• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Were you not a fan of Divinity: Original Sin? Or was it unintentionally left off?

I half forgotten about Divinity: Original Sin. I think it's an excellent game but without the big marketing exposure that most other games has I think it will have a tough time making GotY. Though I do see it having an excellent chance making SteamGAF GotY though.

I think his main criteria is games that have yet to be released
and have massive marketing budgets

Pretty much. Games like Dragon Age and Far Cry has major marketing. If they're good then they have an excellent chance of becoming GotY.

I'm glad Batman and the Witcher 3 got moved back. More time to refine the game and become GotY contenders for 2015.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nope, the game is good. The campaign does have its fair share of troubles, but Mercenaries is completely worth it.

I guess we have to agree to disagree cause RE6 is legitimately one of the worst games I've ever played. I honestly think I had more fun with Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

admiral-ackbar-ole-miss-bigger.jpg

Not a trap, he's right. The game has some decent gameplay mechanics. If you're longing for an entertaining shootbang this game got you covered.

Hmm, I really want DR2 complete and RE5 & RE6 but i have a feeling they'll be even cheaper before the year is out.

Remember Me is reallllllllllllllly tempting, though. Gonna hold as hard as i can for now.

dot

If I get only one version of DR2, which is better: the original, or Off the Record?

I read that OTR has a Sandbox mode where there is no time limit (somebody correct me if i'm wrong), so go with OTR.

You guys should consider getting DmC 2013 if you want a solid action game (well it felt like that to me ^^;) It has FANTASTIC visual design and 60 FPS makes it looks so effin' gewd.

eh...it's okay

I've been waiting for an RE6 discount for weeks, hooray!

It's insane Capcom's still selling the game for $40.

I think they'll probably lower it to $30 in the winter sale.

Everybody buy RE6 and enjoy one of the best combat systems in a TPS.

Everybody listen to this person.

Miker

Gah I can't believe I'm about to spend $10 of idle master monies on DmC for $15. Why am I such a whore for Capcom?

Also, RE6 Mercs is godly - there's also a GAF RE6 group to play with, if you're concerned about that. $10 is the perfect price for all that content.

And the Bionic Commando bundle is the cheapest it's been at $4 - that's an amazing price for one of the best remakes ever and the cool, underrated reboot.

Gah I can't believe I'm about to spend $10 of idle master monies on DmC for $15. Why am I such a whore for Capcom?

Also, RE6 Mercs is godly - there's also a GAF RE6 group to play with, if you're concerned about that. $10 is the perfect price for all that content.

And the Bionic Commando bundle is the cheapest it's been at $4 - that's an amazing price for one of the best remakes ever and the cool, underrated reboot.

Link me cuz I seldom have playmates for that.

Fable: Anniversary was locked a few mins ago.

Region
Lock if old.

Dammit, and I just shot you over a PM about one of your remaining copies.

In terms of Resi Revelations, would I be correct in saying the solo version is Region Locked, but the Complete one with the DLC isn't?

Buy it.
You must.

I've been going by the rule of "if i'm not going to play it immediately, then HOLD." I'm almost done with the darkness 1 and am actually looking forward to the darkness 2. Think ill hold till it's on sale again. Plus, i *think* i technically own it through ps+ so there's less urgency to pick it up immediately. I also think i have DmC through +, too, so i can hold out for that one as well

gonna hold strong for now.

How's the LP1 PC port, gaf? That price point is pretty gud.

Pretty well done port. Runs locked 60 fps on my PC. Though for an old game the DX10 fur effects even bring my 660Ti to its knees.

But the game has a demo, so you can see for yourself.

Does the original version of Lost Planet that's on sale have GFWL on it? The Colonies edition did.

Extreme Condition is Steamworks.

Turfster

Plus, i *think* i technically own it through ps+ so there's less urgency to pick it up immediately. I also think i have DmC through +, too, so i can hold out for that one as well

Playing on PC blows the PS3 version out of the water.
Waiting for further CAPCPOM sales is also a dangerous gamble =p

Phinor

So it appears that one of the changes Valve made to the store front on Tuesday has to do with the store's language. It appears that your store language will now be tied to your account, rather than cookie data in your browser.

I assume it will be an account setting you can change yourself and not something that is forever stuck into one setting. Because if I was forced to use localized Steam, I might commit account suicide just when my account is about to celebrate 11 years of existence.

I've been going by the rule of "if i'm not going to play it immediately, then HOLD." I'm almost done with the darkness 1 and am actually looking forward to the darkness 2. Think ill hold till it's on sale again. Plus, i *think* i technically own it through ps+ so there's less urgency to pick it up immediately. I also think i have DmC through +, too, so i can hold out for that one as well

As I taught Jawmuncher earlier this year, there is a HUGE difference in action games with regard to 30fps vs 60fps.

I don't care if you got DmC for free through PS+ (I did too), it's worth the $10 or whatever to play on PC in this case. I actually thought the game was kind of fun and I had gone in expecting utter trash because, well... Ninja Theory. Turns out those Capcom combat advisers and 60fps really help.

TL;DR: "The feel of 60fps" in a 30fps console version is bullshit. If you're interested in the game, buy DmC on sale for PC and do not play the PS3 version you got for free*.

It seems Capcom no longer discounts titles with GFWL which they have no plans on updating.
RE:ORC was absent from the summer sale (and maybe the last winter sale too?) and now you have the Colonies edition of LP undiscounted as well as games like SFxT (which was on sale during the summer sale, so I was holding out some hope there). If it holds true, LP2 will also not be on sale this weekend.

tmarg

I think it's an excellent game but without the big marketing exposure that most other games has I think it will have a tough time making GotY.

Who's GotY are we talking about? There are about 8000 places that give out GotY awards, I'm sure Divinity will pick up a few.

Tizoc

As I taught Jawmuncher earlier this year, there is a HUGE difference in action games with regard to 30fps vs 60fps.

I don't care if you got DmC for free through PS+ (I did too), it's worth the $10 or whatever to play on PC in this case. I actually thought the game was kind of fun and I had gone in expecting utter trash because, well... Ninja Theory. Turns out those Capcom combat advisers and 60fps really help.

TL;DR: "The feel of 60fps" in a 30fps console version is bullshit. If you're interested in the game, buy DmC on sale for PC and do not play the PS3 version you got for free*.

Listen to this man, 60 FPS makes all the difference.

Too bad about those boss fights though.

Boss fights were good IMO.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I assume it will be an account setting you can change yourself and not something that is forever stuck into one setting. Because if I was forced to use localized Steam, I might commit account suicide just when my account is about to celebrate 11 years of existence.

The javascript files that are available publicly give all indications that you'll be able to change it in your account settings, possibly a new page that will go live with the new store. There is also javascript in place to let you change your language (temporarily) without even reloading the page.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I definitely got the game within the past two years for under 20 (I forget exactly how much but around 5). I think GMG had it. It doesn't help you now, but there you go.

Also the game is legit bad.
Yeah it really says something when a game is still garbage in 4 player co-op. It means you exist in a bubble with Serious Sam.

MUnited83

For you.
Does WB have a history of region locking their games? I remember Arkham Origins being locked.

Basically, what I'm asking is whether or not I should buy a Shadow of Mordor copy right now for 12 keys.

Arkham Origins is not locked. It has a separate Russian version, but that version is still region-free.(source: I own it)

And yes, you should buy it and activate right away. As long as you activate it now you will not get a region lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom