• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Yeah, I just got this too. Was there really a problem with payments? I got it from Alienware, I know they have money.

Nah just a stupid way to end the beta. They could've just removed the app from the subs instead of giving heart attacks to people. :v

Lomax

Capcom sale of games I bought this summer
with GMG credit
and haven't installed reminds me that I really should play DMC4 and Remember Me.

SSPssp

I think that's your culprit.

Nah just a stupid way to end the beta. They could've just removed the app from the subs instead of giving heart attacks to people. :v

Thanks guys, that's the first time I ever got one of these notices. I was pretty worried at first.

Alienware is giving away beta keys for Spacecom.

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/spacecom-closed-beta-key-giveaway

Edit: It's a Steam key.

Unfortunately they're revoking those beta keys.

Opiate

Capcom sale of games I bought this summer
with GMG credit
and haven't installed reminds me that I really should play DMC4 and Remember Me.

Is Megaman available anywhere on PC? I don't mean emulated, mind you, since I don't own the games.

tav7623

Tempted to pick up Onimusha 3 at $5 on Steam, but I'm curious if anyone knows how well it runs on Steam/PC (JSYK my PC exceeds the recommended specs) and is it any good. Also if I wanted to play this game would I be better off playing the PC version or should I go for the PS2 version instead?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is Megaman available anywhere on PC? I don't mean emulated, mind you, since I don't own the games.
Not really. You probably wouldn't want the old DOS Mega Man game anyway :p

Megaman_PC_Robot_Masters.jpg

However, there is Street Fighter X Mega Man. It was initially a fan game, but Capcom decided to fund it and released it as a free download.

Miker

I've been complaining about DmC's seemingly permanent $50 price for almost a year now, good lord.

10/11/2013:
Miker said:
Shit, I want DmC for that price, but $15 (factoring in DLC) is still a bit steep. Then again, I don't expect it to get any cheaper. Hmm.
12/22/2013:
Miker said:
Ugh, I hate that DmC's MSRP has stayed at $50 this whole time. I'd buy it at $10, but not $12.50.
5/21/2014:
Miker said:
Every few months I look at DmC's MSRP to see if it's down from $50. Then I break down and cry.
6/19/2014:
Miker said:
Okay, I drove EIGHT HOURS today just to get my desktop PC so I could buy shit during this sale and actually play it.

Then the one game I wanted to buy, DmC, still hasn't moved from its retail price of MSRP. Fuck that. I'm not paying $15 for DmC and its DLC.
Today:
Miker said:
Gah I can't believe I'm about to spend $10 of idle master monies on DmC for $15. Why am I such a whore for Capcom?

I think I'll buy Remember Me for $6 and keep on waiting for DmC to fall lower. I have no earthly idea as to why Capcom refuses to drop the MSRP on it.

Tempted to pick up Onimusha 3 at $5 on Steam, but I'm curious if anyone knows how well it runs on Steam/PC (JSYK my PC exceeds the recommended specs) and is it any good. Also if I wanted to play this game would I be better off playing the PC version or should I go for the PS2 version instead?

The game has 360 pad support out of the box and runs well on my machine. Resolution options are limited only up to 1280*1024) but it runs well on widescreen.

Chariot

Gosh, I am so hot for Advance Wars right now. Is there a similar game on PC and possibly on steam? I just want my tactical skirmishes, not epic stories that restrict me. Would love to see something so simple, yet fun in turn-based strategy with generic units rather than unique heroes.

Hugstable

Banned
How is Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara? Probably the only thing from Capcom that I don't own and I've never even heard to the game until now.

Not really. You probably wouldn't want the old DOS Mega Man game anyway :p

Megaman_PC_Robot_Masters.jpg

However, there is Street Fighter X Mega Man. It was initially a fan game, but Capcom decided to fund it and released it as a free download.

OH GOD NO! WHY Does this bastard child of Mega Man still live on! DYna mans stage was the worst ever, nonstop respawning bees all over the place killing you. I would like to forgot the memories of these DOS megaman games ever existing, they were that bad.

Tellaerin

Gosh, I am so hot for Advance Wars right now. Is there a similar game on PC and possibly on steam? I just want my tactical skirmishes, not epic stories that restrict me. Would love to see something so simple, yet fun in turn-based strategy with generic units rather than unique heroes.

I vaguely remember people talking about a couple of games that were supposed to be similar to AW on Steam, but from what I recall, they weren't very good. : /

Nete

Prison Architect is a drug, all that chaotic fun. I can't imagine how good would be for somebody who actually knows what he is doing.

Also, based CSGO. 5.30€ skin reward for the first mission I've completed. Game and Operation pass already paid off.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
omgg RE Revelations and Castlevania Lords of Shadow on sale. I can't resist both. I may get into that sweet sweet LoS eyecandy a bit this weekend

When it comes to turn-based strategy, there's always XCOM. There's also Wesnoth for free. Neither is like Advance Wars, really, but maybe you'll still enjoy them.

Nabs

They are finally trying to fix the netcode for Injustice. I doubt it'll do much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

242701/encryptedmanifests/networking_test/

Lain

I never liked the Resident Evil franchise. The last I played was 4 on PS2 and I thought it was bad. Yet I'm sorta thinking about grabbing Revelations. Please tell me it's just like the other games so that I can keep such an indecent thought at bay.

I never liked the Resident Evil franchise. The last I played was 4 on PS2 and I thought it was bad. Yet I'm sorta thinking about grabbing Revelations. Please tell me it's just like the other games so that I can keep such an indecent thought at bay.
It's just like the other games.

dot

If you never liked the series or especially 4, don't bother.

KoA is a soul sucking MMO that can only be played alone.

This from the guy who managed to get me pulled into grinding the soul sucking multiplayer achievements for TR2013... (I did finish that fucking grind, btw. The multi for that game seemed like it could've been decent if people were actually playing it... what a shame. Oh well, game deleted!)

Thank you

I don't read every page of this thread.

(1) 100ppp. Set it, forget it, learn to love it.
(2) I think the default is 50ppp, so if that's the case, your post was something like 7th on the "new" page. Seems like skimming the last full page might've been a sorta-good-okayish idea, maybe?
(3) It was really supposed to be more along the lines of "nobody ever reads my posts" as Turfster was saying yesterday, so no offense initially intended. :p

Might grab the Vergils downfall DLC.
Going to wait on a cheaper price for DR2.

It's actually quite good from a combat perspective -- he feels a lot like you'd expect DMC3 vergil to feel if put in DmC, for whatever that's worth. The DLC felt a little long and repetitive in spots, but overall, I enjoyed it when I played through.

They are finally trying to fix the netcode for Injustice. I doubt it'll do much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hahaha... wonder if they'll finally fix the CTD when you try to create a private lobby and invite a friend.

By your post I say: Pass

You would enjoy more other game :)

How is Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara? Probably the only thing from Capcom that I don't own and I've never even heard to the game until now.
Wow really?
Huh..

Capcom's D&D games are two of the best beatemups ever made.
They're rather different from one another.

The first game (Tower of Doom) is the arcade equivalent of low-level D&D play. Four playable characters, fairly basic moves (though some deep stuff like dash-attacks, blocking, etc), and you can collect items for later use.

The second game (Shadow Over Mystara) is higher-level D&D. Six playable characters, a bunch of advanced moves (special attacks, unique abilities, etc), and you can collect items as well as equipment for later use.

Both games feature multiple paths, four-player co-op, and lots of neat strategies if you're willing to put the time in to learn them.

Classics as far as concerns the genre, and with enough unique content to interest non-beatemup fans as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
damn went to the dentist today and she did nasty things to my mouth and now is all numb :(

It does look potentially awesome...but I was hoping the Free Hoxton DLC would come out around that time. Seems like that wont be out for a while. :/
at this point i really don't care about payday whatsoever. too many updates to track, too many dlc, and the game didn't felt that more refined from the good times i had with it during beta

If they get the music right, this might be a day 1 for me.
yeah, this is it basically for me

specially since the soundtrack on the payday games is really good already

thank fucking goodness. when i read about people's complaints in regards to that game, i was just putting it off as people having terrible internet.

naw, that game was broken as fuck online. I never had a match that didn't play out like someone broke the entirety of the internet during my attempts to play that game on PC. It worked perfect fine on the ps3, too, so who knows what they fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom