• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

For anyone who has played SPAZ, is there any way to set all ships to bot mode, I'd like to do some afk mining, but you end you controlling at least 1 ship, any way to set all ships to automate so they can make me money?

I... Didn't last very long in SPAZ (like an hour or 2?)
It was just so... lackluster and not what I was looking for in a space pirates game ;)

Jawmuncher

This is the moment where I'm glad I have a PC for gaming though. Since I can do. 24.99 and then just wait for the retail versions on other platforms.

Turfster

Sims 4 is basically "Sims with even more things taken out of it", right?
(No more babies, children look like adults, smaller lots, no swimming, etc etc)

Bundlestars is doing a 48 hour flash sale on LEGO The Hobbit 75% off
(LEGO Lord of the Rings is also 75% off)

For anyone who has played SPAZ, is there any way to set all ships to bot mode, I'd like to do some afk mining, but you end you controlling at least 1 ship, any way to set all ships to automate so they can make me money?

If it's not an option in tactical view, no.

You shouldn't need to mine at all anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_ma8zzpE67q1qfzl4do1_500.png
Hahahah, awesome.

FEAR seems good, although I'm already kinda terrified by the first, like, 5 minutes.
You should switch "seems" with "is"! I can't promise that the game will get less scary later on, but I can say it gets even more interesting. Go on, keep playing.

Turfster

Daily Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 50% off

Humble day 3
  • The walking dead s1 6.24€
  • Trials Fusion 10€
  • Dead Island GOTY 5€
  • Bridge Constructor 0.8€
  • FTL 2.5€
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked 5€
  • Shadow Warrior 6.5€
  • Democracy 3 5€
  • Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate 1.2€
  • Sokobond 6.5€
  • Grim Dawn 14.95€
  • Natural Selection II 3€
  • LEGO Batman 2 5€
  • LEGO Batman 5€
  • Driftmoon 2€
  • The Fall 4€

I... Didn't last very long in SPAZ (like an hour or 2?)
It was just so... lackluster and not what I was looking for in a space pirates game ;)

Yeah I can understand that, this and Postal as well seem to be an acquired taste.

I'd recommend Tiny and Big to anyone though.

If it's not an option in tactical view, no.

You shouldn't need to mine at all anyway.

You're probably right, I was just wondering, since using the tactical map you can almost play this game as a RTS.

Sims 4 is basically "Sims with even more things taken out of it", right?
(No more babies, children look like adults, smaller lots, no swimming, etc etc)

Yea it kind of is. It's absurd that you can run around your neighbors house but you have to go through a loading screen to actually visit them. There's quite a few features that are just missing. However, if one can look past that, the stuff that's actually in there is really well done. Some nice improvements to the core gameplay and it still has all the charm the series is known for. I wouldn't blame anyone who is disappointed with the game but as a casual Sims player, I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

LoS2? Nice :)

If anyone here liked LoS1 I recommend LoS2, it didn't deserve the reception it got.

That's about right. Though LoS2 doesn't quite reach the consistency and highs of the first LoS in my opinion, it's still nowhere near as bad as it scored in reviews.
Art direction, soundtrack, atmosphere and boss fights/encounters are still top notch. The Toy Maker is one of the best introductions to a boss fight I've seen in video games.

Game felt like a winter fairy tale at times.

Dr Dogg

Doesn't eBay protect you as long as the description makes sense and you used PayPal?

I bought a fake laptop charger with quite the suspicion it was a knock off item and with hardly any quibbles eBay handled my case quite swiftly. Even more bizarre is the seller I bought it from didn't want it back so I got a ropey HP charger for free essentially (which died after 9 months anyway). Any business seller using eBay in the UK has to abide by the Sale of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations where as a private seller does not so there's that to bear in mind too.

Khronico

Well this sucks. MX vs ATV Reflex apparently has issues running on newer hardware. During any solo races or free ride I get like 40-60fps, but the instant I do any races against AI the fps drops to low 20's for no apparent reason (AI shouldn't make that much of a dip should it?). Even at lowest settings I still get low 20's no matter what on AI races. Even lowering the res down to 320x200 does nothing to the framerate.

Chariot

It's much much worse.
Meh platforming, meh fights that are basically qtes, lots of elements blatantly stolen from other games.

God of War is the easiest thing to compare it to.
Though that might be seen as a disservice to some.

Closer to God of War/DmC. Except not as good. At all.

god of war clone with a lot of annoying fillers

I enjoyed it but there were a lot of boring sections
Ok, thanks, good to dodge then.

rtcn63

It'll be the platforming sections that get you. I recall a tower in which you had to traverse clock gears. Kept dying at the start, gave up then.

vg260

Doesn't eBay protect you as long as the description makes sense and you used PayPal?

If you're buying a digital code, the seller can flat out not send it, and they won't get you your money back because they don't officially support the sale of digital goods.

Deitus

It'll be the platforming sections that get you. I recall a tower in which you had to traverse clock gears. Kept dying at the start, gave up then.

This is the closest LoS has come to sounding like an actual Castlevania game. You almost had my attention there. But based on your assessment, I'm guessing it wasn't nearly as well implemented as it is in other Castlevania games.

rtcn63

This is the closest LoS has come to sounding like an actual Castlevania game. You almost had my attention there. But based on your assessment, I'm guessing it wasn't nearly as well implemented as it is in other Castlevania games.

The tower is 3/4ths or something into the (very stretched out) campaign. It just felt unfair, and I realized there was really nothing compelling me to finish. This was many years ago at release.

EDIT: LoS1

LoS or LoS2?

If he's talking about LoS, I don't remember it being bad at all. There was one spot that was a bit difficult in the 1st DLC, but nothing show stopping.

Then again, I laugh at people who bitch about the climbing section of Hades in the original GoW.

rtcn63

If he's talking about LoS, I don't remember it being bad at all. There was one spot that was a bit difficult in the 1st DLC, but nothing show stopping.

Then again, I laugh at people who bitch about the climbing section of Hades in the original GoW.

Are you insulting me? Maybe I am bad at games. I should expect most people to disregard much of what I say, seeing how often I'm told I'm wrong or a liar in this thread. :(

Deitus

Eh, I wasn't really concerned about the difficulty.

As far as I got in LoS1 (which is admittedly not far at all), I saw absolutely nothing that even remotely reminded me of anything in a Castlevania game outside of the main character using a whip-like weapon
(I also wasn't having any fun)

So when I hear someone say "there's a segment where you are in a clock tower and you have to climb on the gears," that makes me think of Castlevania. Maybe throw in a few Medusa heads for good measure, but at least my interest is piqued. I'm just skeptical that they actually implemented it well.

Sendou

You guys have any podcasts you like to listen to? PC gaming focused, gaming in general or even something completely else (like history). Have one of those days tomorrow where having something to listen to would be great. Listened to Bombcast but I wasn't such a big fan.

You guys have any podcasts you like to listen to? PC gaming focused, gaming in general or even something completely else (like history). Have one of those days tomorrow where having something to listen to would be great. Listened to Bombcast but I wasn't such a big fan.
Welcome to night vale, it's not gaming relatd, it's like twilight zone stories ocurring in a small town called Night Vale.

Now that I can finally play the game, Dead Rising 3 is pretty badass. A ton of collectibles + wading through a zombie shitstorm is pretty awesome. Wish it was a little better optimized and I could change the quality without the game blowing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom