• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

That Sega bundle at GMG is really damn good value, I'd recommend it for anyone that doesn't has it.

I've been wavering on it since the sale started. I've already got Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain, and I can't decide whether or not it's worth it for Crazy Taxi and Viking.

Actually I hope this time they have some native english speaking proofreaders. Shan Gui suffered from a bad translation and I think an editor or a proofreader could fix that easily.

Deitus

Not really I'd change trajectory in RE2 all the time running against walls when hallways were starting to get too crowded or turn around until they implemented quick turn shortcuts in later games.

I'm aware that you had a certain degree of control even while moving, and I considered mentioning quick turn, but decided to keep my post simplistic.

The point is that with tank controls, character movement and rotation are mechanically separate actions. This is in contrast to most 3D action games, where your character moves in the direction you point the stick and automatically rotates to face that direction.

Ozium

Does Steamworld Dig get less tedious? I've only played about an hour of it but the inventory limit is kinda annoying. I can see the potential for not mindlessly digging down but it feels like you can't spend more than three minutes digging before you inventory gets filled. I would like it a lot more if it was like the caves with more focused platforming.

yeah it gets less tedious as you build up your character, also you can buy those teleports to quicklly sell your loot and return to your digging area

edit: also RE6 isn't that bad of a game, it's just a shitty RE game

AsfaeksBR

Does Steamworld Dig get less tedious? I've only played about an hour of it but the inventory limit is kinda annoying.

I had the same feeling when I first played it, but I kept going because I had nothing else to play.
And then around the third hour of gameplay, something amazing happened, and then you get to see how good the level design is. It was worth it!

re: steamworld dig

using 360 pad-controls are just really weird. using the pad rather than left stick. pressing up switches to the rocket hand. pressing up using the stick cycles the utility devices which I can inadvertently use. am i the only one who is having issues like this? any fixes>? makes the game much more annoying than need be

Debating whether to grab Resident Evil 5 with 4 while it's on sale or not.

I probably wouldn't play it until after GFWL is removed but I don't know if it will be this cheap for awhile.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree completely, realism in of itself is such a worthless goal outside of sims.
I wouldn't disregard realism as a whole, some elements can help depending on the game. Not only for sims, but for less arcade games too. I just don't want to see realistic shooting in a zombie game, despite it being survival horror.

Debating whether to grab Resident Evil 5 with 4 while it's on sale or not.

I probably wouldn't play it until after GFWL is removed but I don't know if it will be this cheap for awhile.
It's been 4.99 before. The games aren't gonna be moved to steamworks until next year, right? May as well see what it goes for sale at in the meantime and just wait it out.

gngf123

If this can get on Greenlight, then Saya no Uta can almost assuredly get on Greenlight.

That third picture. That eighth picture.

Horror and violence is fine, it's just the sex that seems to cause a lot of VN's to be held back. Saya included.

This seems somewhat tame compared to Saya.

mantrakid

Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

Here's a few keys first come first served if you guys/girls want to check it out.

6JMBC-WHE7T-DDEH0
69P6E-A0DF8-5L36X
IDBCE-7ER60-KEN9M

dani_dc

That reminds me! I need to go use my credit on the TotD DLC.

Not a bad use of credit, I'll probably skip it for now, haven't finished the regular mode yet.

I've been wavering on it since the sale started. I've already got Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain, and I can't decide whether or not it's worth it for Crazy Taxi and Viking.

I would say no, can't talk about Viking, but Crazy Taxi is part of the Dreamcast collection which goes around for cheap often enough and it's not a great port to begin with.
Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain are really the value of this particular bundle.

Here's a few keys first come first served if you guys/girls want to check it out.

6JMBC-WHE7T-DDEH0
69P6E-A0DF8-5L36X
IDBCE-7ER60-KEN9M

Didn't get any of the keys, but nice of you to give them away
(that word of mouth marketing uh? =p )
, good luck with your launch, game looks fun.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can fill in for some of the co-op parts if you need me to; I have the game installed, so I'm always available to lend a helping hand. :D
Aww thats nice of you! I'll let you know whenever I get to it.

For Mercs or campaign? I already played the campaign a lot so you will probably want new timer instead.
Yeah I'm going to play the campaign when I get to it and I've never actually touched Mercs in any RE game. lol

Aww thats nice of you! I'll let you know whenever I get to it.

Yeah I'm going to play the campaign when I get to it and I've never actually touched Mercs in any RE game. lol

fyi if you are gonna play coop RE6, the mic is ALWAYS on. You can't turn it off in-game so you might wanna toggle/turn it off.

zkylon

zkylewd
dam the pain is real

what did this woman do to me

is this a troll?
?

I agree with zky on this though, it was hyped like there is no tomorrow and still is. While it has some nice things going about, like nice, huge, accessible world, combat is plain, uninteresting and boring, though, level capping our ability to hurt monsters doesn't help either, sidequests are bad, story could be passable if gameplay was good, which is wasn't, definitely letdown.
it's just an single player mmo which is as bad as it sounds

story and characters save it for me although both are the weakest of all the xeno series

Xenosaga 1 and 2 are legit bad... I enjoy them but I can tell you they are bad.. ep 3 is awesome but the story is so rushed because of episode 2...
i enjoyed all 3 xenosagas. yea 2 is the worst but it's not nearly as bad as ppl made it to be. 1 is really good but it's got like the slowest first act in the history of videogames. still really cool game, full of ambition and scale.

like xenosaga is the real deal sequel to xenogears, similar themes, similar level of evangelionness, it's fantastic

xenoblade is just hits own thing, which was enjoyable at first but a total slug by the end and the story isn't even that good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sgt.Pepper:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sgt.Pepper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-175098380ECE836E - Taken by L.O.R.D
Cortex Command -- MB-992648145A0165F4 - Taken by danhese007
Some keys I had laying around.

dani_dc

it's just an single player mmo which is as bad as it sounds

story and characters save it for me although both are the weakest of all the xeno series

What made Xenoblade for me was the world, few games manage to create such a visually and atmospheric world as Xenoblade did.

Vlad

Does Steamworld Dig get less tedious? I've only played about an hour of it but the inventory limit is kinda annoying. I can see the potential for not mindlessly digging down but it feels like you can't spend more than three minutes digging before you inventory gets filled. I would like it a lot more if it was like the caves with more focused platforming.

Yeah, you're having the same issue I had with the game: it's incredibly dull and repetitive. It's pretty, but that's about it. Aside from the scarce puzzle caves, the entire game is just "dig until your inventory is full, return to surface, upgrade, repeat", which got old fast. It's the only game I've played where I was simultaneously wishing it would end sooner and keep going longer in the hopes that something more interesting would happen.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Papers Please -- MB-F9F857AC56BAF259 - Taken by darkchewie
Steamworld Dig -- MB-12F49567B8B12A5A - Taken by salazar547
Gone Home -- MB-D6CAE4C148FD69EB - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Gunpoint -- MB-298F6AFCD7C3DF53 - Taken by Hero Prinny

zkylon

zkylewd
What made Xenoblade for me was the world, few games manage to create such a visually and atmospheric world as Xenoblade did.

yea i mean i'm being overly simplistic here cos u already talked a lot about xenoblade but sure, it's got a cool, huge ass world with awesome music and gigantic mamoth-like enemies and such

but like there's nothing interesting to do in it other than kill enemies, and i thought the combat was pretty bad so yea

Ozium

yea i mean i'm being overly simplistic here cos u already talked a lot about xenoblade but sure, it's got a cool, huge ass world with awesome music and gigantic mamoth-like enemies and such

but like there's nothing interesting to do in it other than kill enemies, and i thought the combat was pretty bad so yea

so what you are saying is that you were
not
really feelin' it?

dani_dc

Not going to disagree with those points, combat was dull and very non-eventful, changing characters kind of help me keep playing the game, but overall the game could really use some work on that area, hopefully this gets fixed on X.

Xenoblade is really a game for people that want to get lost in the world itself more so than game mechanics, and if that's the type of game someone is looking for, I'd recommend Xenoblade without a second thought.. if you're going to play it on Dolphin anyway, playing it at 1080p really changed my experience with the game.

If you want interesting mechanics, then yeah, I'd recommend looking elsewhere as well.

RS4-

Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

Damn, looking forward to this!

so i finished Ys 1 , the game feels short and incomplete for example there is gold to buy things but you can only buy like 6 things and thats it so after you buy all of that the gold is useless , however i had fun with the game and the final boss was hard so i hope that Ys 2 is at least a little better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom