• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Contemplating Off the Record- this promise of later Steamworks has me hella excited!

I'm looking forward to a bunch of 'why didn't I wait' posts during winter sale when those games are 75% off. And who knows when exactly Steamworks will happen, could be 6 months away. It's a great game but waiting won't hurt in this case.

Nabs

The latest Lethal League patch really improved matchmaking. It was fine for me before, but now it's insanely fast.

ibezBQHCRh0VtV.png

And now for another 500.

Jawmuncher

RE:R with contents for $15, should I get it or wait?

The DLC is only worth it if you're going to play the raid mode. Weapons help a little. While Rachel Ooze has better melee and Lady Hunk has better magnum reload and firing.

Though there are better characters than them.

dude no

Also for sonic, Who am i waiting for again? i'd like to start before 11 EDT

Me I guess? Are you guys ingame already or should I join some group?

EDIT: Whew that config launcher is some D-grade 1990's shareware looking flat shaded badness. UI designer should be fired

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Finding Teddy -- MB-B0CDCB7A36611081 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-7B1FF6BD18AB6777 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-43390EC18FF9D525 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-8B360C8FA95AE9D1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1410491704z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you the nega me? The characters and story are all overhyped overemotional idgits straight out of a middle school drama class. The game world however is huge, beautiful, and crazy awesome to explore, finding new unique monsters, items, crystals to craft gems, collectibles which lead to uber loot, and just taking in the sights. And the position based combat and abilities system always keeps the encounters fresh IMO, planning out which attacks to use in which order to either incapacitate the monster through the daze chain or to focus more on straight defense lowering and raw DPS. I will say though the quest variety needs work, and, being a completionist, I tend to be a bit overleveled for most mobs and thus death mainly comes from accidentally wandering inside the wonky detection circle of some lvl90 unique (or it wandering into mine). There's also one too many subsystems like affinities and those damn heart to hearts which take stupid long to grind for, and it throws all of these things at you pretty early on with little explanation or acclimation. I'll admit though it scratches that particular open world collectathon itch I've had since the N64 days of SM64, Banjo Kazooie, and even DK64 (Mario Galaxy also wasn't that great and I liked Sunshine, come at me bros)
what's "Are you the nega me" mean? sounds racist.

anyways u can dislike the story if u want but it was my favrite thing about the game. it wasn't anything special but i like it nonetheless, i like coming of age stories and friendship and all that. characters were pretty hit or miss but i still liked it. doesn't hold a candle to xenosaga or xenogears but well that's why i don't think this game is very good

and yeah entering an area for the first time was sometimes breathtaking and the whole world is very cool (the whole two giants thing is badass) but it's all empty. for me a world needs real content to feel alive, not just mobs and fetch quests. that's why fallout new vegas can be "just a desert" but i never tire of it, there's just lots of unique people in it and your interaction with them feels meaningful

also there's a million systems in xenoblade but none of them are really fleshed out enough and combat itself is just not very much fun. positioning doesn't mean anything since you can't dodge attacks and you can't switch characters on the fly. yea i found the game is a lot better if you don't play the same character all the time (specially shulk cos he's boring as fuck) but it's still pretty boring

i didn't hate the game or anything but it's no xenogears

That's just fantastic.

But, wait, does this mean I can't really make a living using Idle Master? I'm so disappointed.

Caerith posted a comment just now, it's perfect

Idle Master doesn't let me install Steam games on my Chrome Book. 1 star.

For those unaware one of the negative reviews for Enhanced Steam was a complaint about it not allowing to install Steam games on a Chromebook.

oipic

man remember me looks so pretty, someone give the art director a medal

Indeed - I don't think I've ever mashed F12 as much as I did when playing through Remember Me. I really quite liked the rest of the game too, and I look back on it very fondly now some weeks after finishing it.

Would be all for a sequel, or a more open-world title in the same setting - day one, as they say.

Ezalc

That used to be true but apparently it has the gifting/trading restriction now.

RU tagged by itselft alone would work on your steam.

So does or doesn't it have a restriction? Because I want to know how much the base game is over there if the DLC is all raid mode stuff. I'm considering getting the game.

EDIT: Sorry about being slow about this, first time a game I want to buy has had these tagged stuff.

That used to be true but apparently it has the gifting/trading restriction now.

RU tagged by itselft alone would work on your steam.

The ROW copy doesn't have the tag -- can't some traders get the ROW version for the RU prices, as they were doing with the LoS2 digital collection pack a day or two ago?
I know LoS2 and collection are tagged (but the dlc isn't), and yet people were able to get that (you even, maybe?) for like 4 keys.
Since my guy is currently offline, I can't ask if/how he could get it.... so I'm dealing with limited knowledge here.

Caerith posted a comment just now, it's perfect

For those unaware one of the negative reviews for Enhanced Steam was a complaint about it not allowing to install Steam games on a Chromebook.

Yep, funny one :)

Continue the good job jshackles, ES is a brilliant tool and IM is a very convenient app.

MUnited83

For you.
The ROW copy doesn't have the tag -- can't some traders get the ROW version for the RU prices, as they were doing with the LoS2 digital collection pack a day or two ago?
I know LoS2 and collection are tagged (but the dlc isn't), and yet people were able to get that (you even, maybe?) for like 4 keys.
Since my guy is currently offline, I can't ask if/how he could get it.... so I'm dealing with limited knowledge here.

Nope, because the ROW version has "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries" tag.

hey if somebody's Remember Me says it's "RU CIS", am I going to be able to play it?
Depends on the sub, some publishers made Russian specific sub yet did nothing to stop people from other regions from running it. You might want to look it up on steamdb.info.

Parsnip

Yeah, it's bizarre that they haven't thrown up the first one because jesus christ guys it's not like NTSC and PAL has meant anything in the last 10 years at least.

Yup. Part of the reason I still haven't played Xenogears is that it never came out here, and now it's just forever in my backlog. Maybe someday. My brother imported Parasite Eve so I ended up playing that at least.

At least we got Terranigma on SNES, one of the few games we got but the North America didn't. Great game too.

RE6 is OK so far, the shooting is punchy and, after reading some guides, it seems the game has some depth to its mechanics. I would have never guessed there was a counter system or a way to paint targets for the AI. It would have been nice if they slipped some more tutorial bits in the opening 45 minutes of scripted garbage.

RE6 has the worst tutorial ever.

The game is best played with a mouse & keyboard. It's far easier to memorize keys than button-combinations.

Find a quiet area, grab a movelist, and just fool around until you get a good vibe going.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I know my trader was taking orders for both games and he has them listed as RU tagged, not locked. I was trying to find the SteamDB link to post but you saved me the effort. :)

Edit: Oh, you posted LoS2? Haha, no. We're talking about Revelaitions.

RE6 has the worst tutorial ever.

The game is best played with a mouse & keyboard. It's far easier to memorize keys than button-combinations.

Find a quiet area, grab a movelist, and just fool around until you get a good vibe going.

It plays perfectly fine with a controller, as y'know, that's what the game was developed for. :p
Wouldn't know about the kb/m setup as if a game has controller support, I'm using it.

We're talking about Resident Evil Revelations, Lords of Shadow was just a example he gave of a game that could be aqquired region free despite the Russian version being locked.

Well, since my guy has "RU tagged, not locked", I'm assuming he's using these:
http://steamdb.info/sub/27842/

You can only buy it if you're in the country list, but if the game has english and everything, it's not prevented from being traded... that would explain his note about it.

MUnited83

For you.
Well, since my guy has "RU tagged, not locked", I'm assuming he's using these:
http://steamdb.info/sub/27842/

You can only buy it if you're in the country list, but if the game has english and everything, it's not prevented from being traded... that would explain his note about it.

Hmm, that's weird, I could have swear that I saw the gifting/trading restriction on the base game. So yeah, you're right, RU/CIS base game is not region locked, just the complete version.

Tenrius

How do you like my new avatar, fellow SteamGAF people? It's a stupid old photo, but I kinda like it, also use it on Twitter etc. Lord Zetta was getting a little old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom