• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm not even a fan but I have a feeling Smash might be a good contender for GotY. I mean we still got several good contenders coming up. AC:Unity, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Some underdogs are Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Little Big Planet 3, Persona Q, The Crew.

IMO.

Chariot

I'm not even a fan but I have a feeling Smash might be a good contender for GotY. I mean we still got several good contenders coming up. AC:Unity, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Some underdogs are Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Little Big Planet 3, Persona Q, The Crew.

IMO.
Did you just call a CoD underdog?
I call something like Banner Saga underdog.

Dr Dogg

Capcom Weekend Sale? Nice! Oh...
Md9SP0Y.png
Nevermind then.

Only missing items are DMC 3, Onimusha 3, D&D Chronicles, Flock It and the Dead Rising 2 DLC. I guess I'll grab that DR2 stuff in prep for the Steamworks patch then :/

Tizoc

Capcom Weekend Sale? Nice! Oh...

Nevermind then.

Only missing items are DMC 3, Onimusha 3, D&D Chronicles, Flock It and the Dead Rising 2 DLC. I guess I'll grab that DR2 stuff in prep for the Steamworks patch then :/

If you like beat'em-ups, def. get D&D Chronicles, some of their BEST Beat'em-up games from their 90s era.

Grief.exe

Capcom is aware that we will all want to pick up RE5, DR2, and OTR at this point.

The prices for OTR and RE5 are particularly terrible.

Capcom is aware that we will all want to pick up RE5, DR2, and OTR at this point.

they're much better in RU but it seems that the traders are taking their sweet time adjusting their key values to better match sale prices. I'd buy a lot of stuff in this sale once they do update, though.

onionfrog

I just bought both dead rising 2 games from a trader last week! (Thinking they'd never go on sale again since this was before the steamworks announcement) Damnit.

Will RE Revelations be cheaper through traders? Kind of curious about that one but it seems like most if not all of Capcom's stuff is region locked tightly.

Dr Dogg

If you like beat'em-ups, def. get D&D Chronicles, some of their BEST Beat'em-up games from their 90s era.

Cheers. I guess I'll go have a look at what it's all about.

I haven't really looked but are there daily deals or is it just a weekend long promo? Enhanced Steam is saying it has been £2.49 at GMG before and it was handed out in huge quantities during RE6's pre order phase as a bonus so there might be better times to snag a copy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it appears that one of the changes Valve made to the store front on Tuesday has to do with the store's language. It appears that your store language will now be tied to your account, rather than cookie data in your browser.

This is good because it's honestly how it should have been done all along. However, it's bad for Enhanced Steam because unless they update their API the extension won't be able to easily determine what language you're browsing in. This change is what caused a few people's Enhanced Steam to completely stop working until they changed their language then changed it back.

It's smart on Valve's part, because it should completely eliminate the user frustration of "I clicked on a google link to Steam and now Steam is stuck in Korean."

Worst case scenario: I'll have to bring back a language dropdown box in the Enhanced Steam options where you can specify your language manually. I used to have this box but people kept getting confused thinking it would change their store language too without realizing it only changed the Enhanced Steam translation stuff...

Why, Capcom, why?

Just when I see that big Capcom sale popping up on Steam I went right to Lost Planet 2 and it's still 19.99€!
God dammit, will this game ever go on sale again? I want it but I don't want to pay 20 bucks for it.

That game is sitting in my wishlist for almost 2 years.

Oh well, decent sale otherwise.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ಠ_ಠ

( ≖‿-)~♡

(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

ε= ε= ε= ┌(;・_・)┘

egsesZs.gif

No wonder we drift off-topic at times

look what's moderating us

1yqmWMy.gif

Amazing.

but I don't want to buy AssCreed again! I don't even like it!
oh well... *goes to buy*

Are you trying to become Jasec junior? :p

so, double checking, since i am just short of getting both,

BC: rearmed or 3d sequel?

Rearmed. The other one is okay, but ehhh.

Dr Dogg

gracias, comrade

is dark void zero recommended?

Yeah if you don't mind Limited Activation DRM that only has 3 Activations before you have to workout who to contact. Dark Void the 3D game on the other hand I really liked but it was really, really short and just ended on a whimper. Jetpack was cool though and it works really well with 3D Vision.

derExperte

Why, Capcom, why?

Just when I see that big Capcom sale popping up on Steam I went right to Lost Planet 2 and it's still 19.99€!
God dammit, will this game ever go on sale again? I want it but I don't want to pay 20 bucks for it.

That game is sitting in my wishlist for almost 2 years.

Oh well, decent sale otherwise.

As soon as they announce the removal of GFWL. That they haven't together with the other ones is a bad sign.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RE6 complete or RE6 vanilla? I see that DLC is just multiplayer modes.

None of the above.

Though if you have to buy it the DLC modes for a few bucks extra may be worth your while. Though, IMO only Onslaught/Merc versus mode is the worthwhile one. The rest are pretty shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom