• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-10_01-59-21.jpg

r3n4ud

I would just roll the drivers back, tbh. At least if you're wanting to play it right now. I haven't had crashes since I have.
I rolled the drivers back, forward, and fucking sideways. Still can't get past the title screen. It just hangs, mocking me like a little cunt. Bah, maybe I should have paid full price for the game instead of going the trader route. Karma :/

tylerf

Humble Extras~~~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-AAE400E337401A4A - Taken by Lain. 4 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-37F5793B7FE49DB0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.

t1410308020z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not a Steam-related question, but I trust your judgement, so I'm going to ask it here if you don't mind. How good is GTA Liberty City Stories? There's a sale on PSN of the PS3 version (which is actually a port of the PS2 game, which originally came out on PSP... confusing, I know). I never played GTA 3, should I pick it up anyway? Or would I be better skipping it?

Of course, I'm going to get Vice City Stories. As a fan of the original VC, I've been dying to try it. I'm also a fan of Phil Collins, who I've heard makes a cameo there.

Part of me wants to experience the shitshow, that Fear 3 apparently is, for myself but it's never been at a pricepoint that I feel comfortable with. Still plan on playing Daikatana sometime soon too.
On that game's defense, it's fun if you play the co-op campaign with a friend with whom you can laugh about the game via mic. The shooting mechanics are competent enough, and the game isn't unpleasant to look at. That's all the praise I will give it, though.

I tried Daikatana for like 10 minutes or so this year, and half of it was a cutscene which I didn't care for in the slightest. What I played of it didn't seem terrible, but it also didn't make me want to keep playing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-CBCE6A5F7DA88419 - Taken by bobnowhere. 16 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-BFA89A8689C1291D - Taken by Myshkin. 35 entrants total.

t1410310900z1.png

I rolled the drivers back, forward, and fucking sideways. Still can't get past the title screen. It just hangs, mocking me like a little cunt. Bah, maybe I should have paid full price for the game instead of going the trader route. Karma :/
You running into the laptop issue or is it just being a general pain in the ass?

if I paid full price for this shit, I'd be pissed.

Mono

Is Prison Architect being updated regularily? It's been in early access for a while, but I haven't looked at it much. It looks fun, from what I've seen!

Disabling the Steam overlay fixed it for me. Though now the game crashes on exit.

r3n4ud

You running into the laptop issue or is it just being a general pain in the ass?
The latter. I'm rocking a 680 and the game no likely my rig. The game really is hit and miss though. Some folks have no/little issues while others are having a tough time to get the game running at all. Really weird...

Disabling the Steam overlay fixed it for me. Though now the game crashes on exit.
Gave it a try yesterday, no change. Thanks for the tip though.

Patison

Not a Steam-related question, but I trust your judgement, so I'm going to ask it here if you don't mind. How good is GTA Liberty City Stories? There's a sale on PSN of the PS3 version (which is actually a port of the PS2 game, which originally came out on PSP... confusing, I know). I never played GTA 3, should I pick it up anyway? Or would I be better skipping it?

It's alright, but nothing special. LCS was Rockstar's first try on PSP and it really shows, it's very limited, missions aren't very spectacular, you can't swim etc. The best thing about this game is its soundtrack, especially main theme, give it a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIw-_JM90EY. You can play it and it won't be painful, but VCS is clearly superior.

vareon

Kind of conflicted on Steamworld Dig. The humble bundle is a very nice price but I'll miss playing in the bed on 3DS. Hmmm.

The latter. I'm rocking a 680 and the game no likely my rig. The game really is hit and miss though. Some folks have no/little issues while others are having a tough time to get the game running at all. Really weird...
Mine was fine at first, but then started getting the crashes all over the place. Doing the driver downgrade sorted that out. The performance is still shitty though... I have to have adaptive vsync on to get a consistent-ish 30fps, but it dips lower than that more than I'd like. This is with the recommended specs--so an i5-4570 and a 760. I *can* run it on max/high if I set it to render at 720p (or less perfect but still better, 900p) but it looks gross.

Mine was fine at first, but then started getting the crashes all over the place. Doing the driver downgrade sorted that out. The performance is still shitty tough... I have to have adaptive vsync on to get a consistent-ish 30fps, but it dips lower than that more than I'd like. This is with the recommended specs--so an i5-4570 and a 760. I *can* run it on max/high if I set it to render at 720p (or less perfect but still better, 900p) but it looks gross.

I really wonder who optimized the Engine is.

I am currently playing Black Flag on my old 6870 in 1080p/60fps and it looks gorgeous. Then I wanna play DR3, 1080p and some high options is impossible. 720p and middle options are okay, but even then its 20-30fps with sometimes dropping till 15fps. And on these options it really looks like ass...

I really dont get it..

kudoboi

Not sure if posted but just got this

Dear Steam User,

Steam will soon be priced in Singaporean Dollar!

If your Steam wallet has any money in it on September 16th, 2014, your U.S. Dollar balance will be converted to SGD, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

To view your account balance, simply log into your Steam client or the Steam website at http://www.steampowered.com. Once you have logged in, you will see your balance in the upper-right corner next to your account name.

No, friend-o.
This is your karmic retribution for winning The Evil Within and leaving me searching for some way to acquire it on Steam for less than $60. :p

Kind of conflicted on Steamworld Dig. The humble bundle is a very nice price but I'll miss playing in the bed on 3DS. Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure nothing is ever better on 3DS.
Worst case, it's a double dip if you really love the game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I hold no pretences that I'm recognised here, I can't post often and I'm on GMT so miss night-GAF. Still, this is one of my two most visited threads on GAF.

Nabs

Holy shit. I'm downloading the Fifa 15 demo off Origin and the client is using 20%+ of my CPU.

To compare, I'm download NBA 2k11 on Steam and it's using 2.6% of my CPU.

liezryou

Holy shit. I'm downloading the Fifa 15 demo off Origin and the client is using 20%+ of my CPU.

While playing games, i find the whole steam overlay to take up much less computer resources then the origin overlay.

Give them away :p

I actually think this is a notably nice bundle even for indie bundle vets due to the $10 Prison Architect deal. I think it was ~$10 this past summer but not with all these other titles alongside it.

Yup. Prison Architect plus Paper Please in the bundle sealed the deal for me. Will check the other games in the bundle, then raffle them if I think I won't play/like them.

Zeliard

Yes I know, I'm a random. How dare a random win such a significant giveaway, right? ;)

Hello, my friend. I've just convened with other mods and we've decided that you are abusing Steam, SteamGAF, ModBot, and generally the world at-large, and you will be subsequently banned for doing so.

Please hold while you are banned.

Thank you for choosing NeoGAF services.

Hugstable

Banned

Origin used to trigger my Malwarebytes from time to time, doesn't seem to do it any more though and I had no clue why it was happening with Origin.

Hello, my friend. I've just convened with other mods and we've decided that you are abusing Steam, SteamGAF, ModBot, and generally the world at-large, and you will be subsequently banned for doing so.

rofl

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

lol xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom