• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Nope. The only reason that was possible with Dead Rising 3 is that Capcom made a new package and left the previous one region-free, whereas with Fable MS applied the restriction to all of them.

That's pretty nasty. Between this and seeing TB's stream they can definitely keep their game.

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-E330F7D5E7B178FD - Taken by salazar547
Explodemon -- MB-4E5510A6DA66987D - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-ADDCF40113808C05
Deponia -- MB-3157E5E9B0D9793D - Taken by someguyinahat

And for us animu fans, fall seems really great:

12th September: Planetarian

16th September: Naruto

18th September: Elminage Gothic

19th September: Cho Dengeki Stryker

September 2014: The Sacred Tears True

Fall 2014: Tera MMO

Fall 2014: Yatagarasu

Fall 2014: Magical Battle Festa

Edit: Dont know how to make images that link to the Steam Storepage.

Probably not the place to ask this but google didn't turn up anything; I just downloaded Risk of Rain and immediately came into this issue:

Most of the text in the game is just like this too. Anybody know what the problem is?

I'm not sure if this is the real issue, but try changing the graphics scale to something else and see if that fixes it.

wilflare

the Capcom sale is tempting me bad T_T
so many things on my wishlist going on sale now

gah would be nice if the M&B DLC were on sale too

Dr Dogg

Uplay has to have one of the most stupid way of updating your email address I've ever seen. Before it will allow you to make a change it has to send an email to your current address so you can amend it, which in itself is fine but when you confirm your new address it doesn't ask you to verify this at the new address to make sure you haven't made any errors. So if you do cock it up (like I totally did not just a second ago) you have either pray that the email address you just set it to in error is available or you're going to have a fun time talking to their support department.

Still as a plus point I have a new spangly email address with my Uplay account on it in total isolation from anything else. Seeing how often they have a security breach this could save some headaches.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Edit: Dont know how to make images that link to the Steam Storepage.

Just wrap the IMG tag in the URL tag. For example:

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/316720/"][IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/316720/header_292x136.jpg?t=1410490618[/IMG][/URL]

Translates to:

Locust

Nope. The only reason that was possible with Dead Rising 3 is that Capcom made a new package and left the previous one region-free, whereas with Fable MS applied the restriction to all of them.

http://steamdb.info/sub/48185/ is the original preorder sub, no ACRTAG on it.

Suppose there's now a policy that a new sub must be created if pubs want to add a region lock afterwards, it's very out of character for MS to not retro lock their stuff.

Sendou

I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, although there'll definitely be a limit. 3 would be my guess (account owner + two secondary users).

I have seen you mention this before but what are you basing this on? Just a hunch?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://steamdb.info/sub/48185/ is the original preorder sub, no ACRTAG on it.

D'oh, managed to miss that.

Suppose there's now a policy that a new sub must be created if pubs want to add a region lock afterwards

One can only hope. That sound you hear is Ubi screaming.

I have seen you mention this before but what are you basing this on? Just a hunch?

The latter, yes. There's no actual data that suggests Valve's planning to expand upon Family Sharing.

I found that out during the last 12 hours of my market ban. It woulda been so nice to know earlier.

Yeah, but it does little to help you if the unknown source funding your wallet is Valve. >_<

What's coming up besides Shadow of Mordor and Civilization? I haven't played The Witcher yet so that one's ruled out.

What big name title does GAF recommend?

Play The Witcher.
Immediately.

FloatOn

I'm not a big animu fan but elimage gothic looks dope.

I do like a good dungeon crawl. Which reminds me, I should finish legend of grimrock one day.

Turfster

DLH.Net is giving away Knights and Merchants HD.
Their servers are being hugged to death at the moment, tho.

Gamefly is doing an 80% off Rockstar games promo.

holy pricing error, batman!

Huh, looks like it bounced up again.
Guess the 1$ was a mistake.

That is most definitely not $1.

So.

It was when I linked it (or at least my system still had it cached at that price)
Looks like they fixed it by now, though.

So as mentioned Fable doesn't have mouse support in the menus. Devs response:

We would have loved to add mouse support to the menu but we reached a point in the project where it was either going to be modding support or adding features such as mouse support in the menus. We chose modding.

Thats a bit...um...yeah, okay then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So as mentioned Fable doesn't have mouse support in the menus. Devs response:

Thats a bit...um...yeah, okay then.

So what they're actually saying is that the project was rushed and they didn't have enough time to finish it. Hmmm....

Hope this one works now:

16th September: Naruto

Fall 2014: Tera MMO

Fall 2014: Yatagarasu

Fall 2014: Magical Battle Festa

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Is The Escapists worth picking up on Early Access? Looks fun, but I've been burned on early access before. Anyone recommend picking it up?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Courtesy of a console warrior in the PC thread.

We are all a bunch of shits.

So what I got from that was "the community is pushy and obnoxious, fuck you guys." Okay.

What I don't get is that this is now the second post from that thread I've seen comparing PC gamers to basically Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm really glad that I've never seen anyone do that seriously, I guess.

Added to my collection of games.

I always forget about fucking BoneTown. I wonder when that's actually going to release on Steam.

Good, good drive more sales on the game.

That looks like one of those games that you see in facebook ads.

What facebook ads do you see that look that good? >_>

I will never understand what people see in Five Nights at Freddy

Probably this.

was this posted already?

popped up in greenlight recently: Miko Gakkou Monogatari

edited: it's not VN, btw

Still animu enough to vote yes on though.

Horror and violence is fine, it's just the sex that seems to cause a lot of VN's to be held back. Saya included.

This seems somewhat tame compared to Saya.

Fair enough.

I just want Saya on Steam ;___;

alright speaking of ports, I've got to get something off my chest. I think the bubble has kind of popped on iOS games, which isn't to say they are not still wildly successful. BUT! some of the earlier games that impressed years ago I think need to find a resting place in our steam libraries. I don't think it's too wild of a request considering we have had some mobile ports here and there (Year Walk for example).

To clarify, I'm not asking for every version of angry birds, I only want the games that were probably better suited for a controller and bigger screen anyway. Tell me you wouldn't want these games in your steam library:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Final Fantasy I + II
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Dragon Quest 8
The World Ends With You

Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney trilogy

I'm sure there are many more. I think all of these would take relatively minimal work and it's a damn shame that they are not already out.

Put SMT on that list and its golden.

Anyone knows what happened to Groupees "World" bundles? I remember there were some other bundles planned like a japanese bundle again.

I held off on buying World End Economica during the comiket sale because Jawmuncher mentioned that it would be in a "World" bundle.

I'm holding you responsible if it never happens, Jawmuncher :|

Looking forward to those.

Plus there's stuff we know that's coming that haven't been released yet, like Rising Angels: Reborn (though it's supposed to release today, if Sekai Project's website is right).

Cody_D165

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cody_D165, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-907FDE1CDD7F6ACC - Taken by danhese007
Gunpoint -- MB-2452332986AADCFD - Taken by pupo

some humble spares enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom