• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what they're actually saying is that the project was rushed and they didn't have enough time to finish it. Hmmm....

Yeah, on top of that it looks like the menus only display controller prompts, don't switch to keyboard ones when you're using that. Games not bad for a tenner what I've had a try on so far, but glad I didn't spend anymore. Also quite weird to see how PC developments gone in 9 years, where iirc Fable: TLC didn't have any controller support to this where KB+M are an afterthought to this extent and developers find that acceptable.

some new stuff from the coming soon section:

Woot been waiting for this one. Anyone at all interested should try the freeware version on the dev's website. The steam version though will have proper leaderboards and a whole lot more levels, and he's also got a mobile version for Android and ios.

Ozium

Had Urlel's Chasm wishlisted

The Unlicensed Bible game that should have been buried in a desert is back !! and this time its taking no prisoners on its metaphysical "psychosis quest" into the very nature of God and death. Narrated By award winning No-wave high priestess Jarboe (SWANS,The path).

awesome... on new release page but listed as coming soon still... but that gave me enough time to notice that Kiss is publishing this so it's rife for bundlin'

Nete

You broke guys should totally start playing CS:GO, because it is the motherfucking motherlode.
Also, you're not going to spend anything because you'll be addicted to CS:GO, so it's sort of a "win-win-get fired from work because you have to play more to earn more virtual cash" situation.

I've been playing a lot of CS:GO these days as I'm testing all that operation stuff, but I just don't enjoy it anymore, no matter what mode I play :/. Seems I burned out the game years ago.

There is also the part where right now I plainly suck, but thats just lack of practice... practice I won't get if I'm not getting fun. I even have a mission I don't want to finish where I need to win 1 more round in Competitive, as I feel fucking bad for my teammates LOL.

Played an hour of Fable Anniversary, game holds up incredible well, it looks nice and runs fine. wish there was some more graphics options but other than that I'm having a good time with it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Had Urlel's Chasm wishlisted

The Unlicensed Bible game that should have been buried in a desert is back !! and this time its taking no prisoners on its metaphysical "psychosis quest" into the very nature of God and death. Narrated By award winning No-wave high priestess Jarboe (SWANS,The path).

awesome... on new release page but listed as coming soon still... but that gave me enough time to notice that Kiss is publishing this so it's rife for bundlin'

"Hitching a ride on a Dimethyltryptamine tank" is one of the stranger names for a badge I've seen. I wonder what the higher level badges for the game are called.

CHC

Ugh this Capcom sale is pretty crappy. I know I'm being super cheap but this is Steam, c'mon.... I just want Resident Evil 4 for $5.

Ugh this Capcom sale is pretty crappy. I know I'm being super cheap but this is Steam, c'mon.... I just want Resident Evil 4 for $5.

Go talk to a Russian.
Otherwise, you're being a bit unrealistic... the game was released on Steam LESS THAN SIX MONTHS AGO. ;)

onionfrog

Prices are pretty good if you get in touch with the Russians.
Got RE5, RE6 Complete and RE Revelations for $21.
Not bad!

Deques

Umm am i reading this wrong? I'm pretty sure it says they decided they would rather have modding tools/features rather then mouse control of menu....

To me it sounds like they let other people do their work. I mean, how difficult can it be to add mouse control in the menus...

Ozium

No planetarium impressions yet?

KineticNovel games are so named because the story can be progressed without player interaction. There are no choices to be made and only one ending. Thus, the player can enjoy the game more like a traditional novel.

lol... are you VN fans going to argue that VNs are games and not just really expensive fanfics with pictures to look at? also why ar they called "kinetic novels" when they require less movement than reading a book?

edit sorry for double post

Ozium

Jawmuncher

lol... are you VN fans going to argue that VNs are games and not just really expensive fanfics with pictures to look at? also why ar they called "kinetic novels" when they require less movement than reading a book?

edit sorry for double post

What's wrong with reading a book with pictures and sound and controlling the pace?
That's still a game.

Locust

Has anyone actually seen a locked copy of DR2 Complete? Because I've got a few in my inv that I bought like a year ago and they look fine despite them locking the old sub.

So... Revelations is good? Thinking about picking it up.

It's okay. The game is just as entertaining as the previous Resis but has a couple issues like the shooting not feeling as satisfying and the enemies being rather boring (except for the strong enemy type towards the end of the game, who is kewl).
You also have to play side missions with other characters which breaks the pacing in my opinion.
But the ship makes for a nice setting and it feels like a Resident Evil. The game also controlls well (although you can feel it's a 3DS game originally) and is a decent port, like always. If you liked RE5&6 you will find this one alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom