• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

troll level:
Kojima

bewwwwwwwwbs O_O also - me want!! :)

edit: it's a video ... click it, goddammit!!! :p

Tizoc

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Is this confirmed or just a maybe thing? I must know!

There was an announcement of a Metal Gear Collection or some such. It might mean that at east MGS2, 3 and PW could be released on next gen consoles and likely PC.

Just remember, Kojima is the Hideaki Anno of video games.

Dr Dogg

new deals on gog's birthday sale, btw

*whelp* I knew this day was coming...
b0AbEYH.png

It's actually also the cheapest Ass Creed has been on GOG (and I think on Steam and other digital places too) and considering it comes with both the soundtrack and the full score as well as the stupidly hard to find promo artbook (albeit in digital format) I'd say it's worth it at that price alone. Deus Ex also has some neat digital goodies too if you're a fan of that. Oh yeah back to Steamy things.

Arthea

It's actually also the cheapest Ass Creed has been on GOG (and I think on Steam and other digital places too) and considering it comes with both the soundtrack and the full score as well as the stupidly hard to find promo artbook (albeit in digital format) I'd say it's worth it at that price alone. Deus Ex also has some neat digital goodies too if you're a fan of that. Oh yeah back to Steamy things.

but I don't want to buy AssCreed again! I don't even like it!
oh well... *goes to buy*

They're going to have to do some work on mgs4 to get it off of the ps3. Besides some in-game comments that refer to the cell processor and the capacity of blu ray drives, it has an actually licensed Apple iPod in the game, too. And who knows if they still have the rights for that.

Also, it's mgs4 so if it gets ported maybe they'll figure out a way to make the back half good.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wait, people can just turn invisible in MGS? Huh, that's.....kinda stupid. I always thought the goofy stuff around MGS was just tone and not "Super serious Spy stuff! Nuclear warheads! Child soldiers! Also superpowers" Huh.

Dr Dogg

but I don't want to buy AssCreed again! I don't even like it!
oh well... *goes to buy*

Hahaha yeah, yeah. Actually looking through the artbook it looks like it's a combination of the Gamestop Promo one and the full sized one that came with the Prima strategy guide (missing some content from the later though). I would be nice if they would give the other games the same treatment but I doubt they'll ever make the move over to GOG as long as the specter of Uplay looms over them.

The_Monk

I never finished this game so I wonder how well it holds up graphically when comparing to the newer entries. It's the only AC I haven't played aside of Liberation.

Nzyme32

Right when the MGS collection is on (a good) sale on the PSN, Kojima drops a new one that may be coming to PC?

I'll take my chances, waiting for it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will just be a collection of statues or something else rather than the games. Of course an announcement at TGS of all the games being rereleased particularly if it can be on PC, would be very awesome. But I'll keep my hopes low to not get disappointed.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I have a sneaking suspicion that it will just be a collection of statues or something else rather than the games. Of course an announcement at TGS of all the games being rereleased particularly if it can be on PC, would be very awesome. But I'll keep my hopes low to not get disappointed.

What gives you that impression?
Might be a collection that includes MGS1 too, and maybe Ground Zeroes, so that they can put a 60$ price tag on it.

Dr Dogg

I never finished this game so I wonder how well it holds up graphically when comparing to the newer entries. It's the only AC I haven't played aside of Liberation.

Graphically speaking the textures are a little rough compared to the newer entries and the level of detail cut off and transitions are quite short so you see objects popping in and the shadow maps swapping out but on an artistic level the game has lost none of it's edge. The 3 main cities and the even the Kingdom hub world look and feel hand crafted from the vast majority of high points being unique and lots of landmarks to make exploration and navigation easy. Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre are a little smaller than what was on offer in the later entries but they feel vibrant and good to just wander around.

Gameplay wise opinions differ greatly. I think it's the best entry (as does resident AC maniac Jase) whilst others find it the worst. Sure II really did add some great improvement to the mechanics and traversal and Brotherhood refined the combat quite a bit (though it did introduce the quick fire combo kill). Though none of the other games did the one thing I loved about the first, actually being an assassin.

Chariot

Hard to say, time blurs in the SteamGAF bubble. Was the new Humble Bundle yesterday? Last week? The Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle?
We relive the same 2k sale on GMG over and over again. This week is last week and last week is next week. Is it 2k sale, is it Mac sale? Doesen't matter everything is the same.

No wonder other sales happen outside of any time we could meassure.

Arthea

We relive the same 2k sale on GMG over and over again. This week is last week and last week is next week. Is it 2k sale, is it Mac sale? Doesen't matter everything is the same.

No wonder other sales happen outside of any time we could meassure.

Groundhog Day?

You might be able to make it sweeter with a 20% off coupon. I just got one in my email.

oh! thanks, just checked, I got it too. It would have been nice to have it at sale that recently ended, though

Dr Dogg

Every time I see a 2K sale I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day slowly losing my mind.

Edit: Damn it Arthea! If I wasn't looking for quotes to butcher...

Arthea

More than anything I would like online stores to implement filters "steam", "drm free", "üplay", "origin". It's ridiculous not to have them by now.

AHA-Lambda

Woot! OT talk I know (sorry) but after so damn long I just got offered a permanent graduate job!

(sorry, not going to name names in case)

I feel like buying something expensive, dare I say, something at full price :O

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Woot! OT talk I know, sorry, but after so damn long I just got offered a job as a graduate trainee manager :D

(sorry, not going to name names in case)

I feel like buying something expensive, dare I say, something at full price :O

madness ... PURE MADNESS, I say!!!

also - congratulations!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom