• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

"Moms are tough"

*dies*

confession time, i actually quite liked 13.
it was beautiful, and i liked the tactical usage of the Paradigm Shift. when i realized that the 13 battle system is a mixture of FFX and X-2, I appreciated it a bit better. (total discloser, i haven't played past the beginning of X-2, but now that i have the Vita version that will be solved). sadly i took a break at the start of Chapter 11 and haven't been able to get back into yet.

anyway, back to Papers, Please. from this point on, i will work only for my family, sob stories be damned

Miguel81

I don't even do that. I just ask GAF, "Hey GAF, is it good?" and then the entirety of GAF responds in a single post. "Nope," GAF says. Then I'm all, "Okay :( " and I save my money.

Well, maybe I'm misremembering the details slightly, but that's the general idea.

If I'm shaky on a certain game, I'll come on SteamGAF and ask. Regular GAF, though, eh....

louiedog

I feel like a turd. I won Papers, Please earlier today and thought that was the last giveaway I'd entered. I just found another win for it in my inbox from a longer raffle that I'd forgotten about. If I'd known I'd have tried to kill that open entry. Sorry, everyone else who was entering for that. I've notified the giver so it'll go back into play.

Shadownet

Banned
TdlwMlB.png

Yay? this is something to celebrate right?

The breakout case is gonna drop in price faster than you can open the market page lol

It has gone from ~$1.4 to $1 in the last couple of weeks. The price will drop further with this sale. That said, one will still make back their money fairly quickly with the drops.

On a side note, I feel like we need some harmony in SteamGAF right now. A few folks have felt unwelcome in this community over the past week or so and we don't want that right?

Momentary

Banned
Man, I really need a more rush down oriented fighting game on Steam. I just can't wrap my mind around Street Fighter like I used to. That and online play just kills me with the lag in that game. Skullgirls feels as smooth as butter online. Why can't this one? Mayne I lost my edge when I started playing MMOs after Third Strike. Where is Xrd or BBCP? :( Maybe it's time I hang it up and retire from fighting games.
I'm

Man, I really need a more rush down oriented fighting game on Steam. I just can't wrap my mind around Street Fighter like I used to. I lost my edge when I started playing MMOs after Third Strike. Where is Xrd or BBCP? :( Maybe it's time I hang it up and retire from fighting games.
KOF is at least a bit more. What happened to get you to this point though?

Sajjaja

Man, I really need a more rush down oriented fighting game on Steam. I just can't wrap my mind around Street Fighter like I used to. That and online play just kills me with the lag in that game. Skullgirls feels as smooth as butter online. Why can't this one? Mayne I lost my edge when I started playing MMOs after Third Strike. Where is Xrd or BBCP? :( Maybe it's time I hang it up and retire from fighting games.
I'm

We really need 3rd Strike on Steam. SF4 is so lame.

Miguel81

We really need 3rd Strike on Steam. SF4 is so lame.

The characters look like stylized Gears of War-knockoffs. From the gorgeous 3rd strike to this..ugh. KOF XIII will suffice for me, though.

Also sad that Virtua Fighter 5 never came to Steam. I had a great time with it on the PS3 back in the day.

Is Castlevania 2 worth the $17? I enjoyed the first one, is it more of the same?

That's what I've been told, but I haven't had time to play it(Steam list keeps growing). From the demo, it seems like it's an improvement with the controllable camera at least. You can always expect a visual feast from MercurySteam, too.

Momentary

Banned
KOF is at least a bit more. What happened to get you to this point though?

I think I just can't get my brain accustomed to the lag and the stop go bullshit in matches. I hate dropping link combos that I never miss in local play. Plus the game just feels too defensive friendly and Ultra comeback mechanics really make landing a 8-12 string pointless and frustrating. Especially when it's mashed during a lag spike. Rank matches seem to have it the worst.

I'm going to limit my play to just Endless and hope for more fighting games to come on Steam that actually have a decent fanbase. USFIV is the only fighting game on Steam that has over 1000 users on. It really has the healthiest online community, but the crappiest netcode. I could probably get on Skullgirls right now with them not even having 200 people online and find smoother matches than what I've experienced tonight.

Man, again I wasn't online for some time. But it was good actually, catched some fresh air. Who would have thought trying to get fruits fall of a tree by standing underneath it and hitting the branches with a long stick results in all kinds of insects to fall on and in your clothes - I idiotically didn't. Damn, with so much tingling sensation in my back, feet, breast, head and ears, it was quite the wiildlife experience till I was finished farming the tree and hit the shower finally. But actually I loved being all covered in leafs, ants and even those ugly, scary ear-bugs. It felt like being one with nature. Heartily recommend it.
Anyway...
---
I was in class when you asked this, but having played it, not at all
Judging from my friends impressions the censored version will be the better off choice and recalling Overdrive's other games I'd guess that's a good bet.
Oh that is great news actually as I don't like raunchy stuff really. I think it diverts the mood a movie or game has to a great extent. Thanks guys!
---
Humble Indie 12 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Steamworld Dig
  • Hammerwatch
  • Gunpoint
TIER 2: BTA
  • Papers, Please
  • Luftrausers
  • Gone Home
  • ?
TIER 3: 10$
  • Prison Architect
Oh my.. that's a great bundle! Would love to get my hands on Gone Home but that BTA is rising and rising. No thanks. 1$ it is! Mainly for gunpoint though.
---
almost everyone I know who I play CS:GO with left to go play Destiny... fuck..
Don't fret Shadow, I'll never leave.... because I don't have any console, haha.... ha...
But I also almost never play CS, so what am I good for?
---
I really don't understand the review obsession on GAF.
We are well aware that gaming journalism is a corrupt and utterly broken institution. Yet, we spend hundreds of pages discussing review scores of games with extremely high marketing budgets.
You know, before getting on Gaf, my modus operandi was to gather all available info/trailers/gameplay/review of a game on ign/kotaku/gametrailers. But now I don't do any of that. Only the trailer and screenshots is enough, more so perfectly adequate to make up my own mind without pollution of totally foreign opinions. It really is the best way, I realized. Nothing gets spoiled, no bias before I get my hands on the game.
Everyone is the best reviewer for himself after all.
---
The game is Unreal 4 engine, right? It looks really great I think. Love the film grain.
When you
are only able to
play only several year old games, you really forget how it was actually to wonder whether your rig can handle new titles.
Add in prices being usually pretty low as well and I really like being a couple years late to the party. Win-win, except not being able to enjoy alongside your buddies. Ah, well. Life is a game itself of trade-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom