• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Dishonored versus Walking Dead Season 1, I'd have to say Dishonored, mainly because Walking Dead only has story and characters ( and while they're fantastic),

Dishonored has great gameplay, atmosphere, graphics and great levels and story as well as characters.

If he shut himself away for a bit he could get Walking Dead done in a day though, so he could be able to squeeze both in.

Turfster

Wow, that sucks, it's such a great game. I played it recently on my Vita and it's still so very very good.

Yeah, it's bizarre that they haven't thrown up the first one because jesus christ guys it's not like NTSC and PAL has meant anything in the last 10 years at least.

KarmaCow

I had the same feeling when I first played it, but I kept going because I had nothing else to play.
And then around the third hour of gameplay, something amazing happened, and then you get to see how good the level design is. It was worth it!

I'm not really trying to be a completionist, just trying to get cash to upgrade the pick so digging doesn't take 5 hits per block. I'll give it another shot since you say it changes significantly but most of the impressions I've heard are like Vlad's with not many people completing the game.

I wouldn't disregard realism as a whole, some elements can help depending on the game. Not only for sims, but for less arcade games too. I just don't want to see realistic shooting in a zombie game, despite it being survival horror.

Striving for realism is an easy way to make the world more coherent and believable but it's just annoying when it's used to excuse a particular element of a game that already has unrealistic elements. Realism should never come at the cost of making a mechanic balanced. In RE4's case, the game is balanced around the shooting (see how the Wiimote breaks RE4) so it's something that kinda fades into the background after a while for me.

Steam is drunk

n4iItKl.png

it's just an single player mmo which is as bad as it sounds

story and characters save it for me although both are the weakest of all the xeno series

Are you the nega me? The characters and story are all overhyped overemotional idgits straight out of a middle school drama class. The game world however is huge, beautiful, and crazy awesome to explore, finding new unique monsters, items, crystals to craft gems, collectibles which lead to uber loot, and just taking in the sights. And the position based combat and abilities system always keeps the encounters fresh IMO, planning out which attacks to use in which order to either incapacitate the monster through the daze chain or to focus more on straight defense lowering and raw DPS. I will say though the quest variety needs work, and, being a completionist, I tend to be a bit overleveled for most mobs and thus death mainly comes from accidentally wandering inside the wonky detection circle of some lvl90 unique (or it wandering into mine). There's also one too many subsystems like affinities and those damn heart to hearts which take stupid long to grind for, and it throws all of these things at you pretty early on with little explanation or acclimation. I'll admit though it scratches that particular open world collectathon itch I've had since the N64 days of SM64, Banjo Kazooie, and even DK64 (Mario Galaxy also wasn't that great and I liked Sunshine, come at me bros)

how could you

I'll remember this.

All you baka gaijins are on my hit list now.

Well I bought it a while back to languish in my backlog and I've been waiting for a chance to try it out in proper multiplayer, I guess I could host a second group for more cooler people so you guys can have a totes easy punching bag?

dot

Well I bought it a while back to languish in my backlog and I've been waiting for a chance to try it out in proper multiplayer, I guess I could host a second group for more cooler people so you guys can have a totes easy punching bag?

Hey, switch with me. It's okay.

I'll play it with with someone else.

iosefe

i gotchu bro.

list updated appropriately

Ozium

decided to run the configuration for sanic (since I just bought it yesterday) before playing and it's still installing directx and crap (step 2 of 4)

wouldn't have this problem if it were the console version
Kappa

Have $15 in my Steam wallet and I'm trying to decide between Road Not Taken and Hack N Slash.

Road Not Taken has a lovely art style and sounds like an awesome mix of roguelike and puzzle mechanics. Hack N Slash just sounds so intriguing and unique, but the criticism of the endgame sounds worrisome (becomes too complex and obtuse, without enough explanations for those without much or any programming knowledge)

Any thoughts?

Hey, switch with me. It's okay.

I'll play it with with someone else.

i gotchu bro.

list updated appropriately

This outgrowth of community support in this harrowing time of backlog indecision shant soon be forgotten

But really thanks guys.

EDIT: is there some kinda in-game chat or do you guys use mumble or is that not a thing? I generlly make it a rule to not play games like this unless opponents are within cussing distance

Ozium

Have $15 in my Steam wallet and I'm trying to decide between Road Not Taken and Hack N Slash.

Road Not Taken has a lovely art style and sounds like an awesome mix of roguelike and puzzle mechanics. Hack N Slash just sounds so intriguing and unique, but the criticism of the endgame sounds worrisome (becomes too complex and obtuse, without enough explanations for those without much or any programming knowledge)

Any thoughts?

never pay full price for a double fine game

iosefe

EDIT: is there some kinda in-game chat or do you guys use mumble or is that not a thing? I generlly make it a rule to not play games like this unless opponents are within cussing distance

well, there is a gaf mumble, but we tend to just pull up the steam overlay after rounds and type it out

RE6 is OK so far, the shooting is punchy and, after reading some guides, it seems the game has some depth to its mechanics. I would have never guessed there was a counter system or a way to paint targets for the AI. It would have been nice if they slipped some more tutorial bits in the opening 45 minutes of scripted garbage.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I used mumble when DayZ was still just starting as a mod then never again. I don't think it'd be of much use most of the time though since I rarely play MP games.

YO

How did you make metro purple?

You can download a standalone application to do it, or generated your personalized online

The steam forums and community stuff has been borked for a few days now. Guess they're trying to slowly roll out updates for the new storefront and it's messing with things.

Thanks.

That is an alarming shade of magenta you've got there!

You and your fancy color names, for me it's just purple xD

Well I also mostly need to justify the $40 purchase for this awesome antlion mic which is totally awesome and worth the $40 I spent on it for being awesome. Because dammit unlike most of SteamGAF I try to actually use most of the stuff I buy

Mono

I sound like a chain smoking, rapidly-becoming-sentiant dying otter with a lung decaying disease when I have a cold, so if anyone would like their ear drums ruptured, that will cost you $5 an hour for Mumble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom