• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I have no idea. I told him he could list whatever reason he want. since it doesn't matter to me. But I was thinking of resigning anyway, so whatever you know?

Make sure they fire you, you can probably collect unemployment depending on your state's laws. (How long you've worked there, etc.) Also, you were fired if they demand you resign or "don't bother coming in." Get clarity.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

whoa - those guys have BALLS!!! ... look at those screenshots ... and then look at recommended specs O_O

Shadownet

Banned
Make sure they fire you, you can probably collect unemployment depending on your state's laws. (How long you've worked there, etc.) Also, you were fired if they demand you resign or "don't bother coming in." Get clarity.

I mean it's a retail store, also i've been there off and on for 2 years. I don't think I can collect unemployment. Beside starting tomorrow I'll fill out some applications for work anyway. It's not like I'm planning on being unemployed for long. (hopefully I will find a job. But where i live right now. There's a lot of opportunities.)

He said "Either you find a way to work or don't bother coming in again." it was pretty damn clear. Also it's kinda BS that I got that threat even though this would be my first time missing a shift. Never miss one before. While other people have gotten like 2-3 before getting fired.

I had enough of the store drama and the people there, plus the stress of working in that area. So i've been contemplating on quiting for a while anyway.

SSPssp

I mean it's a retail store, also i've been there off and on for 2 years. I don't think I can collect unemployment. Beside starting tomorrow I'll fill out some applications for work anyway. It's not like I'm planning on being unemployed for long. (hopefully I will find a job. But where i live right now. There's a lot of opportunities.)

He said "Either you find a way to work or don't bother coming in again." it was pretty damn clear. Also it's kinda BS that I got that threat even though this would be my first time missing a shift. Never miss one before. While other people have gotten like 2-3 before getting fired.

I had enough of the store drama and the people there, plus the stress of working in that area. So i've been contemplating on quiting for a while anyway.

Cool, I'm sure you'll find something better. Good luck dude!

Kanokare

Should really pick up Remember Me. Probably sell a case to get it before it ends.

Damn that sucks though :/ I'd mainly blame the guy who was supposed to take the shift though. You don't commit and back out when it's too late like that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sigh, I'm currently doing the dance with Valve over my ARMA X (NA) sub.

Me: "I'd like my ARMA X (NA) sub repackaged into a gift so I can activate the ARMA 2 (ROW) gift I have in my inventory as I'll then have both versions of it."
Valve: "Sorry, gifts cannot be repackaged/reset and transferred between accounts."
Me: "I don't want it reverted for the purpose of an account transfer; it's for my own account. I had this done with my Company of Heroes 2 pre-order. If my existing sub can't be repackaged, then maybe instead it can be removed and a replacement placed in my inventory."
Valve: "Gift repackaging isn't a general support policy. Your previous ticket on this matter was a one-time thing."
Me: "And what of my alternative suggestion? If it's outside of Valve's support guidelines I'd ask that the matter be referred to somebody who's in the position to sign off on it, although I realise no guarantees can be made."

I have three more options beyond this:

1) Ask that the modified licence check on the ARMA 2 (ROW) sub be removed so I can add it to my library (super doubtful)
2) Ask that the ARMA 2 (ROW) sub be added to my account manually at Valve's end (also super doubtful because Valve refused to do so with the War of the Vikings Valhalla Edition)
3) Thank "Jimmy" for his help and start bugging Bohemia about #1 (and probably won't get anywhere either)

I wouldn't have to be bugging Valve about this if Bohemia didn't yank the NA version of ARMA X (and ARMA 2) from the store earlier in the year as I then could have just bought a spare and submitted another game removal request.

Dr Dogg

I've always deferred to the definition of a game is an activity one engages in for amusement. Yep that makes a lot of activities possible games but cuts out all the indecision.

whoa - those guys have BALLS!!! ... look at those screenshots ... and then look at recommended specs O_O

Kind of looks like TOCA, which is about 18 years old. Still it's going to have Rift support.

rtcn63

Those people were probably closer to your boss. Every job I've worked, being social and full of shit > being a good, reliable employee.

Knurek

Now, this is probably not news to most of you, but still may interest a few folks:

If you ever used Win8, you might've noticed that the Task Manager got a nice overhaul, with loads of more data being shown. You might not know, but you can get just about the same functionality under WinXP and upwards, just without some fancy graphics.

You just need to download Process Explorer, extract it to any place on your HDD, run it and select Options->Replace Task Manager.

It can even be used for quick check whether your GPU still has some horsepower left, as it can show total GPU usage per each process being run.

procexplnkkxk.png

largeImg.png

Sigh, I'm currently doing the dance with Valve over my ARMA X (NA) sub.

Me: "I'd like my ARMA X (NA) sub repackaged into a gift so I can activate the ARMA 2 (ROW) gift I have in my inventory as I'll then have both versions of it."
Valve: "Sorry, gifts cannot be repackaged/reset and transferred between accounts."
Me: "I don't want it reverted for the purpose of an account transfer; it's for my own account. I had this done with my Company of Heroes 2 pre-order. If my existing sub can't be repackaged, then maybe instead it can be removed and a replacement placed in my inventory."
Valve: "Gift repackaging isn't a general support policy. Your previous ticket on this matter was a one-time thing."
Me: "And what of my alternative suggestion? If it's outside of Valve's support guidelines I'd ask that the matter be referred to somebody who's in the position to sign off on it, although I realise no guarantees can be made."

I have three more options beyond this:

1) Ask that the modified licence check on the ARMA 2 (ROW) sub be removed so I can add it to my library (super doubtful)
2) Ask that the ARMA 2 (ROW) sub be added to my account manually at Valve's end (also super doubtful because Valve refused to do so with the War of the Vikings' Valhalla Edition)
3) Thank "Jimmy" for his help and start bugging Bohemia about #1 (and probably won't get anywhere either)

I wouldn't have to be bugging Valve about this if Bohemia didn't yank the NA version of ARMA X (and ARMA 2) from the store earlier in the year as I then could have just bought a spare and submitted another game removal request.

4) Don't worry about it. ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shadownet

Banned
Cool, I'm sure you'll find something better. Good luck dude!

Thank you ^__^

Damn that sucks though :/ I'd mainly blame the guy who was supposed to take the shift though. You don't commit and back out when it's too late like that.

Yeah, but the ass. manager was being kind of unfair anyway. the guy that was supposed to take my shift texted me a while ago saying that he been sick a lot so he's been bedridden. He might be lying but at this point I don't really care since he gave me an excuse to finally get out of that company.
-----------------------

Also, is Remember Me worth $2.76? (russian price)

I'm thinking about playing RE6 on No Hope one of these days. Already beat it on PS3, but not on PC (actually I did, but only with Leon). Anyone wants to join me? Jawmuncher maybe?

And once again I remember why living in the UK and EU with its stringent employee protection laws is a good thing (Even if it makes my life as a HR Officer slightly tricky). That sort of shit would get them hauled in front of a tribunal and you walking away with a large sum of money over here.

Shadownet

Banned
And once again I remember why living in the UK and EU with its stringent employee protection laws is a good thing (Even if it makes my life as a HR Officer slightly tricky). That sort of shit would get them hauled in front of a tribunal and you walking away with a large sum of money over here.

I always thought that if I ever move to another country it would be Canada or the UK. (yes as much as I make fun of Phoenix for being a Canadian. I'm secretly envious of him.)

Dr Dogg

Now, this is probably not news to most of you, but still may interest a few folks:

If you ever used Win8, you might've noticed that the Task Manager got a nice overhaul, with loads of more data being shown. You might not know, but you can get just about the same functionality under WinXP and upwards, just without some fancy graphics.

You just need to download Process Explorer, extract it to any place on your HDD, run it and select Options->Replace Task Manager.

It can even be used for quick check whether your GPU still has some horsepower left, as it can show total GPU usage per each process being run.

http://abload.de/img/procexplnkkxk.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.creativemark.co.uk/uploads/images/580/10580/largeImg.png[MG][/QUOTE]

Process Explorer and Network Monitor are 2 very useful tools I have no idea why Microsoft doesn't include in Windows installs. They have been available for years but only as addons. Process Explorer is very neat in that you can actually see what threads a certain process is using and the corresponding CPU usage. So say you have a game that is being a right pain to run in the CPU department, well you can have a look and get a read on the more demanding threads for the process. Very handy tool for analysis.

JaseC

I didn't understand nothing of the post, but good luck :D

The TL;DR is that my ARMA X licence is preventing me from redeeming a different version of ARMA 2 and so I need the former temporarily moved out of the way. I understand that my situation is decidedly unique but I feel that this is one of those support moments where a bit of common sense should supersede a lack of relevant policy.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not annoyed at the CSR I'm corresponding with in particular; he has rules he has to abide by, after all. It's just frustrating that Valve's support guidelines are so rigid. No party comes out ahead of the other with what I've proposed -- I get both my ARMA 2s (win for me) and my account is still limited to the one copy of ARMA X (win for Valve).

procexplnkkxk.png

largeImg.png

It's a good program. Beware, however: I don't know whether this is still true with more recent versions of either software, but in the past SecuROM would sometimes identify it as a hostile program and fail to launch a game as a result. I had a fun time about 18 months ago chasing up EA technical support after this issue occurred with SimCity Societies.

Hmm, I wasn't quite liking my Rogue in Dragon Age, so I started a new character, decided to settle on a Human Warrior, nothing to fancy. I did quite like the Human Noble Origin though, a rather basic story but I felt it was pretty solid.

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm, I wasn't quite liking my Rogue in Dragon Age, so I started a new character, decided to settle on a Human Warrior, nothing to fancy. I did quite like the Human Noble Origin though, a rather basic story but I felt it was pretty solid.

My favorite Origins story of the game. Human Noble.

JaseC

Again, good luck with Valve. One time I asked them to replace my Max Payne game (english only language) with the italian version of it, they want to remove my game, so I said them "No" and I closed my ticket.

Ta. I did think of a fourth option, actually:

4) Ask Bohemia for an ARMA 2 (NA) key if I were to buy the game from its store. This way I could buy myself a gift copy of ARMA X (ROW) and, after having my ARMA X (NA) licence removed, still end up with both ARMA 2s.

Ta. I did think of a fourth option, actually:

4) Ask Bohemia for an ARMA 2 (NA) key if I were to buy the game from its store. This way I could buy myself a gift copy of ARMA X (ROW) and, after having my ARMA X (NA) licence removed, still end up with both ARMA 2s.

If you refocused your efforts, cancer could be cured.

My favorite Origins story of the game. Human Noble.

So far I've done the Dwarven Noble and the City Elf too, though I never really got that far with either of those playthroughs. I'd stopped the former during Ostagar and the latter was in the Circle after Lothering.

Still not quite got fully on board with managing everyone at once, need to properly give the tactics a rundown and such in the game really.

Alright, gotta decide which RE game to get this weekend.

I liked the demo for Revelations. I've always wanted to play RE5 (I'd need a co-op buddy), and I want to play RE6 someday.

I've already got RE4 on basically everything but Steam (my favorite game), so I can wait for the price to go down.

Turfster

Alright, gotta decide which RE game to get this weekend.

I liked the demo for Revelations. I've always wanted to play RE5 (I'd need a co-op buddy), and I want to play RE6 someday.

I've already got RE4 on basically everything but Steam (my favorite game), so I can wait for the price to go down.

I like Revelaitons, hated RE5 (also still GFWLed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom