• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon guys, no one knows?

JaseC usually knows these things. Guess jshackles would also know about it.

so i finished Ys 1 , the game feels short and incomplete for example there is gold to buy things but you can only buy like 6 things and thats it so after you buy all of that the gold is useless , however i had fun with the game and the final boss was hard so i hope that Ys 2 is at least a little better

Its not. Ys2 is essentially the same as Ys 1. Thats why its kinda sold as a single game on Steam.

mantrakid

Dang it, too late! Game looks great. How much is it going to cost?

Thanks guys and congrats to the 'winners'. Sorry I was so loosey goosey but the thread seemed active enough they'd get snatched up by real peeps.

Game will cost $9.99 in early access and upon final release. The first week (Sept 29-Oct 6) it will be 10% off, so i think that's $8.99ish?

dani_dc

so i finished Ys 1 , the game feels short and incomplete for example there is gold to buy things but you can only buy like 6 things and thats it so after you buy all of that the gold is useless , however i had fun with the game and the final boss was hard so i hope that Ys 2 is at least a little better

Buying things in Ys games is essentially a secondary system of XP and leveling up.

I would say that Ys 2 is a better game, is has some improvements and it's overall a "grander" game, but it's very much a sequel to Ys 1, it picks up the strengths of the first game and builds upon them without changing too much,

zkylon

zkylewd
so what you are saying is that you were
not
really feelin' it?
-_-

Not going to disagree with those points, combat was dull and very non-eventful, changing characters kind of help me keep playing the game, but overall the game could really use some work on that area, hopefully this gets fixed on X.

Xenoblade is really a game for people that want to get lost in the world itself more so than game mechanics, and if that's the type of game someone is looking for, I'd recommend Xenoblade without a second thought.. if you're going to play it on Dolphin anyway, playing it at 1080p really changed my experience with the game.

If you want interesting mechanics, then yeah, I'd recommend looking elsewhere as well.
well i came from playing xenosaga so def i didn't really expect deep mechanics and whatnot

i'm mostly a story-driven player so i wanted a good story and to some degree xenoblade provided that but not nearly as much as xenosaga or xenogears did

i mean it was like skyrim in that it had "an huge immersive world" but like 90% of your interactions with the game are tedious and uninteresting. but fortunately for xenoblade it actually had a story and likable characters so it was mostly worth sticking with

also
robo fiora
was fucking cool

Ozium

Ys I and II were originally going to be one game but were split up by the publisher iirc

How does "I can get tons of gold and I have nothing to spend it on" make the game incomplete? Is Fallout 3 incomplete because I maxed out at level 20 pretty early from exploration and doing random sidequests so killing enemies and everything else that rewarded xp was useless? It's not quite a perfect comparison, but I think it makes my point.

Ys I and II were originally going to be one game but were split up by the publisher iirc

I wonder if the differences in combat and stuff were because the games WERE split? Sort of the opposite of Okami, I guess. :)

--

Why is my activity feed full of people now owning Eliminage Gothic?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So here's a message that was left on the Idle Master Steam group:

Just wanna put this out there but this program is broken for me. I bought In-Flux a game jshack has so I bought it.. It idled.. and only 3 cards dropped.. so I just spend 10 dollars on a game to get 50 cents of card drops? dufuq?

Sometimes I really feel for those fine Valve support folks.

dani_dc

well i came from playing xenosaga so def i didn't really expect deep mechanics and whatnot

i'm mostly a story-driven player so i wanted a good story and to some degree xenoblade provided that but not nearly as much as xenosaga or xenogears did

i mean it was like skyrim in that it had "an huge immersive world" but like 90% of your interactions with the game are tedious and uninteresting. but fortunately for xenoblade it actually had a story and likable characters so it was mostly worth sticking with

also
robo fiora
was fucking cool

Never played either Xenogears or Xenosaga(I own the second game, first one never came out here in Europe) so I didn't had those expectations.

Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of the typical "huge immersive world" games, I haven't played Skyrim yet, but my experience with Fallout 3 and (the little bit I played of) Oblivion left me very unimpressed. Mostly because the world themselves don't feel unique and you start noticing the same "areas" appearing over and over again.
I recall being impressed with the world of Fallout for the first hour, afterwards I just kept seeing the same thing over and over again and occasionally would find something unique looking once every 5 hours.
Xenoblade by comparission kept me going by having a new interesting and unique area just as I was done with the last one.

Robo Fiora
was cool, though it really felt like an asspull out of nowhere.

So here's a message that was left on the Idle Master Steam group:

Sometimes I really feel for those fine Valve support folks.

lmao
laugh.gif

Dmax3901

Rome II DLC was on sale at GMG but it was out of stock, and then I had to go to sleep and when I woke up it was in stock but the sale had ended ;(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess he thought Idle Master would magically give you infinite cards or something.

Yep that's my only guess too. I mean if that were true, I'd be running it 24-7 on all my games with animu cards and would already own the entire Steam store by now.

Maybe people just look at the game count on my profile and assume that's how I did it anyway...

zkylon

zkylewd
Never played either Xenogears or Xenosaga(I own the second game, first one never came out here in Europe) so I didn't had those expectations.

Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of the typical "huge immersive world" games, I haven't played Skyrim yet, but my experience with Fallout 3 and (the little bit I played of) Oblivion left me very unimpressed. Mostly because the world themselves don't feel unique and you start noticing the same "areas" appearing over and over again.
I recall being impressed with the world of Fallout for the first hour, afterwards I just kept seeing the same thing over and over again and occasionally would find something unique looking once every 5 hours.
Xenoblade by comparission kept me going by having a new interesting and unique area just as I was done with the last one.

Robo Fiora
was cool, though it really felt like an asspull out of nowhere.
you should play them, they are slow to start but they're fucking awesome. nothing like xenoblade tho, but they're really good rpgs

i really love those games, you got my personal guarantee they're great

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Gunpoint and a few Desura Keys:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gunpoint -- MB-D1E4DCF7A509FB09 - Taken by lucebuce12
ulgzbKC.png
Crunch Time (Desura) -- MB-1F2DFF16A7F368DF
ulgzbKC.png
LUNA SHATTERED HEARTS EPISODE 1 (Desura) -- MB-8F832A5227B7C9F6 - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
100% ORANGE JUICE (Desura) -- MB-5830485D6816AB04 - Taken by Uraizen. 1 entrants total.
).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yep that's my only guess too. I mean if that were true, I'd be running it 24-7 on all my games with animu cards and would already own the entire Steam store by now.

Maybe people just look at the game count on my profile and assume that's how I did it anyway...

2014-09-12_03-24-35.jpg

Ozium

Just bought like 5 games that cost like a dollar and it just keeps saying the same thing when I try to idle.:
WELCOME TO IDLE MASTER
Finding games that have card drops remaining
No games have been blacklisted
Idle master needs to idle 0 games
Successfully completed idling proccess
Press Enter to continue...

What shbould I do to fix this?

michaeljordan.gif

dani_dc

you should play them, they are slow to start but they're fucking awesome. nothing like xenoblade tho, but they're really good rpgs

i really love those games

If you like jrpgs you owe it to yourself to atleast play Xenogears.

Unfortunately neither Xenogears or Xenosaga are available on Europe, so I'd have to jump through some hoops to play them, it's something I'll try doing so in the future if an alternative doesn't show up.

The talk about Xenosaga HD makes me hopeful that the situation will be fixed though..

Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!

It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.

i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)

Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.

Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398

Nice to see it getting released, feels like it was yesterday when I played alpha/demo build.

iosefe

when are you playing I just made food..

I need to know this as well.. Thursday Night Football is going on.. Plus the C9 match is coming up in 20 mins.

i guess eventually? i wanted to do 10, but i think 10:30 could work. i don't see a game scheduled for C9 on Lolesports. o.o

i'm sure they'll destroy

i can play in 1 more hour :v

somewhere between 10:30 and 11 we can sfaely start i think

+++all times stated are EDT/EST+++

Nabs

Ys 2 is significantly better and longer. Ys 1 is basically the intro.

zkylon

zkylewd
Unfortunately neither Xenogears or Xenosaga are available on Europe, so I'd have to jump through some hoops to play them, it's something I'll try doing so in the future if an alternative doesn't show up.

The talk about Xenosaga HD makes me hopeful that the situation will be fixed though..

buy another copy of xenoblade and pirate them? lol

isn't xenogears on psn or something?

...that doesn't sound particularly bad to me on principle, though. :p
maybe you have a hearing problem

dani_dc

buy another copy of xenoblade and pirate them? lol

isn't xenogears on psn or something?

For whatever reason, not on Europe. I guess they figured the original game wasn't released here, so why bother with the PSN release?

I can create a secondary account on PSN and buy it that way I suppose, but feels like a bit too much work for one game that I won't play anytime soon (especially not with college starting next week).

Momentary

Banned
I got 6 more games to go for my 52 games this year. I think they're going to be:
1. Deponia
2. BlazBlue (story mode)
3. GGX2#R (Story Mode)
4. Castlvania LOS2
5. Castlevania LOS2: Revalations
6..... I have to choose between Dishonored or Walking Dead Season 1

I got 6 more games to go for my 52 games this year. I think they're going to be:
1. Deponia
2. BlazBlue (story mode)
3. GGX2#R (Story Mode)
4. Castlvania LOS2
5. Castlevania LOS2: Revalations
6..... I have to choose between Dishonored or Walking Dead Season 1

For Dishonored versus Walking Dead Season 1, I'd have to say Dishonored, mainly because Walking Dead only has story and characters ( and while they're fantastic),

Dishonored has great gameplay, atmosphere, graphics and great levels and story as well as characters.

zkylon

zkylewd
For whatever reason, not on Europe. I guess they figured the original game wasn't released here, so why bother with the PSN release?

I can create a secondary account on PSN and buy it that way I suppose, but feels like a bit too much work for one game that I won't play anytime soon (especially not with college starting next week).

imo xenogears is the best ps1 era jrpg so i totes recommend you find the time for it someday

doesn't have the most engaging or deep combat system ever but it's flashy and fun and the story is fucking messed up, i love it

also the soundtrack is amazing

some day money people will stop being stupid and release it in a way you can buy it. do so!

jshackles

Also see: the first Parasite Eve

Wow, that sucks, it's such a great game. I played it recently on my Vita and it's still so very very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom