• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I've been out of the loop a long time it seems. I grew up with the worst Doctor, Sylvester McCoy. Why couldn't I be born a few years earlier and had Tom Baker or Peter [Davison]. I might have actually like Dr Who at the time then.

McCoy is awesome, not his faults the show's producer was a twat and the head of the BBC was trying to kill the show which led to horrible horrible scripts...

also ACE <3

shakeshead.gif

2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

wat? you're insane. I'd never buy a game just cause it has nice visuals or a good soundtrack. If the soundtrack is so great I'd just buy that then.

There are aspects of a game that stand out over others. Crysis was a good shooter but everyone remembers it for it's graphics. Remember Me is similar in that it's art and music are just way more memorable than it's other parts. The thing is, not only are they the best part of the game, they're also arguably better than what we've seen in gaming for years.

I mean your position of not buying games for just these factors is valid, but this is what truly stands out in Remember Me.

Caerith

This is why labels are bad, especially if they're kinda vague ;)
Of the 4, you could say Torment isn't really an "action" RPG, being dialogue heavy, but the others fall firmly in the "action" category, really.
Maybe, but they're really not comparable.

Then again, the entire "Remember Me vs Amalur thing" is apples and oranges.

Oranges anyday. Apples are shit.

Deitus

Just came across a post in the Destiny thread where someone called Dark Souls 'mid evil fantasy garbage' :D

Meanwhile I watched the GB quicklook of the game and... well... it's abundantly clear why the review embargo was after release.

Mid evil? Clearly we are dealing with a highly educated individual.

Edit: Destiny is on OT2 already? The game came out 2 days ago. Crazy.

Oh man, there's a bunch of good deals on Steam this weekend. So many options:

1) Buy Skyrim again - never played DLC and put in 200 hours on PS3
2) Buy Remember Me - been wanting this for a while, but it'll probably show up on sale again
3) Lost Planet 1 - never played it, but sounds cool. Does it hold up?

Help!

Phinor

Wasteland 2 will be available for purchase through digital retailers for $40/&#8364;40/£35.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/240760/announcements/detail/242388434615754124

Those prices are messed up. The Digital Deluxe was 45 euros the whole year and three days ago they decided to move the price up to 55 euros. Same with UK pricing, originally £30, then £35, then £40 during the Summer and finally up to £45 just couple of days ago. Meanwhile USD price has remained fixed at $60.

So the digital deluxe used to be $60/45&#8364;/£35 for the longest time. From those prices, the retail version will drop exactly $20/5&#8364;/£0. That's the discount they've been promising the whole year for those who mentioned how high the Digital Deluxe/beta package was. 5&#8364; price drop, that's massive discount! And for the good UK people, a price drop of £0. Meanwhile the USD price drops $20. But the catch is, because they just increase the base pricing in Europe, the reductions will officially be $20/15&#8364;/£10. Basically messing with European customers, as these companies always seem to do.

This is what I'd recommend: buy the retail copy of Wasteland 2. It's A LOT cheaper than those EU/UK prices on Steam and along with saving you nearly half on pricing, you also get to send a small message to inXile because they probably get very little from retail copies sold. I don't care if the game is good and they deserve our money, this behavior isn't acceptable.

Rant over, carry on.

Turfster

2) Buy Remember Me - been wanting this for a while, but it'll probably show up on sale again

Help!

2, every time.

Mid evil? Clearly we are dealing with a highly educated individual.

Unfortunately we will not be blessed with his company any longer.

So the digital deluxe used to be $60/45&#8364;/£35 for the longest time. From those prices, the retail version will drop exactly $20/5&#8364;/£0. That's the discount they've been promising the whole year for those who mentioned how high the Digital Deluxe/beta package was. 5&#8364; price drop, that's massive discount! And for the good UK people, a price drop of £0. Meanwhile the USD price drops $20. But the catch is, because they just increase the base pricing in Europe, the reductions will officially be $20/10&#8364;/£10. Basically messing with European customers, as these companies always seem to do.

This is not cool at all. You'd think an indie studio releasing a crowdfunded game would not stoop to these levels.

Arthea

Help!

none of those, buy Amalur, will last you longer than all those three combined!
holy smoke, how you even spend 200 hours in Skyrim, let alone on PS3! I question your sanity (><)

shakeshead.gif

do you even like anything released after 1900 what's not Remember me? Honest question, I can't remember you liking any game unless oldie goodie,
the latter I approve, of course

Turfster

do you even like anything released after 1900 what's not Remember me? Honest question, I can't remember you liking any game unless oldie goodie,
the latter I approve, of course
I don't understand where this idea that I hate all games comes from =p
Just a random handful of things I played 'recently' (let's say the last year) that I liked:
  • Revelaitons (about halfway through)
  • Murdered Soul Suspect (finished it in one marathon session)
  • Freedom Fall
  • Demonicon (about halfway through, good jank)
  • Banner Saga
  • Tomb Raider
  • Wolfenstein TNO
  • Wolf Among Us
  • The Samaritan Paradox
  • Unrest
  • MARLOW BRIGGS AND THE AWESOME OF KABOOM
  • The Swapper
  • Gunman Clive
  • Brothers
  • Remember me (duh)
  • Gone Home
  • Cognition
  • Gunpoint
etc, etc

Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

That looks nice. Reminds me a bit of Katamari Damacy or Noby Noby Boy.

Arthea

Buy Banner Saga now at -50% or wait for fall/winter sale hoping for more than 50%.
Decisions, decisions...

This probably is too much to drop on you just like that, it took me years and years to learn this, and I'm still not pro at this, not even close, but if you don't plan to play it right away, like right this moment and have huge backlog, which you have, why would you post instead of playing games if that wasn't the case, wait, always wait, if you can that is, it takes tremendous effort to learn to let it go, discounts I mean, for even better discounts usually.

Just a random handful of things I played 'recently' (let's say the last year) that I liked:

• etc, etc

• Tomb Raider?! I won't ever question you about your hateful character again, it takes guts to admit you like that on steamgaf (><)

edited:
    ya, I omitted mentioning Gone Home on purpose, your troll attempt didn't work! just letting you know (><)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
  • Revelaitons (about halfway through)
  • Murdered Soul Suspect (finished it in one marathon session)
  • Freedom Fall
  • Demonicon (about halfway through, good jank)
  • Banner Saga
  • Tomb Raider
  • Wolfenstein TNO
  • Wolf Among Us
  • The Samaritan Paradox
  • Unrest
  • MARLOW BRIGGS AND THE AWESOME OF KABOOM
  • The Swapper
  • Gunman Clive
  • Brothers
  • Remember me (duh)
  • Gone Home
  • Cognition
  • Gunpoint
etc, etc

don't lie to us!! I know very well you hate all of those games (except for Remember Me, of course) :p

Lomax

McCoy is awesome, not his faults the show's producer was a twat and the head of the BBC was trying to kill the show which led to horrible horrible scripts...

also ACE <3

I met McCoy at a FantasyCon this summer, he was a riot and such a dirty old man. Incredibly personable with the fans and audience as well.

Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

Nice NeoGAF planet in the trailer :)

OrangeOak

(1) 100ppp. Set it, forget it, learn to love it.
(2) I think the default is 50ppp, so if that's the case, your post was something like 7th on the "new" page. Seems like skimming the last full page might've been a sorta-good-okayish idea, maybe?
(3) It was really supposed to be more along the lines of "nobody ever reads my posts" as Turfster was saying yesterday, so no offense initially intended. :p

I have set 100 posts per page right after my account was approved.
I wasn't expecting that someone could just mention it on previous page.It's not that popular game and that thought of someone giving answer for that exact question just haven't crossed my mind.Maybe I am not as lucky as you and I rarely find answers for that specific questions.Plus I am lazy.
But you are right of course.I could have checked it and it was possible with Capcom sale taking place right now.
No offense taken ;)

Arthea

is this a troll?
I agree with zky on this though, it was hyped like there is no tomorrow and still is. While it has some nice things going about, like nice, huge, accessible world, combat is plain, uninteresting and boring, though, level capping our ability to hurt monsters doesn't help either, sidequests are bad, story could be passable if gameplay was good, which is wasn't, definitely letdown.

Resident Evil 6 Complete is not region locked-

oh wow... that's tempting, and right away after I gave epic speech about restrain too...

FoneBone

Biting on Remember Me at $6.

I want DmC, but I'm going to wait for it to drop below $10... I see I'm not the first to complain, but I'm bewildered that the base price is still that high.

Ozium

Nah, just a person with good taste.

I didn't like RE3 nor what little I played of RE4 (the first area), nor did I care for one of the on-rails shooters on Wii. Am I a troll?

Prrobably maybe.

I agree with zky on this though, it was hyped like there is no tomorrow and still is. While it has some nice things going about, like nice, huge, accessible world, combat is plain, uninteresting and boring, though, level capping our ability to hurt monsters doesn't help either, sidequests are bad, story could be passable if gameplay was good, which is wasn't, definitely letdown..

the anti-Nintendo bias is real ;)

Xenosaga 1 and 2 are legit bad... I enjoy them but I can tell you they are bad.. ep 3 is awesome but the story is so rushed because of episode 2...

Miker

Biting on Remember Me at $6.

I want DmC, but I'm going to wait for it to drop below $10... I see I'm not the first to complain, but I'm bewildered that the base price is still that high.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129538949&highlight=#post129538949

Oh, and I mentioned this earlier, but Bionic Commando Rearmed is the cheapest it's been at $2. It's an absolute steal that price. I played it last year and loved every second. The soundtrack is killer, the visuals are rad, and the difficulty is perfect.

Nah, just a person with good taste.

I didn't like RE3 nor what little I played of RE4 (the first area), nor did I care for one of the on-rails shooters on Wii. Am I a troll?

Opposing tastes to that of the majority? You must be a troll! Rabble Rabble Rabble!

mMXEerx.png

But in all seriousness, I know a few peeps who have played RE4 and not really enjoyed it that much. Even with all the updates it made to the series, it still has those niggles and quirks that could turn some people off the game.

I personally love that game though.

Arthea

Prrobably maybe.

the anti-Nintendo bias is real ;)

Xenosaga 1 and 2 are legit bad... I enjoy them but I can tell you they are bad.. ep 3 is awesome but the story is so rushed because of episode 2...

I agree with you too Xenosaga 2 was legit bad, 1? not really.

Shadownet

Banned
[*] MARLOW BRIGGS AND THE AWESOME OF KABOOM

Thanks for reminding me to finish this game. Awesome from what I've played so far.

Also I didn't like the on-rail shooting of Resident Evil 4. It's so stupid at the time when I thought I could not move when trying to kill zombies.

Like what sane person would stand in one place while zombies advanced on him..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129538949&highlight=#post129538949

Oh, and I mentioned this earlier, but Bionic Commando Rearmed is the cheapest it's been at $2. It's an absolute steal that price. I played it last year and loved every second. The soundtrack is killer, the visuals are rad, and the difficulty is perfect.

Game's so good that I got it on both 360 and PC. How GRIN could get this so right, but mess up the 3D game, and Re-Armed 2 is beyond me.

Music is bloody great. Especially loved the launch trailer remix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDiZrmZb-c

Turfster

Thanks for reminding me to finish this game. Awesome from what I've played so far.
The plot of Marlow Briggs is kind of all over the place, but it's amazing to see how big they dreamed and by god, they didn't back down. They've also got like 50 different game ideas they keep throwing at you one after the other, so things never get boring or stale... if EVERYTHING exploding could ever get stale ;)

rtcn63

I hated RE4 when I first played it. I'd go on and on to my brother about how it was such a divergent disappointment compared to Code Veronica. Most of the games I'd played back then were JRPGs, platformers, and action stuff like Devil May Cry.

RE4 is now one of my favorite games. The story is camp, the weapon upgrade system and feel of combat is still my favorite among third-person shooters. Yes, your character is slow to maneuver, melee is limited, and enemies inexplicably calm down when they get near you, as you can't pat your head and rub your tummy simultaneously. But to me, it was equivalent to the tank controls used in older horror titles (like the original REs), which can help as much as they can arguably hurt the experience.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Also I didn't like the on-rail shooting of Resident Evil 4. It's so stupid at the time when I thought I could not move when trying to kill zombies.

A cool and collected bodyguard for the presidents daughter would stand still while he shoots zombies and contemplates new one-liners.

Ozium

This never happens in resident evil 4

edit: didn't you just say that you've only played RE5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom