• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just ask here: can't I pay for TF2 items with my credit card?
do I have to put 5, 10, 25$€ on my wallet?

don't like having a few cents left, I'll probably never spend..

As long as you're going to buy a steam game at some point in the future, you can use whatever remaining balance you have towards the purchase.

Or you can use Enhanced Steam to add the exact amount you want to your wallet.

Or maybe if you have your credit card saved as your default payment method, the market will charge it if you do not have enough to make a community purchase.

Beware, I think adding a credit card to your account will get you a 7 day marketplace time out.

I'll just ask here: can't I pay for TF2 items with my credit card?
do I have to put 5, 10, 25$€ on my wallet?

don't like having a few cents left, I'll probably never spend..

You could use Enhanced Steam which allows you to add a custom amount of money (greater than the minimum of $5) to your wallet. If the item you're looking to buy is cheaper than that then you're out of luck. Although don't you think you'll probably end up using that spare change at some point in the future on Steam anyway?

edit - beaten by the poisonous snowman

And this is why you don't sign up for random giveaways from unknowns.

one-armed-man.jpg

Chariot

Oh wait, why did nobody tell me about this?!
Today we’re very glad to announce that we’ll be bringing modding support to Fable Anniversary on Steam! At launch there will be a free, optional download which will give you the Unreal 3 Editor and all the data from the game, enabling you to completely change any of the art or animation in Fable Anniversary. We are also working to integrate this into Steam Workshops sometime after launch.
http://www.lionhead.com/blog/2014/september/11/fable-anniversary-modding/

If people make new exciting quests or maybe while adventures I so gonna buy the shit of it.

Ronik

Maybe eventually, maybe not though.
I've been listing the MGS deals for a few months now because they're quite good, really, and some of them haven't been equaled yet anywhere else (the M&M one for example)

Yeah, the M&MX deal was really good.

I can't really answer your question, but keep in mind that their complete edition is incomplete... You are actually missing 30€ worth of skins (at full-price)

Those skins are basically useless, though. I mean, you will ever use maybe one or two of them.

pahamrick

So, I don't know if GOG screwed up or what but I was sent 2 separate emails for The Witcher Adventure Game beta, so I got 4 different codes and I only needed 2.

So, are any of you fine folks here in need of a beta invite?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

PGP3OVL.png
Witcher Adventure Beta GOG #2 -- MB-178B8184CA53A89B
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher Adventure Beta GOG -- MB-5E3D2CFF83B0E6CD - Taken by iosefe

Those skins are basically useless, though. I mean, you will ever use maybe one or two of them.

Yes of course. But some are quite nice... (I managed to grab them for 3€)
Ah... the golden days where unlocking skins was a reward...

Imagine today... they would charge 20€ for the sprite/palette swap at the end of Super Mario World.

madjoki

So, I don't know if GOG screwed up or what but I was sent 2 separate emails for The Witcher Adventure Game beta, so I got 4 different codes and I only needed 2.

Probably GOG screw up, can confirm, I got two emails too.
I thought codes was the same, but they are indeed different.

Well Rockstar can fuck right off with that delay for PC. I'm just going to spend my hard earned GMG credit on another game instead.

Not sure what's really coming out though in the next few months that I should look into.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Pixel Hunter -- MB-A3530AE4B1F9E9BD - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Micron (Desura) -- MB-74E054F79FDD1268 - Taken by cardinalmind

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's disturbing how many of those I would buy on Steam even as straight iOS ports with no real features.

Count me as one of those people, even though I already own the available Android versions of most of those.

Ah, in that case many thanks to Jshackles then!

tumblr_inline_mi6svmYmRa1qz4rgp.gif

Happy Steam birthday! I imagine a lot of people will be seeing this today since it's 11 years since Steam was released.

I never realized custom wallet charges were an ES feature, J confirmed wizard

Yep, that's Enhanced Steam although you've been able to do this forever using the javascript console. Enhanced Steam just adds a user interface for it.

Chariot

As it says in the quote, only art and animation can be modified.
I thought that there would maybe be more possible with Steam Workshop. But if not, murf :(

At least Munchy can replace the hero with a vicious raptor.

---

Btw. I just watching Totalbiscuit's Stream of the game. Looks terrible. Well, it "looks" good, but you can't use the mouse in the menu, you can't rebind keys, you use the actual key "a" and "b" to use the menu and the game had a icky sound problem the first time he started it. Let's see how it turns out further. :(

Lomax

Probably GOG screw up, can confirm, I got two emails too.
I thought codes was the same, but they are indeed different.

Yeah, same here, got two emails and thus four codes. I'm guessing there may have been a mail intended for people that already were in the Beta to give to friends, along with one for people who now qualified, and they forgot to make them mutually exclusive. I'll drop all four keys here in a little bit or anyone who wants one feel free to message me.

OK, my wishlist has grown bigger than what I want it to be. Winter Sale SAVE ME.

I set a hard limit on my wishlist so any time I add something new I take something off. I also stopped putting games on my wishlist I know I'll only ever buy in bundles.

L.O.R.D

anyone have problem with dispenser.tf ?
i am trying to use the trade bot , but it wont send me the trade offer
i pressed the onsite purchase , but it say i don't have the items in my inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom