• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd been wondering if that's coming to Steam. At first I figured it was a certainty considering the game is being published by Acti, but so too is WayForward's new TMNT game and that's exclusive to consoles.
Platinum's website says it's coming to PC, I don't think they are going to change that a month before release.

Book 4 also starts October 3rd. October is a good month for Avatar.
Woah, so soon!

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks Shadow :(
I have the collection on PS3, but I would buy another for PC, just for the opportunity to mod the game :p
EDIT: Someone know how much is for Castlevania 2 on Russia?

I would pay $60 to play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater on PC with HD texture and the whole shebang. Day 1.

Also I can get it for you for around $10.

The second also adds a few a new base mechanics, a scavenging pet and and much improved tower defense mini-game.
Do you have to play the tower defense mini-game? Probably my least favorite thing in AC: Revelation.

Chocolate!

Edit: Actually, maybe not:

So it's not chocolate? disappointed. I would have bought some.

I love chocolate!

Calling it Sanic.

Best mistake ever. EVER!

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks, but sadly I saw there's a region lock on LOS2. I'll wait for a vetter price here, thanks for the offer.

Wait for this. We all are. lol
Steam-Winter-Sale-2013-Kicks-Off-Has-Discounts-for-Over-2-000-Games.jpg

Knurek

Yes, I'm plenty of games anyway untile the Winter Sale :)
EDIT:Capcom patched DR3, but it's not the crash fix patch.

Given that each Steam sale I took part of was somehow worse than the previous one...
Dunno, you can wait, but you should expect more -66% or even -50% instead of -85% or -75%. :(

Do you have to play the tower defense mini-game? Probably my least favorite thing in AC: Revelation.

Actually I don't think you do, I forgot to mention you get 3-4 generals that you can assign to missions like base/tower defense missions and other side missions instead of doing them yourself. They can be upgraded, be given better gear etc...

Milamber

Every Steam sale hopefuls but most unlikely...

- Skyrim DLC hitting $4.99
- Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC hitting $4.99
- Borderlands 2 DLC... hahahaha
- All the old CoD's hitting $4.99

dot

I'm down for some Sanic action. Mono is never going to live that down.

Count me in as well!

You bakas leave mah lovely Momo alone.

I'll be joining for this Sanic Racing too, maybe.

Well I'm not familiar with the event you are referring to, but are you sure it wasn't on purpose? Sanic is a thing after all.

This is funny since i mistyped Sonic on purpose in my Sanic drawing and didn't even know Sanic was an actual thing until way later.

I could see the first 2 happening, and maybe B2 DLC, but Call of Duty's for cheap? Not going to happen, I mean their still charging damn near full price for 3 year old CoD's.

Shadownet

Banned
A bit off topic but I gotta say Pro-Bending is the greatest fictional sport since Quidditch.

I'm amazed.

Hopefully pro-bending will be awesome in the Legend of Korra game, then we can hold a SteamGAF tournament :O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's been mentioned, but I think one of the LoS2 packages is actually not region locked.

Yeah, the game + DLC bundle is region-free. It's not available on the RU store but certain traders are willing to work around this. I'd pick up the bundle myself, however with Endless Legend leaving Early Access I'd rather put that money towards the Founder's Pack.

Deques

Yeah, the game + DLC bundle is region-free. It's not available on the RU store but certain traders are willing to work around this. I'd pick up the bundle myself, however with Endless Legend leaving Early Access I'd rather put that money towards the Founder's Pack.

Founders pack is not gonna be available after release?

Edit: Btw, is the steam forums layout broken for everyone else?

A bit off topic but I gotta say Pro-Bending is the greatest fictional sport since Quidditch.

I'm amazed.

Hopefully pro-bending will be awesome in the Legend of Korra game, then we can hold a SteamGAF tournament :O

They really dropped the ball by not making it multiplayer. It still looks like a blast, but playing versus would be crazy awesome.

Dr Dogg

Well this is a great start to the morning. MGS Collection (again!) teased, Destiny Review Thread shenanigans and finding out the real reason Stump moved south of the border. Fingers crossed we get an awesome weekend set of deals as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much for that bundle?

10 keys, however I've asked Amplitude if the game will be 25% off prior to the 18th so people have one last chance at picking up the packs at a (more) discounted price, so I'd hold off for now.

Edit: Oh wait, you mean the LoS2 bundle, haha. I'm not sure what the RU price is.

Arthea

Another MGS collection? Is it really just toys, or our educated guess?

edited: talking about pro-bending, how is that Korra game, it had to be released about this time, no?

dot

edited: talking about pro-bending, how is that Korra game, it had to be released about this time, no?

Toys were just a guess/joke. I think. I didn't see anything else in the Metal Gear thread.

Korra isn't out yet. It releases next month.

milena87

I'm amazed.

Yep, it's awesome :D

I can't wait to see more about the game. I'm cautiously optimistic after the first few videos.

And now I remember that I still have to see Korra book 3 because the Blu Rays aren't out yet :/

Dr Dogg

Well at this point in time I own more copies of the Metal Gear saga than some games have entries in their franchise.

1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid
2x Digital copies of Metal Gear Solid
1x Physical copy of MGS VR Missions
1x Digital copy of MGS VR Missions
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid 2
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid 3
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
2x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid 4
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
1x Digital copies of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
3x Physical copies of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
1x Digital copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid Legacy
1x Physical copy of Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

So to break that down that's 3 of MGS, 2 of VR Missions, 7 versions of MGS 2, 7 versions of MGS3, 6 of Peace Walker, 3 of MGS 4 and only a single copy of Ground Zeroes. Odds on if this latest tease is another game collection and it's for a platform I own I'll pick it up.

Arthea

Toys were just a guess/joke. I think. I didn't see anything else in the Metal Gear thread.

Korra isn't out yet. It releases next month.

jokers everywhere

oh, my mistake, thanks dot. Can we expect this game not to suck?

Well at this point in time I own more copies of the Metal Gear saga than some games have entries in their franchise.
bigass list

So to break that down that's 3 of MGS, 2 of VR Missions, 7 versions of MGS 2, 7 versions of MGS3, 6 of Peace Walker, 3 of MGS 4 and only a single copy of Ground Zeroes. Odds on if this latest tease is another game collection and it's for a platform I own I'll pick it up.

I'm close behind you!
lol no, man, you should stop buying every version of every game twice

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No wonder we drift off-topic at times

look what's moderating us

1yqmWMy.gif

Wait so I heard ModBot was on US television?

While we were fighting about anonymous giveaways and megagivers we were blind to what was really going on. We could have prevented this.

Morning guys, I see you had fun with stump, I hope you realize he probably will blacklist you on ModBot ;)

Started playing Papers, Please, such an amazing little game, everything is so well done, the music, the art, got arrested after an hour of play, will definitely play more.

Jadax

From your list I'd say Dead Rising 3 looks great but maybe you're better advised to wait off till the performance kinks get patched. Otherwise Mind looks very intriguing but you are not into FPS you say.... hm.
Actually, it sounds like you want a strategy game. And on that front Endless Legend looks like a good fit!

I would definitely have gotten DR3 if my laptop wasn't so bad - currently I'm very limited due to it (acer 5742g lol).

As for Endless Legend, the same 2-3 people seem to be selling it for the last few months, and I was hoping to get it for less than the 7-8k they want.

The_Monk

Morning guys, I see you had fun with stump, I hope you realize he probably will blacklist you on ModBot ;)

Started playing Papers, Please, such an amazing little game, everything is so well done, the music, the art, got arrested after an hour of play, will definitely play more.

Morning NingenJanai and to all of you. Hope everyone is doing okay on this fine Thursday. :)

I'm waking to some Metal Gear news?!

a9k9JvN.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ok, looks like I missed a lot last night, ha. On the plus side I woke up to a Luftrausers win! And I go on holiday tomorrow too. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Ha! I just laughed out loud. If we are lucky Activision will reduce the price of the original CoD to 10€

AHA-Lambda

So, I know Gone Home is pretty divisive, so I wanna hear from people who did and didn't like it.

Considering I got it for dirt cheap, is it worth playing at all? Or should I just put it on my junk account for the card$?

Ah, my bad. Read more like uncertain present tense.

One of my favourite games of last year, definitely worth a look.

Dr Dogg

I'm close behind you!
lol no, man, you should stop buying every version of every game twice

Well I did shed my old import copies a while back so I'm not as Metal Gear heavy anymore. My issues is they keep on releasing them with artbooks and other extras that I find meaningful that I just cave in. Plus most of them usually have a limited print run and end up out of stock eventually.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, I know Gone Home is pretty divisive, so I wanna hear from people who did and didn't like it.

Considering I got it for dirt cheap, is it worth playing at all? Or should I just put it on my junk account for the card$?

I'd say give it a try.
I thought the games was incredibly boring and uninteresting but other people love it. I just can't deal with the "walking simulator" genre. I also hated Dear Esther, another game many people loved. Just give it try

kiyomi

If you got it for dirt cheap why is this even a question? :c

If you own a game you got from a Humble Bundle, of course you should play it. Just go into it with no expectations and enjoy the ride.

milena87

I really liked it. It was a fun and interesting experience. I really like to explore a place in games :)

Since it isn't very long (it took me 2 hours), I wouldn't recomment it at full price, but you already have it and you didn't pay much for it, so I'd say try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom