• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

What? Destiny has DANCING?

I originally thought to myself that I'd probably pick this up eventually since I'm planning on getting a PS4 maybe around Christmas(?) but now... probably not.

2601384-dancing+gif.gif

It has dancing, but it's not a mini-game. It's just like a "Taunt" in Team Fortress 2

I originally thought to myself that I'd probably pick this up eventually since I'm planning on getting a PS4 maybe around Christmas(?) but now... probably not.

I'd wait for the inevitable PC version, it might be worth picking up at PC prices but it's difficult to justify at $60/£40.

CoD has weapon skin DLCs ... Destiny will have dozens of those

you know it's coming - it's Activision after all ...

No doubt. I really wish they had just made all content free and done some crazy cosmetic DLC. I can't help but feel that another community will be splintered due to wacky DLC policies.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha it's just an emote. There's also a wave and another one as well as a sit command. Kind of limited form of communication.

I think judging Destiny now and just after a couple of days after release might be a bit short sighted. I'm curious to see how it pans out in the long run with the Raids and how the expansions play out but I'm not going to drop £349.99 to find out or pick it on on PS360 either.

There's some funky impressions all over the internet right now, some who have just played the campaign (which does sound quite short) and that's about it. It's kind of like playing an ARPG or MMO (especially Diablo and WoW) just for the story and not touching the endgame. I think I died more times in the first Greater Rift we did than I had in the whole game up to that point. The Giant Bomb QL kind of gave middling impression and not too removed from what I experienced in the beta but it certainly will be interesting to see where Destiny stands in a couple of months.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for the dancing Destiny gifs.

Saves me money - I'm not sure I'd buy this even for 75% off even for a PC version. I know it's just an emote but still... wow.

Accoun

RE 4,5,6,

You mean on Steam? Because there were PC versions of earlier games (at least I have RE3 from a gaming mag from a few years ago).

Also, SimBin officially announced bankruptcy. Although it looks like it was just a way of restructuring the company since it spawned Sector 3 Studios, consisting of all but 18 people from SimBin (although I'm not sure how many were there in the first place) that will handle RaceRoom Racing Experience (and their previous games I suppose?).

Now that I've been approved it's time to join the ranks of SteamGaf.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-461EED15BD1F12AC - Taken by Asharakk. 3 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-8AD8155A9538CA50 - Taken by yo_soy_el_topo. 1 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-C025B6CBCF2A28B3 - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-9C3E4B69EAF30934 - Taken by Anustart. 5 entrants total.

t1410460322z1.png

derExperte

Saves me money - I'm not sure I'd buy this even for 75% off even for a PC version. I know it's just an emote but still... wow.

That I don't get. I hate and am bad at dancing just like the next white guy but not buying a game you were interested in?

maty

tumblr_m5czqqyxe51r426i4o1_500.gif

Good games, I found the 2nd harder than the 3rd. And even though Infinite has a puzzle generator these are not as challenging as the ones created by the developer obviously.
Still very much recommended.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That I don't get. I hate and am bad at dancing just like the next white guy but not buying a game you were interested in?

It's nothing to do really with my own inability to dance
because yeah, I'm white
it's more to do with the fact that I thought the game took itself a bit more seriously than this. It's like they took the one aspect about MMOs that seriously gets on my nerves and put it into this game.

Porcupine

On the DR3 stuff....

How much pressure am I under to get all the collectibles while progressing through the story? Am I able to go back through the areas...or do things get locked out while progressing through the story?

There are only 2 things that get locked and can only be accessed in a mission. BUT after you played through the game you can always enter any chapter and play the missions again so there is no real pressure on it. You should definitely watch out for a Tragic Ending on the big yacht, because there is just one possibility to get it during a mission, or you have to play the mission again. About the other one.. I forgot what it was :D

Dr Dogg

Now that I've been approved it's time to join the ranks of SteamGaf.

Welcome and make yourself comfy!

because yeah, I'm white
it's more to do with the fact that I thought the game took itself a bit more seriously than this. It's like they took the one aspect about MMOs that seriously gets on my nerves and put it into this game.

I'm starting to think you had a bad experience once where you got MMO Emote abuse to the point of snapping.
And yes I'm totally speaking from experience and getting a whole gang of little fuckrags chase me around Azeroth spamming /bounce.

Tizoc

I'm surprised you've yet to see this gif:

It's been doing the rounds for the past couple of months.

You have now sold me on Destiny, but can I spend all my online time dancing? If I want online shootbang, I'll play Metal Slug thanks.

Come on mang what's to hate about it? Embrace the ridiculousness!

Also I made $60+ thanks to idle master and I'm using an OLDER ver., thank you for making me so rich I don't know wtf to do with my money!

because yeah, I'm white

Have I told you about Fultoning Sheep, horse poop button, and the serious taboo mature story themes that Metal Gear Solid 5 is going for?

So when I said that I was going to stop playing Risk of Rain....turns out I was lying. They have that progression system down to a science. Every time I think "yeah, I'm feeling a bit played out on this" I end up unlocking a new character and a new playstyle to learn. Just got the Huntress so I've gotta at least give her a spin before I stop.

wilflare

tumblr_m5czqqyxe51r426i4o1_500.gif

Good games, I found the 2nd harder than the 3rd. And even though Infinite has a puzzle generator these are not as challenging as the ones created by the developer obviously.

you are making me ashamed on my Steam games played ratio lol

(been clearing my Vita log <3)

Tizoc

Man 30 FPS really kills the background and setting of Viking: Battle for Asgard. I can tell this instantly just by how slow the motion of the water is like in the sea in a nearby area...

Suddenly I crave DmC 2013's visuals and 60 FPS goodness.

Hexcells Plus is kicking my ass, but I love it.

Great games, that $0.99 sale on the first one was the perfect gateway drug for me buying the other 2.

Well played, Hexcells dev guy, well played indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom