• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fable Anniversary has a preload up, 7.6gb.

Also, it's been region locked but there are still some people selling it in dispenser shops (7 keys)

That Onimusha 3 is looking mighty nice. Are the first two games necessary? I remember playing genma when I was younger but never finished it:(

FloatOn

Amalur really is terrible. I tried to trick me into thinking it was a good game with it's semi fun but then super repetitive combat.

It really becomes obvious that this was once intended for a mmo. Boring fetch quests all over the place and one of the most cliche stories I've ever experienced. Pass on it.

also is RE 5 and 6 worth playing? already want to buy RE4 HD since i played it last on GameCube

yes and yes if you value gunplay over the rest in a third person shooter
for RE6 just take the time to learn the mechanics, there's a thread somewhere that explains that stuff, i need to find the link. the game has a pretty big moveset but none of it is explained in the game, mobility is as important as shooting
however the campaign is very on rails most of the time with a very uneven quality between chapters, mercenaries lets you really play the game

Risgroo

I really want RE4 and Lords of Shadow 2, but I think I can wait for 75% off...
How's the sound in RE4 btw? IIRC the PS3 version had horribly compressed sound, especially the voices.

derExperte

Another hidden objects game from Artifex Mundi. Usually you can get most of the money back through cards and this is one of their newer ones, looks good.

Copons

So, is there a way to spare some cash on Remember Me and DMC4, or it actually is as hinted on SteamDB, that both their RU-CIS versions are solidly region locked?

Saty

Producer Craig Oman told Eurogamer Fable Anniversary on PC comes with a version of the Unreal Engine 3 editor, which lets users edit all of the existing art and animation in the game.

"This means that anything our artists and animators can do, the mod community will now be able to do," he said.

However, because of the way the original Fable was created, Lionhead wasn't able to add support for new content such as quests, characters or weapons.

"But we are working with some of the modding community already as part of our beta testing and we will continue to do what we can to support them post launch," Oman added.
Full Steam Workshop integration is being worked on for Fable Anniversary on PC, but it will not be ready for the launch of the game tomorrow, 12th September 2014.

Meanwhile, Lionhead has made Fable Anniversary even harder.

It's added a new Heroic Mode, "for advanced players only". This includes an increased Line of Sight for enemies, reduced damage on ranged weapons and reduced player armour levels.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-11-fable-anniversary-pc-gets-modding-support

That Onimusha 3 is looking mighty nice. Are the first two games necessary? I remember playing genma when I was younger but never finished it:(

As far as I know it's a direct sequel to the others so you would need to play them first if you care about the story.

The port isn't as bad as the Devil May Cry 3 port, you can actually play with the 360 controller without fiddling with xpadder and stuff. Resolution options are limited, though.

derExperte

Dead Rising 2, OTR, and RE5 are all investment pieces currently. If you get them now, you probably want to wait to play them until GFWL gets removed.

That's why personally I would wait and see if they go lower. Worst that can happen is 50% again when GFWL gets removed as they certainly will do another sale then.

One of the highest rated reviews talks about the port quality and it ain't pretty.

Hmm. Thinking about getting RE4... I haven't played it in awhile. It's actually a good port this time, right? RE6 was great but I can't take another Deadly Premonition situation where I double my playtime due to various issues.

it's the best version of the game, there's a slowdown bug that occurs for some people but they either fixed it or there's a workaround availaible

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DMC4 on sale again? Pick it up!

Right+back+at+ya+B+tch+.+Game+Devil+may+cry+4+Can_a942db_4381297.gif

I might grab some of the RE6 DLC that I'm missing. I have almost everything else.

Miker

Link me cuz I seldom have playmates for that.

If I buy RE5 now and the Steamworks version ends up including the Gold content, what are the odds that I'll be getting the Gold content for free? Or am I better off waiting for a better sale?

And for those of you considering RE6, note that the online community on PC is practically dead. Don't expect to find any random games in the online lobbies (although this sale might boost the online community for a bit). So think about that before buying the multiplayer DLC.

GAF RE6 group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RE6GAF

I think most of the members have RE6 installed and would be up for a game. I'm usually dying to play RE6 Mercs co-op.

Got RE6 complete and DR2 Complete for around $20 total. Justifying it as part of my yearly horror games time in October.

I'll never rid myself of this backlog : /

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Another hidden objects game from Artifex Mundi. Usually you can get most of the money back through cards and this is one of their newer ones, looks good.

Alway nice to see more quality Hidden Object games, will get this one for sure before the discount runs out :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Luftrausers -- MB-E82410A96C5FF00E - Taken by Cth. 46 entrants total.
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-3609B802B6EF76C9 - Taken by danhese007. 3 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-5398630A8887B89C - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 19 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-33458205D6F7BDFC - Taken by Porcupine. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III Gold Edition -- MB-8935043ED2776531 - Taken by Freezard. 6 entrants total.

t1410473283z1.png

Saty

Those Linux copies... Regardless, that's WAY more copies than I thought it had sold. Like double? That is one amazing achievement.

The game sales keep increasing. Every year so far since released has sold more copies than the one before it. GMod passed 5M at the star of June. The game sold another million in 3 months.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

dex3108

So, is there a way to spare some cash on Remember Me and DMC4, or it actually is as hinted on SteamDB, that both their RU-CIS versions are solidly region locked?

South America (Brasil) is calling you :D As far as i know those games are region free there.

AsfaeksBR

sorry, guys ... region-locked to Hell and back :/
(FUCKING FOCUS INTERACTIVE!!! FUCK 'EM!!!!)

Well, it's still not that expensive.
But just like Tizoc said, it's better to hol until the last minute to see if the game plays good and runs good, because Focus Interacttive has a not-so-bright past with their games in terms of gameplay (at least the games I played from them)

derExperte

sorry, guys ... region-locked to Hell and back :/
(FUCKING FOCUS INTERACTIVE!!! FUCK 'EM!!!!)

Well it doesn't have an ip-lock so could be even worse, maybe there's some loophole. But the normal price (23,99€) is very fair, could be a cool sleeper-hit. Or not, could go either way so no preorder from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom