• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

They were grey when you bought them, then they turned beige over time for whatever reason! No one actually really had all those crazy flightsticks we all saw in magazines, though. Maybe a dad here or there but teenagers made do with a ball mouse and keyboard.

That's another one: having to take apart and clean your mouse regularly or it would start to suck more and more the longer you waited.

Hahaha christ I forgot how long we've had optical and laser mice. I got pelted in the side of the head once by a mouse ball during an IT class. Really fucking hurt!

All the advantages of a CD key site, without even having to leave GAF!

I guess THAT cd key site is ok to post.

also, that avatar is...very nice.

Yeah, I have actually posted there but the thread was DOA.

Well, there is the BST thread, but like I said I prefer to do business with Steamgaffers that I know. Not to mention that I got some shady people adding me after posting there.

From now on, I won't be around much or at all so thankfully you won't have to put up with my spam anymore :)

There is a lot of good in the B/S/T thread, but there is a LOT of sketchy that goes on as well. I try to keep my dealings strictly with SteamGAFfers to avoid as many issues as possible.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Probably already posted, but just in case you guys missed it, the golden joystick voting period is open if you're interested.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/

Cue whining about the populous never getting anything right.

Best Visual Design: Kinect Sports Rivals.

I'm really sorry for posting this here but I have no other option since I received over 20 requests from Gaffers for TF2 keys over the past week and I can't direct message everyone.

Anyway, I finally resolved my paypal issues and I am able to sell keys again. So if you are still interested hit me up on Steam, I won't be around on GAF much for the following months but I should be online on Steam pretty often. Just keep in mind that I don't have a very large stock for sale (only around 100 keys) so I may not be able to fulfill all orders.

That's it and sorry

JyMkAGa.gif

I've had this bookmarked for a while, I would recommend avoiding the gameplay altering mod listed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ceuyh/step_by_step_moddingguide_deus_ex_i_spilled_my/

Personally I'd skip them all and just get an updated renderer, the texture packs just look really out of place, especially HDTP because it's no where near finished.

EDIT: To clarify, these two should cover everything you need to get the game working on modern systems

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm
http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm

thanks

kiyomi

If you feel like it, I'd love to hear your impressions. Even if they are negative, I promise I won't hit you... too much!

Sure, I'm starting it now.

I also played some Gunpoint. That game seems really, really neat. I can see myself having a lot of fun with that.

Quick edit: Ah, FEAR crashed. Hmm.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Nuuvem restricted to South America?

You may need to supply a BR-based address but other than that only certain products are restricted to BR IPs, however even then you can simply use a VPN to add them to your cart. I purchased FM2014 that way.

You may need to supply a BR-based address but other than that only certain products are restricted to BR IPs, however even then you can simply use a VPN to add them to your cart. I purchased FM2014 that way.

I've bought from them with my regular European address, that's for games that aren't restricted to brazilian IPs.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
looks like Minimum is out of EA ... and looks pretty interesting too

also - this popped up in the coming soon section (whatever this is)

MUnited83

For you.
Just visit the store page of the region using ?cc=xx, where xx is your desired country code. It's impossible to miss the region-lock notices.

Even then, it's not always certain, as there games with some available subs that are not region locked. Like CoD Ghosts. There's a region locking notice on the main Ghosts page, but you buy the Gold edition there and it's region free.

Lomax

I know it's a bit off topic, but since the M&Ms promotion was so prevalent here I figure I'll ask. Has anyone with Comcast gotten any of their cable credit? I know Morningbus got all of his on Verizon but it's been a while now and I haven't seen anything show up for me and was wondering if anyone else had.

JaseC

I've bought from them with my [regular address], that's for games that aren't restricted to brazilian IPs.

As have I, about a dozen times, but the last time I tried to add something to my cart I was asked to supply a BR address, and I'm not the only one (the example the OP gives, Strike Suit Zero, is not region-locked).

Even then, it's not always certain, as there games with some available subs that are not region locked. Like CoD Ghosts. There's a region locking notice on the main Ghosts page, but you buy the Gold edition there and it's region free.

Original Sin is another example (standard ed. is region free but the CE is not), however what I said is fine as a general rule as they're outliers.

JaseC

I thought greenlight was going to be killed ages ago tho. Why is it still around?

You're confusing the news out of dev days with the schedule. The ETA of the new system has always been late this year or early next. I'm leaning towards the former myself as it'd explain why Valve has just been hand-picking a few things every week or two instead of announcing another batch.

I dont understand why Ubisoft thought its good to implement some "F2P"-Elements into their game. I want to 100% Assassins Creed Black Flag, but for one of the Abstergo-Challenges you need to unlock every location for your fleet.

Good that the first ones take maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour in realtime but now it seems every location needs at least 8-10 hours in realtime to finish...

JaseC

I dont understand why Ubisoft thought its good to implement some "F2P"-Elements into their game. I want to 100% Assassins Creed Black Flag, but for one of the Abstergo-Challenges you need to unlock every location for your fleet.

Good that the first ones take maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour in realtime but now it seems every location needs at least 8-10 hours in realtime to finish...

Your Uplay friends can significantly speed up the process. I agree, though, that it's a shining example of awful "social" integration.

Haha, I'd help you myself but I no longer have the game installed.

Its okay. I just thought "Cool. I can finish this game today it seems.", then checked the Abstergo Challenges what else to do and... yeah. Saw there is one challenge where I have to unlock all fleet routes...

I remember in AC3 (or was it one of the other ones?) you could at least send more assassins to a location to speed up the process. I mean 2-3 hours would also be okay, but 8-10 is far too much alone...

JaseC

Just preparing everyone for the eventual Unity "social" nightmare.

I was similarly cynical, especially after Watch Dogs and it having MP stuff tied into the overall completion figure, but the only social element to Unity that has been revealed thus far is the co-op missions, which can be played solo. Things are looking up!

I was similarly cynical, especially after Watch Dogs and it having MP stuff tied into the overall completion figure, but the only social element to Unity that has been revealed thus far is the co-op missions, which can be played solo. Things are looking up!

Yeah, but then you get the weird feeling that those missions were designed with coop in mind and it all feels off. It's the thing that happened to me with SM3DW, where while it was a good game, you could tell that areas were made really broad and certain sections made less challenging because they needed it to work for 4 players.

Besides that I really like Black Flag, but after playing who knows how much AC Games the formula gets kinda stale.

I mean they introduce new small ideas every game, but the core Gameplay itself is still the same. But I have to applaud Ubisoft for their good optimization. I play it on the highest settings in 1080p and have 60fps without any dips on an old AMD 6870 and it looks fantastic.
On the other hand DR3 looks horrible if you change every setting to middle and it looks awful and still runs like crap...

Quick impressions for Audiosurf.

"Video tutorial? Screw that."

"I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Okay video tutorial, show me what you've got. Uh huh...okay...oh! Okay, let's go back to the game."

"...I have no idea what I'm doing."

JaseC

Its okay. I just thought "Cool. I can finish this game today it seems.", then checked the Abstergo Challenges what else to do and... yeah. Saw there is one challenge where I have to unlock all fleet routes...

I remember in AC3 (or was it one of the other ones?) you could at least send more assassins to a location to speed up the process. I mean 2-3 hours would also be okay, but 8-10 is far too much alone...

It's not entirely awful once you max out your fleet numbers with good ships as you can then do a handful of locations at the same time.

Yeah, but then you get the weird feeling that those missions were designed with coop in mind and it all feels off. It's the thing that happened to me with SM3DW, where while it was a good game, you could tell that areas were made really broad and certain sections made less challenging because they needed it to work for 4 players.

I'm just glad that solo play is an option at all. I was expecting the worst after Watch Dogs.

Lomax

Quick impressions for Audiosurf.

"Video tutorial? Screw that."

"I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Okay video tutorial, show me what you've got. Uh huh...okay...oh! Okay, let's go back to the game."

"...I have no idea what I'm doing."

Audiosurf is a game best played drunk with a bunch of friends. Then not knowing what you are doing is actually a perk.

It's not entirely awful once you max out your fleet numbers with good ships as you can then do a handful of locations at the same time.

Yeah. I am doing it like that right now, but to unlock the new locations I still have to send my ships to do the 8-10 hour missions.

PayDay 2 can be played solo as well, that doesn't mean it's a good experience. Color me hesitant.

rickyson1

okay maybe I buy too many games..

just noticed I can get like $12 in cards now and I just ran idle master maybe a month ago to the tune of $40 worth of cards

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers, Please -- MB-5F85089B6EC2E494 - Taken by louiedog. 28 entrants total.

t1410369702z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom