• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Sledgehammer has worked on cod before too

I take it back! But still I don't have much confident in the new CoD. I hope it will be good though cause I want to get back to the series.

The only thing I care about Capcom doing is stabilizing DR3.

Don't you mean..
tumblr_static_garrus_vakarian___calibrations_shirt_design_by_wyldchalice-d4udetp.png

NIN90

Does WB have a history of region locking their games? I remember Arkham Origins being locked.

Basically, what I'm asking is whether or not I should buy a Shadow of Mordor copy right now for 12 keys.

The_Monk

RE4 -50% ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will wait for -75% at the Winter Sale. Hopefully.

Guess I'll do the same. I already finished the console HD Version back in the day but I believe that 60 FPS will feel great on PC. I'm also going to double dip on RE5 and RE6 later but not on those price as the backlog is strong. Revelations it's the only I haven't finished yet but I'm confident with the winter sale.

Grief.exe

But at least it's discounted.
IIRC, RE5 wasn't discounted at the last 2 Sales.

Capcom has been discounting some of,their titles during major sales periods, but recently they have been more focussed on dedicated publisher sales periods.

Guess I'll do the same. I already finished the console HD Version back in the day but I believe that 60 FPS will feel great on PC. I'm also going to double dip on RE5 and RE6 later but not on those price as the backlog is strong. Revelations it's the only I haven't finished yet but I'm confident with the winter sale.

60 FPS feels phenomenal in the RE4 port.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why, Capcom, why?

Just when I see that big Capcom sale popping up on Steam I went right to Lost Planet 2 and it's still 19.99€!
God dammit, will this game ever go on sale again? I want it but I don't want to pay 20 bucks for it.

That game is sitting in my wishlist for almost 2 years.

Oh well, decent sale otherwise.
I definitely got the game within the past two years for under 20 (I forget exactly how much but around 5). I think GMG had it. It doesn't help you now, but there you go.

Also the game is legit bad.

jediyoshi

Does WB have a history of region locking their games? I remember Arkham Origins being locked.

Basically, what I'm asking is whether or not I should buy a Shadow of Mordor copy right now for 12 keys.

IIRC region locking typically wouldn't affect you after you've already registered it to your account

Divius

I played it on my gamecube back in the day and it is definitely among my top10 favorite video games, I remember it as being near perfect. It has been a while though and I wonder if it holds up..

The_Monk

60 FPS feels phenomenal in the RE4 port.

Yes I've seen the trailer and it looked quite good indeed. I wonder how big are the differences in the visual department from the HD console version to this port as well.

I played it on my gamecube back in the day and it is definitely among my top10 favorite video games, I remember it as being near perfect. It has been a while though and I wonder if it holds up..

I played the 360 Version and had great fun. Perfect Autumn game if you ask me!

I take it back! But still I don't have much confident in the new CoD. I hope it will be good though cause I want to get back to the series.

Yea I'm with you. I used to love cod but unfortunately they've gotten the series to the point where it just never feels fresh anymore

I definitely got the game within the past two years for under 20 (I forget exactly how much but around 5). I think GMG had it. It doesn't help you now, but there you go.

It sure as hell was discounted mutliple times during that period but I didn't have my eyes everywhere like I have them now, tracking every digital seller for sales.

Also the game is legit bad.

How did you find the first Lost Planet? Worse or better?

Man, Skyrim DLC isn't ever going to drop below 50% is it?

Still not getting it, but dang Bethesda.

EDIT: Though as someone who is named Kel, I should tell you all to pick up Amalur, and the Legend of Dead Kel DLC (even though I haven't).

I'm not even a fan but I have a feeling Smash might be a good contender for GotY. I mean we still got several good contenders coming up. AC:Unity, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Some underdogs are Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Little Big Planet 3, Persona Q, The Crew.

IMO.

Were you not a fan of Divinity: Original Sin? Or was it unintentionally left off?

I might have to scoop up a copy soon just to have some input on what, from what I can tell of SteamGAF responses, seems to be the frontrunner.

Also, Gods Will Be Watching on Humble is not quite there yet. I don't know exactly what my sweet spot is for buying it up, but that ain't it.

Deitus

Hmmm... I'm torn on getting DR2/OTR.

On the one hand, it's clear to see a lot of aspects in DR3 are really toned down, and objectively worse than the previous games in the series.

On the other hand, even with it's extremely lax time restrictions, I'm finding myself pressured for time, as I waste all of my time exploring, doing challenges, and dicking around with combo weapons. The time limit was one of the main reasons (though not the only one) DR1 didn't quite click with me, and I never played DR2. Not that I wanted them to dumb the series down to appeal to me, as I know there are people loved the series as is, and I wouldn't have wanted to take that away from them.

But I'm enjoying myself with DR3, despite it's flaws, largely because I get a bit more freedom to explore at my own pace. I kind of want to go back and try DR2 to see what I missed, but I think I'd probably get turned off again.

If I get only one version of DR2, which is better: the original, or Off the Record?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It sure as hell was discounted mutliple times during that period but I didn't have my eyes everywhere like I have them now, tracking every digital seller for sales.

How did you find the first Lost Planet? Worse or better?
It's been a while, but I think the first one is better.

To give a full picture, though: I didn't care for either.

Grief.exe

I'm not even a fan but I have a feeling Smash might be a good contender for GotY. I mean we still got several good contenders coming up. AC:Unity, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Some underdogs are Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Little Big Planet 3, Persona Q, The Crew.

IMO.
Were you not a fan of Divinity: Original Sin? Or was it unintentionally left off?

I think his main criteria is games that have yet to be released
and have massive marketing budgets

Tellaerin

Disappointed that the Super -> Ultra SF upgrade isn't on sale. Wondering if I ought to get the RE6 DLC's while they're on sale and/or finally pick up Lost Planet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I picked up Remember Me for 80% off, nice. I've heard good things.

By the way, I'm going to be playing this during this year's Extra Life charity drive. I'm going to be giving away a bunch of great games in a raffle for people who donate - more details coming soon!

Tizoc

You guys should consider getting DmC 2013 if you want a solid action game (well it felt like that to me ^^;) It has FANTASTIC visual design and 60 FPS makes it looks so effin' gewd.

Parsnip

Are the RE: Revelations Enhancement Set and Resistance Set for the Raid mode?

edit: Oh, it says Multiplayer Only Content, I guess that's a yes then.

Deitus

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.

It's not quite what I want, because I'm pretty sure it removes all of the story and side content as well. What I'd prefer is a mode where all of that is present, but the time limits are gone. But I guess it's better than nothing.

man DmC is still 49.99, making it hard to double dip, god damn I want to try the vergil dlc too

Seriously? Why has it not dropped in price yet? Glad I got it for free (I paid for the Vergil DLC in card bucks when it went on sale though).

Turfster

Humble Kalypso 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Grand Ages Rome Gold
  • Imperium Romanum Gold
  • Airline Tycoon 2
  • Disciples III Gold
TIER 2: BTA
  • Tank Operations European Campaign
  • Patrician III
  • Patrician IV
TIER 3: 9$