• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Okay, I just got back home and my Steam client is showing that I only have TF2 installed. It's the only game I have installed on my SSD/C: drive. All other games installed on my HDD/D: drive are showing as not installed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT:

Hmm, looks like my D: folder is missing from the Steam Folders setting in downloads.

Mono

Machine for Pigs is $4.59 for another 6.5 hours. Was it anywhere as good as the original?

It's not like The Dark Descent at all! It's less about scaring you and more about story and atmosphere, so don't go into it expecting Amnesia 2! It's a really good game, but it's not supposed to be scary like the first one, even though it is definitely creepy at times.

It's not like The Dark Descent at all! It's less about scaring you and more about story and atmosphere, so don't go into it expecting Amnesia 2! It's a really good game, but it's not supposed to be scary like the first one, even though it is definitely creepy at times.

Thanks!

dot

I'm finally about to reach 400 games, so time to celebrate!

I wanted to gift this to someone on my friend list but couldn't pick so ya'll have at it! /o/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saints Row IV -- MB-695679CE55B0B6D7 - Taken by Black Soma. 17 entrants total.

t1410572767z1.png

this is vanilla SRIV by the way

Zafir

Okay, I just got back home and my Steam client is showing that I only have TF2 installed. It's the only game I have installed on my SSD/C: drive. All other games installed on my HDD/D: drive are showing as not installed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT:

Hmm, looks like my D: folder is missing from the Steam Folders setting in downloads.

Just create a new location for that drive but put it to your old folder. Should refind everything.

Who should we talk to about getting a Dead Rising 1 port?
Common sense would say "any public figure from Capcpom."

Reality dictates "don't bother they'll never ever allow it."

I am sure MS has some type of rights to that game since it never released outside of the 360. So probably Phil Spencer. Also he needs to be asked about Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon ports for Steam. MS is bound to stop supporting the 360. No need to bury all those good classic games with it. They shall forever live on the PC platform.

:p
DR1 released on Wii and iOS, more or less. I'm sure Capcpom could port a proper version over to PC if they wanted to, but we're talking about a company here who did not feel inclined to do so with their one of their all-time most expensive projects (Dragon's Dogma) either, after all the pre-release flaunting they did about that little factoid.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
No, I thought it was really poor in the end.

Think Dear Esther but less scary and shorter. That isn't really accurate, but it is a lot closer than thinking about the original.

That is disappointing, especially considering it's predecessor.

So, how do you change the native language of the web browser steam store?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, so that is the true function of idlemaster. jshackles you magnificent bastard.

That version is in beta since I'm trying to get it to run on the 3DS and it keeps crashing. So far the only success I've had is that it will occasionally drop Kid Icarus AR cards.
Obviously, I'm kidding.

This is a very nice thing you're doing.

Thanks! Any way you guys can get the word out on this would be great. I did the marathon last year and had a lot of fun and raised a few hundred dollars. This year, especially with the prizes up for grabs, I'm hoping to raise even more.

We'll only be able to donate on the day of the stream?

You can donate any time! :) If you leave your Steam profile URL in the donation comments I'll get your badge to you right away. The game prizes will be distributed after the live-stream is over.

Mono

No, I thought it was really poor in the end.

Think Dear Esther but less scary and shorter. That isn't really accurate, but it is a lot closer than thinking about the original.

I wouldn't say that! The narration in Dear Esther seems to be a bunch of random lines triggered as you walk across the island. A Machine For Pigs sets up nice scenarios to show you the story piece by piece, which I thought was really cool! Definitely not for everyone, though!

There's also some puzzles and hiding, so it isn't exactly like Dear Esther.

yuraya

DR1 released on Wii and iOS, more or less. I'm sure Capcpom could port a proper version over to PC if they wanted to, but we're talking about a company here who did not feel inclined to do so with their one of their all-time most expensive projects (Dragon's Dogma) either, after all the pre-release flaunting they did about that little factoid.

Yea I don't know whats up with Dragon's Dogma. I've honestly never heard of the game until I read about it here on GAF not too long ago. Looked at some gameplay footage and it looks like a ton of fun. Kinda of a surprising head scratcher to why they didn't release it on PC. Hopefully they do in the future.

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Etherium Beta -- MB-47089B9D53DA4172 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Tektonic

I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Elements: Soul of Fire (DESURA) -- MB-161E75D77D499199 - Taken by iosefe
ulgzbKC.png
One day for CHED (DESURA) -- MB-CDBA749B629444F3 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Arkadianx (DESURA) -- MB-AEF805C297646337 - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
Pirated Pirates (DESURA) -- MB-33B2158243AB412F - Taken by TheMadMan007
ulgzbKC.png
Der Professor (DESURA) -- MB-9010BA2717B609E2 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Radium (DESURA) -- MB-157BC048B48007F3 - Taken by Catshade

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-237AABA7A6B90AB4 - Taken by $h@d0w. 50 entrants total.

t1410574027z1.png

Tizoc

Common sense would say "any public figure from Capcpom."

Reality dictates "don't bother they'll never ever allow it."

Yet Reality got Resident Evil 4 HD on Steam. Anything is possible, fuck reality :V

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III Gold Edition -- MB-B3F92A871A64441C - Taken by almostheathen. 2 entrants total.

t1410564847z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You bought one of the best 3DS games.

Personally I'm looking forward to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call next week. I probably put more hours than I care to admit into the original
>100

Oh yeah... Steam things and stuff.

After finishing Crysis 3 and liking it much more than I thought I would, time to try Mediocre Third Shooty Game 2 -

Lost Planet 3 I'm looking at you. Let's do this.

Am I the only one who like Splinter Cell: Conviction?

No. And Blacklist was one of my favorite games of the last few years too. Under appreciated., the both of 'em.

it's gonna happen soon.
lol. apparently Singapore Steam Store is gonna change its currency to SGD (and will factor in GST and all that...) - thankfully, my Steam acc is US.. ><

I must say I'm curious (and a wee bit unsure) as to what would happen if we vote yes in that regard, wouldn't like it to cause us to be screwed over by region lock in some way.

Shadownet

Banned
End of october, maybe.

Never played it.
I heard it was axed more towards shootbangs than stealth or something?

Yeah they geared it more toward the action crowd. But there is still a good amount of stealth in it. Honestly I think before Blacklist. It was the Splinter Cell game where the gameplay was easy to understand and control. They really streamline the gameplay. Of course they built upon that in Blacklist, bringing back some of the classic stealth mechanic while keeping the action crowds happy.

I loved Conviction. 9/10 would play again on PC.

NA codes for the demo.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
NA Super Smash Bros Demo (3DS) -- MB-5B15714E19D018FF - Taken by Daedalos42. 7 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
NA Super Smash Bros Demo (3DS) #2 -- MB-069BCC2C2C219986 - Taken by jshackles. 7 entrants total.

t1410565808z1.png

Miguel81

Yeah they geared it more toward the action crowd. But there is still a good amount of stealth in it. Honestly I think before Blacklist. It was the Splinter Cell game where the gameplay was easy to understand and control. They really streamline the gameplay. Of course they built upon that in Blacklist, bringing back some of the classic stealth mechanic while keeping the action crowds happy.

I just hated the grey filter. It killed a lot of the ambience that I was expecting.

Turfster

Huh.
Might need to get that... sometime, then.
The last one I played was Chaos Theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom