• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Well so far every game has had an initial game and a sequel (Well except Empire but then again that had Napoleon straight after which was massive in it's own right) so I wonder what the next setting CA would take on? Well unless they go for Medieval III: Total War
and I'd be alright with that

I thought Medieval seems very likely.

Medieval : jurassic future labs

now that would be megaton

Uzzy

I see new Total War game is about to be announced, somehow missed it yesterday. Too many games, too little time.

Total Warhammer. It's coming, it's real, get hyped.

and prepare for immense disappointment when the announcement is just Medieval 3

Arthea

Their version is an action game series, while Total War would be a strategy game. (Total War games are strategy games, right? I haven't played any of those games before)

definitely strategy games.

edited: I haven't played Romance of the Three Kingdoms for too long, how series are now? Are games even released in the west?

I had this idea yesterday, so decided to post it for your judgement.
you know how we all have too many games to play and sometimes can't decide what to play. What if we had constant event going STEAMGAF | plays games - insert game title here.

Let's say we choose a game form current bundle (or discounted, that more people can join) nobody or most people haven't played, preferably not a bad one, and play it together let's say for a week, posting impressions and pics in that thread, then move to the next game, then to the next. The point would be not finishing or competing or even playing online together, but simply playing and having reason to do so. Also it could be fun. What do you think?

I'm late but it sounds like an interesting idea.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That Kart Game with character from indie games is looking good. Hope they get funded and greenlit

ed3a1bb21b8207fca9914902d9a4a70b_large.png
You can't fool me, this is Wacky Wheels with a different UI.

wackywheels.png

you know how we all have too many games to play and sometimes can't decide what to play. What if we had constant event going STEAMGAF | plays games - insert game title here.

Let's say we choose a game form current bundle (or discounted, that more people can join) nobody or most people haven't played, preferably not a bad one, and play it together let's say for a week, posting impressions and pics in that thread, then move to the next game, then to the next. The point would be not finishing or competing or even playing online together, but simply playing and having reason to do so. Also it could be fun. What do you think?

This sounds like a cool idea. I actually had a similar thing going with a group of online people but everyone kept complaining about not already owning the games so I bailed.

r3n4ud

Extra Humble key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-0B3B2202B5B6BDE2 - Taken by prudislav

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm really sorry for posting this here but I have no other option since I received over 20 requests from Gaffers for TF2 keys over the past week and I can't direct message everyone.

Anyway, I finally resolved my paypal issues and I am able to sell keys again. So if you are still interested hit me up on Steam, I won't be around on GAF much for the following months but I should be online on Steam pretty often. Just keep in mind that I don't have a very large stock for sale (only around 100 keys) so I may not be able to fulfill all orders.

That's it and sorry

Tizoc

I'm really sorry for posting this here but I have no other option since I received over 20 requests from Gaffers for TF2 keys over the past week and I can't direct message everyone.

Anyway, I finally resolved my paypal issues and I am able to sell keys again. So if you are still interested hit me up on Steam, I won't be around on GAF much for the following months but I should be online on Steam pretty often. Just keep in mind that I don't have a very large stock for sale (only around 100 keys) so I may not be able to fulfill all orders.

That's it and sorry

Nice! Will PM you later mate, and sorry for bugging you about it if we have ^^;

r3n4ud

That's it and sorry

Sounds good. I'll take 98 keys. Don't wanna be greedy.

It's okay, I don't need key Sub

Doing my part to keep the average up

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-28F3803D059120F4 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 51 entrants total.

t1410363882z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gonna need someone else to confirm, but it should also work for the PC version since it's SteamPlay.

Black Ops is literally the only non-SteamPlay Mac game on Steam, although it is now included in the Black Ops bundle and the gigantic Definition Collection (I'm guessing Acti had to talk to Aspyr about that since it publishes the Mac version).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

That's... not too bad, actually. Yeah, I guess we could do that. Of course, one should be able to skip a game, or take longer than a week to finish it if they want, so it doesn't become a chore. But yes, it sounds good.

ya, exactly like a book club, when I think about it. (><)

Anyway, thanks for opinions.
As an event itself increasing backlog, it is increasing anyway, events or no, there is no way around it, but this way we'll play at least some of it, albeit tiny amount.
Most difficult thing would be to keep people active and motivated. I was thinking of possible additional incentives, like maybe game prizes, or dlcs as prizes, for most active people, but I couldn't decide on anything at the end. Do you have any ideas?
Nah, for me it'd be the satisfaction of playing some of the games I own and talking about them with all of you.

Installing FEAR because you guys told me to.
kinda
If you feel like it, I'd love to hear your impressions. Even if they are negative, I promise I won't hit you... too much!

Then it explains why I had no idea about this game, I'm relatively new to PC gaming and PC's in general so I missed a lot of old classics because my family only was able to afford a PC in 2005 or 2006.

It was the glory days, when your monitor would sit atop your computer. And you had hundreds of free aol and prodigy floppies.

Sub Zero

Not posting it?

Like, I sad I was overwhelmed with requests and I can't start direct messaging everyone. I figured that posting this publicly in the Steam thread would be my best option, since I only do business with Steamgaffers and I can't have them asking if my paypal lock is lifted everyday.

If you felt offended or annoyed by just one post, there is the ignore button.

Jadax

What's the deal with the supposed tf2 key price drop everyone was raving on about a couple of months ago. Is that still going to happen, or is Valve really slow in rolling out their new payment method?

tl;dr Should I use my tf2 keys now or wait for xmas sale?

aku:jiki

It was the glory days, when your monitor would sit atop your computer. And you had hundreds of free aol and prodigy floppies.
Didn't someone post a pic of a sweet-ass 90's PC setup yesterday, or was that in another thread?

The good old days when ALL external computer components were grey, you had that shitty little mic on a stand you got with your SoundBlaster (even though no one had actual use for a mic), all keyboards were mechanical, you had your amazing 28k8 USRobotics Sportster and your CD-ROM drive had this weird and pointless little harness you put your disc in before inserting the harness into the drive. Also having your mind blown that there was actual recorded speech in the intros for Darklands and TIE Fighter. We actually jumped in our chairs when it said "Welcome...to Darklands!"

Echoplx

Like, I sad I was overwhelmed with requests and I can't start direct messaging everyone. I figured that posting this publicly in the Steam thread would be my best option, since I only do business with Steamgaffers and I can't have them asking if my paypal lock is lifted everyday.

If you felt offended or annoyed by just one post, there is the ignore button.

I don't really care either way but maybe you should post here instead

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871109

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Snakethesniper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steamworld Dig -- MB-2B18DDDE96F80C2F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 16 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-E5F039AE0AB2A5C3 - Taken by pupo. 6 entrants total.

t1410364902z1.png

tioslash

You can't fool me, this is Wacky Wheels with a different UI.

wackywheels.png

Wow, I loved this game! Played the heck out of it.

I had to see some videos on youtube :p And ended up seeing this also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tDBg4pfYk&list=UURt4hVnvg0_soJJ6Fo8FEsg

I remember using the Build Engine to create lots of Duke3D levels, loaded with hidden laser Tripbombs, and then play multiplayer with my brother. Oh the satisfaction of hide and just wait for that sound of those traps going off and just laughing. Good old days.

Sub Zero

I didn't even know that thread existed

Yeah, I have actually posted there but the thread was DOA.

Well, there is the BST thread, but like I said I prefer to do business with Steamgaffers that I know. Not to mention that I got some shady people adding me after posting there.

From now on, I won't be around much or at all so thankfully you won't have to put up with my spam anymore :)

Didn't someone post a pic of a sweet-ass 90's PC setup yesterday, or was that in another thread?

The good old days when ALL external computer components were grey, you had that shitty little mic on a stand you got with your SoundBlaster (even though no one had actual use for a mic), all keyboards were mechanical, you had your amazing 28k8 USRobotics Sportster and your CD-ROM drive had this weird and pointless little harness you put your disc in before inserting the harness into the drive. Also having your mind blown that there was actual recorded speech in the intros for Darklands and TIE Fighter. We actually jumped in our chairs when it said "Welcome...to Darklands!"

I forgot about that cd-rom harness! Mine didn't have it, but the ones at the star reach school did.

Dr Dogg

It was in the "Why haven't you bought a PC yet?" thread. Although over here all peripherals where the horrible shade of hearing aid beige instead of grey. Plus a true 90's setup with have some throttle controls, flight yolks and rudder pedals. Can remember one of my mates at school whose dad had the most ridiculous expensive but ever so tacky PC setup. My first CD drive was single speed and had a gigantic caddy to seat the discs though I still cling on to an IBM Model M as they are still the best keyboards I've ever used.

aku:jiki

It was in the "Why haven't you bought a PC yet?" thread. Although over hear all peripherals where the horrible shade of hearing aid beige instead of grey. Plus a true 90's setup with have some throttle controls, flight yolks and rudder pedals. Can remember one of my mates at school whose dad had the most ridiculous expensive but ever so tacky PC setup. My first CD drive was single speed and had a gigantic caddy to seat the discs though I still cling on to an IMB Model M as they are still the best keyboards I've ever used.
They were grey when you bought them, then they turned beige over time for whatever reason! No one actually really had all those crazy flightsticks we all saw in magazines, though. Maybe a dad here or there but teenagers made do with a ball mouse and keyboard.

That's another one: having to take apart and clean your mouse regularly or it would start to suck more and more the longer you waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom