• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I don't understand where this idea that I hate all games comes from =p
Just a random handful of things I played 'recently' (let's say the last year) that I liked:

I think it's because your game-related posts are often dire warnings about how awful Game X is, while effusive praise from you seems much more rare. (Not that warning people away from potentially awful games is a bad thing, mind. You're definitely doing a valuable service there, even if we can't always agree on what constitutes "bad". It'd just be neat to see you get amped up about the games you like too, the way are now about Remember Me. In the words of a great sage, "Please be excited." ; ) )

ViviOggi

What is Ultra SFIV doing on the promotion page anyway, any hopes for a discount?

which isn't 5€ game, though, you do understand that Remember me and Amalur are compared because they have similar price, not because they have anything in common aside of that, don't you?

I don't get it

Grief.exe

Also I didn't like the on-rail shooting of Resident Evil 4. It's so stupid at the time when I thought I could not move when trying to kill zombies.

Shooting a pistol accurately is actually incredibly difficult, the difficulty increases when your target is moving.

You can shoot while moving, but its rarely done.

Turfster

I think it's because your game-related posts are often dire warnings about how awful Game X is, while effusive praise from you seems much more rare. (Not that warning people away from potentially awful games is a bad thing, mind. You're definitely doing a valuable service there, even if we can't always agree on what constitutes "bad". It'd just be neat to see you get amped up about the games you like too, the way are now about Remember Me. In the words of a great sage, "Please be excited." ; ) )

Hey, I trumpeted about Remember me every time it was on sale for the last like, year, and I kept trying to drum up interest in Unrest (which seems to have failed). I also tried to hype up Murdered around the time when the AMD vouchers were ending and it was on sale on amazon uk. It's okay though, I know nobody ever reads my posts ;)

It's true I'm more... vocal... when I don't like something, but it's easier to say things about something you don't like than about something you DO like, just in case you spoil something you want people to experience for themselves ;)

Grief.exe

No wonder Lords of the Fallen is so expensive from key traders, doesn't even have a Russian price listed.

Looks like Evil Within has a RU locked app.

Ahh thanks for that. Is Resident Evil 5 the best one so far in the series? i never play any before.
Also I remember playing RE 4 once on a Wii. I couldn't aim worth shit cause I couldn't keep my arm still and I was young. So I panicked when I saw zombies coming at me and I could not move.
Thanks for reminding me to finish this game. Awesome from what I've played so far.

Also I didn't like the on-rail shooting of Resident Evil 4. It's so stupid at the time when I thought I could not move when trying to kill zombies.

Like what sane person would stand in one place while zombies advanced on him..
1. Which is it? played one or not?
2. Well there aren't any on-rails sections in RE4 (Unless you wanna be literal with the minecart where you can and usually have to move. Not to mention that sequence is fairly far into the game). In RE5 there is. You sure you didn't play RE5?

Regardless I would recommend that you get RE4 if you're gonna get one at all.

tmarg

Woo, won Runner 2. Loved the first one on the wii. Someone tell me this one is as good/better.

I never played too much of either since I don't really like rhythm games, but everything surrounding the gameplay is pretty great in Runner 2. If you liked the first, I'm sure you'll love it.

mantrakid

Were you at PAX handing out ads for this? Got handed one outside the convention center at night once

Hahah yeah that was totally me. :) Pleased to have met you! I hope i didnt intrude on your weekend too much. Was trying to be cool about it and not interrupt conversations or be to aggressive.

Shadownet

Banned
1. Which is it? played one or not?
2. Well there aren't any on-rails sections in RE4 (Unless you wanna be literal with the minecart where you can and usually have to move. Not to mention that sequence is fairly far into the game). In RE5 there is. You sure you didn't play RE5?

Regardless I would recommend that you get RE4 if you're gonna get one at all.

I played 4 on a Wii for 5 minutes, played like maybe 30 mins-1 hour of Resident Evil 5. I don't mean like literally on-rail. BUT it was strange at the time that I can't move and shoot at the same time.

Brah were you trippin on molly

I had a crush on a girl named Molly at the time. So yeah, I was quite tripping.
True Story.

rtcn63

I had a crush on a girl named Molly at the time. So yeah, I was quite tripping.
True Story.

Is dis u

tumblr_lk9t7sgpPd1qdzjvr.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
oh you mean the part where you ride the trolley cars across a chasm and you can literally move around in the cart and have to in order to dodge things and move to other carts?
Still technically on rails even though I'm pretty sure shadownet was referring to the tank controls in the first place.

Shadownet

Banned
Still technically on rails even though I'm pretty sure shadownet was referring to the tank controls in the first place.

I never got to any tank lol. I literally mean it was kinda stupid (at the time) that I can shoot, but in order to move. I have to stop aiming down sight, move, realign and shoot again. At the time I have never play a game like that before. and playing on the Wii with my jittery arms wasn't helping.

MUnited83

For you.
I never got to any tank lol. I literally mean it was kinda stupid (at the time) that I can shoot, but in order to move. I have to stop aiming down sight, move, realign and shoot again. At the time I have never play a game like that before. and playing on the Wii with my jittery arms wasn't helping.

Tank controls is not about thanks, but the way your character moves :p

Sajjaja

Tank controls mean slow to move and turn your character. Not an actual tank lol.

Wii version was definitive version until new PC version came out
Haven't played RE6, huh?
Up until that time smarty pants.

Shadownet

Banned
Tank controls is not about thanks, but the way your character moves :p

Tank controls mean slow to move and turn your character. Not an actual tank lol.

Wii version was definitive version until new PC version came out.

See? I spend a combined of maybe less than 1 hour on all the Resident Evil game. So yeah I don't know what tank control mean. But I will buy Resident Evil 4 and give it another try. After all. Leon Kennedy is a
you know. ;)

Deitus

Actually, that's technically not what tank controls refers to. It refers to the specific way you control a character in Resident Evil (and similar games). Basically, you can only move forward or backward, and you have to stop all forward motion in order to rotate your character before you can move in a different direction. You literally steer your character the way you would a tank.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Shooting a pistol accurately is actually incredibly difficult, the difficulty increases when your target is moving.

You can shoot while moving, but its rarely done.
It's a zombie game. What the hell does it matter if that kind of shooting is unrealistic? All that should matter is gameplay feeling good, and for me it doesn't.

Woo, won Runner 2. Loved the first one on the wii. Someone tell me this one is as good/better.
It is as good, but way easier. Like, a lot. If that's a good or bad thing is up to you to decide.

Gameplay is the same, with some nice new additions. And it's a lot longer, plus you have to play it three times, once in each difficulty, if you want to 100% it.

KarmaCow

Does Steamworld Dig get less tedious? I've only played about an hour of it but the inventory limit is kinda annoying. I can see the potential for not mindlessly digging down but it feels like you can't spend more than three minutes digging before you inventory gets filled. I would like it a lot more if it was like the caves with more focused platforming.

It's a zombie game. What the hell does it matter if that kind of shooting is unrealistic? All that should matter is gameplay feeling good, and for me it doesn't.

I agree completely, realism in of itself is such a worthless goal outside of sims.

Shadownet

Banned
So I'm guessing Resident Evil 6 is more mainstream? in term of like more action type gameplay?

If so I might pick it up, even if the story is bad.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Actually, that's technically not what tank controls refers to. It refers to the specific way you control a character in Resident Evil (and similar games). Basically, you can only move forward or backward, and you have to stop all forward motion in order to rotate your character before you can move in a different direction. You literally steer your character the way you would a tank.

Not really I'd change trajectory in RE2 all the time running against walls when hallways were starting to get too crowded or turn around until they implemented quick turn shortcuts in later games.

So I'm guessing Resident Evil 6 is more mainstream? in term of like more action type gameplay?

If so I might pick it up, even if the story is bad.

It's probably the least popular with fans but it's doesn't seem like a bad game. I watched Dusk Golem play it and bought it since it looked like fun even though it's not what I'd expect or want from an RE game.

Tellaerin

Now I really want to see someone wire up a Battlezone cabinet to a PC or Playstation and play through one of the old RE games that way.

rtcn63

Didn't the HD Remake have an issue where QTEs were borked? Like when asked to press X+A or something, it would only register part of the time. Was that ever fixed?

It has one of the best TPS mechanics of last gen. Go play it. Especially mercenaries.

Yep. The game doesn't teach you anything though, so you have to experiment a bit with the controls and maybe read something online. But it feels really good when you know what you're doing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Seems a new chinese VN just got greenlit. Just saw it on my activity feed that you should vote for it a few hours ago. Now its greenlit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309886448

268x268.resizedimage
Their foreheads bother me. ):
Didn't the HD Remake have an issue where QTEs were borked? Like when asked to press X+A or something, it would only register part of the time. Was that ever fixed?

Yeah that was fixed in a patch.

Lomax

Does Steamworld Dig get less tedious? I've only played about an hour of it but the inventory limit is kinda annoying. I can see the potential for not mindlessly digging down but it feels like you can't spend more than three minutes digging before you inventory gets filled. I would like it a lot more if it was like the caves with more focused platforming.

Don't be quite as thorough with your digging, and don't be afraid to buy teleporters. You'll also discover portals back to the surface pretty often which will make town sell trips pretty quick. In general strive to move on to the next new area and ability, it will make the game a lot more enjoyable, and you can still come back later and be more completionist. The caves you find with the new abilities are much more platform and puzzle based than the main area is. Also, buy the inventory expansions when you can, that will make things a lot smoother.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

That looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing :D

Seems a new chinese VN just got greenlit. Just saw it on my activity feed that you should vote for it a few hours ago. Now its greenlit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309886448

268x268.resizedimage

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom