• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I just woke up to find out that GTA V was delayed on PC. Expected, I guess, but I can only think of two reasons.

1. They want to help out current-gen console sales.
2. They want to optimize the PC version as much as possible. Yeah, I know PS4/XB1 are basically PCs, but remember Watch Dogs, Dead Rising 3, etc.?

I was also thinking on piracy, but considering the relatively short delay, people who were going to pirate the game aren't buying the game on new consoles -let alone buy a new console too- to play the game when they already know the PC version release date (or just hope Rockstar isn't thinking on that -__- ).

They just want as many suckers as possible to quintuple dip. Blame everyone with too much loose money and complete lack of patiente.

The Ultimate Grim Reaper in Dead Rising 3 is ridiculously overpowered. Talk about making a game too easy.

Saw that when Giant Bomb was covering the game. It basically breaks the game from the moment you get it.

I'm conflicted as to whether i would get it in my playthrough, though. I mean, if it's in the game and the devs haven't made an effort to nerf it then it's fair play, right? Like throwing your friends in SFII, if it's there it's there.

i am trying to get Dead rising 2 complete pack for 4 keys , but can't find some one sell it for that
only 4.5 keys
found someone want 4 keys + 1 ref
i don't play TF2 , soo , could someone send me 1 ref for free ? please ?

i had a gentleman agree to trade DMC for 2.5 keys. Got the 2 keys and the TOD ticket, only for him to realize that it should actually be going for 3 keys.

Now, i'm sitting on a TOD ticket, wondering when i can get a decent deal that asks for .5 of a key. Almost got LP3, just to rid myself of it : /

GaussTek

Didn't they just remove the radio tracks they'd lost the licensing rights to?

That's probably the case. I also remember reading that some pages ago :(

1. "Helping"? Certainly not. Paid by Sony (who will most likely release a PS4+GTAV bundle just in time for christmas)? Probably. Trying to get ppl to triple-dip? Maybe.
2. I'm trying to convince me with that point as well lol, but probably not.

Yeah, trying to get people to triple-dip, that's another reason (and probably the real one lol).

Tellaerin

A couple of people who managed to grab the beta before it eas password-proetcted confirmed directinput support (and widescreen, I believe) as well as the music tracks being pulled. Nabs was talking about it, if memory serves.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i am trying to get Dead rising 2 complete pack for 4 keys , but can't find some one sell it for that
only 4.5 keys
found someone want 4 keys + 1 ref
i don't play TF2 , soo , could someone send me 1 ref for free ? please ?

I have one bit of ref sitting in my inventory if you still need it.

That was part of the update.

Vuze

The Ultimate Grim Reaper in Dead Rising 3 is ridiculously overpowered. Talk about making a game too easy.

I dunno, I sorta like Elemental Staff and the Grim Reaper, I think it's fun to rush cutting and smashing through hoards of zombies. From what I've heard DR1/2 are supposed to be challenging etc. so this obviously isn't the case with DR3 (I died... once in my playthrough? lol) but I really enjoyed it.

I really have no idea. I think I read what I said in this thread... but I might be making stuff up.

but if what you are saying is true, it would be an incredibly bold move to remove songs from a game that I purchased when they still had the licensing rights...

AsfaeksBR

I didn't know The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was coming out so soon, and so cheap too.

I'm interested in it, but does someone know if it's more like Dear Esther (walking simulator) or moe like Murdered: Soul Suspect (walking simulator, but with a good story and awesome exploration)?

derExperte

I didn't know The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was coming out so soon, and so cheap too.

I'm interested in it, but does someone know if it's more like Dear Esther (walking simulator) or moe like Murdered: Soul Suspect (walking simulator, but with a good story and awesome exploration)?

It'll be free roam, you can go everywhere on the map and the gameplay consists of finding and combinig clues which appears to be more complex than the simple 'run to the glowing thing and press X' of Murdered. Watch this: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/22/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-commented-gameplay

Fable Anniversary is out in 30 minutes.

I couldn't bring TLC to not crash so I bought Anniversary, can't wait.

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh, look, a 50% off Nidhogg coupon.
How about you fix your netcode first, devs, instead of announcing VITA and PS4 versions?
Maybe then I'll buy your game so I can play with my friends on the other side of the world.

It also needs more stages

AsfaeksBR

It'll be free roam, you can go everywhere on the map and the gameplay consists of finding and combinig clues which appears to be more complex than the simple 'run to the glowing thing and press X' of Murdered. Watch this: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/22/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-commented-gameplay

Oooh, sounds amazing. I actually really liked Murdered, so I'll definitely check it out.
And since there's 2 weeks until release, I'll download and re-play Bulletstorm since it's from the same developers!

JaseC

did they ever make mods to put songs back into Vice City? I wonder if that was a thing and if it would be possible to do that with San Andreas.

I don't think so. A cursory search brought up a few people asking about it but no actual details.

Oooh, sounds amazing. I actually really liked Murdered, so I'll definitely check it out.
And since there's 2 weeks until release, I'll download and re-play Bulletstorm since it's from the same developers!

Bulletstorm is a ton of fun. The humour can be hit-and-miss but screwing around with the skill-shot system never gets old.

I think I'll look at the game files when I get home and see if I can just dump the old songs/song folder into the game again. I kept a backup when I deleted SA so I wouldn't need to redo the mods and things again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'd be curious to see if GTA V gets region locked right out the gate or it's left open for a while before being locked down.

I'm pretty sure it'll be locked right out of the gate ... unless someone genuinely forgets to lock it for a brief moment (which, let's face it, won't happen)

Neat little shooter, I personally didn't like the graphic style but the gameplay is fine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Power-Up -- MB-4772DF92C83D1F59 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

t1410546906z1.png

rtcn63

I remember playing the original Fable on a 9800. Game ran like ass, crashing every few minutes, and AoE attacks were vastly superior to straight melee.

derExperte

Read a few NHL 15 nextgen reviews (no PC version) and it's a Sim City / Sims 4 situation with massively reduced features, some call it an alpha at best. What is EA doing these days?

Tizoc

Read a few NHL 15 nextgen reviews (no PC version) and it's a Sim City / Sims 4 situation with massively reduced features, some call it an alpha at best. What is EA doing these days?

Charging people for features that should've been in the game to begin with.

Mac Game Store has Borderlands 2 Complete for 73% off

GreenManGaming is doing a Squenix Weekend up to 75% off

If they remove GFWL from it, I'll double dip on Bulletstorm.

Time to grab Guardian of Light FINALLY...and Scarygirl.

That is how their sports games usually go. One year is the big graphical leap with features sliced to shreds and the next year is the one that builds on the framerate,

I fear the day I'm going to have (two hypothetical) kids... Buying 4 copies of the same game seems like a ridiculous idea.
I mean... it's not like I'll have to buy four copies of a board game or something...

As a soon-to-be intern I already don't make enough dough to purchase two copies of Divinty: OS or two copies of Beyond Earth...

...even with gaming subsidies from Putin...

I really wish Valve would further develop Family Sharing (as of now it's a useless feature, in my opinion)

JaseC

I remember playing the original Fable on a 9800. Game ran like ass, crashing every few minutes, and AoE attacks were vastly superior to straight melee.

Physical shield is pretty much game-breaking when upgraded as you can use it to your combat multplier to ridiculous levels. There's one graveyard-themed area in the game where skeletons respawn endlessly, so provided you have a healthy supply of mana potions it's a cheap way to get millions of XP.

I really wish Valve would further develop Family Sharing (as of now it's a useless feature, in my opinion)

I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, although there'll definitely be a limit. 3 would be my guess (account owner + two secondary users).

FloatOn

alright speaking of ports, I've got to get something off my chest. I think the bubble has kind of popped on iOS games, which isn't to say they are not still wildly successful. BUT! some of the earlier games that impressed years ago I think need to find a resting place in our steam libraries. I don't think it's too wild of a request considering we have had some mobile ports here and there (Year Walk for example).

To clarify, I'm not asking for every version of angry birds, I only want the games that were probably better suited for a controller and bigger screen anyway. Tell me you wouldn't want these games in your steam library:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Final Fantasy I + II
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Dragon Quest 8
The World Ends With You

Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney trilogy

I'm sure there are many more. I think all of these would take relatively minimal work and it's a damn shame that they are not already out.

I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, although there'll definitely be a limit. 3 would be my guess (account owner + two secondary users).

I think so too... but not for the same game (thus allowing multiplayer).
Even though it would be a bold move and widen the gap even further between consoles and PCs in terms of costs.

So long as you used them up on games on sale/discounted...don't beat yourself up about it.
I did. I picked up all the Typing of the Dead DLC, so it ain't so bad. And I've played the Soul Reaver games before, I just have them scattered across 3 different consoles. I've been wanting them in one place. I've gotta remember to get them next steam sale.

Lomax

alright speaking of ports, I've got to get something off my chest. I think the bubble has kind of popped on iOS games, which isn't to say they are not still wildly successful. BUT! some of the earlier games that impressed years ago I think need to find a resting place in our steam libraries. I don't think it's too wild of a request considering we have had some mobile ports here and there (Year Walk for example).

To clarify, I'm not asking for every version of angry birds, I only want the games that were probably better suited for a controller and bigger screen anyway. Tell me you wouldn't want these games in your steam library:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Final Fantasy I + II
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Dragon Quest 8
The World Ends With You

Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney trilogy

I'm sure there are many more. I think all of these would take relatively minimal work and it's a damn shame that they are not already out.

It's disturbing how many of those I would buy on Steam even as straight iOS ports with no real features.

JaseC

I think so too... but not for the same game (thus allowing multiplayer).
Even though it would be a bold move and widen the gap even further between consoles and PCs in terms of costs.

I don't think there's a technical limitation that would preclude two or more people playing the one MP game simultaneously. I looked into this myself the other week: despite the Family Sharing FAQ stating in no uncertain terms that VAC bans imposed on a secondary user will impact the account owner, such users actually retain their own Steam ID when playing a shared game rather than "borrow" that of the account owner.

Evrain

It's disturbing how many of those I would buy on Steam even as straight iOS ports with no real features.
TWEWY would hardly be playable on non touch PCs, quite frankly I think playing the game on something else but a classic ds (and yes, I have a Nintendogs metallic blue one..) is plain heresy

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Thank Jshackles, he implemented it on Enhanced Steam. xD
Ah, in that case many thanks to Jshackles then!

Hmm, I forgot Fable Anniversary was out this week. Alas that'll be for the Xmas list as I have Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs and Shadowgate to get through for now, among other games.

Randam

I'll just ask here: can't I pay for TF2 items with my credit card?
do I have to put 5, 10, 25$€ on my wallet?

don't like having a few cents left, I'll probably never spend..

I don't think there's a technical limitation that would preclude concurrent access of an MP game. I looked into this myself the other week: despite the Family Sharing FAQ stating in no uncertain terms that VAC bans imposed on a secondary user will impact the account owner, such users actually retain their own Steam ID when playing a shared game rather than "borrow" that of the account owner.

Even though I wasn't aware of these technical aspects I was actually implying economical reasons behind the possible inability to play the same game at the same time. It would effectively be "pay once get three copies" (and that's exactly what I'd like).

Still... Valve might surprise us. They are already doing things that other companies probably wouldn't have done, had they been in the same position (e.g., devs being able to generate free keys, etc.)

I'll just ask here: can't I pay for TF2 items with my credit card?
do I have to put 5, 10, 25$€ on my wallet?

don't like having a few cents left, I'll probably never spend..

There's a website that sells TF2 items and lets you pay with your credit card (don't know if linking it would go against a rule, so I won't)
I would stick with the market though, at least it's safe.

JaseC

Even though I wasn't aware of these technical aspects I was actually implying economical reasons behind the possible inability to play the same game at the same time. It would effectively be "pay once get three copies" (and that's exactly what I'd like).

Still... Valve might surprise us. They are already doing things that other companies probably wouldn't have done, had they been in the same position (e.g., devs being able to generate free keys, etc.)

Yeah, I agree that simultaneous game access would be a bit generous. I was just making the point that it's something Valve could allow if it were so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom