frames per second due to the amount of mods I'm running. I should probably figure out which ones are making it so slow!

Glorious PC gaming!

lol jk; his texture forgot to load for a while there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom