• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

MEGATON!!!! O_O

1310650820313.jpg

Oh, man. PS4 fanboys are so mad about parity. I don't understand, if graphics were that important shouldn't they go PC?

To be fair it's not like you can play Destiny on the PC at the moment. One imagines the PS4 version will have better AA or something of that nature to take advantage of the extra power. Has been the case with every game so far so the whole parity conspiracy is very silly.

To be fair it's not like you can play Destiny on the PC at the moment. One imagines the PS4 version will have better AA or something of that nature to take advantage of the extra power. Has been the case with every game so far so the whole parity conspiracy is very silly.

Fair point. But it happens in every DF Face-Off thread, not just the Destiny one.

Wait what? A stan alone game or another DLC to PD2?

Stand alone. They announced it not long ago. http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/08/14/overkill-are-making-a-the-walking-dead-game/

I don't see how it is any different to PC fans complaining about ports.

People want the hardware they purchase to be used fully. No real big drama.

On the bright side, two thirds of console users now get to know how it feels to be held back by inferior hardware. Maybe they'll think twice about throwing around daft 'master race' jibes towards PC gamers in the future.

nope not gonna happen

Fuck Bioshock Infinite. A compulsory 5gb patch for languages I do not need. Fuck Steam for not allowing such useless patches to be optional.

You had me at "Fuck Bioshock Infinite".

On the bright side, two thirds of console users now get to know how it feels to be held back by inferior hardware. Maybe they'll think twice about throwing around daft 'master race' jibes towards PC gamers in the future.

nope not gonna happen

It will happen, because people grow up. The problem is they are just replaced by younger gamers and the cycle continues.

So best not to worry about it too much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck Bioshock Infinite. A compulsory 5gb patch for languages I do not need. Fuck Steam for not allowing such useless patches to be optional.

Additional languages are optional... for games. DLC isn't so lucky.

Steam does allow languages to be optional downloads, you can blame the dev for the mandatory download.

The languages were added to the DLC, not the base game. No way around that unless the dev went the faux-DLC route like Eidos with The Missing Link.

MUnited83

For you.
Those are optional. Only Origin AFAIK forces you to download all language packs at once. Or at least Titanfall did.

In this case it's not optional, no. Of course, you can disable patches but that would make it impossible to get any more bug-fixing updates in the future and he would have to download the language update anyways.

People complain about PC ports when the performance is a mess, or there's a severe lack of customization options. Generally people don't whine about their machines not getting pushed to the limits every time a new game is released.

Some Desura stuff from recent bundles. No sense in giving this away through Modbot - it's first-come, first-serve. You know what to do:

Astraea - JIZIO-R3F28-G7R2K-SU13G-W7T21
Coated - 0WURR-BHXSJ-8GCZI-NUAIO-NH4F2
Don't Move - TEY8W-6V0TU-N12K5-BTXVX-P5HGE
Crunch Time - HQQVF-BP4FK-BENYU-VBDW8-RASCS
Luna Shattered Hearts - IZWA0-5XG4D-ZJCOA-91MFU-CM336
One Snack Please - FWRNU-ZA6GD-31WJE-CRXLZ-5C2JW
Phoenix Force - JKD98-XND0V-FVDHU-GF7D4-Z71QL
Startag - TOJ77-6P4QQ-O891L-P8680-9RHFS
Startag #2 - GLSKJ-JZZDG-U8TGA-EWO7J-S573O
Star Traders 4X Empires - IEIMG-8FY23-APTWF-S3UTP-8D2XL
We Slay Monsters - P7HM8-P7YXF-CAGGY-DDXBX-69FU2
WolfWars - YUJNY-RMWY0-6E360-59HRR-L77JE

ArjanN

Eh, I think it's pretty obvious the constant console comparisons are more fueled by people wanting to be on the 'winning' team than with people wanting the most out of their hardware.

Some other goodies:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Zero Gear -- MB-33304DCD2E2EB223 - Taken by hepburn3d
Space Hack -- MB-2F133CDEFC8E9538 - Taken by Aiustis. 1 entrants total.
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-C4C2B7B3127E1B68 - Taken by xBladeM6x
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-0B6925DDB8D3FD2A - Taken by rostocker
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-CA47003D2AB77C99 - Taken by Purkake4
Space Trader Merchant Marine -- MB-8B98611817799E43 - Taken by Maniac. 3 entrants total.
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-51D454AAA6333401 - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.

Eh, I think it's pretty obvious the constant console comparisons are more fueled by people wanting to be on the 'winning' team than with people wanting the most out of their hardware.

Yeah, besides PC players already won.

Just kidding, sorry. Still mad about that thread.

Ta. Something to use my 20% code on.

Eh. The code is apparently valid until October 12, so I'll save it until something I want crops up. I was looking at getting Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate, but I likely won't be playing that for quite some time. Too many games in the backlog.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a US GAFer here who'd be interested in this stuff?

They come with the Commander Edition that I just bought. I assume shipping is free, hence the region-locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom