• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

How does SteamGaf feel about Lifeless Planet? It looks like something I'd enjoy (open-world exploration with platforming and puzzles thrown in, if what I got from the trailer is right). I'm thinking of picking up the Indie Gala August Heat bundle that includes it, but $5 is a tad above impulse buy, which is why I want to know if the game is good, especially since it's pretty much the only game I'm interested in in the bundle.

welps i didn't beat the walking dead today, hell, I didn't even open up steam. been playing destiny all day, even played w/ some gaffers :) it was a lot of fun. SUPER SRS THOUGH, totally gonna beat walking dead tomorrow that way I can move on to a different game. gotta remember to back up my save though before uninstalling that way I don't lose my save again just in case theres a season 3 which I assume there will be since theres money to be made there.

Zeliard

welps i didn't beat the walking dead today, hell, I didn't even open up steam. been playing destiny all day, even played w/ some gaffers :) it was a lot of fun. SUPER SRS THOUGH, totally gonna beat walking dead tomorrow that way I can move on to a different game. gotta remember to back up my save though before uninstalling that way I don't lose my save again just in case theres a season 3 which I assume there will be since theres money to be made there.

lol console scrub

DocSeuss

I should be playing PC games but Destinyyyyyy

What I really should be doing is figuring out how to make hitboxes in Unreal Engine 4.

xeris

How does SteamGaf feel about Lifeless Planet? It looks like something I'd enjoy (open-world exploration with platforming and puzzles thrown in, if what I got from the trailer is right). I'm thinking of picking up the Indie Gala August Heat bundle that includes it, but $5 is a tad above impulse buy, which is why I want to know if the game is good, especially since it's pretty much the only game I'm interested in in the bundle.

I haven't gotten around to Lifeless Planet yet, but I already had Pixel Puzzles: Japan and I found that to be worth a couple of bucks on its own if you like jigsaw puzzles. I've played around a bit with Racer 8 and it was fun enough to be worth a buck to me. So depending on tastes etc., there might be enough there in the other stuff for you.

Ventara

I haven't gotten around to Lifeless Planet yet, but I already had Pixel Puzzles: Japan and I found that to be worth a couple of bucks on its own if you like jigsaw puzzles. I've played around a bit with Racer 8 and it was fun enough to be worth a buck to me. So depending on tastes etc., there might be enough there in the other stuff for you.

Thanks for the info. I do enjoy jigsaw and puzzle games (thought Racer 8 was some indie racing game at first).

I'll probably pick up the bundle, but I still want to read some impressions of Lifeless Planet if anyone here wants to give theirs.

Ozium

confession time, i actually quite liked 13.
it was beautiful, and i liked the tactical usage of the Paradigm Shift. when i realized that the 13 battle system is a mixture of FFX and X-2, I appreciated it a bit better. (total discloser, i haven't played past the beginning of X-2, but now that i have the Vita version that will be solved). sadly i took a break at the start of Chapter 11 and haven't been able to get back into yet.

anyway, back to Papers, Please. from this point on, i will work only for my family, sob stories be damned

13-2 is awesome.. haters be damned... the soundtrack kicks ass and the gameplay is great.. the story is nuts and people claim it's hard to follow but it's not if you use your brain..

iosefe

the story is nuts and people claim it's hard to follow but it's not if you use your brain..

RG0BS1U.gif

lets get a group for Sonic Racing tomorrow

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah don't worry guys, I'm getting the change.org petition for Animated Avatars ready now.

Final Fantasy XIII is flawed but it has the best combat system of any JRPG I've played. It's one of the very few that combines actual urgency and complex mechanics. The ATB system in earlier games was nice but it still felt largely turn based and care free due to the relatively simple weakness system of FF(in comparison to say, SMT). In FFXIII on the other hand you had to manage the 8-10 different classes which could be grouped into different subgroups depending on the situation at hand. When the doom counter is introduced halfway through the game it gets hard and requires you juggle your tactics while being efficient as otherwise the game just kills you.

It's really, really easy to tell when someone didn't actually spend much time with the game as hitting auto, auto, auto will very quickly get you killed after the first few hours. FFXIII-2 is a lot easier through and I think it's a shame that they got rid of most of the challenge. You still can't just auto, auto, auto your way through the game but you can take your sweet time.

Ozium

Final Fantasy XIII is flawed but it has the best combat system of any JRPG I've played. It's one of the very few that combines actual urgency and complex mechanics. The ATB system in earlier games was nice but it still felt largely turn based and care free due to the relatively simple weakness system of FF(in comparison to say, SMT). In FFXIII on the other hand you had to manage the 8-10 different classes which could be grouped into different subgroups depending on the situation at hand. When the doom counter is introduced halfway through the game it gets hard and requires you juggle your tactics while being efficient as otherwise the game just kills you.

It's really, really easy to tell when someone didn't actually spend much time with the game as hitting auto, auto, auto will very quickly get you killed after the first few hours. FFXIII-2 is a lot easier through and I think it's a shame that they got rid of most of the challenge. You still can't just auto, auto, auto your way through the game but you can take your sweet time.

I found the bosses on 13-2 to require more tactics than in 13 though... maybe I'm remembering wrong, but some of those alternate bosses were ridiculous and the battle system was so ridiculously fast in 13-2

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I looove Legend of Korra book 3, the game can't come soon enough. It comes out on Steam on Oct. 21st, still no preorder page though.

I'd been wondering if that's coming to Steam. At first I figured it was a certainty considering the game is being published by Acti, but so too is WayForward's new TMNT game and that's exclusive to consoles.

I looove Legend of Korra book 3, the game can't come soon enough. It comes out on Steam on Oct. 21st, still no preorder page though.

Book 4 also starts October 3rd. October is a good month for Avatar.

I'd been wondering if that's coming to Steam. At first I figured it was a certainty considering the game is being published by Acti, but so too is WayForward's new TMNT game and that's exclusive to consoles.

75pOzCD.png

From the Korra page at Platinum Games.

So GAF how is Van Helsing II? I have the first one. I kinda like it.

To piggyback off of you, Shadow: how are the Van Helsing games?

Both are great and they can be quite challenging. Your companion is fantastically entertaining as well.

The first one requires DLC to play the other classes while they are included in the second one. There are also plenty of different builds to play with and vast amounts of customisation. For their price, they are pretty spectacular value.

The second also adds a few a new base mechanics, a scavenging pet and and much improved tower defense mini-game.

So, I know Gone Home is pretty divisive, so I wanna hear from people who did and didn't like it.

Considering I got it for dirt cheap, is it worth playing at all? Or should I just put it on my junk account for the card$?

I know now that it's coming to Steam, hence the past tense.

Ah, my bad. Read more like uncertain present tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom